A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Afternoon at the Lake (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Afternoon at the Lake (private) Empty Afternoon at the Lake (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 4/17/2013, 2:47 pm

- Flashback RP -

It was an early summer afternoon, and Jana Kay just came back from a pegasi-riding lesson. She was happy, for she had been able to ride one of her favorite pegasi: a chestnut stallion with white mane and tail called Stan. It was a fine pegasus, and easy to ride.
    Now, though, she had exchanged her riding clothes (white jeans with her orange Camp-Shirt, and riding boots) for a light, green summer dress and ochre thongs. Her Camp Necklace, which had already one pearl, glistened in the sun rays.
    Her long, thin blonde hair was falling freely down her back, and her green eyes gleamed with good mood.
    She was heading for the Lake; under her dress, she was wearing her blue and white bikini, and she'd die for a swim in the fresh water.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female
    Number of posts : 583
    Registration date : 2013-03-19

Afternoon at the Lake (private) Empty Re: Afternoon at the Lake (private)

Post by OhMySparkles 4/17/2013, 4:47 pm

Lucy lay in the green grass by the lake with not a care in the world. The lake was one of her favorite places at camp, and the most peaceful. She came here if she needed to calm down, when she was bored, whenever. Her brown eyes twinkled with laughter as she watched two girls shove each other playfully in the distance. Twisting her brown hair into a messy braid, the pink standing out like a highlighter, she pushed herself up and went to stand ankle deep in the cool water. Wishing she'd worn shorts or even her bathing suit, she bent down to roll up her capris. As she was coming back up, she saw a girl about her age making her way towards the water.

Without any direct reference to the girl, she shouted, "Hi!" Lucy longed for an actual conversation. Since she'd gotten here (not long ago), she tried to talk to many people, but they all seemed to be in their own little cliques. That never put a damper on her spirits, but it would be nice to talk to someone...

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/18/2013, 4:47 am

Jana Kay was jumping from rock to rock when she heard somebody call "Hi!"
    She turned around, a great smile on her pale rosy lips. Some meters away, there stood a girl of about her age - twelve, thirteen perhaps. She was wearing a pair of Capri trousers, and her brown had interesting pink highlights.

"Hey!" Jana replies with a broad smile.

She jumped down her rock and walked over to the girl, her green eyes sparkling.

"My name is Jana Kay," she told her and made a funny bow, laughing as she did so. "And how are you called?"
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 4/18/2013, 12:37 pm

Lucy smiled broadly, seeing the girl walking over instead of ignoring her. She introduced herself as Jana Kay, and did a funny little gesture. In between laughs, Lucy says, "Hi...again! I'm Lucy!" Curtsying as she said this, only with a make-believe dress in place for her capris and yellow tank top.

Being the random girl that she was, she also responded with, "I like your dress! It's so pretty..." Just like everything else about you... she wanted to say. Those green eyes and blonde hair were everything she wished for. Instead she had to settle for normal brown eyes and brown hair. Well, except for the pink, but that wasn't natural like Jana Kay's.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/19/2013, 12:31 pm

"Thank you!" Jana Kay smiled. "Your trousers are cute too!"

She beamed at her, before squinting a little.

"You have pink highlights in your hair. Are they natural?" she asked, but thought too late it might be impolite.

Yeah.
    On the other hand, she had ADHD. It was kinda excusable.
    She just hoped Lucy wouldn't take it seriously. Wait...Seriously? Could a daughter of Laughter take something seriously?
    Let's say 'personally'.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 4/19/2013, 1:08 pm

Lucy hadn't even noticed she was biting her lip until she heard the compliment and started grinning. "Thanks! And no, it's not natural. It was kinda a...birthday present, I guess." She hadn't even noticed if the comment wasn't polite. Lucy was a curious girl herself, so she didn't mind people asking her questions.

