A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Alive...For Now

Awesumitude
    Awesumitude

Male
    Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2012-03-07

Alive...For Now Empty Alive...For Now

Post by Awesumitude 3/24/2012, 5:18 pm

CHAPTER 1

He ran as fast as he could, but he feared it wasn't fast enough. He had to find her. He could not stand losing her. He leaped over a tree root and crashed into a branch. He couldn't help but grin.
    "Well, that was ironic,"he muttered.
    "Indeed, it was," said a voice behind him. He whirled around and saw a pretty blonde girl wearing a loose white dress. She had clear blue eyes and was watching him with a smirk on her face. She held out a hand to help him up. Ignoring her hand, he got up with a scowl. He watched her through narrowing eyes.
    "I've got a sort of rule against strangers,"he added,"Nothing personal."
    "Even if they knew where Adriana was?" she queried.
    Adriana! How did she know where she was,let alone who she was?
    "Well I guess I can break my rules every now and again,"he replied."The name's Darryl." He thrust his hand out for a shake.
    "Isabelle."
    And without a word she took off in the opposite direction.
    "Wait! Isabelle! How do you know Adriana?"he cried
    She thought about it for a second then said,
    "If you know her, then I know her."
    Clearly confused, he asked,
    "What?"
    "Listen do you want to banter back and forth, or do you want to find Adriana!"she half-shouted.
    "What got into her,"he thought. But he decided that this was the closest he had been to Adriana in...well in a long time,so he decided to shut up and follow her.
    Alarms were blaring in his mind after following Isabelle until it was sundown. He never did this sort of thing. To survive in what the world had become, you had to trust no one. She hadn't said a word for a few hours. He decided to trust his gut. He fitted an arrow into his crossbow. He aimed at her head. Then suddenly he saw Adriana in his mind's eye and what she would say. He removed the arrow in disgust. He strapped the crossbow to his back and set off at a jog to catch up to Isabelle. They needed to reach some shelter or set up camp as it was getting dark. He called out to her, ready to tell her that when she said,
    "Smart choice." How could she have possibly known what he was going to do?
    "I..uh...don't know what you're talking about,"I said.
    She turned around smirked at him,
    "Really, well it's over now since we've reached."
    He looked around and saw nothing different from the forest that they had been walking through for the past few hours.
    "Umm...there's nothing here tha-"he was saying before a shriek cut him off.
    "Darryl!" He turned toward the direction of the voice. His eyes opened wide.
    "Adriana! I actually found you," he shouted and embraced her tightly.
    "Quiet!"she snapped though with a smile on her face,"they could be anywhere.Or have you forgotten already. Anyway, how did you find me?"
    "Actually, it was all thanks to Isabelle," he told her. He looked back to where Isabelle was standing and in her place was nothing.
    Adriana pulled herself away and looked up at him.
    "Who's Isabelle?" she asked. He was still looking at the spot where she was.
    "She was right there,"he said but he got no further. Because as he said that he heard the grim moaning of THEM. He turned around and right out of the trees came the zombies, walking, crawling and dragging themselves towards them.
    "Oh hell,"Darryl muttered. Clutching Adriana's hand, he turned and ran for dear life still thinking about Isabelle, with the moans of the undead following them...

Last edited by Awesumitude on 3/26/2012, 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Awesumitude
    Awesumitude

