A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Reading in the shadows (Proxyboy)

Tea
    Tea

Female
    Number of posts : 147
    Registration date : 2012-08-02

Reading in the shadows (Proxyboy) Empty Reading in the shadows (Proxyboy)

Post by Tea 8/3/2012, 1:50 pm

Bee put her arms up and stretched them over her head, yawning. It was only afternoon but Bee was already sleepy. She hadn't slept well the night before, because her mind was littered with bad dreams.
    She continued to walk until she found a nice spot to read, right underneath a tree. She cleared away some of the fallen leaves and dirt before sitting. Then, Bee took her book that she had borrowed from the library out of her bag. She pulled her knee's up and propped the book up.
    "Haha, stupid cat. " Bee laughed out loud, mainly to herself as she flipped the page of Alice In Wonderland.
    But, something quickly caught the demigod's eye. A shadow. Bee quickly doggy-eared the page she was on and put the book down.
    "Whose there?" Bee shouted in the direction of the shadow.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 9431
    Registration date : 2011-04-27

Reading in the shadows (Proxyboy) Empty Re: Reading in the shadows (Proxyboy)

Post by proxyboy 8/3/2012, 1:54 pm

I had been here for awhile, sleeping under some fallen leaves until someone had laughed. I had only peeked out from my napping spot when someone had spotted me.
    "Ahh man..." I muttered to myself and stepped out into the light.
    "Well, are you the one who's been making all the noise?" I asked a bit irritated
    Tea
    Tea

Female

Post by Tea 8/3/2012, 2:30 pm

"Noise? I don't know who you're calling noisy. I wasn't making a peep. " Bee said when a small boy walked out from behind the bushes. No wonder she didn't notice him before. "And... you were sleeping under some leaves? Do you not have a bunk or something...?" Bee asked. She thought the small boy was a little strange. She knew that they had made more cabins at camp sense the Titan war, but it didn't make any sense for someone to sleep out in the woods in the middle of the day, unless he was a new camper or something.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 8/3/2012, 2:35 pm

"I just like it out here... Nice, quiet, and supposedly peaceful."
    I looked her up and down.
    "What're you doing here anyway?"
    Why was I even talking to her? She showed no significant value.
    She could just be another stupid teenage girl that was going through 'problems'.
    Tea
    Tea

Female

Post by Tea 8/3/2012, 2:50 pm

"Well, I'll have you know," Bee began saying. She stood up and brushed the dirt off of her jean shorts. "That I came out here for peace and quiet, too. The forest is a great place to read." Bee protested. She reached down into her bag and grabbed Alice In Wonderland to prove to him that she actually had come out here to read. Most of camp was very noisy, and it reminded her of the old boardwalk during the summer: crowded, loud, and full of tourists. Except camp didn't have tourists.
    "Anyway, why don't you just sleep on your bunk in the cabins? Most people are out doing activities this time of day, so it'd be quiet enough in there for you to take a nap. "
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 8/3/2012, 2:55 pm

"Thing is, whenever I do nap in the bunks, some idiot always has to wake me. Either they were looking for someone to talk to or they just wanted to say 'Hi'."
    I examined her book and smirked, "Haha, stupid cat right?" I mimicked her voice.
    Tea
    Tea

Female

Post by Tea 8/3/2012, 3:03 pm

Bee nodded, understanding with the bunks. It had happened to her a few times as well, and she was pretty annoyed when she woke up. After all, Bee wasn't a morning person.
    Then, the kid mimicked what she had said earlier about the cheshire cat being stupid, and Bee blushed slightly.
    "You... you heard that?!" Bee said. She was embarrassed and slightly mad that he had been listening into what she was saying. Or that was what woke him up.
    "Sorry I woke you, Mr. Snores-a-lot. " Bee said, even though she wasn't to sure if he really did snore.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 8/3/2012, 3:07 pm

My ears twitched.
    "Hey, I don't snore!"
    "You were the one laughing your damn a** off that you woke me!" I yelled while I pointed an accusing finger at her.

2 things I hate:
    People saying false facts about me and calling me short.

Last edited by proxyboy on 8/3/2012, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tea
    Tea

Female

Post by Tea 8/3/2012, 3:57 pm

"Wow, dude," Bee put both of her hands up in defense. "Can't you take a joke? I wasn't serious. " Bee said. What was his problem? Couldn't he tell that she was just fooling around? "Learn to take a joke, sheesh. " Bee said, rolling her eyes.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 8/3/2012, 4:00 pm

I sniffed, "All you women are the same." I muttered
    Jeez... Everywhere I go there's always some person that seems to piss me off.
    Tea
    Tea

Female

Post by Tea 8/3/2012, 8:01 pm

"The same?" She said, wanting to slap him, but decided against it. He obviously had never been in the real world.
    "Yea, okay, whatever." Bee said. She picked up her bag, and slung it over her shoulder. But, Bee didn't plan on going back to camp, at least, not right now. Instead, she moved her reading spot down a couple of trees before plopping down on the ground once more.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 8/3/2012, 8:28 pm

"Sheesh..."
    I went back to my napping spot and sat back down.
    My conscious was bothering me.
    No... I'm not going to apologize.
    Before I knew it, I was walking down to where she was now and...
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell, forgive me please?" I said very quickly
    Tea
    Tea

