A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

James's Bunk

Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1363
    Registration date : 2013-01-15

James's Bunk Empty James's Bunk

Post by Ryger17 4/28/2013, 7:05 pm

I want in and stick my sword into my bed post. How could I have been so stupid, challenging him to a fight.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female
    Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

James's Bunk Empty Re: James's Bunk

Post by JosieWosie 7/21/2013, 10:22 pm

Devlin Lewis

“I'm pretty freaking comfortable”

OOC/Notes: I figured since both our charrie's have been at camp a while it only made sense they knew each other cool with you? I can always change it, not a huge deal.

Devlin strolled into the barracks of the third cohort. Feeling good after a good sparring with a fellow comrade he wiped the sweat off his brow before it stung his muddy brown eyes; he didn't win, but it was a good match and was trying to not let his temper get the best of him. Glad to be out of the hot mid-morning sun he walked past his bunk and into James's to see how he was holding up. Devlin had been at camp for almost three years now and he was pretty well versed with his cohort members, it would be dumb if he didn't know everyone after three years of living with them. James was at his bunk, he didn't seem too happy to be honest but that was all the more reason to see what's up.

Wiping his sweaty hands on the ends of his purple Camp Jupiter tee, he slapped his knee through his tan cargo pants.In anyother situation most campers speak with authority or submission to each other, it was Camp Jupiter way, military style; but in the comfort of the barracks it was pretty damn casual. "Hey man, back from sparing, you?" Devlin spoke up giving James half his attention as he made himself comfortable on the son of Victoria's bunk. I know he hates when I sit on his junk but I've known him since I got here, he'll just push me off and throw a half meaningful punch. Devlin was only sixteen when he met the fourteen year old James, he had been at camp far before Devlin was and he taught him how this place worked. Three years later, and his bro is now sixteen and Devlin was eighteen. With his hands behind his head as he laid on James' bunk he fluffed up his jet black hair and gave a stupid "I'm pretty freaking comfortable on your bed" sarcastic smile to James after he spoke.

Word Count: 325
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/21/2013, 10:54 pm

I let out a sigh, "When will you learn that I do not like you on my bunk?"

I pulled my sword out of the bed post, poked Devlin with it to make him move, and sat down. I took the bottom part of my shirt and wiped some sweat off my forehead. That was the thing about Devlin, he would always try to do little things to annoy me, like sitting on my bed. Since we had been friends for a while I didn't really mind when he did it but if some new kid decides to waddled his or her way over here, they would be sorry.

"You won't believe the fight I just had," I rolled my left shoulder. It was still stiff from the gash, but the makeshift bandage was effective, stopping most of the bleeding. "One second I was kicking this new kid's butt, the next thing I know he was glowing red and I have never have had to go that strong on defense before. Even that wasn't enough, he still got through and gave me a pretty good gash along my arm."

It felt weird telling Devlin about getting beat up by some random kid. He knew that I hardly ever lost and those few times were against more than three opponents. Devlin was my regular sparring partner so we were pretty evenly matched, so I instantly regretted telling him about this skirmish. Since I told, he probably won't ever let me hear the end of it.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/21/2013, 11:18 pm

Devlin Lewis

“Dev's power came at a cost...”

OOC/Notes: So exclamation marks look like lower case 'L''s and I have no idea why. Just know if it's a weirdly placed L it's probably an exclamation mark.

Devlin watched James pull out his sword and knew it was about time. Feeling a sharp poke at his side; "Hey!" He knew it was only a matter of time he'd get off so he took it and got off only to lean on James's bed post instead. Listening to his tale he nodded every few words to show he was indeed listening. Devlin wasn't the judgemental type, he didn't care what cohort someone was in or who their parents were, just a friendly face at camp; most days when he wasn't in a bad mood.

He hated the way James beat up the new kids, Devlin was sixteen and he nearly got his butt whooped by a fourteen year old, but James didn't know when to quit and he handed it right back. Now a days James was a far better fighter, he was only sixteen and was at par with an eighteen year old. "The kid's on something I swear!" Devlin would say whenever they would go at it and James would barely win. Hearing James got beat by a new camper made Devlin smile; way to go new kid don't take that crap. "That's what you get man! I told you not to mess with the new kids, you don't know who their parents are, it only matters when it comes to the powers they might have. How much you bet he was a Bellona kid?" Devlin knew how it worked, the new kid would come in, James would beat him up, Devlin would cheer him up; it was a weird friendship but it worked.

"Lemme see that arm." Devlin propped up and grabbed James' arm, focusing a bit "nah that's nothing man! don't be a baby" In reality, Devlin only grabbed James' arm to work his luck on him. He needed to touch someone to give them some luck, and he can't control what it does for the one hour it lasts; truthfully, he was hoping it would go to healing the wound within the hour as opposed to days, but it could equally go to giving James an edge on a rematch with the newbie. Devlin looked up at James, he figured it would only be a second before he saw the slight glowing aura appear and James would know what he had done. It's like a second high, a huge rush of euphoria for a second and then you know you have some luck coming your way. Wait for it Dev, you know he hates when I give him my luck for the hour.Being a son of Fortuna had it's perks, but Dev's power came at a cost, the hour he gives to James for good luck is an hour taken away from Dev's day of luck and James had always found it to be cheating at life or something arrogant; then again their matching arrogance is a trait they shared and came friends over.

Word Count: 492
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/21/2013, 11:35 pm

As Devlin studied the wound on my arm, I told him about the kid I fought with.