Male

Alive...For Now Empty Re: Alive...For Now

Post by Awesumitude 3/24/2012, 10:40 pm

CHAPTER 1 CONTINUED

They needed to find some shelter quick. Those things don't get tired, but he and Adriana would. They could only find some place to hideout until morning came. He only had five arrows with him and his machete and Adriana had her tactical shotgun, and a hunting knife, but she hadn't been very capable last time he had seen her use them. Also, he wasn't sure how much ammo Adriana had. He risked a glance behind him and saw more zombies in a group than he had seen before in his life, almost 50. They would be overwhelmed. He could not let Adriana die. No, he WOULD not let Adriana die.
    "Adriana!"he shouted,"we have to climb up the trees."
    She looked back at the zombies and he could see that she was close to tears. Then,she watched him and nodded. None of these trees had branches low down. He started to panic again.
    "We can use the knives to work our way up,"Adriana said. He glanced gratefully back at her. Suddenly, she threw herself towards the closest tree,jumped and sank her knife hilt deep into the bark. She reached up to the nearest branch with her free hand and kept climbing. I followed her example and ran to the same tree, jumped and grabbed the hilt. He lifted himself up when suddenly the knife broke and he was hurtled back to the ground. The zombies were less than 10 feet away. Frantically he pulled out his machete and stabbed it into the tree. Adriana reached out a hand for him. The weight of the crossbow weighed him down. He removed it from his back and handed it to Adriana. They were less than 5 feet away now. He scrambled up to the closest branch, then retrieved his machete. He moved upwards to where Adriana had climbed higher. As he reached he breathed a sigh of relief.
    "Well that was almost a bad situation, wasn't it," he grinned at her. Despite their situation she smiled.
    "Yeah, we sure dodged that bullet,"she replied as she looked down at the group of zombies teeming at the bottom of the tree.
    "Get some rest, I'll watch them,"he told Adriana.
    She smiled at him and handed him back his crossbow. He took it with a sigh of comfort as she snuggled against him, trying to get comfort in the most uncomfortable situations.
    shortyy.xo
    shortyy.xo
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1740
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Post by shortyy.xo 3/25/2012, 9:58 am

Thats really good!
    Awesumitude
    Awesumitude

Male

Post by Awesumitude 3/25/2012, 8:25 pm

CHAPTER 2

Darryl watched the monsters swarm around the tree throughout the night. He hadn't gotten so much as a wink of sleep. He had tried to after Adriana had awoken a couple hours ago around four a.m. He could barely keep his eyes closed for more than ten seconds. He blamed it all on the adrenalin coursing through his veins but he knew it was his overactive mind. He tried to formulate a plan on how to get away, but all he could do was think about that mysterious Isabelle. He didn't quite understand what had gone on over the past week. Maybe she was just the hallucination of a sleep-deprived, on-the-verge-of-crazy 19 year old guy. Ever since Adriana had randomly disappeared, he had no idea what to do. He left without telling anyone else. Because he knew what they would say, that it wasn't safe...that she was gone forever. But he could not accept that. He knew she was out there. She was one of the strongest people he knew. She survived because her will to survive was stronger than anyone else's. She believed that life was still worth living, even after everything. That's why he knew she was alive, and that he needed to find her. He had been tracking her for a week when Isabelle showed up. He was beginning to lose hope. When Isabelle said what she had said, it was like hearing the words of an angel. Then when she disappeared as well...well he didn't know quite what to think.
    When Adriana had awoken, he climbed up to the top of the tree, both to see anything that was worth seeing and also to get away from the mindless drones of the zombies. He saw nothing he didn't really expect to see, except for a huge lake to the north-east. To the west was the city that was now overrun by those monsters. He could see the thousands of them milling around like bored farm animals, held in place by the fence that was shoddily constructed at the last minute by the few remaining survivors of that city. No doubt they were probably turned by now. He wished he could head back to camp now, but they were most likely gone by now.Everywhere else was forest, which he was growing to hate. He decided their best bet was to head northeast to the lake, but the only way he could think of was dangerous and there was a good chance they might not make it. But they had no other choice.
    He headed back down to Adriana and watched the group of zombies scratch at the tree trunk mindlessly. The group's numbers had steadily decreased throughout the night. From roughly 50 zombies, most had dwindled away, leaving exactly 10 remaining. He watched Adriana for a second then explained his plan.
    An hour later, he tapped her shoulder and without watching her he said,
    "It's time." And without a moment's hesitation, he raised the crossbow to his eye, aimed and fired. The arrow pierced it through its eye and the zombie fell to the ground unmoving. He quickly loaded another arrow and shot another zombie straight through the brain. He then dropped to the ground, landing on a 3rd zombie. He bashed its head in with the crossbow repeatedly until it stopped moaning. Seven zombies remained and four of them were focused on him. He shouted,
    "Adriana! NOW!" She leaped gracefully down the tree, Darryl's machete in hand and her shotgun strapped to her back. She landed thrusting the blade of the machete directly into the head of a zombie. The zombie fell to its knees and lay still. 2 other zombies were coming after her. She didn't have time to pry the blade free, so she took her gun and whacked the closest zombie in its head over and over until tainted blood soaked her hand. The other zombie was right behind her now. She whirled around, eyes wide with terror, when an arrow flew out of nowhere and struck it in the side of its head. She glanced back to see Darryl turning away to face two other zombies. She kicked down the first zombie she had killed and hit its head weakening it, and then she pulled out the blade. Adriana then ran to Darryl who was fighting the remaining 2 zombies. She watched as he easily dispatched one, but then everything went wrong. Darryl stumbled backwards and the zombie fell atop him ready to bite him. She didn't know what to do. She knew risking a shot would attract every zombie within a mile's radius. But this was Darryl. She could not let him die. She raised the shotgun to her eye and aimed. She breathed out and shot the monster straight in its head. The force knocked it backwards off Darryl. Suddenly, he jumped to his feet and watched her.
    "Thanks a lot, now instead of dying by the hands of one zombie, I'll die by the hands of hundreds." was all he said. She watched in shock as he surveyed the massacre quickly and retrieved all of his arrows.
    "How can you say that? I just saved your life!"she demanded.
    "No, you just endangered it more, but we really can't be having this conversation now,"he replied,"now COME ON!"He gripped her hand and half-carried,half-dragged her away.

