A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

why are you talking to me

sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder
    This user coded the site!

Female
    Number of posts : 1828
    Registration date : 2012-09-10

why are you talking to me Empty why are you talking to me

Post by sienna 5/30/2016, 8:01 pm

Paisley was absolutely done with her ultra expensive private school. The least they could do is make the uniform actually look decent. The shoes were an abomination to fashion, and so stiff that her feet hurt by the end of the day. School usually left her in an awful mood. She crossed the border to camp while taking a bite out of an apple. All she felt like doing was changing into her own clothes and heading to the arena to beat up on some new kid with an attitude problem. There were plenty of those here. Her hair was tied in a messy bun, not the actual messy buns but the ones that take like ten minutes to do to achieve that perfect level of messiness. Her wrist was adorned with a very expensive charm bracelet that was given to her by her parents for missing three piano recitals in a row when she was eleven. At least her nanny had shown up then.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

why are you talking to me Empty Re: why are you talking to me

Post by Metilinos 5/31/2016, 2:39 pm

Crossing the border into Camp Half Blood was weird to Andrew. Crossing the Mexican border was an entire process, and the Canadian border was fun, but it was the same exact deal. Hopping on a plane anywhere you had to go through a whole screening process. So why was it so simple to walk into a place that dealt with kids and magic? There wasn't even signs or entry fanfare, save for the one sign out front. Andrew sighed. "There should be more fanfare." He muttered quietly, which earned him a spiteful glare from the wolf next to him. He still hadn't forgiven her for cheating in that game of I spy.

He crossed paths with a girl, and normally likely wouldn't have commented. There wasn't much to do at Half-Blood Hill, sure there was a view, but it got dull once you'd seen it so many times. However, when he glanced at her face, he just had to comment. "Je-sus!" Andrew said, stopping feet away from her. Netha had stopped too, standing at his side, giving the empty glare she usually did. "Whoa, your eyebrows are-" Andrew paused, squinting to get a better look. "Is that natural, or do you do them like that, orrrr....." He trailed off. "I can't tell. That might be professional, or it could absolutely be that you are just an angry person. Or, I mean, it could be both, I'm not really an eyebrow expert."
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 5/31/2016, 7:52 pm

Paisley stopped in her tracks when the guy talked to her. She wasn't used to people talking to her when she was walking home from school. Maybe it was her resting b!tch face or something. Then again she also wasn't used to people talking about her eyebrows like that. From the way he said it she couldn't tell if it was a compliment or not.

"Don't you think it's a bit rude to go around pointing out parts of stranger's appearances?" She asked, completely refusing to answer his question. Sure, her eyebrows were professionally done. Her mother would expect nothing less. Although she had let the girls from the Aphrodite cabin do them a couple times. Nice girls, but there was a tendency to gossip. Paisley found it to be very similar to her mother's book club. At least the Aphrodite girls know how to party.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 5/31/2016, 10:07 pm

Andrew shrugged. "Oh, come on, don't say it like that." He inquired. Man, why had people been so sensible and so willing to give the benefit of the doubt. "Usually people get all offended, like, wildly offended, which makes it a lot easier to feel justified." Andrew threw out there, with the expression on his face that that was usual conversation. Netha sat beside him, staring at the girl, as she always did to anyone Andrew talked to. If she could talk, she would probably have said something like "Great, this again" in a wildly sarcastic tone.

"Besides, it's rude to rob banks and cheat on your spouse, but people do it." Andrew said, as though he was raising a very valid point. "Okay, for real though, not trying to offend you, but they're like, surprisingly pleasant and lethal. It makes me want to get you mad just so I can see if you can pierce my soul with a glare." Andrew, for once, thought maybe he was going too far. He liked to have the fun, but he didn't want to ruin a stranger's day. It was easier to throw these things around when a person already disliked him.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 5/31/2016, 10:38 pm

Paisley was pleasantly surprised he wasn't actually trying to be catty. Her very serious expression softened just a little bit. She stared at him, and then threw a glance towards the wolf by his side. She couldn't tell what his goal was, though sometimes she forgets that not everybody needs an ulterior motive when talking to people.

"Yes, people rob banks and cheat on their spouses, yet many forget there are consequences to those. You get arrested, go to jail, or your spouse walks in when your pants are around your ankles..." she let her voice trail off, deciding not to add 'and you end up with an unplanned pregnancy' to the end. Bit too personal there.

"My look has been known to kill, but only if there's a level 4 as$hole present. Or a particularly annoying monster." She was actually quite proud of that quip, but she didn't show it.

Last edited by Sienna on 5/31/2016, 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 5/31/2016, 11:12 pm

"Not necessarily." Andrew commented. "You ever seen Ocean's 11? Or, what's that one, the old one? Dog Day Afternoon, my dad loves that movie. I guess that one ends with one dying and one going to jail... but Ocean's 11, that one was a successful bank robbery, so they do happen. As for affairs, as gross as they are, like, grosser than stepping on geese poop in bare feet, they apparently happen a lot. And people, if smart, probably get away with them." Andrew concluded the mouth-full, before pausing. "Point is, it's more of a gamble than a trade."