"After the fight I actually talked with the kid. He said his name is Leo, he is from the fifth cohort. That red glow he had about him, he said it was called Mars Rage or something like that. Since it had something to do with Mars, I assumed that was his dad." I trailed off watching Devlin look at his arm. Devlin then let go and sat there looking at me.

"What?" I asked him, "Is there something wrong with me. Besides the shoulder of course." As I rolled it I noticed a glow around it. I slowly lowered my arm, clenching my jaw. "Why? You know I prefer to heal from these myself. Any help to it and it feels like.." I kicked the bed post, jamming my two biggest toes. "Damn it! It just feels like I am cheating in combat. In a battle there won't be any magic to help. Just leave it alone next time."

I felt a bit bad about yelling at Devlin, but this isn't the first time he has done it. He just tries to be too nice at some points. I turned from him and started pacing the barrack.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/22/2013, 12:06 am

Devlin Lewis

“Devlin was really grinding his teeth to hold back his temperament it was his fatal flaw...”

OOC/Notes: If you post, I can start a topic in the mess hall if you want to go there

Devlin rolled his earthy eyes over and knew he had pissed James off but he knew he's appreciate it after it healed up, he almost always did."Yea yea, I'll leave it alone and do what you say" Devlin spoke in a mocking, playful tone. Said no one ever. He watched James pace around the barracks, tempted to plop right back on his bunk again, he knew better than to push it. Strike two for the day and Devlin knew it was best to not cause an argument. Instead he figured he would offer to get some food; it was around lunch time or a bit past if anything but the mess hall was almost always open anyways.

Worried about leaving the barracks now that he would have some ill luck for an hour he figured if James was around with his borrowed luck it would be that bad. "Let's get something to eat, I'm starving after today you must be too after that fight; oh by the way my sparing went great, thank for asking."  Dev teased James a bit but purposely left out the fact that Devlin had lost, it wasn't one of his bad days but it was getting closer and the amount of good luck he naturally had was slowly diminishing as the second bad day of the month was rolling around.

Only two more days and then it'll be twenty four hours of hell, but after that I'm all good for the next couple of weeks.  Dev hated that about himself, every month at least two days would be hell for him, he couldn't have good luck every day forever; and he understood that but he wished he didn't have bad luck twenty four times a year. Being a respectful son, Devlin loved the gods and thanked him for his, well, luck. He wouldn't dare be ungrateful for his gifts but he wished it wasn't such a hard trade off sometimes.

Getting off James' post he walked in the direction of the exit of the barrack, hitting his head hard on a bunk next to him; echoing a loud thud. "DAMNIT, there, see it's payback for helping you happy? You coming or what?" Devlin was really grinding his teeth to hold back his temperament it was his fatal flaw to be honest, he can't keep his calm most of the time and he suffered from it.

Word Count: 492
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/22/2013, 1:42 pm

As Devlin hit his head on the next bunk, I couldn't help but feeling guilty. He given me his luck in the hope that it would heal my wound faster. And now he was suffering bad luck because of me. I stopped walking and turned to him, "Listen, man. I'm sorry I yelled at you but you know I have some anger issues. Yeah, let's go get some food."

I wedged my way past him and towards to door. My foot kicked something; I look down to see my lost wallet. I let out an audible sigh, here I am, best luck in the world finding my wallet and Devlin walking into walls because of me. I picked up my wallet and continue walking to the door.

I stop by the open door, "Are you coming?" I try to give him a nice smile, but my heart just isn't into it. Maybe some food will make me feel better.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/22/2013, 3:50 pm

Devlin Lewis

“Finally...”

OOC/Notes: Want me to start it or do you?

Dev knew James didn't mean to yell, he had it coming but he couldn't let him go around looking hurt, the campers that were once beat up by James would take advantage of it. Glad that they were going to get some grub Devlin walked carefully towards James, he had to be extra careful for the next hour or so until his transfer wore off. "Yea, sounds like a plan. I'm starving man" Devlin shook his head and patted his abs to emphasise his hunger as he replied.

James stopped for a moment just before walking out and Devlin watched James pick up something from the ground; at first glance he figured it was trash but then he realized it was that old wallet James lost awhile back and he couldn't help but chuckle a bit. Of all the things the hour of luck can go to it started out with finding a wallet. Bloody brilliant. Devlin thought to himself, it was a phrase his mum, being british and all, would say quite often in a sarcastic way; clearly Dev picked up on it. Hearing James sigh as he picked the wallet up Devlin couldn't help but make note of it. "Yea I'm coming, I hope they have barbeque today, I'm getting really tired of bread and cheese or those little fruits on sticks. Didn't you have like twenty drachmas in that wallet? How do you even fit coins in that thing?" Devlin smirked a bit as they walked out to the mess hall.

It was pretty bright outside and Devlin wasn't fond of sweating as much as he did in the sun but he figured it would only be a short walk to the mess hall if anything. Being pretty silent the whole way, they finally arrived at the mess hall, it was rather empty with few people sitting at the tables. Finally.

Word Count: 314
    [/color]

Last edited by JosieWosie on 7/22/2013, 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/22/2013, 3:51 pm

Ooc: You can post first, I'll be gone for a little bit.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/22/2013, 6:06 pm

http://www.camphalfblood.org/t13027p900-the-mess-hall I just used a public one anf forgot to link it to you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 5:57 am