She also hadn't thought about the comment because she was caught up, thinking back to the day she and her old boyfriend had snuck out of the orphanage and gone to get her hair dyed. He knew how much she didn't like her plain brown hair, so he brought her to get the highlights. At the time he said it was a "thank you" present, for making the orphanage cheerful, but she also thought of it as a birthday present because it had been a week away from her birthday. And if anyone asked her about it, like now, it was much simpler just to say it was for her birthday.

Lucy shook her head a little, to try and get the thought out of her head. If she stayed in the past, her life would be miserable.

Blinking, she focused again on Jana Kay and asked, "So, who's your parent?" Looking her curiously up and down, she would guess something having to do with nature. Jana Kay looked peaceful, not like an angry Ares kid, or tough and with callousy hands like a Hephaestus kid. She meant that with no offense, of course.

Ooc: *Breathes* Wow that was a mouthful..
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/20/2013, 6:12 am

Jana Kay nodded, her thin blonde hair dancing a little around her face as she did so, tickling her neck.

"Birthday present? Sweet," she genuinely smiled.

She had no idea from whom it could be....Who could give her hair pink highlights? Her god parent?
    Could it be Iris? She had powers over colors... Or Eos. But Eos was a Titan, wasn't she?
    Okay, now wasn't the moment for those reflections.
    Anyway.

"It suits you very well, if I may say so," she added with a wink.

Then, Lucy asked about her god parent. She twirled around, making her green dress fly, and a playful grin spread on her face.

"Guess!" she laughed.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 4/20/2013, 1:37 pm

Hearing Jana Kay say sweet, she nodded in agreement. Yeah, it was sweet. Lucy realized Jana Kay probably meant sweet, as in cool, but she thought of it both ways.

Catching her wink, she giggled just a bit. It was the little things that made her laugh.

Lucy smiled a sneaky little smile, and put her hand to her chin, as if deep in thought, when Jana Kay told her to guess who her god parent was. Looking up at the sky in mock frustration, she mumbled to herself, "Thanthos..no. Hermes..." At Hermes, she peered at Jana Kay. "Nah. You don't look very Aphrodite-y either..." Suddenly, she snapped her finger. Or at least tried to. She wasn't the best at snapping. "Aha! Ares! Wait, no that's not right. Ok, I'm gonna get it this time!"

Closing her eyes, Lucy put her index fingers to her temples, pretending to concentrate. "Demeter!" She opened her eyes, smiling widely, looking at Jana Kay's dress, her free hair, and her green eyes, knowing that her last guess was right. Only, right at the last second she noticed what she was doing, and quickly looked away before anything could happen.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/20/2013, 3:20 pm

"Congrats, miss!" Jana Kay said and courtsied again, laughing.

Through her feet, she could feel the earth underneath her. It was a bit sandy, but it was alright. She could feel the life that wanted to break free. She concentrated on this and ordered the earth underneath her feet to form a grain, a bulb. From that, she concentrated again and ordered it to germinate and to slide its way out.
    In some seconds, a unique rose blossom broke out of the earth and opened into a lovely corolla of silky, pale rosy petals, the exact shade the highlights Lucy had in her hair.
    Jana Kay broke the blossom and handed it to Lucy.

"My turn...," she said. "You're laughing alot, yet you don't seem mischievous like the Hermes kids, and you don't have upturned brows. You are too casual to be a daughter of Ares and you don't dress in the absolute latest fashion, so no Aphrodite either. Yet you like colors... Iris?" she asked, unsure.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 4/20/2013, 3:38 pm

Lucy felt absolute happiness, when Jana Kay laughed at her little...performance, you could say. She loved hearing others laugh. Yes, that may sound creepy, she loved to hear you laugh, but it's not, considering her parent. Even before she figured out about all this Greek gods thing, she always wanted to make everyone around her smile.

