A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

New Competition

avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male
    Number of posts : 94
    Registration date : 2017-01-09

New Competition Empty New Competition

Post by avandewiele 1/19/2017, 10:18 pm

Alex yawned and stretched, then hopped out of bed and threw on a blue tee and basketball shorts, already knowing what he wanted to do. A quick glance at the cloud-shaped clock on the wall of the wind god's cabin told him he had woken up with more than enough time. He picked up his volleyball and walked out the door of his cabin, ready for some early morning practice. He had made the team back at his last High School, and it was one of his favorite sports. The volleyball was a gift from his mom on his birthday a year ago, and he had brought it with him both to remind himself of her and, as he was about to do, play with. He tossed the ball in the air as he walked, humming a quick little tune to wake himself up. The ball would spin in the air before he caught it again, and he began playing a little contest against himself, seeing how many times he could get it to spin before catching it while still having it land in his path. Every so often he would use his newfound ability-making the wind gust in different directions--to keep the ball on course.
    The son of Zephyros was still clearing the early morning fog from his mind, so he barely noticed when he saw another boy with a ball playing on the court too. He became instantly more alert, grinning and speeding up. It would be nice to have someone else to play with, even though he was fairly sure he would win against just about anyone at this camp. As he got to the light sand that lined the edge of the court, he kicked off his sandals and called over to the other boy, "Hey! want to play?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

New Competition Empty Re: New Competition

Post by Green 1/19/2017, 11:21 pm

New Competition Tumblr_inline_ngdg9rCsVK1sggcf2
    Lorne turned his head when he heard another voice at the volleyball court. He had also woke up early to get in some game time before starting his demigod schedule with the rest of his cabin. A handful of them also headed out to go either to the basketball court or the chariot race track to get some practice in.

Nowadays, Lorne was either playing sports on a court, racing, or spending time with a certain son of Ares. Jackson was always on his mind almost as much as a healthy competition. He was currently wearing a gray sleeveless hoodie, black sweatpants, and Nike shoes.

"Are you sure you want to put yourself through that kind of humiliation?" Okay, so maybe Jackson was right about him being cocky, but it was for good reason! He excelled in sports.
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/19/2017, 11:25 pm

Alex cocked an eyebrow at the other boy's cocky response. He thought he might have seen him around before with some of the Ares kids. They were all strong, but usually not too bright. "I think I'll risk it," he responded suavely. He walked over to the other side of the court and tossed his ball up, the jumped and brought his arm down on it quickly. It sailed over the net, propelled a little extra by some wind Alex hadn't even intended to conjure. Your move, he thought.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/19/2017, 11:58 pm

Lorne quickly dove down and hit the ball back over the net. Thanks to his godly genes, his reflexes and skills were slightly heightened. The son of Nike stood up, quickly and prepared for whatever his fellow demigod had.
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/20/2017, 8:13 am

The other boy was better than Alex had anticipated, but he was alright with that. At least it would make it a better game. He moved forwards, went to spike, but then dropped a short volley right over the net, smiling the whole way.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/20/2017, 11:14 am

Lorne ran over to the ball, popped it up, and spiked it toward the far corner of the other guy's court. "You're pretty good."
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/20/2017, 1:49 pm

Alex dived backwards, managing to tip the ball up, but he couldn't keep it near him. It hit the sand with a plop and he walked over, a bit of anger lending him some extra motivation. He kicked the ball over to the other boy and got ready to receive. "Thanks. I'm Alex. You're not so bad yourself," He acknowledged, recognizing that the other boy was either extremely lucky or good.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/20/2017, 2:19 pm

Lorne gave did a fist bump when he was able to get a point. He quickly picked up the volleyball. "Lorne." He smiled a bit and hit the ball over the net. "God parent?"
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/20/2017, 2:29 pm

"Zephyros," Alex replied. "I just found out a few weeks ago. You?" He was fairly sure it was a son he Ares he was playing, but a son of Tyche would make sense too. Maybe Nike? They were all athletic.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/20/2017, 2:45 pm

Lorne nodded his head and waited for the ball to be returned. "Nice. Nike." He smirked and looked at the son of Zephyros. "I'm ready."
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/20/2017, 5:28 pm

Alex piked the ball back up and sent it soaring over the net, determined to get the next point. There was no way he would lose to anyone at this camp at his favorite sport, even a literal child of victory. This time, when the wind picked up a bit, it was intentional.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/21/2017, 1:25 am

