A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Lucky Charm

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Lucky Charm Empty Lucky Charm

Post by Green 3/3/2015, 5:30 pm

Layne stood outside of an Italian restaurant that was positioned in New Rome. The Greek wore a black sweater, a silver necklace that hung a little lower than must, and a pair of dark blue skin jeans. A grey beanie concealed his blonde hair from the outside chill. It was around seven thirty at night, Apollo just finishing his chariot ride through the sky. He was planning on meeting August here for their first official date. The son of Euphrosyne was attending New Rome's high  school for the semester, just so he could say that he graduated.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Lucky Charm Empty Re: Lucky Charm

Post by daddeme 3/3/2015, 8:32 pm

August had tried everything in his power not to be late but as the minutes crawled closer to their meeting time, he knew that he would be by at least a few minutes. He glanced at the black watch on his wrist as he winded his way through the forum. When he reached the restaurant about three minutes past 7:30, he tried to hide the smile that always grew whenever he saw Layne. He had a feeling he failed, considering his date looked like a million bucks.
    "Hey, Layne." August offered a hug, a huge step for someone who shunned physical contact. The Roman had on a blue Henley shirt with a pair of dark jeans, burgundy Vans, and a dark vest since it was kind of chilly out. He also had on a scarf that matched his shoes because he was feeling a bit hipster. "You look...Wow." The boy giggled a bit.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/3/2015, 9:39 pm

When Layne's eyes landed on August, his heart skipped a beat. There, looking like tall glass of man candy was the bae. "There's my lucky charm!" He squealed, looking him over. Damn was his outfit on point. "Thanks, Auggie. You look good too!" Layne exclaimed when he wrapped his arms around the son of Fortuna, his hands resting on his waist before letting go.

"Ready to get this party started?" He asked with a grin as he took his hand and led him into the restaurant. He entered locked his fingers with his as he led him to the front desk. "Table for two." the waitress nodded and took to them to a table by a window. Layne took his seat, scooting up to the table.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 3/6/2015, 12:31 am

ooc: The reason why I could not write this post is because I was laughing too hard.

bic:
    August felt his face grow hot at his newly (well, at least new to him) acquired pet name, then even more when he was complemented on his own appearance. He hugged Layne back tightly and released him at arms length. Gods did he like this kid. He couldn't pinpoint exactly what he liked most, but that's what made this fun.
    "Yeah, c'mon! He responded. With his fingers laced through Layne's, he followed him into the restaurant. It was as beautiful inside as it was on the outside: pillars on either side of the door, the common theme at Camp Jupiter of gold and purple, drapes casually yet artfully decorating the sides of the clear windows and the clothe of the tables. He'd only been in here once before when he was dragged along for his birthday one year. It managed to amaze him now as much as it did then.

Seated near a window, August scooched his chair up and glanced at the menu only for a second before he was distracted again by the thought of Layne. He placed his elbow on the table and rested his cheek on his fist, grinning at his date.
    "How's this semester going?" August asked, referring to new Rome's high school. He was enrolled as well, but their classes and schedule ended up being so different that he was barely able to see Layne much during school hours. He felt like he should say more, but that was the problem with being quiet. He didn't know what more to say.

Ooc: I am also officially referring to him as a tall glass of man candy from this point forth.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/6/2015, 4:55 pm

OOC: OH lol

BIC: Layne read his menu, clicking his tongue as he looked through main dishes, drinks, and deserts that went along with it. "My semester is going not very good. I honestly not doing good in Latin two. My brain isn't hardwired for this Latin stuff." For emphasis, he placed his menu flat on the table, looking August directly in his eyes. "Can you help me, sir?" Layne asked in a pouting face.

Soon a waiter with a basket of bread sticks. He asked them what they would like to have to drink.

"Um, I would like a strawberry lemonade please." The son of Euphrosyne stated with a eager smile.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 3/31/2015, 8:29 pm

August nodded in understanding. He felt the same way when he visited Camp Half-Blood and was forced to read Greek. He didn't understand what was so fascinating and easy about reading shapes and squiggles. He felt much better reading in Latin,  sometimes more than in English. Layne then asked is August could help him, and he couldn't help but feel an almost confident smirk grow.
    "Of course I'll help you." He said. he reached a hand across the table so that it rested near Layne's, not touching. He was still kind of his normal no-touchy self. Then, a waiter appeared (August could have sworn he saw him somewhere, maybe in the Coliseum) and asked what they waited to drink. "I'll take an iced tea, please" The waiter walked off with a smile and August turned back to Layne.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 4/1/2015, 9:13 pm

A wide smile smeared against his face when August said that he would help Layne in Latin. "Thanks, Auggie." He mused and touched his hand lightly with his own. The Greek demigod rubbed his thumb across the top of Auggie's hand, biting his lip a bit when he looked up at him. "So, what do you wanna do after this?"
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 4/11/2015, 1:20 am

