A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

another promise

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

another promise Empty another promise

Post by beanie 8/13/2014, 8:39 pm

Loneliness is emptiness, but happiness is you

I'm drawn to freaks and weirdos, the unconventionals and and the rebels. The ones that refuse to be ordinary and the ones that stand alone.

Emma would've never guessed that'd she be coming to the funeral pyre. 1) there's nothing to do and 2) there was a bunch a dead people. It would be cool if the dead people become zombies but she wants to stay alive. No, she wasn't here to create some street art (though that would be a cool idea) she was here to meet Rephaim, wherever he is.
    But why would he sleep here? It's all cold, which is why she's wearing sweatpants and a red sweatshirt over her camp shirt, and mucky. Plus, sleeping on the ground would be bad for your back but she wasn't going to judge. Yet.

"Rephaim?" She whispered, poking around to find him.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

another promise Empty Re: another promise

Post by daddeme 8/14/2014, 3:42 pm

Rephaim was right about the day being busy. He made up for the classes he skipped by going during his free time, and as punishment he had to wash the dishes after breakfast the next morning. You can bet that he would be out like a light as soon as he had the chance. Turns out that he had forgotten that Emma was supposed to be a "house guest" later that day and was currently snoring quietly inside of his little nook that was warmed by the ever-burning fire. He was curled up in an almost fetal position with his pillow drowning out most of the noise from his snores and his black sheets pulled over his head. He knew the night would be cold and had taken the precaution of wearing a sweater and sweats and layering his blankets. He was probably drooling. He looked like a NyQuil commercial actor.
    He sprung to his feet as soon as he heard someone whisper his name - er, tried to. He clonked his head on the low stone above his head, causing a huge wince of pain. If it was that same spirit trying to "haunt" him again, Rephaim was going to give him a mouthful. But, no, he quickly remembered then that he had invited Emma here. Oops. He tidied himself up as much as he could before shadow traveling the small distance to surprise Emma. Coming out of the shadows near her, he smiled.
    "Boo."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/14/2014, 5:04 pm

I'm drawn to freaks and weirdos, the unconventionals and and the rebels. The ones that refuse to be ordinary and the ones that stand alone.

After waiting for a response after a couple of seconds, Emma heard nothing. He probably forgot, or ditched her. Just great. When she turned around to head to her cabin, there he was. Rephaim. Standing right in front of her. And he scared her for sure, causing to jump.

"Dude, don't do that. You scared the sh!t out've me." She joked, punching his arm slightly. At least he didn't ditch.
    He looked sleepy, like he just woke up. His hair didn't have the gel from earlier (thank god) and was wearing sweats like her. He looked good, as usual.

"So," she started, sticking her hands in her pockets. "This is where you sleep." That wasn't weird, right?

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 8/15/2014, 11:18 am

At Emma's reaction, Rephaim laughed. It wasn't everyday he got to scare people you know. No one ever saw him as scary. If he had to thank his father for anything, it was that fun little party trick that was installed by the time he reached 14.
    "That was the plan after all." The boy joked back with his arms loosely crossed. He had to fight back a yawn; shadow traveling plus sleepy Rephaim was not a good combo. He really wanted to curl back up and fall asleep, but he had a promise and a guest to mind for. What would his mother say if she heard his thoughts? She would probably whack him with that wooden spoon she kept at her side like a gun. She wouldn't have to worry, though, because Rephaim's tiredness had little to no affect on him compared to Emma just being here. Despite the small dark circles under his eyes and the yawn he was having a duel with, he could barely contain his excitement.
    "Yeah. It's a lot cozier than it looks." He said in response to Emma's statement. Okay he camped out where people burned their dead friends. Big deal. It wasn't weird. Rephaim was a completely normal guy that just so happened to be attracted to funerals. Don't judge him.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/15/2014, 12:33 pm

"Cozy? Uh...." Emma glanced around. How can a place where dead people are buried be cozy? Rephaim sure is weird but she could see it, in a weird sort've way. Even looking around made her sleepy, she stifled a yawn (and failed). Good thing she brought a pillow but no blanket.

