A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

no such thing as a party without jello [private]

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

no such thing as a party without jello [private] Empty no such thing as a party without jello [private]

Post by Kendall 1/18/2015, 3:05 pm

By far, Stella's favorite dessert was cherry Jell-O -- no amount of pie or cake or anything like that could top it. She had had a swell time trying to get her mother to wean her off of it when she was little, because she was gonna get cavities and Jesus Christ baby why do you like this crap so much. (Stella loved her mother, sure, but the woman was like an overprotective mother hawk sometimes. Endearing, but stifling.)

And so Stella had, at about ten in the morning, decided to go get jello and maybe read a magazine because dang it, she was almost an adult and could make her own decisions, Mother.

They were in little plastic cups that probably were store-bought, which was all the more convenient; she took three to look non-suspicious and then, with a spoon, made her way over to the Titan cabin's table. It was large and grand, just the way the Titans and primordial gods deserved to be honored -- even though there weren't that many of them in the first place, considering that most of the Titans were locked up in Tartarus. It was a miracle that Stella and David and Meagan and Chris and Aeron had been born in the first place.

Peeling off the wrapper of one, she kicked back and enjoyed, flipping the magazine to a random page and frowning at it. Why the hell were they talking about celebrities using baskets at the supermarket?
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male
    Number of posts : 3957
    Registration date : 2012-03-15

no such thing as a party without jello [private] Empty Re: no such thing as a party without jello [private]

Post by Blaze 1/18/2015, 4:10 pm

primadonna girl, all I ever
    Crystal and her Aphrodite minions friends entered the mess hall, chattering and giggling loudly as they walked down the aisles. As they walked past a long table that one of the girls told her was the table for the “demi-Titans”, because apparently they were special, she made eye-contact with a girl who looked like she was gulfing down jell-o while reading a magazine. Crystal immediately turned to her friends and started whispering, mainly asking if the “special” kids were weird.

Crystal sat down at the Aphrodite table, even though she was unclaimed, and commanded one of the girls to go get her food. She then turned to look across the room at the demi-Titan table, analyzing the girl she had just seen.
    wanted was the world
    THANKS❣

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

no such thing as a party without jello [private] Empty Re: no such thing as a party without jello [private]

Post by Kendall 1/18/2015, 4:28 pm

As Stella finished her first little container of jello and opened a second one, a gaggle of Aphrodite kids had entered the Mess Hall and gone to sit down at their overly-pink table, chatting excitedly about whatever and then some girl had had the nerve to say something about the demititans being "special," but Stella for the moment didn't care because jello.

She flicked to the next page of the magazine, something about dresses for an award show. She wasn't reading this for the fashion or to keep up with the celebrities, honestly; she just liked having material to mock them and not seem like a total dingbat when it came to real world events. Reading the news sucked, but someday she'd have to leave camp and find her "place" there without messing that up too bad. If worst came to worst, she could just work at her mom's store forever and try to be happy there. (Ha. Not really, that place sucked.)

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed one of the Aphrodite girls watching her -- and she seemed to be almost glowing. With a frown, Stella watched her warily: most demigods didn't glow, but she knew of a demititan or two who did. She was decent-looking, but Stella didn't think she was an Aphrodite kid even if she was sitting there with them, apparently some sort of alpha among them; there was something off about her.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 1/18/2015, 6:57 pm

The Aphrodite girl brought back her food, and she picked at it with her fork while looking at the demi-Titan girl across the room. She wasn’t so sure why she was so interested in her. Maybe because she pitied her for being so “special”? Nah. She didn’t pity. Pity was useless and got you nowhere.

So, she decided to do what any logical, curious person would do, and she stood up, walked all the way across the room, and sat down in front of the demi-Titan girl. ”Hi,” she said to the girl.

[this post is short i have no clue what to do]
    wanted was the world
    THANKS❣

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/18/2015, 8:24 pm

And suddenly -- girl had sat down across from her at the table. Greeted her. What? Why? Stella paused during her jello feast to look at the girl oddly, swallowing a mouthful of the stuff to respond: "Er, hello. What do you want?"

