A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+39
Chuck
Wilne99
lillylillypad
Lila Noel
Arcas
tyler oakley
Edgar Allan Poe
Dez the Soul Reaver
Ben zexion
sienna
lost shadow
communist
velisa
Keeper_of_the_Dark
Holly
olympianservant77
Titus13
The Gaurdian
Jordan
Daniel
IAmTheDoctor
BlackJack123
Kat315
Snuffleasaurus
Mrs Stypayhorlikson
Kaitlynnm1
Ness99
Samrenango
shortyy.xo
GavinP
Geniosity
GwrachSeren
Nemesis
Mason
Stuart35
Lady Arbitrary
daddeme
LynnZee
Kendall
43 posters

Talking wit' Chiron

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Talking wit' Chiron - Page 37 Empty Re: Talking wit' Chiron

Post by Kendall 1/31/2014, 6:34 pm

Chiron looked at Gwen blankly for a moment, until it finally clicked in his head.

Aah, mentoring. They so rarely got any mentors; usually the campers would go tell Chiron they were leaving camp, once they were of age, and he'd only hear small bits of information about them as the years trickled by. It was a slightly depressing thought, but the ones he usually got as mentors were decent children. (The Quintus/Daedalus incident still made Mr. D extremely grumpy at the very mention of a demigod staying or coming back to train others, however.)

Chiron leaned back in his wheelchair, contemplating for a moment. "That would sound absolutely fine," he told her, nodding his head. "Do you know how long you'll be staying with us as a mentor? We get so few, but we still must keep track of them."
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 9825
    Registration date : 2011-11-09

Post by xXSpiritXx 2/1/2014, 6:42 pm

"Really!?" she said shocked it was that easy, Gwen smiled showing her pearly white teeth. "Well to be honest Chiron I don't know. As long as you'll let me really. This is my home, other than visiting my mother and the occasional trip I don't usually leave." she explained while playing with a strand of her hair. "I love it here, There are many new campers who come to us every day that are lost and don't know what to do. They struggle and need someone to look out for them...to show them the ropes."

Gwen put her left hand on her hip, raising her right hand she gave him a thumbs up. "That's what I do best. Making new friends and lending a helping hand or two when needed or asked for." she smiled warmly, her eyes bright with joy. "Plus having an older camper to put someone in their place when they inevitably do something stupid is necessary." Gwen chuckled remembering her younger years.

"What i'm trying to say is I'm a perfect fit to be a mentor." her arms fell to her side and Gwen folded her hands. Still she smiled at Chiron looking him in the eyes.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/2/2014, 12:23 am

"I'm sure you are. Now...." Chiron searched around in a drawer on the left hand side of his desk, and pulled out a three-page long application, slightly dusty. Obviously. There were so few mentors ever around, Chiron was sure there was only one other who had ever asked him to stay. (The cleaning harpies, along with a few of the more reliable cabin counselors, usually let him know if they saw anybody over the age limit hanging around camp.)

He plucked a blue pen out of the writing utensil cup on his desk and held both the application and the pen out to Gwen. "You'll need to fill this out, so we can keep organized. I don't want the cleaning harpies or the counselors identify you as somebody who's ignoring the rules -- that could end up being... unfortunate. I feel as if you shouldn't stay for more than, say, the next five years; there's more to life than a camp, and I wouldn't want you to hold yourself back from that."
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 2/2/2014, 12:07 pm

"I agree, thank you very much i'll be sure to let you know if I'm leaving in advance Chiron." Gwen took the application from his hands and read trough quickly but allowing the information to sink in. "Seems fair and in order. Any fine details I should be aware of?" Gwen asked wanting to make sure she knew what she was signing up for. Not that she believed for a second Chiron would hide anything in fine print. "I just want to know what specific duties i'll have before I sign up."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/2/2014, 2:10 pm