She watched in amazement as Jana Kay made a rose blossom appear out of the earth. Clapping, she took the flower being handed to her, and exclaimed, "It's the same color as my hair!" Tucking the blossom into her hair, she teetered on her feet, listening to Jana Kay guessing who her parent was.
    "I wish.." She said about the Iris comment, then immediately slapped her hand to her mouth, looking up at the sky. She heard what could happen if you angered the gods, and she was taking no chances. Her mouth, without meaning to, got her into trouble more often than not. "I mean...No, not Iris, although she's great. And I do like colors, thank you for noticing. My parent is actually Gelos, god of laughter." She said all this still smiling, she was used to people not knowing who Gelos was. "And I appreciate not being pegged as a Hermes kid."

Thinking about the flower, Lucy also added, "Except I don't have any fancy-shmancy powers like you..." Well, I do have a power, she thought, It's just really stupid.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/21/2013, 6:55 am

Jana Kay was happy Lucy like the flower. It really suited her well, she thought.
    She froze as Lucy clamped her hands over her mouth, but laughed.

"Don't worry. I don't think your god parent's gonna be mad at you for that," she said in a calming yet cheerful tone.

Then she learned about Gelos.

"OH BY THE GODS!" she exclaimed and hugged her. "A daughter of Gelos! I adore this god! I can't believe I'm actually meeting a daughter of him!"

She hugged her again, then let her go, a great smile playing on her lips.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 4/21/2013, 1:32 pm

Lucy felt a sudden burst of panic when Jana Kay shouted Oh By The Gods!, but then her panicky feeling turned to surprise.

Hugging Jana Kay back, she let go, her mouth hanging open slightly. "You know who Gelos is?" Her shock became happiness all at once. She smiled broadly, for about the hundredth time today, and started bouncing a bit. Jana Kay made her sound famous, but since she'd been here, whenever she mentioned Gelos, people would just stare at her with a weird and questioning expression on their faces.

When Jana Kay hugged her for the second time, she hugged back with more effort and excitement. This girl is awesome! She thought. Of course she would know who Gelos was.

Or maybe she'd just been here a while and actually studied the Greek Myths... "So, how long have you been here?" She spread her arms and waved them around, gesturing to the whole camp.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/22/2013, 3:49 pm

"Of course I know who Gelos is! I mean - he's one of the best-mooded gods ever!" she exclaims. "I haven't seen him in real but once or twice, but I'm watching his weekly one-man-show on Hephaestus-TV! I'm dying out of laughter each time - okay, it's not that surprising, since he's the god of laughter, but well!"

Her green eyes glistened with laughter as she recalled the various shows of Gelos: they were so hilarious! It was a real mood lifter.
    Then Lucy asked her how long she had been at Camp.

"One summer!" she proudly said. "And you?"
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 4/22/2013, 7:46 pm

"My dad has a show? Geez, parents! They don't tell you anything!" She giggled. Well, they are gods... "I'm gonna have to find that show!" She said, excited to be doing something at least sort of modern. I guess watching tv where gods are the stars are as modern and non Greek as you can get in this place. "I think some people in this camp need a good laugh once in a while. We're gonna have to get them to watch, too." She made a face, recalling all the sad, boring kids at this camp.

"One summer! Only? You seem like a pro! Well, at least to me. I've been here for....not long." Lucy remarked about Jana Kay's reply to her question, not quite remembering the exact time she got to camp.
    "Less than you. I came like half way through, towards the end of summer, near my birthday."

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/23/2013, 7:21 am

"Oh, you have to watch his show! It's just.... hilarious!!" Jana Kay laughed. "I often watch it, in my cabin, with several friends and siblings. You could come round once!"

She smiled at Lucy.

"You'd always be welcome!" she added. "And yeah, they need a good laugh. You know, this war against the Titans is really putting everybody down," she sighed.

OOC: Since it's when they're twelve, the Titan war isn't over yet. It should end at this summer.

BIC:
    "A pro? Naaah. Well, it depends. I'm quite handy with my sword. And with bow and arrows too. I'm quite good at pegasi riding, but that's all."

