A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Race planning (solo, flashback)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Race planning (solo, flashback) Empty Race planning (solo, flashback)

Post by Morgan Landry 1/6/2017, 9:40 pm

"So, what are we going to do about that chariot race?"

It was a sunny Friday afternoon and the two girls were sitting outside the barracks with cold drinks. They had been paired together for the upcoming chariot race and Laure had been pleasantly surprised to see that Lindia shared her hungry enthusiasm for the track. However, the praetors had thrown in a twist this time: to participate, contestants had to build their own chariots. Neither of the two were big carpenters, which already put them at a disadvantage next to the pair of Vulcan kids from the Fourth, who had already finished theirs and kept adding a lot of nasty-looking extras like razor nets and flamethrowers.  

"I went to one of the libraries and got plans," Laure said, taking out an armful of scrolls from her purse. "But the designs are quite dated, we'd need to make them more aerodynamic."

Lindia scoffed. "What do you know about aerodynamic?"

"I'll have you know, I read just as many fashion revues as Lamborghini magazines. I know a lot about fast cars. Better than that," she added, "I know a lot about what makes a car fast. And if I'm right, that means we must make a few changes here and here," she said, showing Lindia on the blueprints.

She started explaining her construction ideas to her team mate,  going into some technical details that caught Lindia off guard. As much as it pained her to admit it, Laure's plan wasn't half bad. It actually sounded pretty reasonable.

"You've raced before right?" she asked after some time. Lindia herself had arrived only a month ago -- all she had done were war games and gladiator fights.

"I won my first race when I was twelve, two years ago," Laure replied, making careful modifications on the scroll with a pencil. "It was pretty funny. I was some tiny probatio, a rookie with no experience. Of course, no one took me seriously. I used that to my advantage." She twirled a lock of hair around one finger. "When the race started, I stayed back. People in the front, they fight and struggle and try to knock others off track. Nobody cared about me, so I remained behind and watched the legionnaires ahead take each other out one by one. Not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting to see that much blood. Eventually, there were only two chariots left in front of me." She chuckled. "They were bruised and injured, their horses were exhausted. The last thing they expected was to have the little twelve-years-old shoot past them with a fresh, almost intact chariot. Oh, sure, they tried to catch up. But they had asked a lot of their horses already and mine were just getting started." A little smile appeared on her lips. "My mother made rose petals rain on me that day. They fell straight from the sky, and I was claimed. That's why my cognomen is Rosea, by the way."

Lindia cocked an eyebrow, trying not to look or sound impressed. She wouldn't have thought a stupid gossip like Laure would have that in her. Finally, she settled for a detached: "Uh...Cool."

"Here, blueprints. We need to get them to the forge and see what we can do from there. Also, we need to think about offensives."

"Offensives?"

"Stuff that we can throw at other people. Things that will destroy their wheels or make the chariot flip. You're a daughter of Trivia, what exactly can you do with your magic?"

Lindia's mouth curled into a smirk. "Give me some lead and I'll make you curse tablets like you've never seen before."

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 11:25 am