"I guess it is." She said, yawning even more. Geez, she didn't do much after she saw Rephaim. Why was she so tired?

"So," Emma tried to change the subject. "Where's your little nook?"

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 8/15/2014, 2:21 pm

Seeing Emma yawn made Rephaim want to yawn again, which would most likely turn this meeting into Yawn Fest 2k14. As a side note, Rephaim reminded himself that planning kind of dates at night after a busy day was probably a bad idea. He was also pretty sure that showing your crush that the place where you sleep is also a place of holding funerals wasn't in any dating book. Wait, were they even dating? they've been on two dates within 24 hours, three if you count becoming the other's date at prom. Maybe it was just the sleep talking anyway. The cold air bit at the exposed flesh around his neck, ears, and nose and he yearned badly for his nook once again. It was almost as if Emma read his mind, for his nook came to subject in her next sentence.
    "Oh, it's right over here." He unfolded his arms to hold one of Emma's hands, leading her about 20 paces along the stone wall that was past a few bales of straw/hay for burning. He stopped at a crater in the stone that was near ten feet in length and four in height. The bottom part jutted upwards so that the inside had a cave-like effect. Looking at the inside from the outside, all you could see was blackness.
    "This is it. It's pretty warm, has a few books. Whatever I don't keep in the cabin is in there."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/15/2014, 4:31 pm

"Oh, it's right over here." Taking her hand, Rephaim tugged her to a space in the wall, able to fit one or maybe two people. It reminded Emma of a cave, except way smaller.

"Its cool. Man, I feel like I could sleep in it." Emma said, yawning again. It was only after a couple of seconds till she realized what she just said. Normally she would've shrugged it off but around Rephaim, she tried not to embarrass herself or say anything weird. Well, she just said something weird.

"I mean, I won't, unless your cool with it, but your probably not since its your nook and- I'm shuttin' up now." She said, looking at the ground. Where was the flirty smooth girl from earlier? It was probably the lack of sleep.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 8/15/2014, 6:40 pm

Rephaim was a little pleased that she thought it was cool. Okay, a lot pleased. It wasn't everyday that a pretty girl calls your creepy habits cool. He just called Emma pretty. Whoa, a little bit before he'd called her his crush and considered the word dating. This had to be his sleepiness getting to him. It had to be. Even in his mind he wouldn't think anything of his feelings for Emma other than a simple friendship. That kind of changed when she said that she felt like she could sleep in his nook. His eyes narrowed slightly, not sure if he heard her correctly. When she continued Rephaim's suspicions were proven correct. He chuckled as she went on, leaning is shoulder against the wall of his cave with a furrowed brow. This along with her yawn made Rephaim consider that she might have been as tired as he was.

"How brash." Rephaim mused quietly with a tired half-smile on his face. Emma did have a pillow with her and Rephaim did sometimes get lonely out here. Okay that last one was a lie. What he meant to say was that he could get lonely out here if Emma went somewhere else. I mean, come on. She had a pillow for Zeus' sake. Plus, he was kind of saving himself the stress of her walking, even with him, past curfew though camp what with those filthy chicken ladies with the bad attitudes lurking about. "It's fine, you can try it out if you want to. I won't mind. I'd rather you stay here than get attack by harpies of something."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/15/2014, 8:41 pm

"How brash." That made Emma bite her lip little. He probably thought she was weird. But she did being her pillow and it was better staying here than almost getting mauled by the harpies.

"Okay but where will you sleep?" She asked before sliding herself into the cave. It was dark but cozy.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 8/17/2014, 5:57 pm

Okay, Rephaim really wanted to just do a dramatic pause and make sure to lower his voice an octave so he could say, "I don't sleep." But that would be a lie. Funny, a tad bit creepy, but a lie. He had to bite the inside of his lip to keep his laughter from escaping. He had to be tired if he was actually ready to die of laughter from his own joke. A joke he hadn't even said out loud. He managed to calm down enough to answer Emma. Strange, only a few seconds had passed.

