A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+11
Brastus
Josh
HaleyTheRandom
Alpha Wolf
mabel pines
Morgan Landry
calvin
Trevor
GwrachSeren
Jordan
Kendall
15 posters

Suggestions

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Suggestions Empty Suggestions

Post by Kendall 4/9/2012, 3:33 pm

Instead of making 3204859604 topics to suggest one idea each and discuss it, this one is for all of the suggestions, to basically list them; any ideas that are given admin approval and seem to be popular will have a little discussion topic/poll made for it later on. I and the other admins may or may not comment on some of them in this topic.... I'll try discussing the ideas with the other admins every Saturday or so.

But there are some rules:

1) Before posting in this topic, READ it. You may be suggesting an idea that somebody else has already suggested. If you see that your idea has already been suggested, don't post your idea or simply a quote of the other person's idea. That's just not cool. If the idea is given its own discussion topic, you can suggest things to add on to it to make it better.
    2) Don't post your idea more than ONCE in this topic. I will delete any extra posts of yours. I'll make sure the admins discuss your ideas, even the ones one of us have already commented on.
    3) No cussing. Don't be rude to other people, don't call their ideas stupid. All ideas sound intelligent here until the admins pick it apart like vultures. Sorry.
    4) We're trying to stick to the books on this site. Don't suggest ideas like "Let's make a new CTF team called the _________" or "Let's have a contest for a Hawaiian demigod!" or something. Try to stick to the books with your ideas, too, unless it's a site-wide idea (relating to the site rules).
    5) Sort of an add-on to rule 4, but please don't mix video games or other book series or whatever in with your ideas. This is PJO, not Assassin's Creed or Harry Potter. That means no Quidditch (sadly), no going back in time, etc.

But otherwise, have fun. Don't try hurting yourselves suggesting four things a minute. More rules may be added on.

Last edited by Kendall on 4/10/2012, 4:34 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5142
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions

Post by Jordan 11/19/2012, 4:23 pm

Florence Welch wrote:I think we should start a Face Claim list. It would cause a little bit of chaos, since there are a lot of repeated FCs, but it would make the site more organized.

The users would be able to choose only one FC to every character. If an user wants a FC that has already been claimed, he must PM the user with the FC and ask him if he would mind sharing.

I don't really like the idea of a face claim.

I wouldn't want to hear a person whine about a celebrity that's not available for their character.
    Not to mention, the idea of someone "owning" a celebrity as their character's face, bugs me, you can't own a celebrity.
    Plus with almost 6,000 members we are bound to have some overlap.

Phantom Reaver wrote:I would like to suggest we change the sites prices and gains back to the way they where before, 1 drachma per post is sort of irritating now, the sites prices should change back too.

Site prices are fine. True they can seem annoyingly high, it's for the best if they stay as is.

break994 wrote:Quests are rarer so what about th rextras are the same as quests or 750

Not entirely sure what your asking... But personally I'd like to have members paying more for quests, there is a plethora of members waiting for quests.

-Chris- wrote:It would be REALLY cool if you could advertise topics. Like if someone was a really good artist, but no one knew him/her and didn't ask for pictures, he/she could advertise on the site, showing his/her works.

That kind of already happens. When someone draws a picture for someone, the picture is usually put in the receiver's signature.

Chronic wrote:If the suggestion topic became a sub forum rather than just a topic so that things wouldn't get all cluttered and missed. Each person could make an individual topic for their suggestion and then people can comment on them with thoughts/whether they agree or disagree/etc.

I do kind of like that idea. Unfortunately some suggestions get missed, it might be easier for admins to respond to suggestions if it became an actual sub forum.

I'll definitely take this into consideration.

Chronic wrote:Double posting for another suggestion.

Anyway, since there seems to be a lack of roman characters, make a strictly roman rp event? Open an area of the forum in the CJ subsection for the event. Make the event like a "whichever team rps the most wins" type thing. Threads will have to be a certain amount of words long, and whichever cohort team has the most of these threads(threads that match the word minimum) will get a point. Whichever cohort at the end of the term gets a prize, like an official graphic saying something like "Top Romans" or whatever that can go on people's character pages, if they should decide to put them there. Just something small and fun? Details can be altered and added should this push through. I've seen it done before--although usually on sites where people have one account per character--but it can still work with effort. And it would encourage people with Romans to post/make people want to create romans to be involved, hopefully.

Currently we have 71 Roman characters. (Give or take a few for cannons)

I don't find it that big of a deal if there aren't a lot of Roman characters, personally, I find 71 to be a pretty decent amount.