She must have been very, very new to even think of heading over to the Titan table and not get her head lopped off, especially by Stella. But the demititan certainly wasn't in the mood for doing such a thing because getting blood in her jello was not an ideal situation -- it was so rare they had jello in the mess hall, but not because Stella cough stole it all whenever she got the chance and any whiff of news that Argus had brought in a shipment. (She had stopped doing that ages ago when Aidan had held an intervention, but it was still sorely tempting. Camp security really sucked.)
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 1/18/2015, 9:26 pm

”Well, um, I’d like you to tell me about yourself, I suppose,” Crystal shrugged. “Curious about why people around here call ‘your kind’ ‘special’.”

Crystal looked at her nails and waited for a response, while also analyzing the girl. Damn. She should’ve brought her food so that she had something to do to pass the awkwardness.
    wanted was the world
    THANKS❣
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/19/2015, 5:33 pm

"Children of Titans. Most powerful kids at camp. Could easily defeat entire cabins of demigods at once. What else is there to know?" How annoying, she thought to herself as she flicked to the next page of the magazine. The demigods at camp were getting too comfortable with themselves to be safe -- she'd have to go fix that, wouldn't she? But not now, of course.

Stella observed her for a second, looking at her nails and apparently so comfortable with herself. Was she really an Aphrodite kid? Now that she was so much closer to her, she could sense there was something definitely wrong, almost powerful about her. Nothing for Stella to worry about, of course, but perhaps a potential ally for her endeavors. (A reluctant ally for her, anyway; the demititan already didn't like her.)
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 1/24/2015, 1:27 pm

”Who’s your ‘parent’? Not sure what it means, but I’ve heard it quite a bit,” Crystal asked her, looking up for a few seconds before going back to picking at her nails. Whatever it meant, it had to mean something, because apparently it’s a big deal to new people.

Admittedly, she was very interested in who her ‘parent’ was. She heard that when she found out, she could move out of the gross unclaimed cabin.
    wanted was the world
    THANKS❣

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/25/2015, 4:31 pm

"God parent?" she asked distantly, turning the page of the magazine to a large full-page advertisement for... Activia Yogurt. A woman sat on the couch with a little cup of it, looking a bit too cheerful for someone with digestion problems. What a beautiful thing it was, Stella thought to herself as she turned to the next page. Obviously this girl was unclaimed if she didn't know what 'parent' meant in the camp's context, so she'd been right: she wasn't an Aphrodite girl -- yet? "My dad's Ouranos, primordial god of the sky."

Stella took another bite of jello, relishing how cold it was against her teeth. It had been refrigerated for what felt like a long time, making it all the more tasty for her. She hated hot drinks or desserts, there was something very disturbing in people willingly burning their tongues.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 1/25/2015, 10:50 pm

”Yeah, god parent...whatever that means.” As if she believed that people here were actually related to gods. Sure, she had been here for a week or two, but she hadn’t met anyone with “special powers” or whatever. Maybe this girl had some.

”Do you have any powers?” she asked the girl. She probably did, if she was actually one of those “special kids”. What? She didn’t feel bad about calling them that. Not like they were mentally insane...
    wanted was the world
    THANKS❣

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/26/2015, 7:52 pm

Did she have any powers? Ha. Of course she did. "I can control any aspect of air or sky that I want, basically." Stella frowned at the girl over her cup of jello, noticing her supply of jello was running low. (For her, at least. Perhaps three cups were enough for some people, but Stella certainly was not some people and would gladly argue her case with a knife or two.)

"And when, exactly, did you get to camp? Did you not go to Chiron for that stupid introduction video? Big centaur man in a big blue house, can't miss him unless you need glasses."
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 1/29/2015, 11:21 pm

”That’s nice. Could you drain all the air out of a person?” Crystal asked. That’d be pretty cool. To destroy anyone who wronged you.