"I'll be fine out here. Plus someone has to keep a look out." Rephaim smiled softly, reaching into his cave to pull up some of his blankets. She could use them. He didn't mind. The fire was warm enough. "There's some blankets and stuff in there, too."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/18/2014, 7:20 am

Emma could barely see Rephaim from the nook, even when she squinted her silvery gaze. Just his silhouette and his hands when he pulled the covers up for her to use. Shifting around and getting comfortable, Emma closed her eyes, not without giving Rephaim one last look.

"Wake me up if the harpies come." He wasn't going to tackle them alone.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 8/19/2014, 3:26 pm

Rephaim rolled his eyes, not sure if Emma could see him or not. He wouldn't wake her up if any monster come out of the blue. They wouldn't find her in his nook (probably) and he would make sure of it. Maybe it was his gentlemanly home training or the fact that he actually like this not-so-stranger, but he was going to try to protect her whenever he could. It wasn't his responsibility. He just wanted to do it for reasons that were left undiscovered.

"Sure. Good night, Emma. Horrible dreams." He chuckled quietly to himself and sat down at the base of the small cave. His Stygian iron katana, previously stored against the inside of the nook, lay across his lap as he stifled yet another yawn. He rested his head against the stone, finding its coolness both invasive yet comforting during the cold of the night. With the fire keeping the majority of him warm and the occasional growl or snarl from the forest, Rephaim was out like a light within five minutes.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/20/2014, 8:19 am

It was a while before Emma woke up with a jump, half-expecting for the harpies to be here and ready to maul her and Rephaim. She tried to sit up but ended up banging her head against a stone. Ouch!
    Groaning, she scurried her way out've the nook, only to be met with the snoring Rephaim. Geez, so much for lookout.
    He actually looked kind've cute asleep. Wait, where did that come from? Bad Emma!

"Hey." She whispered, shaking him in hopes of him waking up. "What time is is?"

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 8/22/2014, 1:31 pm

Okay, so Rephaim wasn't the lightest sleeper. Maybe it just so happened to take him a while to fully wake up and come to his senses. That doesn't mean, mind you, that he will not at least try to wake up when he hears something. Like what happened earlier when he heard Emma whisper his name for example. But when someone is shaking you and you live at a funeral pyre, and it's the middle of the night, you are going to get defensive. When he heard her voice whispering "Hey" his eyes were open in that instant. The shaking freaked him out a little considering he wasn't fully awake quite yet. The moment the hand touched him made him whip to his feet with his katana pointed a few inches from the base of Emma's neck. Then everything registered when she asked about the time. Oops. Again.

"Oh. Sorry. It's uh..." Rephaim lowered his sword and checked the watch that never left his wrist. In maybe four more hours, the sun will begin to rise and campers would be rushing to early lessons and breakfast at the mess hall. His semi-alert eyes went back to Emma's, a sheepish and apologetic smile from nearly snapping on her tugged on his lips. That was embarrassing. "It's nearly a quarter til two."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/23/2014, 2:08 pm

Note to self: never wake up a sleeping Rephaim. He practically jumped three feet when she touched him, positioning his sword right by her neck. Emma gulped, widening her eyes when Rephaim did. That was cool, yet scary at the same time.

"It's nearly a quarter til two." So they only had a couple of hours until they had to go. Emma leaned against the wall, the cool rock against her back.

"Why did you try to kill me again?" She asked, her eyes closed with a small smile gracing her lips.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 8/25/2014, 10:47 am

Once Rephaim was sure that Emma knew the time and that wouldn't be killing anyone just yet, he sat back in his original spot and placed the blade at his side. Gods, could he just die now? That was embarrassing. That was majorly embarrassing. How many times have you read about a guy nearly killing the person he's trying to impress? Well, multiple times in the Hunger Games...put that's not the point. Whoa, why was he trying to impress Emma in the first place? Sure he admitted a little bit ago to himself that he did in fact like her. Did impressing someone go with liking someone? This was terrible.

