A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+13
Amy Pond
Warrior of the Sun
evon
Mason
Chuck
Samrenango
nix
Zachary
SilverMoon
Milocross
Kendall
Edgar Allan Poe
Daniel
17 posters

Capture the Flag #11

Daniel
    Daniel
    Lead
    Grizzled Ancient
    Bittervet

Male
    Number of posts : 19601
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Capture the Flag #11 Empty Capture the Flag #11

Post by Daniel 4/9/2012, 6:29 pm

Capture the Flag

Game #11

Alright, so we haven't have a Capture the Flag game in a very, very long time and it is time to get back into the tradition of playing. The Capture the Flag zone will generate you 2 drachmas per post compared to the normal 1 drachma per post. People who post quality posts will be rewarded extra drachmas based on their posts. The game can end if early based on the actions of your characters, but who wants a short game? Topic unlocks at 7:00 EST on Friday 13, 2012. Game begins at 7:30 EST and end 10:00 EST on Sunday 15, 2012. Teams were randomly picked by one of my peers, who was blind-folded, so I hope they are balanced.

RedBlue
    ZeusApollo
    PoseidonAthena
    Other GodsTitans
    HermesHades
    IrisArtemis
    HypnosMinor War Gods
    EgyptiansDionysus
    NorseDemeter
    JanusMinor Earth Gods
    AresHestia
    HeraUnclaimed
    Minor Water GodsAphrodite
    HephaestusMorpheus
    Minor Air GodsHebe
    HecateNemesis

A Few Rules:
    1) NO TELEPORTING OR USING MACHINES TO GET TO THE OTHER TEAM'S FLAG.
    2) You MUST post at least three times before even GETTING to the other team's territory after Chiron blows the horn to begin the game. Consider what the other people in the topic are posting. If there's an arrow flying at you, dodge or get hit. But under NO circumstances can you post "I run," then "I dodged all attacks," to "I get to the other team's territory." You cannot dodge everything.
    3) If you reach the other team's flag, and there's a person posting as a character there, you MUST engage that person in battle before getting the flag for at least two posts. If you do get the flag, you must post at least three times before reaching the border between both teams' territories while considering everything the other people in the topic are posting.
    4) Obviously, no god-modding or power-playing. If this is seen, you will be kicked out of the game after one or two warnings.
    5) Remember, kids -- powers make people tired!
    Daniel
    Daniel
    Lead
    Grizzled Ancient
    Bittervet

Male
    Number of posts : 19601

Capture the Flag #11 Empty Re: Capture the Flag #11

Post by Daniel 4/13/2012, 7:37 pm

Alright. Sorry for the late start, I was eating dinner with family and forgot. So let games begin, I guess.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 4/13/2012, 7:44 pm

I walk in with my cute sword-ring in hands.

I walk in, my sword sheathed. My helmet hides most of the punch marks, but it's humilliating anyway. I look around, trying to find Maria, but I don't think she'll appear.

Last edited by Buffy The Vampire Slayer on 4/13/2012, 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512

Post by Kendall 4/13/2012, 7:45 pm

ooc: I'm going to warn you guys now -- DO NOT say you got to the enemy's territory in just one post. No teleporting, flying to the other team's territory, etc. That's just not fun.
    Milocross
    Milocross
    3 parts human, 1 part piano

Female
    Number of posts : 7772
    Registration date : 2010-01-08

Post by Milocross 4/13/2012, 7:46 pm

Corvus walked in, hearing leaves crunch under his feet. He pulled his brass knuckles out and put them on, while keeping his sword in his pocket. He knew he would need to use it to flush out all his anger, but he couldn't think of a scenario where it would come in handy. He didn't want to hurt anyone too badly, so he wouldn't use it on anyone. Maybe he could use it to cut a log bridge in half. Oh well, he would use it when he used it.
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 1768
    Registration date : 2012-03-10

Post by SilverMoon 4/13/2012, 7:47 pm

I walk in, looking around for teammates. I wonder if James will show up..it would be dreadful if he was on my team. I see the guy who beat me up. Oh great..
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male
    Number of posts : 747
    Registration date : 2008-10-16

Post by Zachary 4/13/2012, 7:48 pm

Morgan Landry's post

I scaled the hill up to the meeting point of the Red team, with my cabin.
    I was wearing kaki trekking trousers and leather military boots with my black sleeveless softshell jacket over an orange Camp-shirt. Along with that, I was carrying a Dori, for the moment disguised as trekking stick.
    As soon I arrived at the meeting point, I turned the stick back into my two-meters-long Dori and stabbed it into the ground to have my hand free.
    I put the hood of my jacket on my head (it was quite large, it really could have covered my face unto my nose) and zipped my jacket shut. Immediately, it reconfigured itself to produce my lamellar armor and Corinthian helmet, both made of Stygian iron, like my weapons. My helmet wasn't like the other ones, though. The horsehair crest it was bearing was transverse, like the one of an officer. Since it was green, I asked one of my brethren to change the color into red for me, which he did with surprising ease.
    I laced my greaves around my shins and took out Apokryphos. I pressed the blue color so the pen would turn into my xiphos and sheathed the blade, over the pteruges. Finally, I stroked my leather bracelet and my aspis unfolded, black, with the "lambda" on it, which I had painted red.
    Wiping a film of sweat away, I put my hand over my eyes and waited for the Red leader to come.

