A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

We Defy to Be Defined.

calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2014-03-11

We Defy to Be Defined. Empty We Defy to Be Defined.

Post by calvin 6/9/2015, 9:12 pm

I'm sorry, have we met?
    I walked down to the beach from my cabin because I needed to get my mind off of things. I ran to the shore and took in the salty smell of the water. I walked forward and stepped on top of the water. I ran on top of it and took a dive, letting the icy water invigorate me. I activated my breathing and swam down to make small talk with some of the fish. Well, not really. Fish aren't really too intelligent. I did get by with the dolphins, however. Hola, amigos! I said telepathically. Now is definitely not a good time, Jer. One said. Yes, One. His name is One. He's kind of a hipster. How do you mean? I asked, my accent taking over. Loan sharks. he told me. Well... You just holler if you need me. I said, swimming away and shooting back up to shore.
    Phirexas
    Phirexas

Male
    Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2014-04-14

We Defy to Be Defined. Empty Re: We Defy to Be Defined.

Post by Phirexas 6/14/2015, 1:06 am

OOC: Is it ok if I join you? With Blake Koritko?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 6/14/2015, 4:26 pm

OOC: Actually, this thread is private for me and him I think...

BIC: It was another sunny and hot afternoon and Arian had finished her training for today. She had spent some time at the infirmary too, helping out with a guy who had broken his leg falling from the climbing wall: ambrosia, bandaging, temporary cast and a few hours rest should make him fine again.
    After having left him in the good care of his boyfriend, she had gone to change in her cabin and was now jogging down the dunes with her surfboard under her arm. She had a white one-piece swimsuit zipped up her body and sandals at her feet, her glossy brown hair bouncing on her shoulder blades with every step.
    Finally the tan Italian demigod came to a stop on the sand, took her shoes off and put her bag on the ground before heading straight to the shore. It seemed she was alone this afternoon, which was weird. Normally she always had a couple of people running around here, doing beach volley or just sunbathing on their towels.

The water washed against her stomach as she waded in and she laid flat on her board, paddling forward and scanning the ocean for a wave worth the name.
    Phirexas
    Phirexas

Male
    Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2014-04-14

Post by Phirexas 6/14/2015, 4:40 pm

OOC: OK
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 7/2/2015, 8:02 pm

I SHOULD HELP HER OUT
    Swimming was a fun little hobby of mine. I loved it, more than anything. Sometimes I'd spend hours on end just floating on top of the water. But, some people don't understand the wonders of the beachfront. It was just as good. A place to unwind, a place to relax. I loved it.

I hadn't realized there was another person there with me. The beach was typically empty at this time in the day. She was scanning the water for a wave, not one in sight. I figured I could help her out. I raised my hand and the water rose with it. I curved my hand and the water took the shape of a wave. I pulled my hand toward me and let the water go, the wave falling toward the girl. You're welcome! I yelled, in an effort for her to hear me.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/4/2015, 9:06 am

Suddenly, water rolled up into a wave, flowing towards her. By Apollo, it's a pipe! Arian didn't lose a second and faced the shore with her board, paddling. Just as her surfboard was getting picked up by the wave, she stood up on it, knees bent and feet apart and leaned to the side, turning. Her board obeyed the commands of her legs and she glided up the curve of the wave, a streak of white foam forming behind her as she snaked across the glittering water. Cold droplets sprinkled her olive skin while she turned and slid across the wave, just having fun -- it felt like flying. She was seemingly weightless. The muscles of her thighs tensed to make the board turn and obey her while the wave curved above her head, edged with foam. The sky blurred into water, and she knew she had a couple of moments left. But she wanted to make it last longer, stretch out the amazing feeling, her fingertips brushing the wave as she raced forward. She wanted to suspend time, she wanted to stay in this incredible euphoric moment...  
    Then the wave started bending more around her, about to crash down, and she had no time left: she cut through the water, gliding effortlessly but with enough speed to jump over the top of the wave at the end, grabbing the edge of her board while spinning around once completely through the air, then diving into the sea.