Chiron thought for a moment, then shrugged. He'd have to go through the handbook Athena had edited last year to see if she'd added anything new the rather dead mentor program section. It was, at most, a page long in tiny size 10 font (ironically, in Times New Roman). "Well, there's none that I can think of at the moment. When you hand in your form with Mr. D, however, he might tell you a few things."
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 2/2/2014, 2:13 pm

"Well I trust you so..." Gwen signed her name at the bottom of the document. "I'm in, should I head over to Mr. D's office then?"
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/2/2014, 2:23 pm

"Go right ahead. Knock first, though; he's in a rather bad mood today." The centaur gestured to the door; a grape vine had knocked out the doorknob, laying in the empty socket lazily like some sort of snake. "Been... knocking a few things around, apparently."
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 2/2/2014, 2:30 pm

Gwen's expression turned grim "Hopefully his mood has improved...Thank you Chiron. Have a lovely day." she exited his office closing the door as best she could behind her.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 2/27/2014, 8:57 pm

Gwen knocked on the door and waited.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/28/2014, 10:46 pm

ooc: Ye didn't need to double-post; you could have just told me in an OOC message on your Mr. D post that your character was headed over.

bic:

Chiron, scribbling on a sheet of notepaper with a pen that wasn't cooperating with him today, looked up. Hm. Did somebody else get in trouble today?

"Yes, come in. What do you need?"
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 3/3/2014, 10:08 am

Ooc: I apologize, I will remember that.

Bic: Gwen opened the door and walked into his office. "Hello sir, Mr. D has approve me as a mentor. I was wondering what kind of duties i'll have."she waited for his response, curious if her daily routine would be different.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/3/2014, 12:29 pm

"Well, first, let's see.... What are your best camp-related skills?" Chiron hadn't read Gwen's application; in fact, Mr. D had outright "forgotten" to hand it to him when he had approved the form. It was one of those things about the god that greatly annoyed Chiron, but of course he couldn't speak up for fear of disrespecting him.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 3/3/2014, 4:46 pm

"Camp related..." Gwen paused for a moment to gather her thoughts. "Well i'm an excellent people person, I'm good at training other campers for battle, i'm pretty decent at making items with the help of Hephestus children, and I know just about every nook and cranny in camp." she was't sure what else to say. Gwen is an experienced camperand a great role model so she wasn't sure if Chiron meant around camp or useful at camp skills. Still she did her best to answer him.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/3/2014, 5:40 pm

Chiron nodded to himself. Well, they certainly did need a bit of help with archery activities, and forging activities.... Lots of things, really. It seemed that people were leaving the camp in floods.

The centaur looked to the wall, where a clipboard with the names of the counselors and activities leaders were; he jotted down Gwen's name under two of the bolded headings. "Well, first, I'll assign you to tour guide duties and archery activities teacher; if you have any protests or get into a spot of trouble with somebody, report it to me or the person's cabin counselor immediately."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Post by Holly 3/7/2014, 1:20 am

Thorne walked towards the entrance of Chiron's office, the large and wooden door shut. Her sparkling green eyes wandered up and down the hallway, then behind her as she felt as if someone was staring at her. Though that was not abnormal, she usually felt that way when she entered the big house. Lifting her pale hand up from the pocket of her jeans she hesitated only a moment before knocking.

Tap Tap-tap-tap tap tap

After a moments paused she grasped the handle and turned it, pushing the door open and stepping into the office. The sound of Sinatra reached her ears and she smiled a little, humming along to this particular song that she knew: I've got the world on a string. She carefully shut the door behind her, her eyes staring at the stacks of music in several different formats. Songbooks, records, tapes, and so on. Looking away from the music, the redhead child of Demeter looked at the all-wise centaur behind his desk. "Excuse me?" She spoke, her tropical accent ringing free.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/7/2014, 8:55 pm

At the sound of the knock, the old centaur barely looked up. He had been barraged constantly with an odd number of requests, ranging from asking him about quests he had never been told of to something about naiads leaving fish in people's shoes. The camp was a very odd place to be, but he'd seen it at its best and its worst; there was little denying that he had a fondness for it, something Mr. D didn't share at all. His fellow director, fed up with Athena's constant 'badgering' for new systems of organization in camp, had taken to throwing a few things around occasionally with his grape vines.

