A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The underground kitchen (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

The underground kitchen (private) Empty The underground kitchen (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 4/9/2013, 9:13 am

- Flash-forward RP -

Still holding Gina's arm, I reached the Big House. It's blue façade shone in the sun, as if it was a reflection of the sky. Chiron being probably at the Archery Range and Mr. D. being... I don't know, somewhere else, we had not much chances of being caught. And even if we were. What would happen?
    I sneaked inside the House with Gina, making as less noise as possible. We found the way to the staircase and went underground, silently.
    The stairs were of cold, grey stone, but the temperature rose at every step. I knew the harpies were washing the dishes with lava, that might explain why I suddenly started sweating, and why my black clothes seemed so tight-fitting.
    We finally reached the kitchen and crouched down. Only one harpy was there, washing plates while humming a strange song in Ancient Greek. The lava cast a flickering, incredibly hot light inside the room.
    I noticed a pile of already washed plates that stood a bit away. I knew that Camp's plates were magical: they always filled with what you wanted to eat.
    But now, we had to sneak past the harpy, who could not only smell juicy demigods, but who had a very acute hearing.
    And the light would immediately betray us.
    But wait... where there's light, there's darkness.

"Watch close and stay here," I whispered to Gina, and, letting go of her, I ordered the shadows to accept me, and I faded away in them
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 2548
    Registration date : 2012-08-04

The underground kitchen (private) Empty Re: The underground kitchen (private)

Post by Jules 4/13/2013, 5:08 am

Gina held back a chuckle as she watched Morgan be absorbed into the shadows. Hecate kids simply couldnt resist showing off wherever possible. They could've simple gone to the mess hall and grabbed something to eat, but ofcourse that was too simple.
    She waited patiently for Morgan to reappear, absently listening to the Harpy singing her song.
    Distracted as she was, Gina hadn't noticed that the sound was getting louder and louder until the harpy was scarcely one metre away from her.
    Gina took a deep breath and faded into the wall, with her powers of camouflage she was now the exact shade of grey as the stone walls behind her, her hair, her face all seemed transparent as she pressed herself against the wall.
    Nearly impossible to see by the naked eye, especially in the darkness. Gina held her breath as the harpy passed her, wondering how she could warn Morgan not to simply reappear.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/13/2013, 10:01 am

My footsteps were light on the stone floor, and I sneaked behind two tables. On one of them, there was a pile of white plates. I just had to snatch one away and get back, but then the harpy started moving, coming directly over to me, but without seeing. It was already a miracle she hadn't scented me.
    Okay, of course we could've waited until the conch rang for dinner, but that was three hours away, and Gina, who came back from a long trip, really seemed hungry. I couldn't let her like that.
    I crouched under the table, still covered in shadows, and started moving to the other side.
    My heart suddenly missed a beat.
    If the harpy was here... she could see Gina.
    I looked at where she was - and saw nothing. Like, absolutely nothing, just the blank wall. Where the hell was she? For one moment, I thought she had just left... But that seemed improbable. Why would she, anyway?
    The harpy had walked past me and went to a cupboard, taking new soap out, and slowly walked back to the lava pit.
    Once she was washing again, I jumped out of my hiding, took one plate and one of the glasses that she had already washed, and bounced out of the kitchen.
    I looked past the corners, searching for Gina. Finally, I took the risk to call her.

"Gina!" I hissed.
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/18/2013, 3:56 am

Gina stood waiting for Morgan to come back as the harpy walked right past her and to a cupboard on the other end of the kitchen. Gina thoughts strayed to Ryan and where he was, was he okay without her? He had wanted to make a detour to Iceland but Gina had argued in favour of coming to camp, she wondered what was taking him so long.
    Gina jumped, startled, she hadn't noticed Morgan come back. She quickly scanned the area around them and seeing as the harpy was still within throwing distance, she preferred not to reveal herself. Instead she hissed back, "Morgan! I'm here", giggling a little at the thought of how strange it must be to have an expanse of wall hiss at you.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/23/2013, 8:13 am

I spin around and look at .. the wall.

"Gina?" I whisper again.

I could've sworn the voice had come from the wall! I scanned the stones and finally extended a shy hand. I touch a nose and giggle.

"Found you," I say. "Come on, let's get away from here!" I add and start jogging away silently.
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/24/2013, 10:15 am

Gina winced a little when a hand touched her face and stepped away from the wall smoothly, gradually becoming more visible until she reappeared completely. Gina wasnt comfortable with people touching her closely, but as she surveyed Morgan's kind friendly face she couldnt help but warm to the girl, her half-sister.
    As Morgan began jogging away from that place Gina followed wordlessly, her long hair blowing out behind her as she walked at a brisk pace, a few steps behind the other girl.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/24/2013, 3:53 pm

We got out of the Big House, running and we stopped only when we were in the shadows of the trees.
    I sat down on the rough ground, and crossed my legs. My hair was messy and several leaves were sticking in them.
    I smile, then handed the plate and the glass to Gina.

"You know they fill with whatever you want," I told her. "Just wish for something."
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/24/2013, 4:51 pm

Gina caught a low branch of one of trees surrounding them as she stopped, her face slightly flushed from having sprinted over from the big house. Taking the plate and glass from Morgan, she said "Thanks a bunch", in a friendly voice that surprised even her. She hesitated for a few moments and then plonked down on the ground beside Morgan, with a small shrug. "So do you dot his often?", she asked, playfully "steal food I mean."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2013, 8:22 am

I shook my head.

"Nope. I'm not the type to eat between the meals. Besides, what we get to eat at lunch time is fairly enough for the rest of the day; I'd often skip dinner if not for my cabin mates."

I crossed my legs and looked at her, then I leaned back against a tree trunk. It was rough and hard, but it didn't bother me, I liked that feeling. I wondered whether Hamadryads were around; I loved nymphs, especially the Corycids and Oreads, they always treated me well because my mother was Hecate.

"Did you have to steal food when you were, let's say, on your two-years-long trip?"
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 4/25/2013, 2:25 pm

Gina shrugged, "Sometimes. Other times we bought food, sometimes people gave it to us, without us asking." she said and smirked a little, "We can be slightly...intimidating, Ryan and I", she added. Gina dint mean to come off as a bully, but it struck her that she may have, she considered providing an explanation and then scrapped the thought almost instantly. people would think what they wanted to about her, regardless of whether she tried or not.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/26/2013, 9:24 am

I listened to her then put inclined my head.

"Intimidating?" I asked.

Normally, most demigods looked like children who slept in the street, when they were outside of Camp - which was often sadly true. They looked poor and their clothes were stained and sometimes a little ripped. They looked like poor orphans, inspired pity.... but intimidating?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 9:45 am