“And I arrived two weeks ago. No one really told me to go anywhere. A bunch of those girls just dragged me off and started chattering. They seemed to listen to me when I speak, so that’s why I stick with them,” she answered, gesturing to the Aphrodite girls. The Aphrodite girls didn’t just listen to her. They followed her and obeyed her, which was great. “I don’t think I’ve seen a centaur either.”
    wanted was the world
    THANKS❣
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/30/2015, 3:40 pm

"Oh yeah, I've done it before. Very fun." Back in the day, when Stella was slightly less scrupulous about the way she killed people. Now she just drew out their pain with swords and all, just as fun but it took much longer than choking them into submission. Ah well, that was the price she paid for fun at this wretched dump.

Stella swirled her spoon in the squishy remains of the cherry Jell-o in her cup, frowning at the girl before her. Unclaimed and hadn't seen Chiron -- what a pity. Very uninformed, very tragic for her. She was sure Chiron would bemoan the lost opportunity to show this girl that ancient introduction video, which was probably still on a video casette or something -- maybe even an old movie reel thing, but Stella couldn't remember. "How old are you, exactly? You should be claimed soon, if you're over the age of 13."
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 1/30/2015, 8:32 pm

"Sixteen, and um, what exactly do you mean by 'claimed'?" Crystal asked the girl. And of course, as irony does so, Crystal was claimed. A bright light flashed over her head and if you squinted hard enough, you just might've seen an eye over her head.

The blinding light soon dimmed, and everyone was looking around to see where the source was. "What the hell was that?" she questioned. "Did you do it? I didn't..." Well, she thought she didn't. It was sort of true. Her mother did it.

Jesus, strange things have been happening to her for a while now, but this could have been the strangest. This camp was full of weird crap. Sometimes she wished she was in a coma so she could wake up from this prolonged dream.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/30/2015, 9:31 pm

As soon as that bright light appeared, Stella had looked up to see it in a very stupid reflexive movement -- and was, subsequently, blinded for a few moments because of how bright it was above the other girls' head and then almost fell out of her seat, catching herself before she hit the floor. (How funny. She was so rarely surprised nowadays.) It dimmed and flickered out after maybe thirty seconds, leaving everyone in the mess hall disoriented and definitely confused and clamoring for information; Stella had been so close to the light above the girl's head, her vision was still sort of fuzzy even a minute after.

Swearing, she stared intensely at where she sensed the girl was still sitting -- almost a glare, if she hadn't been rubbing her eyes so intensely. "Dammit, sixteen and unclaimed? Ha. That was claiming, kid, you've got a mother now." The demititan shook her head, eyes watering slightly as her vision readjusted back to normal. Her eyes could readjust to sunlight very fast, but apparently claiming symbols too close to her were too much. "Claimed by... what? Did you see what the symbol was?"
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 2/1/2015, 12:42 pm

Crystal glanced over her head to see if the symbol was still there. It wasn't. What gods associated with light? Apollo? Yes, Apollo.

"I couldn't see anything, but I think it's that god from cabin seven -- Apollo? Since he has something to do with light," Crystal shrugged. Either way, she would be able to move out of that gross Unclaimed cabin. She didn't understand what the meaning of "claiming" was. Was it like...some god that has chosen you to watch over? Or did they actually mean that the god that claimed you...was your parent? In that case, who was her mother?

"Just a question, though, are there any female gods that have to do with light?" Crystal asked. She knew who her actual father was; he was a lame, stupid man who had zero self-esteem. Look how perfect she turned out. He probably wished he could have a daughter like her. Her mother, though, she had no clue or hint to who she was...or what she was.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/1/2015, 1:02 pm

"Maybe a few, I wouldn't care to remember." Okay, okay. Stella could see sufficiently well now, to fix her gaze on the other girl firmly and size her up again. She didn't look much like an Apollo kid, anyway, and thanks to the blinding symbol she definitely wasn't a child of Aphrodite or any of those overly-romantic love gods. It seemed much more intense than anything Stella had ever heard of before, so it couldn't just be some lowly god. "Definitely not Apollo, his claiming symbol has never been that bright."

She had seen a claiming, once, of another demititan -- it was Ferro, almost six years ago, with her claiming symbol being a brightly glowing Rosetta Stone. The daughter of Ouranos hadn't been so in tune with sensing auras of power then, but Crystal's was definitely... something along the lines of....