Lorne noticed the change in wind and knew that it was most likely due to Alex being a son of Zephyros. The son of Nike was quick enough to barely hit the ball back over to Alex's side of the net. "Using powers, huh?" He asked with a smalls smirk on his face.
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/21/2017, 8:57 am

A raised eyebrow was the only sign of surprise on Alex's face as the other boy again just barely managed to recover the ball. As he took a step back and sent the ball sailing to the son of Nike. "We don't all have a victory goddess on our side," he answered, "I'm just leveling the court."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/21/2017, 12:21 pm

The son of Nike chuckled and hit the ball back over the net. "Eh, okay, then. I did warn you before he decided to come and play against me." Lorne grinned and got into position. "So, how is it being a son of Zephyros? Do you fly around and stuff like that?"
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/21/2017, 12:51 pm

Alex volleyed it back to the other boy, and laughed. "I wish," he said with a wry grin. "I can make some wind, enough to knock arrows-or volleyballs-around, but that's it." He looked the other demigod up and down as he crouched, ready to bump. He wasn't sure if Nike's kids really had any special powers going for them, but most demigods had something up their sleeves. "Do you guys have extra awesome victory parties or something?" he asked, chuckling.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/21/2017, 2:10 pm

"That's cool." Lorne nodded his head and hit the ball back. It wasn't as competitive as it was before since he was having a decent conversation with Alex. "Yeah, we sometimes do. When we win chariot races." He laughed a bit. "But the Dionysus kids have better parties."
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/21/2017, 2:19 pm

Alex moved backwards and, noticing that the other boy had lightened up, did the same. "I still havn't ridden a chariot," he admitted. "Rode a horse the other day, though. That was pretty cool." As he knocked the ball back towards the other boy with a light, floating spike, he continued talking. "So do you play volleyball a lot?" Alex asked. It would be nice to have another person to play against, rather than practice on his own all the time.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/21/2017, 2:41 pm

Lorne raised an eyebrow. "You haven't?" He asked, volleying the ball back. "I do when I have some spare time, yeah." Lorne smirked and waited for Alex to return the ball. "What about you? Do you play volleyball often?"
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/21/2017, 2:47 pm

"I plan on trying to," Alex said. They had a good rally going now, knocking the ball back and forth like it was ping pong without really going for points. "I did a lot back outside camp, but when it's a choice between practicing spikes or knife fighting I pick the second one every time. I figure I'm getting pretty good," he said with a cocky grin.

OOC: want to have them head over to the chariot track or arena for some more competition after a bit more volleyball?
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/21/2017, 3:17 pm

Lorne hit the ball back and continued talking to Alex. "That's what's up. I prefer basketball and chess." He shrugged his shoulders and grinned. This son of Zephyros was actually pretty cool. "I'm more of a spear kind of guy myself."

OOC: Sure! We can go to the arena
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/21/2017, 3:34 pm

Alex laughed. "I'm alright at basketball. Never could sit through a whole game of chess, though." He could definitely see this son of Nike going for grand master, assuming he wasn't ADHD like Alex. "We're pretty even for volleyball," he started, a questioning look on his face as he knocked the ball back over again. "But maybe not at combat. Want to go see? The arena should be open by now."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/21/2017, 4:34 pm

The son of Nike smirked and hit the ball back over. "Looks like we are." Lorne cleared his throat. "How long have you been at Camp Half-Blood?" He asked out of curiously. "What do you especially in? Throwing knives you said?"
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/21/2017, 4:46 pm

"A few weeks," Alex replied. "And I've been working on throwing knives, but I prefer close combat. It makes me feel alive." He had taken to fighting the bots in the Arena on a higher level, just for the thrill. He'd only been sent to the infirmary once, too. "Do you use your spear for throwing?" he asked. He'd seen a few Apollo kids with deadly-looking javelins. He wondered if Lorne fought like them, or if he got in close. Alex would prefer that, as it played more to his strengths.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/21/2017, 5:15 pm

"That's cool. I usually use my spear for up close and personal fighting, but I'm great at spear throwing too." Lorne smiled and hit the ball back over to Alex. "After the arena, do you want to head to the mess hall and grab something to eat? I'm feeling like pizza."
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/21/2017, 5:23 pm

Alex's estimation of the other boy rose by a few points as he mentioned pizza. There was someone he could relate to. "Same," said Alex, grinning. Until dinner they were allowed to sit at any of the tables in the mess hall, so they would be allowed to sit together. "I'd say I could eat a horse, but I swear Chiron hears everything."

OOC: Want to make a new thread in the arena or stay in this one?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 4:25 pm