A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

From the Water's Edge

ZephixVI

Male
    Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2016-01-09

From the Water's Edge Empty From the Water's Edge

Post by ZephixVI 7/27/2016, 2:53 am

Walking down the dock of the lake, Elise stretched her arms overhead tiredly. It wasn't quite early morning, but it wasn't the afternoon yet either. Elise simply hadn't made her way outside today, excluding when she went for breakfast. Even if she were already awake, the melancholy feeling the lake gave her probably wouldn't have done much to help her here. Being around the water simply relaxed her. She found that a little bit ironic due to her lineage. Her mom and Poseidon didn't exactly have a friendly history. Sure, Annabeth and Percy were together, but she figured two kids dating wouldn't dispel any ill-will between gods. Especially if it was a couple of millennia old. Elise knew that the God of the Ocean had better things to do than capsize children, but she usually didn't really want to stray too far into the ocean to push. She loved it, but she could be content with the lake. She could always ride the river to the ocean, if only for a little bit. She figured Daeseung was good for quelling fears.

Speaking of which... that brought her to who exactly she was here with.

Hwan Daeseung. Daughter of Deimos. God of Terror. She was a little older than Elise, but that never stopped her from viewing someone as her equal, even if a bit brashly at times. After all, Elise had recently turned 16, so of course she could talk to older kids. The two had met at prom that year and had seemed to really hit it off. Since then Elise had found herself gravitating toward her a little more if she wanted to socialize with somebody. ... You know, when she would actually be social instead of burying her head in her work. Daeseung was actually the one who'd dragged her out here, which led to why she was feeling so groggy. She just hadn't planned this.

Honestly, above all else, Elise was just surprised that she got along with the girl as well as she did. The girl had always figured that a child of a god that capitalized on fear would be a terrible person to socialize with. In fact, Daeseung had scared her when they first met with an over-sized-fake-illusion ant. But that was it. Past that... well, nothing. And that wasn't even one of her greater fears. Elise had to appreciate that she didn't want to scare her too badly. As an Athena kid, it wasn't really a secret as to what set her off. Or maybe Dae knew better than to scare a child of Athena with spiders. Annabeth almost straight up murdered the Stoll kid when he put a fake spider in her bed. Elise liked to think she'd handle that with a bit more grace, but she knew she'd probably have had the same reaction as her older sister did.

Listening tiredly to the rhytmic sound the wood planks made as she walked over them in her blue Converse, Elise rubbed her eyes as she approached the canoe towards the end of the dock. It was a hot day on the water, so she dressed simply in her camp shirt and jean shorts.

"Alright Dae, I'm here, happy now?" She grinned teasingly with a yawn. She was actually pretty happy to be doing this. "So you ready to push off into the water, or do you still need to pack anything? Because I think water would be good for you to have," she concluded with a simple shrug, tossing her drawstring bag into the canoe.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

From the Water's Edge Empty Re: From the Water's Edge

Post by Morgan Landry 7/29/2016, 5:26 am

"Why have water when you have iced tea?" The Korean demigod got to her feet and grinned. She was glad Elise had actually come -- she was so deep into her books all the time it was near impossible to drag her outside during free periods. Daeseung was quite the opposite: whenever she had an hour or two, she'd grab a pegasus and fly over the ocean, explore the woods, play volleyball or try knife throwing.

Today though, they were going to kayak for lunch. Her backpack was safely stored in a closed plastic bin at the end of the kayak: she had put in sandwiches, two bags of crisps, some fruit and a thermos full of tea. Perfect for an impromptu picknick.

"Grab a paddle and man the deck, matey, it's time to set sail," she said in a gruff pirate voice and stepped down into the wobbly boat.

OOC: She's in leggings and bikini top with a shirt thrown on top. She's got skin shoes and kayak gloves, and her hair is up in a curly ponytail. Her skin's a little shiny with sunscreen.
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 7/29/2016, 2:10 pm

"Because water hydrates you better, of course," Elise replied with a sarcastic grin. Okay, so she totally knew what she meant by that, but she couldn't pass up the smartass comment. "Hey, iced tea is great too. I've always loved an Arnold Palmer, although I can see you've prepared more than enough food from here." Grinning, she began lowering herself into the front seat of their newly crowned vessel.

"You know, I'm almost one hundred percent sure that Greek Pirates didn't talk like that," Elise teased, glancing back. Taking a moment to analyze Daeseung's face, Elise lightly hit herself in the head. "Crap, I forgot... hey, you got anymore sunscreen? I uh... I don't tan terribly well."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/31/2016, 3:47 am

"This should keep you safe," she said, tossing her the sun spray."I'd put some on the back if I were you, in case we swim. Or capsize." Cracking another one of her crooked grins, she took her paddle from the dock.
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 7/31/2016, 4:51 am

Elise took the sun spray with a sideways grin. This quickly turned into a surprised, maybe even slightly bashful smile as she uncapped the container, beginning to spray down her arms.

