A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

I don't really swim.

I don't really swim. Empty I don't really swim.

Post by Guest 5/18/2013, 10:36 pm

I don't really swim. 14talo0 I don't really swim. 9a0l91 I don't really swim. 2yv055u
    Rowan Chopiak walked around the grassy area of the lake. She never understood why people like the lake. It was so deep. But the beach was deeper. The lake wasn't actually that bad, Rowie just had a bad thing with deep water.

When she was little, her foster dad used to take her to work with him. Oliver was a fisherman so they would go out to the docks.Her brother went with them that one time. He thought it would be funny if Rowie could learn to swim right then and there. So, oblivously, he pushed the small girl into the cold Maine water. She couldn't call for help for she was mute. It took the fisherman five minutes to realise she was in there.

Now the sight of water makes the daughter of the god of silence shudder. She has tried to get into water again, but sometimes she would spaz out and admediently run out of the water. Rowan sighed, taking a seat underneath a tree.

J.D.
    J.D.

Female
    Number of posts : 344
    Registration date : 2012-07-14

I don't really swim. Empty Re: I don't really swim.

Post by J.D. 5/18/2013, 10:45 pm

I made my way to the lake on my walk. I breathed in the fresh air. It reminded me of the trips to the lake with my foster family. All 8 of us piled into the van and spent a weekend there every year. I miss them all like crazy. I kept walking and noticed a girl maybe about my age sitting under a tree. I approached her slowly trying not to startle her. "...Hi."

Post by Guest 5/18/2013, 10:53 pm

I don't really swim. 14talo0 I don't really swim. 9a0l91 I don't really swim. 2yv055u
    Rowan looked up to see a boy. She read his lips to find out he said hi. Luckily for Rowan, he spoke slowly. A smile rolled off from her lips as she slowly waved in returned to him. THe daughter of Harpocrates hoped that he would not run off from her. But then again, why would her after a wave? Surely it would take the next set of hand gestures before he runs.

J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 5/18/2013, 11:03 pm

I smiled when she smiled to me. I waved and sat down next to her. She had such a lovely smile, kind of reminded me of my foster sister's, the way it brought out. I outreached my hand for a shake, "Charlie, son of Epione. And you?"

Post by Guest 5/18/2013, 11:14 pm

Rowan shook his hand gently but then soon released it. Her smile faded just a little, Rowan had no way to respond. She was at the lake, and her notepad didn't really have any place in her Aztec stlye bikini. She did locate a discarded pen near the tree. She wrote on her he hand, I'm Rowan, daughter of Harpocrates.

J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 5/18/2013, 11:22 pm

I looked to her hand then up to her face slowly. I smiled and nodded. I took the pen from her delicate hand. I wrote on my hand, Nice to meet you, Rowan. I screwed up the e's a little bit and laughed in spite of myself. I looked to her for approval.

Post by Guest 5/18/2013, 11:26 pm

Rowan made a noise that might've sounded like a laugh. She signed, You, don't have to write, I can read lips. He might've not been able to read ASL, but she ran out of room on her hand, and she is just a lefty, she cannot write with her right hand.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 5/18/2013, 11:32 pm

He laughed along with her and nodded. "Okay." He said squarley to her face. Then he signed, Or would this be better? He is suddenly thankful for Ana being in his foster family for so long. Being deaf herself, she taught a lot of ASL to all of us there.

Post by Guest 5/18/2013, 11:40 pm

Rowan's face lit up. It had been a while since someone could easily sign back to her. Lucy could sign, bu she only knew fragments of ASL. She smiled and put the pen down gently. She lifter her hands up and signed quickly, That woud be better. Rowie hated writing everything down for people. SHe preffered doing things orally, or well, unorrally or like sign languagely if that made sence.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 5/18/2013, 11:49 pm

Okay, I am good with this. I signed. I had never seen anyone's face light up so much since I arrived. I felt welcomed and maybe I had actually made a friend. I smiled to her once again. Harpocrates, huh, god of silence I signed.

