A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Valerie's bunk

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Valerie's bunk Empty Valerie's bunk

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/26/2014, 4:26 am

Valerie's bunk was well made, a neat and tidy bed. Next to it on the right hand side lying on top of the night stand were a collection of old novels back from when she had been here once before. There was a calm, collected appearance to it all, but also one of sadness now days. Sometimes her smile seemed a little forced or the happiness would fade from her eyes as she starred off into the distance.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

Valerie's bunk Empty Re: Valerie's bunk

Post by mabel pines 1/1/2015, 11:43 am

hermes swoops in and drops a silver picture frame on valerie's bunk
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/2/2015, 5:40 pm

Valerie admired the picture which had been given to her by her father Apollo. It was a picture of Valerie with all of her friends before the disastrous mission to take down the Neman Lion. The photo was in black and white, but she remembered that day like it happened yesterday. It was a week before she left with two of her friends, never in her wildest dreams could she have imagined that she would never see any of them again.
    She missed her old friends, her old half brothers and half sisters. Valerie tried to choke back the tears, sometimes she cried. Mostly at night, silently so her half brothers and sisters would not notice, rarely in the day because it was embarrassing to cry.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1363
    Registration date : 2013-01-15

Post by Ryger17 6/3/2015, 3:56 am

Jace guessed he day started okay. He slept through breakfast and half of lunch. By the time he got to the pavilion, the only ones left were the cleaning harpies. Talk about an awkward meal. He already missed his courses for the day, so he just wandered around camp. It was the same as always, Ares cabin picking fights, Hermes playing pranks, the usual stuff.

The walk seemed like a blur and the next thing Jace knew he was back at his cabin. He knocked on the door, a habit his mom drilled into him, then entered. It was empty except for one of his half-sisters, Valerie. She was looking at something, it seemed like a picture. Jace leaned against the wall. Grinning at her, he asked, "Whatcha looking at, Val?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/3/2015, 7:48 am

As soon as she heard the knock, she wiped her eyes on the back of her hand swiftly. It was a desperate attempt to disguise the fact that she had been crying, though the redness around her ice blue eyes would have given that away rather obviously. She didn't look up when her half brother asked her a question.
    "Picture." She said simply before explaining. "It is a picture of me and my friends, as well as half brothers and sisters from back before I got stuck in the Lotus Hotel." For Valerie it still felt pretty weird being the same age but flung into the future, god time travel or not ageing hurt her head.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/3/2015, 3:48 pm

Jace glanced at Valerie's face as she talked about her picture, which she talked about her past. She sounded so sad. Jace would be too if he was in her shoes. She most definitely missed her friends, it must hurt like Hades. He walked over to her bedside, "You feeling alright? I know memories can be painful." Jace didn't think much of his past, the stuff with his mom hurt too much. But sometimes talking can help. Maybe not about the past but just talking.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/3/2015, 3:56 pm

"Can I have a hug Jace?" She asked her brother looking at him, her ice blue eyes blurry with tears. Valerie didn't want to start crying in front of her half brother but the tears defied her, sliding slowly down her cheeks.
    She didn't want to break down and cry in front of him, however her tears poured.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/4/2015, 3:27 pm

Oh crap. The waterworks were coming. Jace felt a surge of brotherly sympathy go through him. He sat down on her bed and wrapped his arms around her. "Hey now, things are going to be okay." That sounded lame. Jace was never good with comforting words.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/4/2015, 4:05 pm

She wrapped her arms around Jace, holding her half brother close, burying her head into his shoulder. "I just miss them.." Valerie sobbed into his shoulder. "I miss my friends and my siblings from before." It felt weird saying them as from before, to her they were a very real memory not history, not dead people who stood in black and white photographs.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/4/2015, 5:05 pm

Jace gently patted Valerie's head. Being one of the oldest in the cabin, he always felt like the older brother. It hurt him to see his sibling so sad. "It is understandable to miss them. But you have new friends and new siblings who all care about you. Your friends would just wish for you to be happy."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/4/2015, 5:08 pm