She giggled.

"I'm so bad at wrestling, you'd die out of laughter if you saw me! And I'm not even talking about canoeing!"

Jana Kay remembered some funny scenes.

"Ah, I recall, last summer we had canoeing with the Hermes cabin. And I was in a boat with Jennie, a girl from my cabin, and we were both lost! We didn't really know how to maneuvre the boat, so we ended up paddling in opposite direction." She burst out laughing at the recall of that. "We were wondering why we didn't get forward! Then the Stoll brothers came and rammed into our boat."
    She laughed again. "In the end, we had a naval battle: first Demeter cabin against Hermes cabin but then it was everybody against everybody. It's not surprising that Jennie's and my boat was among the first ones who have been overturned," she finished, giggling.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 4/23/2013, 7:49 pm

Ooc: Riiight, Ok!

"Why, that is a very generous offer that I will have to take up sometime!" Lucy said, looking forward to one day going to see her father's show and just hanging out.

Hearing about the Titan War was always tough, but as usual she tried to put a happy spin on it. It was like a promise to herself to make everything as happy as can be. "But it'll be over soon!" Hopefully... she thought, yet couldn't make herself say out loud.

Listening to Jana Kay's story, she laughed at all the right parts. It wasn't a fake laugh, but a real, make your stomach hurt, kinda laugh.

"That must've been a fun day. And I bet you aren't that bad at canoeing, maybe just got a little...confused." She laughed, because she was just picturing Jana Kay and the other girl, Jennie, going backwards and every which way. "I've never tried canoeing. Or wrestling. Well, unless you call randomly tackling someone wrestling." She thought back to all those little matches her and her old friends used to have. "Hey! I love archery too! I have a sword, I'm just not good with it."

Being ankle deep in the water, she felt the coolness of the water around her. Lucy wanted to just jump right in, especially after just hearing about the canoes. Inching forward, she said, "Do you wanna go deeper?" She smiled.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/24/2013, 9:54 am

Jana Kay smiled. "You got a sword? Ohhhh show me!" she said with a cute grin.

She had a sword too, but it was disguised as a cell phone. A Nokia, to be more precise, and it had the particularity to switch appearance so it always looked like the second latest model released. The phone case switched too. Right now, it was green, red and yellow with stylized motives of spring leaves and flowers. The young girl had it in her dress pocket.

Then Lucy stepped inside the water.

"By Poseidon, yes!" she said and took her dress off. Underneath, she was wearing her dark green bikini. She kicked her shoes off and jumped into the water making sure there would be some reaching Lucy. She got back to the surface, her hair looking sand brown because of their being wet. Her green eyes were glistening even more.

"C'mon!" she said, and splashed water at her.

The Lake was soothingly refreshing. The cool water wrapped itself around her body like a cloak and it felt so good to be there, with the warm sun and the cold water!
    Formerly, she had been afraid of water. There had been that little fight between Demeter and Poseidon, and when she had been a child, the water had always scared her. Now, though, she had managed to get over her phobia, and loved bathing in seas, lakes and rivers.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 4/25/2013, 10:37 pm

"I wish I could, but I don't bring my sword with me much. I prefer my bow and arrow." She said, pointing to a rock not far away that held her old, worn in bow and arrow. "I've had it for a while."

Jana Kay took her dress off, and she saw her green bikini that was under. "Oh, pretty!" Now she really wished she thought to bring a bathing suit, but she didn't care if she got her clothes wet. A tank top and trousers weren't the most valuable clothing items.

Getting splashed, Lucy squealed a little, then splashed back. Ducking underwater, she closed her eyes and felt the cold water against her skin and strands of her hair flowing freely around her face. She loved the water, it was so calm and peaceful and happy. Well, most of the time.

Opening her eyes a peep to look underwater around her, she saw Jana Kay also underwater and waved to her, mouthing the word Hi!