Frizzlepuss wrote:I just wanna have a drawing contest.

If you want one, make one. I don't think the site will sponsor it, it wouldn't be fair to some members who don't have the same tools and talents as others. I'd be in full support of one, but I wouldn't reward the winner or anything. Maybe the member who sponsors it could do a drawing for the winner or something.

Chronic wrote:It'd be pretty cool if admins replied to threads and acted like they knew this thread was in existance. Ideas don't have to be pushed through but feedback is nice. ;/

You'd be surprised on how many of the ideas from here make it to the Admin Discussion topic. We do talk about them (not so much now, since Dan is MIA) but I personally like the idea of making "Suggestions" into a sub-forum, it could make things a lot easier for admins to respond.

Finch. I'm really impressed with you. You've really been pushing for suggestions, or ideas that can make the site better or more fun. I really like your pro-active approach.
    Nice work, keep it up.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female
    Number of posts : 5256
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

Post by GwrachSeren 3/27/2013, 3:03 am

I'm going to jump in here and say that a confessions page has the potential to cause so much damage and controversy. They had one of sorts on the other CHB and it caused so many arguments. A lot of these "confessions" could hurt someone. Imagine if someone said something like "I don't want to roleplay with this stupid idiot because his character *insertnamehere* sucks." It'd hurt someone pretty bad.

I know the type of page. My college and area have some. They're called Spotted pages. People mail in and then the admin of the page would put it up. Some Spotted pages have walls of shame where people who didn't quite understand the concept posted something and they thought it would be anonymous but instead, they looked stupid. The ones for college have mostly been taken down as it is a breach of the contract we sign in order to attend classes on campus.

You hope people will be responsible and nice about it but let me just remind you, there are lots of people who won't be.
    Trevor
    Trevor
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3286
    Registration date : 2011-09-09

Post by Trevor 2/3/2015, 5:36 pm

heyo!
    So, what if we had a thing where people could character development. Like posting by yourself to create more background for your character or if you wanted to do some posting on your own with out anyone else. And then since you're not posting back and forth we could reward drachmas for word count but you have to have at least a certain amount of words before you get the reward, say 200 words.

Just an ideaa ^.^
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2014-03-11

Post by calvin 2/3/2015, 5:52 pm

Idea: Norse demigod weapons should be made from Uru as opposed to Celestial Bronze or Imperial Gold, since they aren't Greek or Roman.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 2/3/2015, 5:54 pm

We agreed ages ago on Bifröst blades.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 2/3/2015, 5:55 pm

Maaaan oh well I tried
    Trevor
    Trevor
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3286
    Registration date : 2011-09-09

Post by Trevor 2/3/2015, 6:02 pm

So no comment on my idea? xD
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/3/2015, 6:13 pm

No.

Just kidding.

That's kind of solo-RPing though isn't it? I've done that a couple of times here (in French haha) but yeah just go ahead and do it xD as for the drachma reward I really don't know :/
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

Post by mabel pines 2/3/2015, 8:12 pm

yeah, if we were to do the drachma reward, morgan and i would have to put your post in a word counter and decide how many drachmas to give you and then enter those into your account via the admin panel, so honestly, i'm going to have to say no to the rewards - i know i'm at least horribly busy with school and all, and morgan's definitely got a lot on her plate, too. i think it'd just be too much work
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

Post by Alpha Wolf 2/20/2015, 11:19 pm

So I know it was resolved but I feel like I should mention this about the Uru metal for Norse weapons

Uru is made for weapons like Thor's hammer and Odin's Spear and more noteably the Destroyer Armor. These are indestructible weapons of immense power that no demigod should possess(unless Mijolnir clause is used but you know)

Anyway yeah CB and IP weapons are at least capable of being broken making them more...mortal I should say. Uru is basically the OP god metal.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 5/9/2015, 10:50 pm

Suggestion:

There should really be a Hall of Fame for the members who've been here for a while that have either left or stayed on-site for years that everyone really respects or likes (i.e. Amy, Tom, Kenny)

It could kinda be a voting thing where you have to nominate who you want to be inducted based on everyone's likeness and how they've contributed and their years on the site
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2015, 4:33 am

I think it's a good idea. Catherine suggested it to me on Skype already; I'm waiting to see what Lila and Josh say.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 929
    Registration date : 2015-01-14

Post by HaleyTheRandom 5/11/2015, 10:05 am

So, tbh, I was just goofing of in the Cbox a few minutes ago and I think that all of the art contests are amazing (okay, and the writing contests) But due to the Avengers art contest, I think we should do one for Marvel Villains as well. I mean, we wouldn't have to have the hero's if there weren't any Villains, right?