A column of fresh white bubbles engulfed her, her hair floating upwards; Arian stayed like this for a couple of moments, simply enjoying the feeling of being in the ocean, then gave two hard strokes and broke the surface, trying to spot her board. She felt that familiar mix of euphoria, disbelief and craving: euphoria because of the wave she just rode, disbelief at how great it was, and craving for more, always more. Arian was addicted, pretty much.
    Just at that moment, she heard a voice calling, "You're welcome!" somewhere to her right and turned her head. A guy was there, roughly her age, with tan skin and dark hair. She managed to make out his features and recognized him as one of the kids of the Minor Water Gods cabin (being popular, she made it her job to know who everyone at Camp is, and she remembered this guy having dated one of her popular friends last year).

"That was you?" she asked, a large smile on her face. Her blue-green eyes were sparkling. "Thank you so much, that was amazing!" The Italian girl managed to grab her board and swam over to the boy, her soaked brown hair glistening with water.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/14/2016, 5:44 pm

ALL IN A DAY'S WORK
    Jeremy watched as the girl cut through the water with grace, diving into the water like a naiad at the end. He liked this girl. From what he'd seen, she was much like him. He'd seen her around camp often, never really making much verbal interaction. She seemed pretty popular and he didn't want to risk embarrassment. He tried to remember her name. Ariana? Ariel? Arian! That was it.

Jeremy winked at Arian as she thanked him. All in a day's work. he says, grinning and running his hand through his hair. Arian, is it? he asks, extending his hand for her to shake. Jeremy. Jeremy Summers. he says with a smile.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/15/2016, 4:46 am

Arian shook his hand. "I know you, you're a son of Briareus right?" That explained the wave. He was very good-looking (like a lot of demigods), with blue eyes and a very chiseled jaw for a teenager. "Do you surf?"
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/15/2016, 12:56 pm

ALL IN A DAY'S WORK
    Indeed I am. Jeremy said, lightning arcing across his fingertips. Ah, yeah, I do surf a bit. Jeremy says. I guess its given that I like anything to do with water. Jeremy laughs. But, ah, you're an Apollo kid. I kinda took you for a sunbathing musician.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/15/2016, 5:06 pm

"Wow, is electricity that close to the water really a good idea? I don't want to get fried," Arian chuckled, moving away slightly. "Sunbathing musicians... yeah, kind of sums us up quite honestly."
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/17/2016, 6:23 pm

CHILL
    Ah, come on. Chill out. Jeremy says. It's not enough to hurt anyone, even with water. Trust me. I control them both. he chuckles.

So if you're sunbathing musicians, what're you doing out here? Jeremy asks. I mean sure, you usually sunbathe on a beach, but you're kind of... in the water.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/17/2016, 6:58 pm

"Surfing," she replied, gesturing to the board floating a few feet behind her. "I thought you saw me," she joked with a chuckle. "What about you, did you just go on a quick field trip to Atlantis? Wouldn't surprise me if you had to be honest."
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 10/23/2016, 11:10 am

OOC: I'm so sorry for going four months without replying, I've just been going through some things that I'd rather not get into. Honestly, I'm still not even sure if I'm ready to come back. I will, however, try my best to reply.

BIC: "Ah, no. No Atlantis." Jeremy says. "Not today, at least." he jokes, with a wink. "I did make some small talk with a couple dolphis, though." he continues, with a laugh. "Being a water child is a trip, man."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/3/2016, 8:32 am

OOC: Mate, do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Just know you're always welcome and appreciated here.

BIC: Arian chuckled. "I can tell. Wish I could talk to dolphins," she wistfully added. She grabbed her surfboard and pulled herself on top of it, laying on her stomach. Her wet hair stuck sleek and dark to her shoulder blades. "Can you breathe underwater, like Percy?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content