Ooc: Ahh! Haven't been on for 2-3 days, so busy!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/26/2013, 9:22 am

Jana laughed and waved back.

"Yo!" she said with a funny underwater voice.

Then she had to get back up to breathe again. The clear water was as limpid as glass. Jana Kay fell back in the little waves and resumed swimming, sneaking behind Lucy.

OOC: Sorry, short post :( I do better next time!
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 4/26/2013, 6:06 pm

Ooc: S'ok, i've seen waay shorter.

Bic: Lucy wanted to laugh underwater at the weird sounding voice of Jana Kay, but she'd done that before, and it wasn't pretty. So she settled on coming up for air, then laughing.

"Have you ever wondered why people have such funny underwater voices?" She said to the clear, blue sky going on for what seemed like miles. Wait a second, there was supposed to be a person there.

"Where'd you go?" She asked. "You better not be hiding from me!" Lucy said playfully. Seeking Jana Kay, she cast her gaze towards an object that was at the bottom of the lake, not far away from her. Diving down, she came up a few seconds later with a glistening sand dollar.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/27/2013, 6:02 am

Jana Kay sneaked behind Lucy, but then the young girl dove and swam away. Jana swam behind her, keeping some distance. She couldn't see what she took on the ground because she couldn't see that well underwater, but as soon Lucy came back to the surface, she dove and grabbed her feet, then playfully pulled them up, making sure she wasn't hurting her, so Lucy would splash into the water.

Then Jana Kay let go of them and laughed.

"Sorry, but this was so tempting!" she chuckled. "And you really looked like you needed a good bath!"
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 4/27/2013, 8:28 pm

Ooc: sorry this might be a short post, im on a mobile version

Bic: As Lucy came back onto the surface, she felt a tug at her feet. Looking behind her quickly, she saw Jana Kay, but in that instant she splashed down underwater. She smiled and mentally laugjed underwater, then pulled Janas feet the same way she pulled hers.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/28/2013, 6:58 am

OOC: No problem!

BIC: Jana felt Lucy grab her feet and splashed into the water too. It produced waves around them, and one of the daughters of Aphrodite that were sunbathing near the Lake while admiring their reflection in the water cried out because some droplets had come on her face, ruining her make-up.

Yet Jana didn't really pay attention to this, because she was too busy laughing once she came back to the surface. She fell into Lucy's arms, soaked wet, and the two of them laughed.

Finally, she extended her arms and fell backwards into the water, and started floating on it, closing her eyes to enjoy the warm sun. Then, quick as snake, she started tickling Lucy.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 4/29/2013, 6:35 pm

Lucy was laughing as she heard someone cry out. Whipping her head around, she saw an Aphrodite kid who got splashed. She immediately resumed laughing, not caring about the girl. Lucy wasn't trying to be mean. She just didn't particularly like Aphrodite kids, from the ones she'd met, it seemed like the only thing they laughed and talked about were who dumped who and what was the latest makeup.

Looking back at Jana Kay, she grinned, seeing her serenely floating on the water. She was about to the same, when suddenly Lucy felt a pair of hands tickling her sides.

"Noo!" She squealed. "Stop, stop!" She gasped, in between fits of laughter, even though she didn't want it to end. Being a daughter of the god of laughter, she loved the sensation of being tickled and laughing your head off, especially when it came as a surprise.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2013, 3:46 am

Jana Kay laughed, yet kept on. Suddenly, she dove and grabbed her feet, tickling them.
    She rose again, gasping for air. They were both laughing like crazy and Jana enjoyed the moment of pure laughter and fun. Her wet hair was now sand brown and stuck to her face in fine little streaks. Her teeth gleamed in the sun as her lips were parted in a great laugh.
    But she knew Lucy would take revenge.

OOC: I'm SO sorry I haven't posted for so long!! I had a lot of work to do :( And still have.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/19/2024, 7:31 am