Which was why Chiron decided to blare Sinatra.

Over the sound of this music, as he checked counselors' review sheets for cabin clean-up, he heard a girl's voice asking him over the music: "Excuse me?"

He looked up, pushing his glasses further up his nose. She wasn't one of his regular visitors, surely -- perhaps she was new. "Oh, yes. Hello. Do you need something?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/8/2014, 12:12 am

OOC: fish in shoes? Humorous

BIC: Thorne smiled at the wise centaur and nodded. "Yes, I wanted to ask you a question" The Barbados native said as she sat in the chair opposite him, her hand tracing along the smooth wood. "I'm Annabelle rose, I go by Thorne though: from the Demeter cabin" She began as she settled her hands in her lap. "I wanted to ask if there were postions of instruction available or something, to help teach the other campers" She said, looking at the elder gentleman with her green eyes.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/8/2014, 3:28 pm

Chiron flipped a page -- and there was the Demeter cabin attendance sheet, written in bright green ink with little scribble marks on the top of the page. There was Thorne's name checked off, third from the bottom, and then more scribbles next to her name. He'd need to talk to Katie Gardner (or whoever had been put in charge of the Demeter cabin clean-up checklist) about keeping the sheet as neat as possible. The handwriting was fine, but it irked the old centaur to see rainbows of scribbles all around; it reminded him of the cabin vandalism in years past, when some demigods had decided to destroy cabins or paint them in a variety of flamboyant, bright ways.

"Well," he began slowly, flipping to the next page, "there are a few positions available. May I ask where your strengths lie? I'd rather not put you in as an instructor for something you feel uncomfortable with."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/8/2014, 11:47 pm

Thorne nodded, pausing a moment before she opened her mouth to speak in her Barbados accent. "Well, botany and biology...naval sciences, veterinarian sciences....." Thorne paused for a moment as she thought about what else she excelled in. "Passive combat and chemistry" She finished and flashed the centaur a smile as she messed with her hands nervously, curious if there was in fact a position that would match her unique strengths.

The child of Demeter waited patiently as the camp director and mentor looked over the list. She hummed along with the soft sounds of Sinatra. She really enjoyed Sinatra, although she preferred Buffett or Bob Marley.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/10/2014, 2:48 pm

Chiron thought a moment, drumming his fingers on the desk. Surely Thorne was very talented, but he wasn't sure how to apply some of those talents to the standard camp activities: weapons training, forging.... Passive combat seemed the most likely to be applicable to the camp -- she could, maybe, teach people how to maintain some of their pets properly. The latter option wasn't an official camp position, however, so he went with the first.

"Could you specify what you mean by 'passive combat'?" the centaur asked her, flipping to another page. "I'll need a few moments to think about how your other talents could be applied; they're very unique, but I'm not sure there are official positions for some of them."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/10/2014, 2:56 pm

Thorne nodded towards him, her natural ADHD making her hands tap on her lap quickly and in a distinct pattern. "Sure thing" She said with a smile, curious how in fact her other talents could be put to use for the benefit of the camp. "Passive combat, as in combat without blood or injury. Concentrating on using your opponents strength against them an ending in a less gory kind of fight" The child of Demeter explained, remembering when she had tried it with an ares kid, and it hasn't ended well.