Jana Kay walked over to the meeting point of the Blue team. She was carrying her sheathed sword, attached to her belt. For Capture-the-Flag, she was wearing a comfortable pair of beige trousers and her Camp-shirt. Of course, over the shirt, she was wearing her bronze cuirass and she had put on her helmet, which had a blue horsehair crest. She had as well her shield, a hoplite one. The young girl waved at the persons of her team she knew, smiling and waited for the Blue leader to come. She glanced over to the Red team and caught a glimpse of James, hoping they wouldn't meet in the forest.

Victoria had arrived with the other people of her cabin. She was wearing all her equipment: cuirass, pteruges, sword, antilabe, greaves, silver helmet, bow and arrows. Having a quick glance at the others of her team, she quickly lost interest for sympathizing.
    She saw Jana, nodded and looked at their flag, absent-mindedly, because she was trying to figure out the square root of 28434.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My post

Zack walked to the red side of the field. This was not his first CTF game. He looked at the others, and took his two swords out. He would be trying to get the flag. He twirled his swords around.

"MEN, TO ARMS!" He yelled out in his commander-ish tone. He looked to his left and to his right. He wanted to be smart and run when the others started to run, as this would make the best attack. If one man came in there, he would be clobbered, no? Then he wondered if Jet, his new eagle was watching him up in the trees, but he cared not right now. He was ready to fight, as he always was. It was what he was good at.

Hammer walked to the flag, his hammer out. It would be stupid for him to run out to get the opposing team's flag. It would be too easy of a game. He decided that it would be better to defend the flag. He was big and muscular. People would have second thoughts of fighting against him, especially with his 200 pound hammer. He always found it humorous that he intimidated others, but, then again, his biceps were as big as people's heads. He leaned against a nearby tree, and chuckled, waiting for some idiot with a head full of hot air to try and capture the flag.

Last edited by Zachary on 4/13/2012, 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milocross
    Milocross

Female

Post by Milocross 4/13/2012, 7:50 pm

Corvus saw the annoying girl he had encountered when he first arrived at camp, and he immediately became enraged. He started counting backwards in his head; He didn't want to use his sword right then and there, and he certainly didn't want to be seen hitting a little girl. He was confused weather the games had started or not, so he just stood inside the red teams territory, since that's where he was stationed.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male
    Number of posts : 5225
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

Post by nix 4/13/2012, 7:54 pm

OOC: I'm just going to use a red color for my character who's participating since she's on the Red side.
    BIC: Kat slinked in, taking in the scenery. She had her battleaxe already activated, and was wearing the typical armor that was worn for these type of games. This was her first one that she attended. She looked more like a guy, then a girl, as she tensed, unsure on what to do. She stayed away from the clumps of people, and it was quite obvious she was a loner. Well, she preferred to be one.

Last edited by Commander Up on 4/13/2012, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 4/13/2012, 7:54 pm

Chiron walked towards the Capture the Flag area, mumbling to himself with the horn at his side. Well, okay. First CTF in maybe a year or so, how exciting. He just disliked how crowded it seemed sometimes, how many kids who wanted to play. He hoped nobody would try to kill each other -- now, that just wasn't fun. He didn't need to do more paperwork just because one camper died or something.

ooc: I'll put up some rules in a few seconds....
    Milocross
    Milocross

Female

Post by Milocross 4/13/2012, 7:57 pm

Still enraged, Corvus put two fingers on his neck to check his pulse, and found that it was very fast. He clenched his teeth while his mouth was closed, and started sweating. A vein on the side of his forehead started to pulse, and he started to count backwards again, not that it would help. He saw a horse with the upper body of a man, not knowing who he was. Corvus decided to leave him alone, since he seemed like he was an important person. He listened closely to hear anything he had to say.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 4/13/2012, 7:57 pm

I raise my psychedelics green eyes at Chiron, so excited as a little girl in a toys shop. I've been there for a few years, I guess, but climbing trees and watching the ignobles confronting will always be so fun as the first time.
    Milocross
    Milocross

Female

Post by Milocross 4/13/2012, 8:01 pm

Corvus eyed the centaur, wondering who he was and what he was doing here. Maybe he was there to announce the start of the games, or maybe he was supervising the people to make sure they wouldn't kill each other. Maybe both. Corvus felt his anger pump him p, and he started to feel the adrenaline flow through his veins. He retracted his sword and put it back in his pocket, hoping he wouldn't forget to use it's critical claim later. He wondered why he called it a critical claim, it sounded kind of stupid, but he had nothing better to call it so it would just have to stay being called a critical claim.
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3181
    Registration date : 2011-12-21

Post by Samrenango 4/13/2012, 8:01 pm

Spencer strolled in, clutching his twin daggers, one in each hand. The handles were splattered with various neon acrylics paint. Despite the splattered art, the handle was black, and it appeared to be under a backlight, glowing. He had spotted Kat, and walked over to her. "Hey Kat, guess we're on the same team." he said.