"Oh yeah, huh? I uh... I don't think I'm exactly dressed to swim under this shirt. I was kind of half awake when I left my cabin and I didn't quite..." I didn't think of it, she thought. She shook her head. She was always used to covering all the details, she tended to get embarrassed when she let the little things slip through the cracks. "But you talk about capsizing as if that's a goal for the day. I know you've got a thing for fear Dae, but nothing about you is bad enough to make that happen. I hope. Play nice," she smiled, trying to quickly move on from her embarrassment. She realized she may be a bit hard on herself for things so small, but she couldn't help it at times. She knew it was a bit stupid. Ugh, why did people have to get self-conscious?

Juggling the canister from one hand to the other, Elise quickly covered herself in a layer of sun spray, giving her skin a complexion much like her friends, if not much paler. Taking the paddle in her right hand, she lowered it's tip into the water to the left of the boat. "Let's just see if we capsize at all though, huh?" She teased.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/12/2016, 3:49 pm

"Don't tempt me," the Asian said with a wink, propping her paddle against the dock and pushing the kayak away. The boat glided softly on the lake's surface, and Daeseung started rowing in sync with Elise, aiming for the center of the lake. From there you had a panoramic view of the surroundings including the little stream that led to the Zephyros creek.

"Been sleepin' in then, huh?" she asked as they rowed, her muscles rolling under her skin. "Late night battle plans?"
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 8/13/2016, 2:04 am

"I'll do my best not to, I'm just saying..." Elise gave a tired smile, letting Dae push the two off away from the dock.

Dipping her paddle just beneath the surface of the water, Elise began to slowly push the boat forward. She rowed in small strokes, slow strokes. She wanted to keep the boat gently gliding across the waters surface. It probably would have even been enough to put her to sleep if she wasn't tired at all.  The sound of the water lapping against the stern. The gentle sound of the waves reaching the shore. The breeze blowing through her hair. Everything was telling her to sit back and shut her eyes for an hour or two. She wanted to think Hypnos was just having a laugh at her expense, but she couldn't help but feel she really needed this.

... How stupid did that sound? She'd just gotten out here.

The Daughter of Athena had barely shut her eyes before being startled back awake. If you asked her what happened, she'd tell you she recovered so gracefully Dae never would have even realized she was sleeping, even if only for a moment. Daeseung, however, would most likely tell a different story.

"... Yea, just a bit." Elise knew there was no point in trying to save her pride in this situation. The Daughter of Deimos was more than a little observant. "Malcolm nailed me in Capture the Flag again. I swear, I'm going to beat him one of these days. I'm just trying not to make my lack of sleep too noticeable," she explained. Setting her paddle to her side, she grabbed hold of the edge of the boat and dunked her head into the water.

She had to shock herself awake.

Pulling herself back up, she shook her head. "Okay, I'm good." She picked her paddle back up, rowing in whatever direction Daeseung was leading them. "... So where are we even heading?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/16/2016, 5:33 pm

"Dude. You seriously need to sleep." Dae Seung eyed her every now and then suspiciously, as if she expected her to fall out the boat at any given point. She knew what over exhaustion could be like, and it wasn't pretty."For a daughter of Athena, you're supposed to make smart choices," she continued. "And that, well, sorry to break it to you darling but it's not exactly smart."
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 8/16/2016, 8:16 pm

Elise gave a resigned sigh. "Yea, I know... I'll admit it's certainly not one of my best calls," she admitted in a huff. She didn't want to be lectured, but she knew she kind of deserved it. Either way, she wouldn't be able to defend herself even if she wanted to. "I just uh... got a bit caught up in it. But I promise, I'm good to go here, really. It's good to relax, I promise I won't be capsizing us anytime soon. But uh... you're certainly right." She hated when people worried, but she realized it was probably good for her. "... Thanks for the concern though," she smiled.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/27/2016, 5:42 pm

Dae Seung smiled to herself. Nothing got Athena kids back on track than putting their intelligence on the spot.

"Looking at the bright side though... I guess you're all set for Capture the Flag on Friday then? Remember, you and I are on the same time. Better not let me down," she whispered with a creepy chuckle.
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 9/2/2016, 8:34 pm

Elise shuddered with a light chuckle. "Ugh, dude, you know you creep me out when you talk like that. I can never tell what you're planning," she teased. "I'll do my best to not disappoint. I'm not planning on losing again, but Malcolm is good. Even I have to admit that."

It was true; her brother seemed to manage to get the best of her more often than not. Elise figured it was because he was a bit more experienced than she was, but his calm demeanor was probably helping him too. Elise more or less... well she could be a bit more rash.

"Just don't make me carry you all the way to the flag or we'll never win, yea?" She smiled, banking a light turn to the left. "Honestly most of my planning so far has just been positioning some Apollo kids for flanking maneuvers. Hard to find choke points in a forest like that."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 8:36 am