August glanced down at their hands and chuckled softly, looking back to Layne's eyes. He felt really lucky to be there that evening, and just maybe that was his mom finally doing her job for him. Like, he didn't even have powers. The least she could do was hook him up with a date now and then. Especially if said date was with someone like Layne. Layne was awesome. "I'm not sure. Maybe we could go by the Tiber. It's really pretty in the evening."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 4/16/2015, 10:29 pm

"The Tiber? That sounds like fun." The Greek smiled and bit his lip, looking his date up and down. About two minutes later, the waiter came back with their drinks and set them in front. He then asked them what they wanted to ordered. Layne, being a bit more submissive to Auggie, allowed him to go first, nodding toward him.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 4/17/2015, 11:12 pm

"Then so be it." August's eyebrows quirked playfully for emphasis. He glanced at the newly arrived drinks and kindly thanked the waiter that brought them before sipping the tea. He looked to Layne when asked what they wanted to eat, expecting him to order first. When he didn't, August was mildly surprised. Layne was normally much more outspoken than Auggie. The son of Fortuna's eyes slid to the patient waiter, then his menu, then back. He bit his lip. "Uh...Ch-chicken tetrazzini, please?" What. He just ordered the first thing he saw. Note to self: do not have August make last minute decisions. He didn't even know what chicken tetrazzini was.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 4/21/2015, 9:54 pm

Layne giggled and clapped his hands a bit. "Uh, I'll take the meatball...uh." He bit the side of is cheek and looked at Auggie with embarrassment, touching the top of his blonde head. "Zucchini?" With that, the Greek completely butchered the word. When the waiter corrected him, he felt completely stupid, looking off to the side and playing with the ends of his shirt. The waiter left to put in the meal, leaving Layne and Auggie to themselves.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 4/24/2015, 6:04 pm

August's eyebrows knitted together as he looked over at Layne's menu, trying to see what he was trying to pronounce just in case he could help any. Even if he could, it was too late. Layne ordered, messing up the word pretty badly from what August guessed. The waiter corrected him then left with the orders. August felt like he should do something. He bit his lip unsurely. Then a thought came to him.
    "If it makes you feel any better, I have no idea what I ordered and I've lived here for three years." He tried for a smile. It was one of his patient ones so hopefully it did the trick.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 4/25/2015, 9:16 pm

Layne giggled, rustling his own hair. He did still feel like an idiot, but August helped with that. The Greek picked up his fork and started to mess with it before actaully dropping it under the table. He blushed deeply and looked directly at August, not knowing what to say. "Uhhh..I-I...That was a complete accident, I swear!" Gods this wasn't turning out to well.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 4/25/2015, 11:00 pm

August crinkled up his nose, shaking his head a little as if that would fix his hair. He gave a little laugh and took another drink of his tea, proud that he managed to make Layne feel at least a little better. It was nice when Layne smiled, and how he played with his fork was, well, cute. It made his stomach flutter. When Layne dropped his fork, August shook his head and held out a hand for Layne to wait.
    "It's fine, it's fine. I think it landed closer to me anyways." August glanced under the table and saw that he was correct. He crouched beneath the table. Once he found it, he stood up - only to slam his head against the table. August mumbled an explicit curse before returning to his seat, setting the fork on the table and rubbing the crown of his head. "We could ask the waiter for a new one when he, uh, comes back." Bruised, he still tried for a smile.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 5/1/2015, 10:00 pm

Blush filled his cheeks once again when he saw his date bend over and retrieve is fork for him. The son of Euphrosyne looked away, staring at the white table cloth. When August got up from the floor, Layne chuckled lightly before biting the tip of his index finger. "Boy toy named Troy used to live in Detroit.." He sang along to the song that was playing. He personally liked the song, thought it to be very creative and secular.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 5/2/2015, 9:01 pm

August felt like his heart was about to burst out of his chest whenever Layne laughed. He adjusted his black vest and looked away, focusing his view on the tile of the floor. Gods, he was afraid that at any minute he would mess up this whole thing so badly that there wouldn't be a second date, or worse: Layne would be driven away and they wouldn't even be friends. Here we go. Mama August was worrying as usual. The boy took a deep breath and turned back to the present where a song was playing. He listened closely and...
    "Is this...Nicki Minaj?" August's expression was a bit...taken aback. What. Then he a thought came to his head: He would bet ten denarii that it was one of his friends behind this. His face was a firetruck. "Fortuna give me strength."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 5/7/2015, 8:50 pm