Grace walked in, not bothering to activate her oval-shaped emerald ring, which was one of her only defensive weapons. She had crossed her arms and leaned against a maple tree when she had spotted Prince, face masked with punch marks. She couldn't help but laughing. Grace was the one who had caused his injury.

Last edited by Samrenango on 4/13/2012, 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female
    Number of posts : 21941
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Post by Chuck 4/13/2012, 8:02 pm

Jaz materialized on the blue side of the battle-field, knowing it was only fair not to shadow-travel into enemy territory. Now that was just no fun. She glanced around, trying to get her bearings as she slipped off one of her many rings. It transformed into a long Stygian Iron-tipped lance. Then she had a thought. Who was even on her team? All she could remember was that the other two big-three cabins were on the red team and the Titan-children were on her side. Hopefully some talented people would show up...
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 4/13/2012, 8:03 pm

I wait for Chiron to say CTF had started. I look at the guy who beat me up. Wow, he looks really tense.
    Milocross
    Milocross

Female

Post by Milocross 4/13/2012, 8:04 pm

Corvus waited for a signal for the games to start. He looked around at his surroundings, to see if he could use anything to his advantage and hopefully get the flag to return to the team, and win. If not, then someone else probably would. He eyed the little girl again, wondering which team she was on. Realizing that it wasn't something to care about, he put his focus back on his surroundings and on the centaur, waiting for something to happen. He felt himself getting more pumped, and got himself ready to run as soon as he heard that the games had begun.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 4/13/2012, 8:07 pm

Chiron folded his arms across his chest, looking at each demigod in view. Hm. Most of them seemed ready for Capture the Flag.... He cleared his throat loudly, holding up one hand in greeting to them all. "If you are on the Red Team, assemble by my right-hand side. If you are on the Blue Team, assemble on the opposite side to Red. I will announce the rules after waiting a few more minutes for any others to arrive. For now, you may discuss battle plans among yourselves."
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 4/13/2012, 8:07 pm

I can't resist to stare at Grace for a few minutes, examining her chances of war. Nothing better than I expected, but it's interesting the way she tries to appear more aggressive than beautiful. I wonder if it would be too cowardly to make her throw up her vital organs, since we're on opposite teams. I think it would, yeah.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Post by Mason 4/13/2012, 8:07 pm

I walk in, late. Not again.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male
    Number of posts : 5225
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

Post by nix 4/13/2012, 8:07 pm

Kat cracked her neck. She had a good night of sleep, and realized today was the Capture the Flag thing. Well, whatever it was, she was here just to beat up a few kids, for fun. She continued to clutch onto her battleaxe, blinking as a plan started to formulate in her head. She was a great strategist, but she often was too sure of herself. A voice soon interrupted her thoughts, and she looked up immediately. "Looks like we are," She repeated, not really listening to what he just said. She often repeated what others said, but it didn't go into her head what they were actually saying. She abruptly looked up, hearing Chiron speak. She followed his instructions, by assembling to the Red side.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Post by Mason 4/13/2012, 8:09 pm

I looked around. Sweet. A CTF. Which person would I lead? Obviously a Hestia kid. I look around.
    Milocross
    Milocross

Female

Post by Milocross 4/13/2012, 8:10 pm

"Finally." Corvus mumbled. He stood to the right of the centaur, apparently named Chiron. He looked around at the other assembled people, not wanting to listen to them. He would stick with his own solitary plan, in case all else failed. It seemed like the proper thing to to, anyways. He looked at all the winding paths in the forest, trying to figure out how he would find the flag. He decided that he would climb trees and look around, that seemed like the smart thing to do. He was good at climbing, anyways. He didn't like the idea of a leader, it seemed like they would try to be better then anyone. He didn't like dealing with arrogant people.
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female
    Number of posts : 21941
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Post by Chuck 4/13/2012, 8:11 pm

ooc: It would be nice if people said what teams their characters are on. Looking at god-parents and then scrolling up to the list is incredibly tedious.

Jaz glanced over to where Chiron supposedly was, and figured he was just waiting for people to set the flags or whatever. She didn't even know where her own flag was because this time, she planned to go on the offensive. After Chiron's little announcement, she leaned against a tree off to his right and glanced around at her teammates. They didn't seem like much, but hopefully they would get a few more people later on... Gosh there were a lot of kids in the other gods cabin.

"So who wants to guard the flag?" she asked the red team, taking charge since no one else seemed to want to.
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 4/13/2012, 8:12 pm

I start study my opponents and teammates. Wow, they look really good. But don't let that discourage you. I look around at my surroundings, trying to find a good tree. One that hidden, but not to high to aim accurately. I keep on looking until I find it. The perfect tree! I look around, hoping that no one who use distance weapons see it. (Blue Team.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 1:09 am