A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

and if you think you're helping me don't think i'm helping you (aka unexpected friendships formed in the basement)

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

and if you think you're helping me don't think i'm helping you (aka unexpected friendships formed in the basement) Empty and if you think you're helping me don't think i'm helping you (aka unexpected friendships formed in the basement)

Post by mabel pines 4/27/2014, 3:14 pm

VINYL RECORD

there are a lot of wooden crates in the basement, vinyl realizes. it's probably not the best place for a smoke, and for once she actually goes with her gut on that. vinyl doesn't feel like dying a fiery death among the crates of strawberries. she's been counting on the lung cancer to get to her since she picked up her first pack of cigarettes.

it's peaceful, though, and vinyl likes that. it's nearly impossible to find a quiet corner away from the chaos that is camp half blood. not that she minds chaos, per say, but she prefers the more organized chaos that the city provides. she's been at camp for nearly a year and she's still not used to being surrounded by people who will admit to being her age.

she distantly wonders about her apartment and what state it's in. gods, her landlord must have been livid to walk in, demanding rent, only to find her gone. she adds her old apartment complex to her mental list of places to avoid, making a mental not to write it down later.

she still wakes up in a bit of a panic sometimes, is the thing, worried about money and praying that the rats didn't get to her food while she was asleep. it's hard to not pay attention whenever someone mentions the date, heart racing a bit whenever she hears that it's close to when her rent would be due before she remembers she doesn't have to pay rent anymore. vinyl loves having a secure house, but sometimes it doesn't feel like it was meant for her.

TAGS: none ● WORD COUNT: 269

jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

and if you think you're helping me don't think i'm helping you (aka unexpected friendships formed in the basement) Empty Re: and if you think you're helping me don't think i'm helping you (aka unexpected friendships formed in the basement)

Post by jake. 4/29/2014, 11:10 am

and if you think you're helping me don't think i'm helping you (aka unexpected friendships formed in the basement) 6728943
    -----

Crow was in a good mood today, surprisingly. He stumbled into the basement, hoping to find some sort of old helmet or dagger. He saw a girl, around his age. He glanced at her, fiddling slightly with the hilt of his cold Stygian iron blade. He furrowed his eyebrows together. He was wearing his glasses today, his slightly round-ray bans which suited him very well. He also wore his weapon belt, like usually, and his leather jacket. The rest was obvious: Black chained jeans, and some skull rings.

"And what exaxctly are you doing here?" Crow said in a chiron-like voice. He walked up to the girl, but kept a 3 metre distance, just for the sake of safety and comfort.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

and if you think you're helping me don't think i'm helping you (aka unexpected friendships formed in the basement) Empty Re: and if you think you're helping me don't think i'm helping you (aka unexpected friendships formed in the basement)

Post by mabel pines 4/29/2014, 4:55 pm

VINYL RECORD

vinyl's head snaps up at the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs, pulled away from her thoughts. she has a moment of panic, thinking that chiron's coming down, but then she remembers the whole centaur thing and calms down a bit.

except then her brain decides to remind her of mr. d, and, well. she begins to pray to the gods that it is chiron, he's less likely to turn her into a dolphin or something.

it's not dionysus, nor is it chiron; it's a demigod. he looks to be about vinyl's age, maybe a bit younger; she can't really tell. he's obviously a son of a death god; it's always kind of obvious with them. they always seem to go around decked out all black and a ton of skulls. it's somewhat obnoxious. (then again, the majority of vinyl's cabin goes around half asleep most of the time, so. she doesn't have much room to complain.)

she gives him another look over, checking to see if he's a threat. you can never tell with death kids. some of them are angsty and angry and just a pent up ball of rage, but others are all sad and mopey. vinyl's not sure there are any happy children of death gods, to be honest; she's never met one.

"i'm trying to be alone," she says simply, taking the risk. that can't get her into trouble with someone, could it?

but then, before she knows it, vinyl is replying with a snarky, "and what, exactly, are you doing here?" it is very likely that vinyl has a death wish or something of the like, because the mocking way that came could definitely get her into a mess.