Layne nodded his head and smiled widely. "It sure is. I love Nicki Minaj. Her music is so amazingly wicked!" His whole body posture changed, now perked up and eager. Sort of like a puppy. After about ten more minutes of them talking, the waiter returned with their dishes. The smell was amazing, seeming to hug their noses. "Alright! Time to dig in!" The Greek grabbed his fork and began to dive into his meal.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 5/31/2015, 6:26 pm

Lucky Charm Huoufk

"It sure is...that." August didn't know how else to respond, and that seemed like the safest way. He wasn't like he hated Nicki. He actually loved her! The song just...there is a specific time and place and an Italian restaurant with a cute boy before the entree had been served was not one. He was eager to change the subject so that his face could cool down, so the two talked for a bit until their food arrived. He politely thanked the waiter and began eating. The dish wasn't exactly what he expected it to be. He didn't like it very well. You'd think someone as picky as he was would be a little more critical of the menu before shouting a random order. August tried to drink some of his tea to forced it down. "It's not as good as I thought it would be." He mumbled to himself, immediately regretting it when he realized that might have sounded rude or annoying. He didn't want to drive Layne away with his complaining after all.

ooc: random august gif right there bc he's a dork
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 5/31/2015, 10:21 pm

Layne continued eating his food, but stopped when August made the comment about the food not tasting good. The Greek demigod frowned a bit and placed his hands in his lap after gently placing his fork on the plate. "I'm sorry you don't like it, Auggie...maybe you can come back to my place and have some dessert?" He offered up as a suggestion. He didn't want to sit there with August and have him not want to eat his food. Maybe Italian wasn't the way to go?
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/10/2015, 12:16 pm

"Nonono, wait. I didn't mean...It's just that..." August tried to recover over his comment by explaining, but it was too late. He bit the corner of his lip and rested his cheek on the palm of his hand. How could he fix this? Complaining was not the way to go for a first date, and he was just praying that he didn't ruin any future plans. Oh, gods, Layne probably wouldn't want to see him ever again.
    Whoa, calm down. August was stressing himself out for no reason. Again. He breathed again, this time putting on an apologetic smile.
    "It's fine. I'm just...weirdly picky about things. I'm sorry, I should have told you earlier." He hesitated, then reached out to loosely hold Layne's hand in his.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/10/2015, 10:42 pm

Layne looked down at his lap, then back up at August. "No, it's okay. I-I should've asked before making plans." He slowly put his hand in August's before paying for his meal and standing up. "I, uh, I really hope the rest of this date goes well...." The Greek tried to cheer up August. "Well I'm glad you told me. Maybe next time we can just...go to a movie." The son of Eurphrosyne stated, waiting for August to pay his own way.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/11/2015, 11:37 am

August felt really rotten, and respectfully so. Hearing Layne upset caused his heart to break a little. He suddenly felt a strong urge to make sure that didn't happen again. Then it was the fact that Layne tried to cheer him up that made August even more determined than before. He picked up the cash Layne had set on the table and gave it back to him, pulling out his own wallet and paying for both of the meals.
    "Layne, it's totally not your fault. I'm a tough one." August tried for a laugh to ease the tension in the air. With his hand in Layne's he walked out of the restaurant and towards the Little Tiber. He attempted to lighten the mood. "So you're saying that there is a next time then? I didn't screw up too badly just yet."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/18/2015, 9:41 am

Layne didn't say anything when August gave him back his money and pulled out his own. He didn't feel like making the date anymore awkward than it already was. "I'm well aware." Layne laughed some at his date's comment. Squeezing his head, the Greek twink rested his head on August's shoulder. "And of course there's a next time. You're not gonna get rid of me that easily." Layne teased, looking up at his date with a smile.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/19/2015, 2:28 am

August laughed, feeling in his comfort zone for a moment. Then Layne rested his head on his shoulder and his heart fluttered. His cheeks grew really warm and he knew that there was no use trying to hide it. Even if this was out of his comfort zone it felt...okay. He didn't want to cringe, or go into a "NO-TOUCHY" fit. When it was Layne he just felt, well, different. It was okay to hold hands and be close and share warmth. As long as it was reasonable and with his date, August didn't feel like moving away. He rested his cheek on top of Layne's head.
    "Can I ask you a question?" August asked after a while of comfortable silence, lifting his head to glance down at Layne. "Do you believe people can change? I don't mean, like, good or bad or necessarily a serious change. But like how a funny person turns offensive, or a sad person gets happy. You know?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/19/2015, 9:27 am

Layne thought for a moment before turning his head to look up at his date. "In my opinion, anyone can change if they're willing to..." The son of Euphrosyne wanted to wrap his arms around August and cuddle with him until he was forced to move off him, but he knew that he was already pushing his limits. "Why do you ask, Auggie? Is something wrong?" He asked, bringing up both of her hands and kissing his hand.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 2:38 am