She continued to cry, listening to him. "I know." She mumbled into his shirt, Valerie hated how she was crying in front of her siblings. Normally, she did this in private, but something just got to her today.
    "I... I.. Just miss them it is not fair..."
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/6/2015, 8:26 pm

Jace just held Valerie for a second. Missing people was rough business. He then held her out at arms length. "Someone once told me life isn't fair but it's still good. Everyone has their downs in life but they push on." Jace had to. And Valerie was one of the strongest people he knew.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/7/2015, 2:46 am

"I know..." Valerie mumbled wiping her away her tears on the back of her hands. "It... I just miss them, what is history to you is a living memory tome." She tried to stop crying and failed. She was so embarrassed crying in front of her half brother.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/8/2015, 7:28 pm

"Missing people sucks, I know it does." He missed his mom nearly everyday. And being a demigod was no easy thing either. Jace had friend who were never coming back. "We all have memories we would like to forget. Just stay strong and keep being you."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/9/2015, 4:03 am

"Yeah... It does suck." She choked out visibly trying not to cry any more. It didn't help that Valerie sometimes felt like she didn't belong here. Her taste in music was far different to most of the other Demigods she encountered and don't even bother trying to teach her computers. How some of the Campers here understood the wonders of the computer was beyond her.
    She nodded to Jace. "I'll try." She wiped the tears away again on the back of her hands. "Sorry... I don't like to cry in front of anyone."
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/11/2015, 2:28 pm

Jace smiled. Valerie was always strong. He ruffled her hair. "No one likes to cry in public, Val. But sometimes it just happens." He stood up to give her some room. He took a step back and leaned against a nearby wall. Jace just like to lean against stuff. "How about we go do something to take our mind off this?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/12/2015, 9:32 am

Valerie smiled as he ruffled her hair, she ran a hand back through it to make it somewhat less messy. "Yeah... I guess you are right." Jace seemed to be like the older brother that she never had. Technically she was his older brother, well half but that still meant he was her brother and therefore family.
    She nodded eagerly. "Yes I would like that." Valerie would not mind having something to distract her from her woes.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/15/2015, 12:36 am

Jace bounced off the wall, the smile still on his face. He learned a long time ago just one smile could change the atmosphere of an entire room. This conversation could use some more smiles. He returned to his bunk, grabbed his wallet and a handful of drachmas, and return to the wall on which he leaned on again. "Do you want to go somewhere special? If it costs money, I'll pay for anything you want."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/15/2015, 4:28 am

"No no, it is not fair for you to pay all of your money." Valerie didn't want to spend all of her half brother's hard earned drachmas, that would just be unfair of her.
    She couldn't help but smile at Jace's happy smile. Jace always seemed to be smiling, it would be weird if she encountered him without one. "We could go grab some shakes?" Valerie suggested, milkshakes were always good.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/15/2015, 1:53 pm

Jace exhaled, he was trying to cheer her up. Spending money was nothing for Jace, which could be problematic in the future. He would just have to pay for the shakes before Valerie got the chance to. "Shake are fine with me." Understatement of the year. Jace loved shakes.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/15/2015, 4:19 pm

Valerie smiled at him, pleased that he was fine with milkshakes. She grabbed her leather jacket, deciding not to take the old army jacket given to her by a son of Ares who went on the mission with her that ended up with her in Las Vegas.
    "Is there a diner nearby?" She inquired wondering if they could go there or just go to where they normally ate at camp instead and get them for free.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/16/2015, 12:19 am

Sure the shakes at the dining hall were good. But they were stuff prepared to be healthy and shakes were not meant to be healthy. Fortunately, Jace had a friend who knew a good shake place just outside of camp. There the shakes were full of sugary goodness.

He walked to the door. "I know a good place. Follow me."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/16/2015, 6:05 pm

"Sure." Valerie said as she fell in step behind him, it felt good to be doing something rather than leaving herself alone with her memories. It might be good for Valerie to get out for a bit. Besides going with your brother might be fun.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/19/2024, 12:33 am