She paused curiously, and then frowned as she mentally recounted what she had seen and done just now: a flash of light, look up, there was the glowing light, but what had been inside? Another shape, almost round....

An eye. It had been a faint eye in the middle of a field of glowing similar to that she had seen on bright cloudless days in camp or which appeared when storms were beginning to break up, an eye which almost seemed to bore into Stella's and had won some weird contest of sight, blinding her for a moment.

The memory of a small statue of a goddess inside the Titan cabin floated back into her mind; her eyes had seemed to bore into every passerby's soul, a faint smile on her lips as if she knew who they were on the inside, could see all they were doing. The demititans had joked about it, saying the Titaness Theia was really a surveillance camera for Olympus, but looking at it now Stella just knew she was this girl's mother.

"You sure you didn't see anything inside it? The symbol?"

Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 2/2/2015, 8:09 pm

"Well...now that my vision is actually okay, I'm pretty sure I saw an eye-like shape or something like that," Crystal answered. What did this even mean? It couldn't mean much; it was just an eye. How could this help her find out who her parent is?

When she thought about, she had never seen her mother, which was quite strange. I mean, she remembered small bits and pieces of what her father looked like, but she never knew anything about her mother. She couldn't remember a single detail. Maybe this "godly parent" thing was for real. Psh. As if...

"Could you see anything else?" Crystal asked Stella. This girl seemed like she knew what she was talking about, so maybe, if she actually had a godly parent, she would know which goddess it was.

Crystal filed through all the gods and goddesses she knew. Really, she only knew the main ones -- The Olympians -- and a few Titans, mainly because she met demi-Titans. There wasn't a goddess that she could name that had to deal with light...or sight.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/2/2015, 9:02 pm

An eye. So she was right, it was Theia. Stella sat frowning at the girl for a moment and mentally debated the pros and cons of telling her this information: For pros, she'd have another potentially powerful ally and more leverage against the other campers. For cons, this girl was so superficial it almost hurt to look at her and the Aphrodite girls seemed to absolutely fawn over her. She would never know if Stella lied to her, right? Unless one of the other campers would go tell their precious horseman for an activities director about what they had seen, and from there he'd probably guess what had happened -- and then tell her anyway.

It almost physically hurt for her to decide to say it. Out loud. It's for the greater good, I guess. Hopefully. My greater good, anyway, not the Olympians'.

"Aah, no." Stella paused for another moment and slowly, carefully picked out her words to the other girl, feeling like this conversation was dragging on forever: "But your mother is Theia, Titaness of sight and the light of the blue sky -- you're with, ah... me. In my cabin. Not as my half-sister or anything."

How awkward.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 2/2/2015, 11:03 pm

Oh. She was this girl's cabin mate. Great. She was a "special" kid. Y'know, "special" kids never have a happy ending in the real world. Conformity sometimes might be the better way out, sometimes it might not. Here, she didn't think it would end up well if she didn't conform. Of course, she had the Aphrodite girls wrapped around her finger in less than a day, but they could unravel just as easily.

But then she thought about how she said that Demi-Titans could take on a cabin at once. No one would attack her, so that was a plus. And maybe she could force the Aphrodite girls to stay with her in some way...

Not physically, of course. She wouldn't be able to do that, but maybe...maybe something else could convince them to keep her their Queen Bee

In spite of all that contemplation in her mind, she said out loud, "I guess I should go move my things." She stood up and started walking away before turning around and adding, "I suppose I'll see you around or whatever." Then she left.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/3/2015, 3:20 pm

Goddammit. Another one in, what, a month? First it was that prick Gabe and now it was this superifical brat who might as well have gone the rest of her time at camp thinking she was an Aphrodite girl. She fit in -- much nicer than she would as a demititan, anyway. Stella mentally smacked herself for letting her know about Theia.

But anyway. She still had to finish her jello.

After maybe half an hour of magazine-flipping, mental swearing at herself as thoughts about the new demititan interrupted her reading, and another cup and a half of jello, she threw all her stuff away and left too.

[ooc: end scene yey]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 5:10 am