Awesumitude
    Awesumitude

Male

Post by Awesumitude 3/26/2012, 12:48 am

CHAPTER 2 CONTINUED

It had been about an hour since the fight. Thankfully, they hadn't run into anymore trouble. Darryl couldn't stop thinking about what he told Adriana. She had saved his life, and what had he done,he had shouted at her. He decided that once they found somewhere safe, they would sit down and have a long talk, but at the moment he could only focus on keeping the both of them alive. They didn't dare talk out in the open for anyone...or anything to hear. Even only seeing the back of her, he could tell that she was brimming with questions. He decided to speak up.
    "Hey,"he said.
    "Hey indeed,"Adriana replied. Suddenly, he realized that he didn't know what to ask her. He licked his lips.
    "What do you want?"she asked in a neutral voice, as if afraid to anger him.
    "Listen, I'm sorry.For everything.I wasn't thinking clearly and I-"he said, when she cut him off.
    "It's okay. It was the heat of the battle. Plus you almost suffered a fate worse than death,"she whispered softly,eyes downcast.
    "No, it wasn't the battle. I stumbled because I,uh,I saw Isabelle,"he said. Adriana looked up at him.
    "What?But there was no one else there. That's not possible,"Adriana remarked.
    "I know how this is going to sound, but you have to believe me. She was calling out to me, except she didn't exactly say any words. When I saw her, I was shocked and I fell over. She said she knew somewhere safe that we could go,but...but that I had to leave you behind,"he then added with a small smile,"then you came along and you saved me. The thing is...that as Isabelle was going to say the name of the place that was safe, you shot the zombie.I had Instinctively closed my eyes and when I opened them back ,the zombie was gone and so was Isabelle. That's why I was angry. But not at you. Never at you. I was frustrated with what had happened. Not just this Isabelle thing, but this,"he said as he waved his hands gesturing to everything.
    "You mean the zombie apocalypse?"I asked. He looked devastated, worse than I had ever seen him. I placed a hand on his shoulder.
    "Let me ask you something. Did you do this?No!Do you know who did this?No!Does it matter if you knew them?Well, maybe. But the point is, that we're in this situation. And there are others like us.We just need to find them. I know you're feeling pretty disoriented right now. But we have to stay strong for each other. In this day and age, mediocrity can no longer be allowed to fly. We must always be at our best. You understand me?The best."Adriana could see the steely look in his eyes come back. He knew that he was back to normal. She breathed an inward sigh of relief. He raised his eyes to meet hers. Then he did something that surprised them both. He kissed her. They backed up to a tree without stopping. Suddenly, he stopped and gazed into her eyes and whispered,
    "I'll never let you go."
    Then she kissed him this time, when suddenly they heard a gunshot ring throughout the entire forest. Darryl jerked back, eyes rapidly darting around. Then another gunshot and another until it was a myriad of gunshots.
    "Come on,"he said trying to drag her away.
    "But, the person might need help. We have to help them,"Adriana replied.
    "Well we can't help them. Now, come on, the zombies are probably gonna show up any minute now."he whispered loudly. As if on cue, zombies came walking slowly towards them from the direction they were going. He turned around and saw that other ones were trudging their way toward them from the other direction.
    "Oh my God,"he muttered,"fine, let's go then." he told Adriana. If they were gonna be run, they might as well run towards more firepower.
    They took off in that direction, with Adriana in the lead. It was only now that he realized that the gunshots had stopped. Too late now, he thought. They kept running but saw no sight of anyone. They arrived at a wider than normal track, when Darryl heard something. He paused,and looked to his left. Adriana had already crossed the path when suddenly she shrieked. A pick-up truck was coming from his right. He looked at Adriana and saw something a bit to her right. Then he realized that it was a zombie.
    "LOOK OU-"he cried, but he got no further as the truck crashed into him. He fell to the ground. The sky was only going in and out of focus. The last thing he heard was several gunshots before he blacked out.
    Awesumitude
    Awesumitude

