A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Knives and Spears (P)

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Knives and Spears (P) Empty Knives and Spears (P)

Post by Green 1/21/2017, 10:38 pm

Knives and Spears (P) Tumblr_inline_oe83iy6R551ravrtw_500
    Lorne walked into the sword fighting arena with his newest acquaintance, Alex. They had just finished playing a game of volleyball that started out competitive, then shifted to be a playful game between two demigods. "How was your trip here?" The son of Nike asked as he activated his key that turned into a spear. The polearm had a white staff with a gold spearhead; similar to his mother's. "Did any monsters try and stop you or something?"
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male
    Number of posts : 94
    Registration date : 2017-01-09

Knives and Spears (P) Empty Re: Knives and Spears (P)

Post by avandewiele 1/21/2017, 11:19 pm

Alex waved his hand over the side of his belt, focusing. Two glowing blue clouds appeared, becoming darker in color and more sharply formed until his twin daggers and their sheathes had been summoned. He smiled. He was getting better and better at using the magic item. The cracked, worn leather belt had quickly become his most prized possession here at camp. "Me and Kambell, my satyr, ran into a couple cyclops in Toronto. Nasty guys with huge hockey sticks, but not too bright. We took them out pretty fast," he half-bragged. It had been a little more difficult than he made it sound, but there was no way he would appear unsure of his skills in front of the son of Nike. "How about you?" He asked. "When did you get to camp? Did you face any monsters?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/22/2017, 12:00 am

The son of Nike cringed. "Sounds like you had a rough time there getting from Canada. For me it wasn't that bad. There was a few scary moments with me and my dad, but nothing too crazy. He dropped me off at the bottom of Camp Half-Blood's hill and I made it inside of the camp's boarders." Lorne explained, twirling his spear lazily. "I know one of your half brothers. Layne, he's currently in New Rome with his Roman boyfriend. He comes back every now and then so maybe you'll get to meet him."
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/22/2017, 8:32 am

Alex flipped his knives and got into the ready stance. He stood with his blades crossed but not touching with his arms out in front of him. If he faced a swordsman, he could trap the blade between his two knives and step in, giving him the advantage. Against Lorne's stabbing spear, though, he would have to deflect the point, not catch or block it.
    "Yeah, my cabin doesn't have too many campers right now. It would be cool to have another Zephyros kid in there. How about your cabin? Are there a lot of kids?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/22/2017, 2:26 pm

Lorne got into his stance too with his hands placed on the staff of the spear. They were about a foot apart for better mobility. "Eh, there's a good number of us. Laurel, Holly, Jordan, Julien, and a couple of others."
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/22/2017, 2:41 pm

Alex led with a swipe at Lorne's torso, testing his defenses. He lifted his other blade closer to his chest, anticipating a counterattack. "I only know a few people from other cabins," he admitted. "I practice alone or with my own cabin most of the time"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/22/2017, 3:10 pm

Lorne jumped back and quickly blocked Alex's dueling knives. "Nice." He grinned and swung his spear to try and swat at Alex's head. "At least you're bounding, right?"
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/22/2017, 3:15 pm

Alex threw up his knife, deflecting the spear to the side as he stepped in and went to hit Lorne in the side with his other fist, supported by the hilt of the knife in his hand. "Yeah, I guess so. I practice constantly. I want to beat those Ares brats next capture the flag."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/22/2017, 3:57 pm

Lorne grunted as Alex made contact, but quickly squatted down to swipe at his feet. "Hey, they aren't all bad." The son of Nike smirked. "I mean, Chiara and Ramsey are pretty bad, but there are some that try." He stated with a smirk. With the mentioning of Ares' kids, Lorne's heart fluttered a bit. Jackson was always on his mind. "...What were we talking about?"
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/22/2017, 4:03 pm

Alex smirked. He knew he'd seen Lorne with an Ares boy before; now he was defending him. They were probably close friends or something. Alex jumped backwars, but the son of Nike clipped his shins with side of the spear. He almost stumbled on the slightly uneven floor, but caught himself, focusing once more on the Demigod in from of him, looking so much like the statue of his mother just behind him. "Aren't you friends with one of them?" he asked.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/22/2017, 4:59 pm

Lorne rolled out of the way and quickly got back up. He then kept his eyes trained on Alex and made sure not falter or be caught off guard. "...You can say that." The tips of his ears became red. "Are you friends with anyone from other cabins?"
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/22/2017, 6:03 pm

"Jana kay baked me a cake, so she definitely qualifies," Alex said, grinning. He faked a swing with his left blade at the other boy, and stabbed with his right. This was a much better way to practice than fighting the automatons, he thought to himself. "I've met all of the Ryders. And i think if you can swing a knife at someone," he said, slashing once more, "they count as a friend"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/22/2017, 6:26 pm

Lorne jumped back and twirled his spear around over his head. He had at least three years worth of training. He should be doing much better than Alex. "Ryders? I heard of them before." He stated and thrusted his spear forward. "...We should probably put on some armor. Time out." Lorne smirked, stood his spear up, and jogged over to the armory.
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/22/2017, 7:42 pm

