A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

the ghost king and the fox

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1055
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

the ghost king and the fox Empty the ghost king and the fox

Post by kayla 11/29/2014, 9:31 pm

"doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will"

Leila was cozily curled up on a beanbag she had found in the furthest corner of the library there was. It was getting dark, almost five p.m but Leila was going to stay put like she had done ever since she came into the home of books since twelve. She had on a warm burgundy colored sweater and black leggings with a large dark knitted blanket draped over her legs. Her grandmother had made it when she was young and she was happy that she had taken in when she left her father's house before summer came and sheh ad to go back to Camp Half Blood. It was the last token she had of her grandmother after the old woman had lost her memory. The girl fiddled absent-mindedly with her necklace as she continued to read the book she had read for half of the time she'd been in the library. It was a freakishly large book of Japanese folklore and mythology. Don't get her wrong, Greek mythology was all fun and games too but she'd rather not read repeatedly over and over on how many people Zeus did the frick frack with. And honestly she didn't care. But she found Japanese mythology and their gods pretty interesting. Like how the Shinto god of the moon, Tsukuyomi, killed Uke Mochi, the goddess of food, because of the way she presented him a feast. Leila thought what the god did was a little over the top but then again, the goddes did make the food by turning to the ocean and spat out fish, then faced the forest and poured game from her mouth, and finally turned to a rice paddy and coughed up a bowl of rice. Pretty gross if you asked Leila.

She was reading about the conflict between Amaterasu, the sun goddess, and her brother Susanoo, the god of sea and storms, when she felt a cold shiver rush down her spine. She looked up from where she was reading and peered around the dark and empty library.

"Anybody there?" Leila asked, albeit a bit nervously. Gods why did she have to say that out of all things? That was the first thing the girl who gets killed in the horror movie says. The only thing that reassured her was the sword she had at her side, not even a foot away.

art credit

Last edited by kayla vern on 11/30/2014, 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

the ghost king and the fox Empty Re: the ghost king and the fox

Post by mabel pines 11/29/2014, 11:29 pm

The blackbird sits atop my guts
    And spreads its wings for flight My shoulders back, My jaw pushed out, My stomach sucked in. Its wingtips push across my lungs And fill them full of feathers, But the brushstrokes feel like Hearthpokes into my skin. The blackbird feasts upon my guts And bears its beak to fight, My shoulders back, My jaw pushed out, My stomach sucked in. Its wingtips push across my lungs And fill them full of feathers, Now they poke between my teeth And that's why I thirst. When he flies me to the top There's nothing but the fog, A heart of stone, Eggshells for bones; They lead you to be lost. The dark slope drags you down. The blackbird is a part of me, A part of me, so sad to see. The blackbird is a part of me, so sad To see, so sad. I ask before I go For you to drop a lit match down my throat And smoke the b*stard out Or burn him to a crisp. 'Cause I'm already carrion Been eaten from the inside too long; This blackbird wants to rip me Limb from limb. The blackbird dips its beak In blood and writes its thoughts in cursive 'Cross the bones that are its jailer And my ribcage, And when you turn me inside out Believe in me, without a doubt The words were all of his, And none of mine. When he flies me to the top There's nothing but the fog, A heart of stone, Eggshells for bones; They lead you to be lost. The dark slope drags you down. The blackbird is a part of me, A part of me, so sad to see. The blackbird is a part of me, so sad To see, so sad to be me.

it's not that nico's hiding, really, except he kind of totally is hiding in the library. will had gone home for thanksgiving, and percy was taking a gap year before going to college in new rome with annabeth, and he hadn't gone home. sure, nico's over him, but. it's awkward, is all, especially what with jason sitting there trying to make it less awkward by loudly bringing up different topics. like, no thanks, nico's had quite enough of that, thank you very much.

he's sure he'll be found eventually, but for now, nico's quite content to roam among the tall stacks of books, occasionally pulling one out and peering inside before shoving it back onto the shelf. he always seems to casually forget about his dyslexia until he actually tries to read, at which point it all falls apart and he remembers that, hey, that's not much of an option unless he wants a headache!

honestly, nico's not quite sure why he never spent much time in the library before. it's quite dark, and the shelves tower over his head, resulting in lots of shadows. honestly, it's a lot more preferable to his cabin, which he still hasn't had the time to fix up the decour of. nothing says classy like sleeping in a coffin, that's certain.

he'd been so certain he was alone, casually roaming through the shelves, but apparently this isn't so. he nearly knocks over a tower of precariously stacked books when he hears someone nearby calling out, "anybody there?"