Allow me to clarify. The villains wouldn't be all of Marvel, it would be the modern day, well known Villains in attempt to cut down on the ones that no one has never heard of. We could make a topic and perhaps people could list suggestable Villains there? Idk xD

Last edited by Ƨlue on 5/11/2015, 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because, Darling, stupidity got the best of me.)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/11/2015, 11:08 am

If you want to do Marvel villains you can, the art contest specifies you can draw any Marvel character you want.

So basically you want an art contest only for villains, from any fandom?
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 5/11/2015, 11:14 am

*facedesks* Okay, honest to gods, did not see that. When I read it I was half asleep xD

Basically, yes, but only the more common and well known ones to prevent confusion.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/11/2015, 11:19 am

If we're going to do a villains art contest then I think we shouldn't narrow it down to the well-known ones. People might have inspiration to draw a not-so-famous villain, not to mention it's always nice to learn about new stuff right? Also stop hating on the small villains, we all do what we can, not everyone can be as swaggy as Lord Voldemort or hot like Sauron #villainsnobodyknows4worlddomination2k15
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 5/11/2015, 11:22 am

Correct, but I just was throwing that in there because Josh said it might cause confusion? Idk, I just thought it was a pretty cool idea. Tbh Not so well knwn villians are amazing, like... fracking.. they'll take over the world one day.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male
    Number of posts : 3580
    Registration date : 2012-08-07

Post by Josh 5/14/2015, 12:08 pm

Hm? I may say we'd get random ones no ones ever heard of, I never meant that that would be a bad thing. Im all for them.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 5/26/2015, 11:27 pm

I didn't mean that you meant it in a bad way Josh, I mean, I wasn't trying to bad mouth you or anything, I was just simply saying hat you had told me was all.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 5/27/2015, 5:23 am

Ahaha I never said you were bad mouthing me, it's fine
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male
    Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2014-01-31

Post by Brastus 5/31/2015, 11:50 pm

I propose that the site begins discussions on two systems:

a combat-only HP System where the characters that fight have to deplete each other's health until one reaches 0. This way fights actually make sense and some semblance of checking is established.

and

a combat-only Stat-System that describes an individual character's:

Strength
    Intelligence
    Speed
    Flexibility
    Endurance
    Magical Power

An Example of a fight between Stats:

This of course would bring up another factor, a possible level-up system. Each time you level up you add + 10 stats to one of the stats your character has.

Also, a benefit of a level system include that it would be easier to determine who are better candidates at being cabin leaders or roman officers.
    This is however all an idea!
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 6/1/2015, 3:33 am

It simply wouldn't work well at all.

How do you determine what stats to give current characters? How do you determine when you've levelled up? How do you determine which stats to level up? Etc. It just wouldn't work well, so I'm just going to go and say no to that.

As for the Hp based system, again, it won't work. People will vary how much Hp they lose and such, there'll be arguments like that should have taken more Hp, and it doesn't need to be more closer monitored anyway, things are currently alright, people may rp as they want to, so again, it's a no from me.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 6/1/2015, 4:39 am

Brastus wrote:

This of course would bring up another factor, a possible level-up system. Each time you level up you add + 10 stats to one of the stats your character has.

Also, a benefit of a level system include that it would be easier to determine who are better candidates at being cabin leaders or roman officers.
    This is however all an idea!

I see a dichotomy between what an RP site should focus on and fighting stats/positions.

As roleplaying writers any type of levelling up done out of character should not be based on what your character does, but how well you write it. Like our powers improvement section. A few well written posts will get you a lot farther than a hundred low quality posts. Someone who already has a well established well powered character and is already a proficient writer will not advance I. Powers as easily as a less skilled player who makes leaps and bounds improving on their writing and is given more trust with powers. These are the things we should, and do, focus on.

With that said you can have the best writer in the universe and have a character wholly inappropriate for an officer's position. Or a character who is not a great fighter who is best suited for the cabin leader position.

Fighting is not what the website is about. Writing and having fun is. The best way to make a good fight scene with the way our system is set up is to communicate well with your writing partner.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male
    Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2014-01-31

Post by Brastus 6/4/2015, 9:05 pm

How about creating that College that both Percy and Annabeth are allowed to attend to in New Rome? It could be a place where older roman demigods could hang out ( kinda like real college)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 5:03 am