Male

Post by Awesumitude 3/26/2012, 7:32 pm

CHAPTER 3

Darryl opened his eyes and instantly regretted it. Just the opening of an eye was enough to rack his body with pains. But like he always did, he pushed down the pain and reopened his eyes. He looked around. Was he in a hospital? A rubbery plastic tube ran from his left hand to a machine. Some sort of I.V. machine he guessed. His right leg was bandaged. Gauze wrapped around his midsection. What happened,he thought. Suddenly, he saw a pair of headlights coming towards him. He shut his eyes quickly trying to remove that image from his mind. Then he remembered. Adriana! She almost got bit. Where was she? He sat up despite his pain.
    "Adriana!"he tried to yell, but it only came out as a hoarse whisper. He grabbed onto the machine to help him stand up. He removed the tubes from his arms and tried to walk, but the machine would not support his weight. He fell onto his side.
    "Ohh,"he groaned. The pain was excruciating but he forced himself up. He managed to walk a couple meters, before he stumbled. He fell once more. The pain was too intense. He passed out on the cold floor, unknowing of what lay outside that door.
    He dreamed of Isabelle. She was wearing that same dress. Her bright blue eyes looking down at him. He was in his old room back home. But for some reason, he was on the floor.
    "You gonna lie there all day, or you gonna do something about it?"she asked.
    "Shut up, I can barely move,"he replied.
    "That's nothing for the Darryl I know,"she said.
    "You don't know me."he answered.
    "But I do Darryl.I sure do. Now stop laying around feeling sorry for yourself. And remember what you need to do."
    Darryl groaned. He felt a nibbling at his feet. He opened his eyes, and looked at his feet.
    "Ahh,"he yelled. A zombie was biting at his show hands groping his leg. He kicked it in its disgusting face. He felt for his machete, but of course it was not there. He got up quickly and saw a scalpel lying on the bedside table. He moved towards it, the zombie close behind. Darryl grabbed the scalpel and turned around ready to kill it. When he realized that the zombie looked vaguely familiar. Its eyes once bright and vivacious were now dead. He still recognized the eyes though. It was the eyes he looked at countlessly for advice. It was the eyes that looked at him in worry. It was the eyes of Adriana. Tears streamed down his face. She was still moving towards him. He pushed her away, but she kept coming. He knew what he had to do. With obvious reluctance, he held her head and whispered,
    "I love you." He paused waiting for some reply, but there was none. He nodded as if accepting her fate and stabbed her through the head with the scalpel. He stabbed her over and over until she stopped moving and a couple more after that. He lay beside her and cried until he couldn't cry anymore.
    At some point, he had fallen asleep. When he woke up, Adriana was in his arms. He watched her grimly.
    "I'm sorry I couldn't save you...but at least you're safe now,"Darryl whispered while stroking her hair. He got up unsteadily and watched out the window. He could see a blue pick-up truck close-by,possibly the one that had hit him.In the tray of the truck, he saw his machete and crossbow. He picked Adriana up, or at least what was left of her, and proceeded towards the door, when suddenly he saw the door handle slowly turn. He paused unsure of what to do, and just stayed still. The door was pushed open slowly. Immediately, he dropped to the floor,pulling Adriana's lifeless body on top him. A zombie walked in and trudged around the room. It circled the room a couple times before deciding to leave. As it neared Darryl it stopped, and raised its head as if smelling an unfamiliar scent. Then he looked down and snarled. He started to smell Adriana. Then, Darryl reached up and punched it right in the nose. He moved from underneath Adriana and punched the other zombie repeatedly. Dark blood spilled all over his hand but he would not stop. He took out all his rage,his hatred on the zombie. He bashed its skull in with his boot and knocked its head clean off its body. He got up and walked slowly to the door. He peeped out and saw at least 30 zombies out there. He jerked back and closed the door slowly, afraid of making any noise. He swallowed, then pushed open the window and looked down. It was a 10 foot drop. He might have been able to manage that when he was well. But it was a slight might then. But now, in his condition, he could barely watch down. But looking around he knew he had no other choice. He walked over to the zombie he had just killed and whispered,
    "Sorry,bro."Then, he dropped him from the window. He picked up Adriana and with her in his arms, he jumped out the window. Pain shot up his legs as he landed and fell, but he knew it could have been much worse. The truck was only a few meters away. He bit down the pain and limped to the truck. He placed Adriana in the passenger seat delicately. He went to the tray and retrieved his weapons. As he picked up the crossbow,he was aware of something. Then he realized what it was. He turned around and saw what can only be described as a herd of zombies 100 feet away. They hadn't noticed him yet, and he intended to keep it that way.
    "No, no,no,NO!"he muttered loudly. He made his way quickly into the truck and thankfully, the keys were in its ignition. He mashed the gas pedal and the car screeched away. He looked in the rearview mirror and saw something he would never forget-hundreds of zombies turning in perfect unison to watch him. And that's when they started to run.
    Awesumitude
    Awesumitude