"erm, hi?" he calls out in response.

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/30/2014, 5:32 pm

Leila was surprised to hear a voice actually call back out to her. She got up from her comfy position and decided to leave her sword back next to the beanie but carried her large book of legends with her as she tried to find the source of the voice. It seemed to have come from between one of the rows of shelves and sounded like a guy's voice. She was curious as to who it was because really, no one ever came here often, and she was sure that there was no one here when she was here. It was like the guy was a ghost.

She let out a squeal when she saw a person very close to her near one of the shelves and man this kid really looked like a ghost. He had really pale skin and dark rings under his eyes that were the color of bruises and a mop of shaggy black hair on his head. He looked no older than fourteen and fifteen and yet he still stood a few inches over her. What are kids drinking nowadays? How come everyone's so tall? She grumbled to herself internally. Leila took a step back and cleared her throat, "Um sorry about that you kind of surprised me, I thought I was the only one here."

Leila cocked her head and studied from head to toe. He didn't really look familiar and Leila had been in the camp for a couple years and recognized most faces. He seemed a little odd to her. It was a good things he was pretty odd herself then. She smiled and held out her hand, holding her book with the other. "I'm Leila, nice to meet you."

OOC: html struggles

art credit
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

Post by mabel pines 1/31/2015, 8:47 am

The blackbird sits atop my guts
    And spreads its wings for flight My shoulders back, My jaw pushed out, My stomach sucked in. Its wingtips push across my lungs And fill them full of feathers, But the brushstrokes feel like Hearthpokes into my skin. The blackbird feasts upon my guts And bears its beak to fight, My shoulders back, My jaw pushed out, My stomach sucked in. Its wingtips push across my lungs And fill them full of feathers, Now they poke between my teeth And that's why I thirst. When he flies me to the top There's nothing but the fog, A heart of stone, Eggshells for bones; They lead you to be lost. The dark slope drags you down. The blackbird is a part of me, A part of me, so sad to see. The blackbird is a part of me, so sad To see, so sad. I ask before I go For you to drop a lit match down my throat And smoke the b*stard out Or burn him to a crisp. 'Cause I'm already carrion Been eaten from the inside too long; This blackbird wants to rip me Limb from limb. The blackbird dips its beak In blood and writes its thoughts in cursive 'Cross the bones that are its jailer And my ribcage, And when you turn me inside out Believe in me, without a doubt The words were all of his, And none of mine. When he flies me to the top There's nothing but the fog, A heart of stone, Eggshells for bones; They lead you to be lost. The dark slope drags you down. The blackbird is a part of me, A part of me, so sad to see. The blackbird is a part of me, so sad To see, so sad to be me.

even though nico knew there was someone in the library, because, duh, they called out to him, he still jumps at their squeal, heart rate speeding up before he mentally cursed himself. 'get a hold of yourself,' he thinks. despite being used to his father sneaking up on him, he was apparently not used to campers appearing in front of him when he knew they would. go figure.

she's shorter than he is, but obviously older than him - er, physically older than him. it's all too easy to forget that nico's actually, technically over seventy years old (thanks, dad!). he decides it's better to not think about that.

"er, hi," he says. he wishes will was here - talking to new people is weird and nico is not a fan, all in all. "i'm nico." he hesitates a bit before shaking leila's hand. talking to new people is definitely weird.

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 3/27/2015, 10:53 am

Nico?” Leila echoed. The name sounded familiar to her tongue and she looks him over a bit to take in the aura of darkness around him. Where had she heard that name before? Nico, nico, nic- Oh. She shifts her feet and looks up at him in wonder and curiosity.

Oh, I’ve seen you before.” She smiled brightly. “You were the one fighting besides your father’s side during the Battle of Manhattan right? That was really amazing and totally admirable.” She added in awe.

She remembered a lot of things from that battle. The wounded, the dead, the heroes. Everyone on that battlefield was a hero, Leila thought. Willing to risk their lives and keep going as their friends actually did lose their lives. She would have gone out into battle too if they didn’t need so much help attending to the wounded. She did what she could. “How come you don’t come around here often?

OOC: html struggles

art credit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/19/2024, 6:09 am