Alex sighed and went over to the equipment racks, grabbing a leather chest piece that looked like it would fit him. Well, there went any advantage he had. He had always had the fastest reflexes of anyone he knew, although at camp he was barely above average on that front. In armor, though, he lost his speed, making his reflexes semi-useless. He had been going hard against the son of Nike, while the other boy wasn't breaking a sweat. As he finished poorly tying the knots on the breastplate, still breathing heavily, he turned to the other boy. "How long have you been doing this! You're kicking my @ss!"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/22/2017, 8:00 pm

Lorne shrugged his shoulders and chuckled. "I've been here for three years. I hope I'm able to beat you." He responded, putting on a celestial bronze breast plate. "Don't worry. You'll get the hang out it too. You've only been here for a few weeks so you have plenty of time to learn and grow."
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/22/2017, 8:13 pm

Alex lined up on the sparring section once again. Now that they had armor, they could go for more damaging attacks. He hadn't yet been taught how to defend against an armored opponent using a spear, but he would do his best, treating it as a long sword. He knew he was progressing quite quickly in his combat training, partly due to skill and mostly to daily, and nightly, practice, but was pretty sure he was outclassed at this point. "You ready?" He asked the other boy, grinning despite the imminent defeat. He had been ready to win with class, so he would lose the same way. Next time however, he would try to be a little more prepared. There was a spear-fighting automaton he knew he would be practicing against later.

OOC: want to move them to the mess hall after this fight?
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/22/2017, 11:27 pm

OOC: Sure

BIC: "Ready!" Lorne grinned back at the son of Zephyros. Taking in a deep breath, Lorne charged toward his opponent with his spear raised over his shoulder. Thanks to his slightly fluid movements and training, he knew how to recover if he were to miss. "Who have you been training with?!"
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/23/2017, 6:27 pm

Alex moved to jump out of the way of the fast approaching charge, diving off to one side and ducking to avoid the tip. He was weighed down, though, by the heavy breastplate and the rest of his armor, and only got a few inches before the rapid advance of Lorne caught him. He managed to evade the point, but the spear still caught him on the shoulder, and Lorne's solid body his him just as he reached his worst point of balance. Alex dropped his knives, watching almost in slow motion as they evaporated into blue clouds, then got smaller until only a wisp remained. He hit the ground, palms out, aching more from that one attack than from the entire previous fight. He re-summoned his knives and gestured a Lorne for more, grinning ruefully. He was in for some punishment, but he would try to do as much damage as he could first."Usually the automatons, but they don't hit quite that hard," he joked to the other camper.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/23/2017, 7:58 pm

Yes! Lorne made contact. He had learned a while back that armor could serve as both a positive and negative force depending on the user. For Lorne, it was a little bit of both. The son of Nike had to quickly stopped himself from going too fast and ended up stumbling a bit. Lorne quickly whipped around and smiled widely. "I know what you mean." He then lifted his spear and twirled it around above his head before stepping forward, aiming for Alex's breastplate. "Ha!"
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/23/2017, 8:34 pm

Alex considered trying to block the spear, but there was no way he would be able to catch it. Trusting his breastplate to keep him safe from serious harm, he swiped at Lorne with both arms, hoping to catch him by surprise. "This is a solid workout," he commented to the other boy, sweat dripping from his brow.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/24/2017, 6:48 pm

Lorne panted a bit and nodded his head. The son of Nike was too slow this time and Alex made a direct hit on his side. "Ah!" Lorne nearly fell. "That was...a good hit."
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/24/2017, 8:36 pm

Alex stumbled as the spear rammed into his breastplate, making him lose the brief opportunity as he scored a hit on his opponent. "Thanks," he told the other boy. "First to fall loses?" He asked the other boy, grinning tiredly. "I'm starving."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/25/2017, 1:01 am

"Deal." Without even thinking, Lorne raised his spear over his head and threw it Alex's breastplate. He hoped with the amount of force that he would knock Alex back and if not? Oh, well.
    avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/25/2017, 10:58 pm

Alex was preparing to block another assault from lorne, watching his legs to see where he would attack from. He didn't notice as the armoured son of victory threw the spear towards Alex until it had already left his hand, and he felt his demigod reflexes kick in. He dropped his shoulder, trying to use the wind to shove the spear out of the way. However, the spear resisted his efforts, as he had found most celestial bronze or imperial gold weapons did. The spear collided with his side, sending him sprawling onto the hard stone of the arena floor. He was suddenly grateful for the heavy chestplate he had wished he could avoid wearing only moments ago, as without it he would now be a deluxe super sized demigod shishkebob. He held out a hand for the Nike camper to help him up. "Nice throw," he coughed to the other boy, winded. "Now let's get something to eat. I'm starving."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/28/2017, 4:10 pm

Lorne smiled and did just that, grabbing Alex by his forearm and puling him up. The few sweat beads that formed on the side of his face had streamed down over his chin and dripped unto his camp shirt and breastplate. "That was pretty good, Alex." Lorne patted the son of Zephyros on the back and grinned. "Yeah, let's get some pizza. I might be able to eat a whole pan by himself." He joked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 4:34 am