Male

Post by Awesumitude 3/29/2012, 12:05 am

CHAPTER 4

Darryl only had 1/4 tank of fuel left in the truck. He would not be able to outrun them. Clearly, there was nowhere to hide. He would not be able to make it out alive. That's when he started to think. There was no way he would get out of this world alive. The zombies had taken over...forever. He had nothing to live for anymore. The one spark of hope that he had was Adriana. Now that she was gone, he had no place in this world anymore. He was s fair distance away from the zombies, but he couldn't keep this up. He saw a hill up ahead. That would be as good a place as any for a last stand.For some reason, he wasn't scared, in fact, he didn't feel anything. Only a grim feeling of acceptance as he realized that soon, he wouldn't have to live like this anymore. Soon, it would be over. He checked his rearview mirror and saw a figure in the backseat.
    "Hey Darryl,"the person said.
    "Isabelle?How did you get in here?"Darryl asked.
    "Never mind that. Listen, this is a bad idea. There are greater things meant for you. You don't have to let them win. Adriana was the spark of hope for you. But you are the spark of hope for the rest of humanity. There are other people out there...that only you can help,"she replied.
    "What?Why me?Anyway, it doesn't matter. This world isn't meant for our kind anymore. But I'm gonna try and take as much of them with me as I can,"Darryl said, grim determination in his eyes, his jaw set.
    "Listen to me!You can't do this,"she said pleadingly,"The world-"
    "The world is gone.There is nothing I can do. I don't know why you're here, or so desperate for me to-"
    "Because you're worth it. You're the last person who can save them...save us,"she said softly. And at that point,he reached the peak of the hill. Then, he took a sidelong glance at Adriana. He turned around and saw the zombies at the bottom of the hill.
    "I'm sorry,Isabelle. But I can't do this,"he told her. But she said nothing. He turned around and saw that she was gone.
    "Figures,"he muttered. He spun the car around and faced the mass of zombies. He loaded and arrow into his crossbow and strapped the machete to his belt. He watched Adriana one last time and stroked her hair, at least what remained of it.
    "Sorry you couldn't get a proper burial,"he whispered. He looked around the car and saw a blanket. He took it and placed it over Adriana's body. As he placed it, he felt something hard on her back. He took it and saw that it was her shotgun. He grinned.
    "Even when you're gone, you give me what I need to live,"he said quietly. He thought about Adriana,her smile, the way her eyes glinted when she laughed, and with those thoughts, he stared into the eyes of the closest zombie and laughed. A laugh of freedom and peace and defiance. Darryl mashed the gas pedal, into the onslaught of zombies, Adriana by his side, and he knew that he wouldn't have wanted his death any other way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/19/2024, 1:13 am