TAGS: none ● WORD COUNT: 286

jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/1/2014, 3:31 am

and if you think you're helping me don't think i'm helping you (aka unexpected friendships formed in the basement) 6728943
    -----

Crow fiddles more with the hilt of his Cold Stygian Iron blade and the silver chain on his black skinny jeans. He eyed the girl once more, and smiled. "I'm pretty much looking for some stuff." Crow said, raising his eyebrows a bit. He picked up a few bits and bobs like screws, bolts and other things. He tossed them aside. That would be for the Hephaestus kids. "So," Crow said, "What's you're name?"
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 5/1/2014, 5:11 pm

((hover over second picture for the post, i'm trying out some new coding stuff))
    © html made by albatross, graphic by merlin
    Look who's digging their own grave, That is what they all say, You'll drink yourself to death. look who makes their own bed Lies right down within it, And what will you have left? Out on the front doorstep Drinking from a paper cup. You won't remember this. Living beyond your years, Acting out all their fears You feel it in your chest. Your hands protect the flames From the wild winds around you. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun, It's just begun. Standing on the cliff face Highest fall you'll ever grace, It scares me half to death. Look out to the future But it tells you nothing, So take another breath. Your hands protect the flames From the wild winds around you. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun. And this is how it feels to take a fall. Icarus is flying towards an early grave. You put up your defenses when you leave, You leave because you're certain Of who you want to be. You're putting up your armor when you leave, And you leave because you're certain Of who you want to be. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun. This is how it feels to take a fall. Icarus is flying towards an early grave

huh. well, vinyl wasn't really expecting him to just smile and let it all blow over, but, okay. she'll take him not having a reaction.

(that's not to say she isn't wary, though; vinyl is always wary.)

"vinyl," she says, pronouncing each syllable with caution. she doesn't give her last name, nor does she give her parentage; it's all too possible that he's hiding his anger, and she'd really rather not give him something to go off of.

then again, who else at camp is named vinyl? gods, she's an idiot.

"and you are?" she asks, raising an eyebrow questioningly at him.

Last edited by albatross on 5/5/2014, 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/3/2014, 10:10 am

-----

"Vinyl." The girl said. "And you are?" Crow almost smiled, but kept his poker-face going. "Oh, I'm Bob Taylor. Nice too meet you." He rolled his eyes, but let a short smile slip. After all, he was in a good mood today. "Nah. I'm Crow." Crow fiddled once more with some screws, after tossing them aside again. He then picked up some pictures from older demigods, maybe some more important ones. As he brushed through them, he saw three people standing arm in arm. It was obvious who they were. Jason Grace, Piper McLean, and Leo Valdez. Probably the most known demigods here at camp, apart from Annabeth Chase and...what was his name again? Perry? No, Percy. Percy Jackson. Apparently that guy had been some sort of hero. He let the pictures slip out of his long, bony fingers, and put his left hand into his pocket, the other finding halt on his Stygian blade.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 5/4/2014, 12:20 pm

Look who's digging their own grave, That is what they all say, You'll drink yourself to death. look who makes their own bed Lies right down within it, And what will you have left? Out on the front doorstep Drinking from a paper cup. You won't remember this. Living beyond your years, Acting out all their fears You feel it in your chest. Your hands protect the flames From the wild winds around you. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun, It's just begun. Standing on the cliff face Highest fall you'll ever grace, It scares me half to death. Look out to the future But it tells you nothing, So take another breath. Your hands protect the flames From the wild winds around you. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun. And this is how it feels to take a fall. Icarus is flying towards an early grave. You put up your defenses when you leave, You leave because you're certain Of who you want to be. You're putting up your armor when you leave, And you leave because you're certain Of who you want to be. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun. This is how it feels to take a fall. Icarus is flying towards an early grave

vinyl really, really isn't sure how to deal with this guy. she doesn't do happy people. vinyl does, like, angry people who hate the world as much as she does. gods, she really should have stayed in new york. at least there she understood how people worked.

she watches him carefully, cataloging his actions. "it's nice to meet you, too," she says slowly, the words feeling somewhat foreign in her mouth. vinyl doesn't think she's said them since she was ten years old. it's a strange feeling, really.

jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/5/2014, 8:25 am

-----

Crow raised his upturned eyebrows a bit at that remark, searching silently for sarcasm in the little comment. He just plainly smiled, no emotion were behind it, though. He crosses his arms, the movement of his hips sending a cold and quiet clang through the room, due to Crow's sword bashing against the chains on Crow's jeans. He smirked, and said, "You don't seem all too social. But I'm not usually like this either." Crow said and shrugged. "I'm not exactly a social butterfly. The same goes for you, I assume?" He asked, raising his eyebrows once more in question.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 5/30/2014, 10:48 pm

well. that's - unexpected. a bit shocking, too. vinyl's found she's typically pretty good at telling people apart at camp, figuring them out upon a glance. it's pretty easy, is the thing. everyone's always so obvious there.

"er," she says, not quite sure how to respond. this is weird. the last people who tried to actually hold a conversation with vinyl were lolita and alexander, and, well. alexander was an a-hole, and she hasn't seen lola in ages. vinyl typically assumes talking to people leads to bad things. "yeah, i guess you could say that."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/18/2024, 10:02 pm