Post by Guest 5/19/2013, 12:35 am

Rowan nodded, That's why I am mute, partiatly. She looked down at her worn down flip-flops and then looked back up to Charlie, I could make you mute too, not forever though, that'd wouldn't be nice.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 5/19/2013, 11:17 am

Yeah, that would not be too nice I signed. It must be so hard, not communicating like that. Well at least some people know ASL. Again, so thankful for Ana right now. I wish I could talk to all of them again. Call, write, something... So where are you from? I signed.

Post by Guest 5/19/2013, 8:23 pm

Rowie sighed. She really hated that question. Even though she only moved twice, it impacted her life greatly. Her mom did give her up, mind you. Her life wasn't that bad, she actually did get a family after all. Some people get nothing and that sucks. Rowan looked down, retieing her bikini. She signed, I'm from Maine.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 5/19/2013, 8:38 pm

Well I was born in New York, I signed. But I got put into a foster family in West Virginia. I looked over at her, and smiled. She looked depressed after I asked her that question. Are you okay?

Post by Guest 5/20/2013, 9:04 pm

Rowan nodded. Oh so you're a foster kid too? She smiled, the blonde liked the idea of meeting other people from foster families. Although at Camp there are a lot of foster kids, but they allways seem to be depressed. Charlie, however didn't seem to be depressed. He seemed, happy. Although, how should she know. For all Rowie knows it that he acts happy, inside he could be mopey.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 5/20/2013, 9:40 pm

Yeah, I spent most of my time in one with abled kids, I signed. That's where I learned ASL. I smiled. Do you want to go dip your feet in the water with me? I asked. The thought of some cooling down would be nice, but I would never imagine going any farther then my ankles.

Post by Guest 5/20/2013, 9:51 pm

Rowie shook her head. Even if it was just ankle deep,Rowan hated the water. She flicked the swoopy part on her curly blonde hair out of her face as she streatched her legs. Maybe she could try to go into the water. No, she couldn't do that.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 5/20/2013, 10:10 pm

I nodded. I guess she didn't like the lake. I looked over the lake, the moon's reflection glowing off the calm water. I looked over to Rowan. I tried to remember back to Ana's teachings. How do you say beautiful? I signed with a questioned look on my face.

Post by Guest 5/20/2013, 10:14 pm

Rowan out the thumb index and middle finger up to her cheek, Like this She signed.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 5/20/2013, 10:18 pm

The lake is so beautiful, I signed using my new word. The moon makes it look safe and kind. I glanced over at Rowan and smiled. The wind blew a bit and I scooted slighlty closer to her.

Post by Guest 5/20/2013, 10:27 pm

Rowie nodded in agreement. She wasn't really a girl of many words, mainly because she doesn't talk. But she doesn't really sign that much, even with people who do sign as well. She likes having other things explain what she would've signed for her.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 5/20/2013, 10:31 pm

We just sit in silence watching the moon. The only noise was Rowan and I breathing and the lapping of the water against a dock. The rare noise of an animal or bug added to the soundtrack. It was nice to just enjoy the night. I occasionly glanced over at Rowan.

Post by Guest 5/20/2013, 10:40 pm

Rowan played with her toes in awkward silence. When she got a little bored of that, Rowan began to fiddle with the loose ends of the strings on her bikini. It didn't really make much sence that she was even wearing a bikini anyways. She didn't like swiming or getting into water so why did she even bother putting one on. Whatever, at least she's dressed for the weather.
    J.D.
    J.D.

Female

Post by J.D. 5/20/2013, 10:43 pm

I looked over a Rowan playing with her toes and her ties. I chuckled a bit. I like you, Rowan. I signed to her and smiled my charismatic smile. She just had something about her that seemed so familiar and that made me like her so much.

Post by Guest 5/20/2013, 10:51 pm

How do you mean? Rowan signed. She was puzzled by the term. He could have either ment 'I like you, we're friends now.' or 'I like you, like like you.' As a little girl, her brother would tease her with the like you and like you like you drama that fourth graders would have. SHe would pretend Kellan didn't say anything. But in real honesty, before and now, Rowie never understood either of the like yous and it made her head hurt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 1:53 am