"Well, think about it." Rephaim said after a few seconds of silence. He ran a hand back through his hair in attempt to keep him awake. Which was stupid because it only made him sleepier. "I hear dead people, monsters are constantly trying to kill us, and I usually sleep alone at a funeral pyre." He smirked lightly at his explanation, not bothering to alter it. He was too tired. Instead, he peeked at her from the corner of his eye.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/25/2014, 1:51 pm

Rephaim looked like he might die from embarrassment as he slid down to Emma's side, almost causing Emma to laugh but she held it in. Didn't want to make him any more embarrassed though she wanted to laugh so bad. Instead, she leaned her head on his shoulder, sighing a bit. She was too tired to care what was happening, she barely even heard what Repahim.

"Well, when you put it that way, then I'd understand." The Australian said with a lazy smirk on her face. God, no matter what she tried she could barely keep her eyes open. She did take that small nap, she has no idea how long but still, it was at least something.

"Man. So. Tired." She mumbled, half-asleep.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 10/2/2014, 10:51 am

Rephaim, being his tired and slightly embarrassed self at this point, barely understood what all was going through his mind. His strange-colored eyes settled on what must've been the beach in the distance, the moon turning the fog floating an ominous misty white. It made his eyes droop even more, his side leaning into Emma's for support.

"Man. So. Tired." she had said aloud as if echoing his thoughts. He smiled a small smile. She sounded...cute or something when she was sleepy. So maybe it was the delusion haunting his mind from lack of sleep. Maybe it was the closeness that had resurfaced from their dancing. Maybe it was because he had missed his chance at the prom. But he took his index finger and thumb and guided her chin gently so that their faces were only a few centimeters apart. He looked into her silverish eyes questionably as if asking for permission. Then his eyes closed and Rephaim's lips met hers softly. In those few seconds Rephaim felt his face flush in response to the warmth of his lips. What was he doing? This was one of his lowest acts of chivalry - he never kissed someone on the first date. But, hey, he was changing. Then he suddenly pulled away.

"Yeah, so am I."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/4/2014, 8:50 pm

Emma felt Rephaim leaning closer to her and she blushed. They have been this close before, at the dance but the sleepiness was affecting her more, making her emotions show. It was only a matter of time before she embarrassed herself even more.
    The Australian was about to take when she felt two fingers under her chin, forcing her to look into the strange eyes of Rephaim. He was so close, she could feel the heat from his lips. It was only a couple seconds later when their lips met and Emma was blushing harder. When they pulled away from her, Emma bit her lip, probably doing the most stupid thing ever.
    She kissed him again, probably rougher than he had for her. Maybe it was the closeness. Perhaps it was cause she actually did have feelings for this strange boy. By the time she pulled away, her face was a tomato.

"Maybe we should hit the hay." She said, pulling the blanket out of the cave.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 10/24/2014, 11:22 am

another promise Tumblr_inline_mom7tgaaFD1qz4rgp
    he first kiss was planned. The second one...not so much. Rephaim should have been thrilled to have gotten more smooches from an attractive girl, but he wasn't. He was kind of infuriated actually. Okay, so he liked her, but that didn't mean she was supposed to like him back. He was weird! He was strange! For the gods' sake the boy lived in a place where corpses were burned! He wasn't even supposed to feel this way for her, so what made her feeling similarly okay? It didn't!
    But he wasn't the first to pull back, though. His face was a mixture of bewilderment, longing, and a dash of hatred. He turned away so she couldn't see his expression right as she mentioned going to sleep again. That was a brilliant idea. Rephaim was hallucinating. He was only thinking all of these things because he was tired, yeah? That was a good explanation.
    "Yeah, we should get some sleep. I have sword and shield practice in the morning." His voice was a mumble. He didn't want to say anything more. He just wanted to hope that the sleep would somehow fix all of this.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/25/2014, 12:49 pm

------

The look on Rephaim's face was weird, Emma couldn't tell what it was. He had his head turned when she looked back, the blanket in hand. It was weird, her emotions were all swirled around like crazy. Sleep, sleep would help and hopefully this will resolved in the morning. Hopefully.
    Emma draped the blanket around her shoulders, giving some to Rephaim as well. She wasn't a hogger, it was his blanket after all.

"Horrible dreams Rephaim." And with that she was asleep, her head unconsciously on his shoulder.

OOC: time skip to morning?
    I
    WAS
    HAPPY
    BEFORE
    YOU
    CAME.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/19/2024, 3:37 am