Though then again, the children of ares werer a passive group, everyone at camp knew not to cross the barbed wire and enter cabin five unless you had a pretty good reason. It astounded her how many campers survived that cabin inspection.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 3/11/2014, 6:32 pm

"Tour guide sounds great, i'm not fantasic at archery though. I think i's be better suited to something..." Gwen paused a moment trying to think of the best way to word her thoughts. "Something more along the lines of endurance training or perhaps stealth? Since i'm quite fast and light on my feet." she suggested.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/14/2014, 3:19 pm

Zachattac wrote:Thorne nodded towards him, her natural ADHD making her hands tap on her lap quickly and in a distinct pattern. "Sure thing" She said with a smile, curious how in fact her other talents could be put to use for the benefit of the camp. "Passive combat, as in combat without blood or injury. Concentrating on using your opponents strength against them an ending in a less gory kind of fight" The child of Demeter explained, remembering when she had tried it with an ares kid, and it hasn't ended well.

Though then again, the children of ares werer a passive group, everyone at camp knew not to cross the barbed wire and enter cabin five unless you had a pretty good reason. It astounded her how many campers survived that cabin inspection.

"Mhm. Well, that could certainly be useful...." Chiron tapped his chin with his pen, thinking for a moment: The classes would certainly be useful, but where would they be held? The sword-fighting arena and archery range were always booked up until dinnertime, so they were out of the question. Perhaps he could list her as a guest teacher during some of the classes, or simply have her aid them there.

"It would be good, I think, you have you as an assistant teacher during fighting practice sessions," Chiron told her finally, nodding at the list of teachers tacked to the wall. Some had been crossed out or whited out over the years, and new names written on the lines where the old ones had been; Chiron looked, with a bit of regret, at the scribbled out name of Michael Yew. "Where you'd be, however, depends on you."

xXSpiritXx wrote:"Tour guide sounds great, i'm not fantasic at archery though. I think i's be better suited to something..." Gwen paused a moment trying to think of the best way to word her thoughts. "Something more along the lines of endurance training or perhaps stealth? Since i'm quite fast and light on my feet." she suggested.

The centaur looked back at Gwen; he'd only been half-listening to her when he was talking to Thorne, but he could guess what she'd been talking about based on their previous bit of conversation. It was a bit odd how some campers would stop talking for a long period of time -- as if his or her mind had gone blank for a few brief moments.

"Endurance or stealth.... Hm. I think for endurance training, you could try to teach in the Weight Room in the Wrestling Ring. I'll need a bit more information on what kind of endurance you're thinking about, however, before I can say definitely where you should be. For stealth, I could approve you creating some sort of obstacle course in the forest, if the nymphs and satyrs will agree."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/14/2014, 6:42 pm

Thorne glanced over to the list, filled with fear and excitement about this position offered to her. She had some bad experiences in the past with the campers from the Ares cabin, but about everyone had...even the members inside cabin #5. "Well..." She began as she turned her gaze back to him. "What exactly are my options there?" She asked politely, curious about what exact class she would be put in.

"I also had an idea about an activity we could add, instead of capture the flag some Fridays" she added after a moment as well.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/15/2014, 2:38 pm

Zachattac wrote:Thorne glanced over to the list, filled with fear and excitement about this position offered to her. She had some bad experiences in the past with the campers from the Ares cabin, but about everyone had...even the members inside cabin #5. "Well..." She began as she turned her gaze back to him. "What exactly are my options there?" She asked politely, curious about what exact class she would be put in.

"I also had an idea about an activity we could add, instead of capture the flag some Fridays" she added after a moment as well.

"There's the Wrestling Arena, which is usually used from twelve PM to six PM, or the sword-fighting arena, which is used from ten AM or earlier with permission, to about seven or eight PM." The centaur glanced at a list on his desk, detailing the cabin activity rotation schedule and sign-ups for extra, mainly private training sessions. "Those would be your two most viable options, unless I can arrange something else with the cabin counselors."

After a brief pause, Chiron nodded at Thorne to continue her activity suggestion; he was a bit bored and annoyed with Capture the Flags, to be honest. Very chaotic nowadays.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 1:20 am