Netha remained motionless, except for glancing up at Andrew once he was done his over-doing of a simple explanation. He simply shrugged at the wolf. The utterly disappointed wolf.

"Anyway, a level four a$$hole, huh? I'm thinking I could top that easily. Either way, that's a heck of a boast. Hit me with your best shot, look at me like I'm wearing a Nickelback t-shirt." Andrew said. "Or, if it would make your more angry, pretend I just made a Shia Lebouf joke. Those are getting pretty stale."
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 5/31/2016, 11:45 pm

Paisley raised an eyebrow. She hasn't seen Ocean's 11, nor has she seen Dog Day Afternoon. But she was pretty sure the chances of people getting away with bank robbery were pretty slim in real life. She knew a couple bankers, and none talked about heists. It was usually stock market stuff, or sports. Pretty boring.
    "Just because they can get away with it doesn't mean they should. Besides, cheating on someone usually means you're not the sharpest tool in the shed." It was funny, both of her parents had cheated on each other and gotten caught. Yet they're still together. Paisley wasn't about to call them geniuses.
    "Its gonna take more than a nickleback t-shirt to reach level 4." She commented, "You have to do some seriously messed up stuff."
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 6/1/2016, 12:05 am

"I'll meet you halfway. Robbing a bank isn't so bad. As long as you don't hurt anyone, hey, at least you're pissing off a CEO who has a solid chance of being a really crappy person, right? But, I'll agree with you on the affairs. People shouldn't do them, but, hey, if they can't control themselves, I doubt they really deserved a husband or wife in the first place." Andrew paused and counted to himself. Huh, his mom had technically had kids with three men and still hadn't ever cheated. That was solid work. "Fair enough? Unless you're a bank enthusiast. I assume you're not though. Well, maybe, I guess banks can suck. Waiting in lines. Counting coins. Ew."

"Yikes, that's not enough for a level four? I mean. I broke up with my last girlfriend because she told me I had to spend less time with my wolf. I once spit in punch to stop people from drinking from it because it was spiked. Oh! I once accidentally got someone to tell their girlfriend that "cheese is beautiful" when he was first asking her out. Not the worst stuff, but, come on, I'm trying hard. I want to see the glare. Usually I've gotten the glare out of someone minutes ago."

sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/1/2016, 12:18 am

Okay, so she agreed with him on the CEO thing. Almost every CEO that she had met (and trust me, that was saying something) had been annoyingly arrogant. Actually, they were about as annoying as this kid. She had half a mind to laugh at his bank comment, but then he had to go and talk about her death look again. Maybe she had continued along the conversation as a joke, but now she was getting sick of it.
    "God, will you shut up?" She snapped, finally having enough, "I get that you're a bit of an a$shole, but you're an as$hole in an annoying, D grade comedy way. Now leave me alone."
    She started to walk away, wondering why she had even stopped to talk in the first place. Maybe she was hoping that she had finally met someone who didn't give her a headache. Sadly she was very wrong.
    [/quote]
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 6/1/2016, 11:07 pm

In a normal circumstance, someone getting angry would have Andrew immediately at their throats with insults, though they usually deserved it, in this case he felt a little guilty, but only a smidgen. He did get a glance at what her angry face looked like, though he wasn't convinced it was at its worst. "Wait, how can you be an a$$hole in a not annoying way?" Andrew asked. Okay, maybe that one was just egging her on to get angry. Netha had taken an angry expression, as angry as a wolf could, and simply stared at the girl walking away. Despite Andrew's idiotic antics, Netha had sworn to always protect him.

"Oh, come on, that's such a load of crap, I deserve way more credit than Jeff Dunham and Dane Cook!" Andrew argued in response to the comment on D-list comedians. "But uh, I didn't mean to piss you off. It's just, kind of a thing, a talent." Andrew half-explained, but sheepishy. He'd gotten into many arguments in camp and even fights, usually because his stubbornness was ridiculous. However, it wasn't his goal for anyone's day to be ruined if they hadn't wronged him. Generally his only rule was to not make someone feel bad about being themselves, and the rest was fair game. But if he instigated on occasion he would feel bad.

Not bad enough to chase her down or put together a bigger apology, as he didn't even know her, but still bad enough to at least give a glimpse of a point of view, even if it was a crappy one.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/4/2016, 11:31 pm

Of course it wasn't over yet. Usually when people walk away, that signals the end of the conversation. But not with this guy, apparently. Paisley could've lied and said she had something important to do, she could've continued to stomp down the hill and ignore the shoutings. Instead, she turned on her heel, and gave the boy what he wanted to see most. But she wasn't done yet.
    "Oh, you've made that painfully clear," She said bitterly in response to him revealing his not so hidden talent. Every ounce of anger that had built up over the day seemed to come out at once. No yelling, but instead words that seemed to be made of acid. "it's a good thing too, you don't want to lead people on having them believe you're a decent person. So... congrats."
    She continued down the hill, hoping that was enough to keep him from believing they could actually get along. To plant the seed in his head that she was the type of girl to ruin reputations with so much as a sentence. She wasn't the type to gain friends in a day. After all, sweetness didn't suit her.  

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 2:24 am