A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Broklynne Swift, daughter of Dionysus

nyboul
    nyboul

Female
    Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2015-10-07

Broklynne Swift, daughter of Dionysus Empty Broklynne Swift, daughter of Dionysus

Post by nyboul 10/13/2015, 8:32 pm

Name: Broklynne  Swift
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Dirty Slivery Blonde
    Height: 5'3
    Body Type: hourglass
    Skin Color: a light tan
    God Parent: Dionysus
    Mortal Parent: Margaret-Allen
    Country of Origin: England
    Pets: None
    Talents: Acting
    Weapon**: Celestial Bronze sword although she has novice skills
    Personality: Sarcastic and humorous. Though once you get to know her she is very nice and loyal which is different from when you first meet her. At first glance one would to think that she is shy and rude. Though her sense of humour is kinda offending she loves to make people laugh and when she messes up she tries to cover it by a joke.
    Flaws: Most of the time she overthinks things, very sensitive to pain, takes forever to fall asleep and once she does she only sleeps for a short amount of time before waking up really early and her choice in food is very small meaning that she is very picky.
    Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional): none
    Powers (must relate to god parent; optional): can control at most to 6 vines by growing them but only for about 6 posts so she can have time if she uses it on a enemy to run away. Her cooldown is 5 posts. The vines can be 4 feet long and 1 inch wide at most. She can only use it when she is 10 feet away.
    Life Before Camp*: Brokelynne has always thought that something has been weird in her life. Her mother has never talked about her father and married again before Brokelynne was one year old. Though the man that her mother had married had been a violent drunk, Brokelynne had never told her mother. Once her mother had found out she divorced and spent the rest of her time in her work trying to get money to pass the two buy. Brokelynne helps her mother in her shop the times she is off school and was always doing the school plays. When she was 11 she was attacked by a cyclops and a satyr saved her along with bringing her to camp to this day she hasn't bothered to ask how they found her, probably by her scent. The cyclops found her when she was on the walk home, she had taken a short cut through the woods.
    RP Example*: Running was never something I was good at but I guess you can run faster while being chased. A loud, thunderous roar echoed behind me and I slipped through the dark trees. The tree leaves brushed against my skin and I yelped when I heard it roar once more, it felt as if it rattled through my bruised and sore body. Earlier today once the play rehearsal  I had started my walk back to the house when I felt as if someone, maybe even something, was watching me so I had taken off running. Every since then the heavy footsteps that were rythmaticly falling on the ground and every so often a thunderous roar rang out in annoyance, perhaps because it hasn't caught me yet.
    Any notes about your characters: You may be wondering why she is from England. I just like the country and figured it would be cool to have a character from a different country so people could get used to something different. Before she was born her mother had traveled to England, where her mom met her step father, John, before moving back a few years after she was born.

Last edited by nyboul on 10/23/2015, 6:26 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Touching up on the character.)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Broklynne Swift, daughter of Dionysus Empty Re: Broklynne Swift, daughter of Dionysus

Post by Kendall 10/13/2015, 8:38 pm

For her body type, I assume you mean hourglass?

You don't need a pet.

Add more to her personality.

Add another flaw.

I don't think being strong is necessarily an ability? These generally relate to the god parent, and strength isn't really in Dionysus' realm.

Changing form would not be allowed.

How did your character get to camp?
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Broklynne Swift, daughter of Dionysus Empty Re: Broklynne Swift, daughter of Dionysus

Post by moriarty 10/14/2015, 6:27 pm

Please post that you edited so the approvers know when to come back to your form.

-How many vines can she control at once? For how long can she control them?

-Do the vines already have to be there, or can she grow them?
    nyboul
    nyboul

Female

Post by nyboul 10/14/2015, 8:28 pm

edited..
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 10/14/2015, 10:33 pm

Please put the limits in posts, like "She can do this for 4 posts with a 5 post cooldown" rather than in minutes.

How many vines can she control at once?

Also yes phan
    nyboul
    nyboul

Female

Post by nyboul 10/15/2015, 4:08 pm

edited
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 10/15/2015, 9:00 pm

all you're missing now is a cooldown. i would suggest 5 or 6 posts.
    nyboul
    nyboul

Female

Post by nyboul 10/16/2015, 12:27 pm

edited
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 10/16/2015, 4:09 pm

Broklynne Swift, daughter of Dionysus Tumblr_mi30btAdSG1rsuhkfo8_500

Approved!
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/16/2015, 4:14 pm

[Unapproving real fast to ask a few more questions. Sorry, you two.]

Powers:
    - What are the dimensions of the largest vines she can control?
    - Also, I think 10 posts per use is excessive, please tone that down to around 6-7 (larger limit acceptable if the vines are smaller, but 7 is as far as I'd go).
    - How far away at most can she be from the vines to use them?

LBC:
    - How did the Cyclops and the satyr find her? Hold old was she when this happened?

Notes:
    - Just to let you know, just because most gods are super strong, change their form, and can teleport doesn't mean their kids can do it too.

Last edited by Kendall on 10/18/2015, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    nyboul
    nyboul

Female

Post by nyboul 10/18/2015, 7:33 pm

edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/21/2015, 8:49 am

Powers:
    - Er. If you want you can make your vines larger -- like 4 feet long and maybe .5-1 inch thick? Those vines don't seem good for much except tripping people unless that's what you want.

LBC:
    - At the age of 8 I don't think her scent would have been all too strong if she were in an environment with lots of mortal smells, so maybe bump up her age a couple of years to 11-12? (The closer to 13 and above the stronger her scent.)
    - Where did the Cyclops attack her?

Other than these I think you're good unless I have another few questions on your next edit.
    nyboul
    nyboul

Female

Post by nyboul 10/25/2015, 6:02 pm

edited
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 10/29/2015, 5:08 am

Broklynne Swift, daughter of Dionysus Seal-of-approval_zpsdaksgilo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 12:45 am