Female

Post by Tea 8/3/2012, 8:44 pm

Bee sat down, and pulled her book out from her back. She sat down the way she was before, with her knees up to her chest and her book propped up, and continued to read. Before long, the boy from before popped back up out of no where. Bee looked up at him before returning to his book.
    "Oh, it's you." Bee said. But then, he did something surprising. He said sorry.
    "It's, ah, okay short stuff..." She added. Bee wasn't to sure what to say exactly. She was really surprised at what he had said.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 8/3/2012, 8:48 pm

I smiled as she forgave me... Then she had to go and ruin it.
    "LET ME GET THIS STARIGHT TO YOU LADY I AM NOT SHORT!!!"
    "DAMN ALL YOU WOMEN, I AM NORMAL SIZED!!"
    I ranted on and on and on.
    I decided to take out my anger on her bag, so I kicked it, knocking it across the clearing.
    Tea
    Tea

Female

Post by Tea 8/3/2012, 9:02 pm

Bee wanted to laugh when he had freaked out about being short. It wasn't a bad thing at all. In fact, Bee wished she was short, or at least shorter. Because short people can go into places that taller people can't.
    "I wasn't insulting you, I was complimenting you. Small people are cooler 'cause they can get into places that tall people can't." Bee explained.
    And then he kicked her bag.
    "Hey! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!" Bee shouted, stamping her foot. "I had an IPod in there, you might have broken it, you idiot!!" Bee shouted. She was very upset with him, and darted down to her bag to check her IPod. Would it be okay? She rummaged through her bag, looking for her IPod.
    She gave a sigh of relief when she saw that she remembered to tuck it into it's case.
    "You're lucky it didn't break." She said, picking her bag up and putting it over her shoulder.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 8/3/2012, 9:06 pm

"You're lucky you're a girl. I would've nailed you to the damn tree if you weren't."
    I was still steaming with anger.
    I started mimicking some voices and repeated what they had said to me.
    "Oh, are you lost little buddy? C'mon we'll find your mommy."
    I had suddenly stopped ranting, thinking of Winry.
    Tea
    Tea

Female

Post by Tea 8/3/2012, 9:23 pm

"You would have kicked me... into a TREE???" Who the heck was this guy? Who did he think he was? Bee figured that he was probably some child of Ares, which made sense.
    She listened to what he was saying. It was probably someone just being a jerk, which wasn't right.
    "People who say that are jerks. Being short is cool." She said, hoping that he wouldn't freak out once more. Then, Bee became slightly embarrassed. She didn't even know his name. She didn't even introduce herself.
    "On the other hand, I just realized I don't even know your name." She stood up, and held out her hand. "I'm Bee."
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 8/3/2012, 9:26 pm

I smiled and remembered how Winry would be like if I did this to her.
    I softened up as I reminisced.
    She would've smacked me with a wrench.
    I noticed Bee stick out her hand.
    "I'm Ed." I said, shaking her hand.
    I had not heard a word she said.
    Tea
    Tea

Female

Post by Tea 8/3/2012, 10:28 pm

Bee took in a deep breath and then let it out in confidence.
    "Nice to meet you, Ed." She said, standing up awkwardly. She didn't really know what else to say, and it'd be a little rude to just say 'Nice to meet ya!' and then leave.
    "So..." She began rocking back and forth on her feet for a moment before speaking again. "Whose your godly parent...?"
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 8/3/2012, 11:55 pm

"Thanatos." I answered, still reminiscing.
    "Oh Winry..." I muttered and smiled.
    Tea
    Tea

Female

Post by Tea 8/4/2012, 12:48 pm

Bee suddenly wished she was drinking something so she could spit it out and act all surprised, but then he had to ruin it by talking about some girl. Bee decided to push her thoughts about Ed being her half-brother aside.
    "Whose Winry?"
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 8/4/2012, 12:52 pm

I was suddenly snapped out of my memories at the mention of Winry, or something of the sort. I still wasn't paying much attention to Bee.
    "Winry? She's just a close friend of mine..." I trailed off
    Was I talking about her? I don't even know.
    Tea
    Tea

Female

Post by Tea 8/4/2012, 1:03 pm

"Mhmm..." Bee said. She knew that Ed liked this girl, the way he had said her name. It was just so... obvious. This girl, Winry, would have to be some kind of idiot to not realize it.
    "Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know that your my half-sibling" Bee quickly said. she knew that Ed probably wouldn't hear it, because he was daydreaming about 'Winry' whoever that was.
    "Oh, look at the time, it's lunch!" Bee said, looking at her imaginary watch on her wrist. She began walking back to camp, trying to avoid an awkward conversation.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 8/4/2012, 1:09 pm

"Yeah okay that's grea-"
    My eyes widened.
    "WHAT?!" I yelled.
    "GET BACK HERE DAMN IT!"
    I knew she wasn't going to simply turn around and walk back so I ran and skidded to a stop in front of her.
    Tea
    Tea

Female

Post by Tea 8/4/2012, 1:22 pm

When Ed had yelled at her to stop, Bee started fast walking instead. She didn't want to run, no, there were to many roots, and Bee (being her clumsy self) would trip and fall on her face.
    So when Ed ended up right in front of her, she had to quickly skid to a stop.
    "Yea, funny store, my dad just happens to be Thanatos too. What are the odds? Hahaha..." Bee said. She pulled her bag up on her shoulder a little more, and gave Ed an awkward smile.
    Yea, this wasn't a good idea... Bee thought to herself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 10:36 am