A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Adrian Law, Son of Nike

SoraDaRealest

Male
    Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2014-12-07

Adrian Law, Son of Nike Empty Adrian Law, Son of Nike

Post by SoraDaRealest 12/8/2014, 6:07 pm

Name: Adrian Law
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Shaggy and short, dirty blond.
    Height: 6'2"
    Body Type: Very athletic, but not exactly ripped.
    Skin Color: White
    God Parent: Nike
    Mortal Parent: Jack Law
    Country of Origin: United States
    Pets: None
    Talents: Extremely balanced on his feet, if you can call that a talent.
    Weapon**: Celestial Bronze tipped spear and shield, and a large knife that is always strapped to his hip which is of course Celestial Bronze.
    Personality: He is a very nice person that can get along with just about anyone- get him in a fight or in any competition and he's a completely different person. If you risk him losing anything, he wont be too understanding then. Adrian is very confident in all areas of his life. Fighting, Talking, Meetimg people. And Adrian isn't... Technically a flirt, but he does tend to hang out with girls a lot... and a lot of relationships just so happen to come out of that.
    Flaws: Is very susceptible to traps when he feels he's on the cusp of victory. Overconfident and he isn't the best strategist, which leads to brash tactics. He also has contacts in at all time because of his bad eyesight- Adrian believes glasses are a hindrance.
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): Whenever Adrian feels he is on the verge of victory- whether in a fight or a game- he gets a burst of energy that allows him to outlast opponents. This can include a immediate boost in his mood, a higher pain tolerance so that if you were to wound him in a way that would stun some (Ex: A bad burn from a fireball, getting stabbed in the shoulder) He would most definetely be slowed down, but he would be better at fighting through the pain than others, (not regeneration) and it can also cause Adrian to get extreme tunnel vision.  Can only happen 2 times a day at the very maximum of 5 minutes. Afterwards he is gassed and needs rest. Rest as in passing out after he does so for 4 hours. This Power doesn't happen if someone challenges him to a fight and he thinks he will win it. It only happens when he can clearly see that he will win so it gifts hime that extra burst to finish the job. Again, this can be used to others' advantage.
    Life Before Camp*: Adrian's passion before CHB was Basketball. His raw athleticism and balance made him a monster on the court, and now for those very same reasons he is a very formidable foe with spear and shield. Other than basketball, He had a brother named Joey who was the very opposite of him. Quiet, not very social and basically a shut in in Adrians words. Still, he would occasionally hang out with his little brother when there dad was gone because well... dad was not a very common sight. Work he would always say. Adrian somehow doubted it. It wasnt the best life, but Adrian certaintly wouldnt complain. then, out of no where one morning, his best friend had revealed himself to be a goat person... Ahem, satyr and tells you that you need to come with him. But logic says that's not how the world works and Adrian Politely declined... until his home got burned down by a fire monster... thing. Adrian remembers Alex (His satyr friend.) had said that it was a Chimera that attacked him. Now, he throws himself into combat training so he can help people, and maybe have a purpose again
    RP Example*: I walk up the grassy hill with my goat- I mean, Satyr friend in silence. "Well... This is Camp Halfblood." The satyr states awkwardly, and I look around. This place didn't seem like I thought it would... It just looks like a normal camp, complete with smiles on a couple campers. "It... doesn't look like much." I say, giving another once over. "What'd you expect, a military encampment?" The satyr says jokingly and I just stay silent because well... that's exactly what I thought it would look like. "Well then," I say, starting to walk down. "Time to get to work." The satyr looks at me curiously and sighs. Ugh, another hero type he thinks.
    Any notes about your characters: Nope, all good!

Last edited by SoraDaRealest on 12/10/2014, 4:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Adrian Law, Son of Nike Empty Re: Adrian Law, Son of Nike

Post by Kendall 12/8/2014, 7:24 pm

Add some more to personality.

Powers:
    - How much energy does he get, exactly? (Being able to outlast most opponents sounds like too much, and in a way this sort of looks like an adrenaline rush to me.)
    - What constitutes a "final blow"? Does he activate this or does it happen automatically?
    - What do you mean it happens at the very maximum of an hour? Does he need an hour cool-down between usages?

Life Before Camp:
    - Outside of sports, describe his life.
    - When and where did he meet the satyr?
    - What kind of fire monster burned down his house?
    SoraDaRealest

Male

Post by SoraDaRealest 12/8/2014, 7:50 pm

Edited, although idk if i did enough with personality. bye it happening at the very maximum of an hour, I mean Thats how long it will last.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/8/2014, 8:11 pm

Add another line or two to personality and it'll be good.

Powers:
    - How confident would he have to be in order to activate the power? He can't just, say, feel he's going to win whilst just being arrogant and then get the boost like that.
    - Lasting for an hour is not acceptable; at most I'd allow it to last about 5 minutes, and then you'd have to knock off a usage or two and establish a long cool-down period.
    - And again, outlasting "most" opponents is too much.
    - By how much does his pain tolerance increase?

Is your character's brother only a mortal? Why is their dad always gone -- work?
    SoraDaRealest

Male

Post by SoraDaRealest 12/8/2014, 8:29 pm

edited, and when i say able to outlast opponets, it just flavorful text really. I dont literally mean that he for sure will be able to outlast anyone. Its just emphasizing what his poweres kinda do.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/8/2014, 10:31 pm

Powers:
    - I think that pain tolerance boost is rather too much.
    - When the boost hits its time limit, does it ebb away slowly or all at once?

You didn't answer my question about his brother being a mortal or not.
    SoraDaRealest

Male

Post by SoraDaRealest 12/10/2014, 4:59 pm

The boost goes all at once, and Joey is a Demigod but Adrian doesnt know, sorry about that. Edited, I hope I brought the pain tolerance down enough.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/12/2014, 11:36 am

Is Joey also a child of Nike? If not, then which god?

Otherwise, your form looks approvable.
    SoraDaRealest

Male

Post by SoraDaRealest 12/12/2014, 11:43 am

Joey is an Adopted son of Ares.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/12/2014, 12:11 pm

When and why was he adopted? Does their father know of Joey's heritage?
    SoraDaRealest

Male

Post by SoraDaRealest 12/12/2014, 1:03 pm

Joey was adopted on Adrian's 10th birthday and is 2 years younger. He was adopted because jack wanted a normal child, so he doesn't know about joeys heritage.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/14/2014, 6:15 pm

Approved.

Sponsored content