A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+7
Oli_Paxton
Break
Doug The Turtle
Morgan Landry
Komaeda
Bucky Barnes
Jules
11 posters

Picking moss off boulders [OPEN]

Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 2548
    Registration date : 2012-08-04

Picking moss off boulders [OPEN] Empty Picking moss off boulders [OPEN]

Post by Jules 5/21/2013, 1:37 pm

Socks leaned against the rough tree bark, scarcely unaware of the few leaves that had fluttered down to settle in his hair. Feeling the warm sunlight against his closed eyelids, Socks realised he dint know how long he had been here for, then again time near the creek was always fleeting. One of his favourite places in camp, the creek always provided Socks with a nice relaxing atmosphere in which to get away from the hordes of people in camp and gather his thoughts. Ever since he discovered this particular secluded spot however Socks had begun coming here even more than usual, the canopy of leafy trees over him, the arbitrary arrangement of moss covered boulders and the soothing sound of the creek a few metres ahead served as the perfect getaway. His eyes still closed, Socks arched his back slightly, stretching his arms out above him with a rather loud yawn, as he blinked his sleep away however he became aware of something sliding off of his thigh and slapped his hand down reflexively on the book he had been reading, preventing it from falling. As he set it down carefully beside him, Socks rubbed his eyes with the ball of palm and blinked furiously in the bright sunlight. Once his eyes adjusted to the light however he was struck by the beauty of the creek that reflected the sunlight like a river of diamonds ahead of him and couldn't help but gasp softly.

Last edited by Aurora on 5/29/2013, 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1567
    Registration date : 2012-12-10

Picking moss off boulders [OPEN] Empty Re: Picking moss off boulders [OPEN]

Post by Bucky Barnes 5/23/2013, 1:33 pm

Aarya walked slowly along the creek. She kicked the water every time she thought too hard. At the moment all she wanted to do was run away from this place, finally be free. That was not going to happen. She had no where to go, and nothing to do when she got there. She kicked the water again, and let her mind wander. Eventually she stumbled upon a large tree. She sat at the trunk of the grand oak and placed her bare feet in the water. Her beautiful smile that had not appeared in quite a while materialized on her face. She was pleased with the calming rush of cold water. "Wonderful." She muttered.
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 5/23/2013, 2:41 pm

Socks looked away from the creek, distracted as he heard footsteps coming his way. Lifting his head slightly to squint into the bright sunlight, he could make out the outline of a girl. Unable to tell whether she was his age or not, Socks decided to ignore the stranger. He leaned back against the bark of the tree again and hummed quietly to himself, wondering what he would do today. Feeling a warm cushy something squashed up against his thigh, Socks registered the presence of his cat. Cheshire really was a strange cat, always wandering off and dissapearing to somewhere or the other nevertheless Socks was amazed at how the cat always managed to find him regardless of where he was. This strange talent of his, enforced Socks' belief that Cheshire was nothing less or more than magical, or supernatural if you will.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 5/23/2013, 4:43 pm

Aarya could hear humming in the distance. She squinted in the general direction. All she could make out was the outline of a boy, tree, and cat. She would have called to him if she care enough to make friends. Aarya re-directed her gaze to the creek. She grabbed the hilt of her sword and tried to hit random fish in the lake with it. After a while, Aarya looked back to where the boy was, and still is. She rolled her eyes at the sight of him petting his cat. She felt slightly jealous that her dog was not there to keep her company. She could call him of course, but that would bring attention to herself, which is the opposite of what she wanted to do. Aarya kicked her feet again, splashing herself with water, and leaned against the tree once more.
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 5/24/2013, 9:22 am

Socks eased himself off the forest floor, placing both palms in the mud as he did. Wiping them on his knee length khaki shorts he walked forward till he stood in a few into the creek, knee deep in the water. He had kicked off his slippers as he walked and was currently in the process of peeling off his shirt, in one fluid motion he had tossed that behind him as well. Standig bare chested in the water, Socks took a few long strides forward again, closing his eyes as he did, enjoying the feeling of the cool water lapping around his waist even as the bright sunlight beat down on him from above. Brillaint he thought, contentedly turning his face upward so that it caught the sunlight directly, causing him to sense a red glow behind his closed eyelids.

As he looked straight ahead and opened his eyes calmly, Socks opened his palm and examined the small pebbles that he had scooped up while sitting by the tree. They were perfect for throwing and skipping across the still surface of the lake. Transefering one of them to his right hand, he looked forward srutinisingly and holding it delicately between his index finger and thumb, he quickly flicked the grey pebble forward unto the calm surface of the water, watching as it skipped three three time creating ripples as it did before finally dissapearing as it sunk into the water.

He smiled happily, satisfied at this feat and completely unconcerned about anyone that was possibly watching him. Picking up another pebble, a pinkish one this time, with flecks of grey, Socks briefly examined the stone, before quickly flipping it over the the water as well. However his finger slipped slightly as he attempted to toss and Socks let out a quiet groan as the pebble simply simply sunk into the water without event. Leaned back slightly, Socks examined the spot where it had dissapeared speculatively,wondering about its journey to the floor of the creek. Subconciously taking a step forward, Socks felt his foot ram hard to an unexpected object, a rock perhaps and lost his footing. Suspended awkwardly in mid air for a split second, his arms spayled in a useless effort to right himself, Socks fell backwards with a splash, going under for a moment as he landed flat on his butt. Reflexively however, Socks kicked upward and emerged above the surface, spluttering a little.

No sooner than he had caught his breath however, Socks began laughing hysterically as he blinked the water out of his eyes. Two feet planted firmly in the floor of the creek, Socks felt the current swirly around him as he tossed his head back again and stared at the sky, not bothering to close his eyes this time having sensed correctly by the sudden coolness of the air that the Sun had gone behind a cloud. Losing himself in the infinite majesty of the endless sky, Socks wondered- not for the first time- what it would be like to be able to fly as high as he could go until the clouds streched out like a carpet beneath him. Suppressing a slight shiver as the cool water droplets trickled down his well toned chest, Socks looked down again as the Sun came out behind the clouds. He turned 180 degrees in the water, now facing the opposite direction than he was before, looking directly at the shore and the girl who was now leaning against a tree a little way away from where he has been sitting. Although he was unable to make out her expression, he was sure that she was likely to be rolling her eyes or perhaps even sniggering at him, thats how people were. For his part however, Socks dint care. Using his hands to skim the surface of the water around him, he created ripples in circles around himself, all the while his eyes never leaving the girl as he gave a her a slight, crooked smile.
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female
    Number of posts : 2082
    Registration date : 2012-12-09

Post by Komaeda 5/24/2013, 9:36 am

3 words discribe my life. I hate it. I storm down to the creek and start wispering to my self. " Stupid! Stupid! " I say over and over repeatably face palming my self. I make a peace of earth fly up before me and I through it in the water getting me all wet. " I hate this stupid camp. " I mutter to my self. I hear words surround me on the other side of the creek. I turn my attention to them as another piece of earth but smaller, gets spashed right in front of them. I look up to see what I have done. " I am sorry!! "
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 5/24/2013, 10:21 am

Picking moss off boulders - Morgan joins

I remembered the first time I ever came to the Zephyros Creek.
    It had been a nice summer afternoon, two or three weeks ago, and I had bathed in the sunlight then met a new friend before being attacked by a lamia.
    I had been surprised she had attacked me. Normally, chthonian creatures let me alone.... well, most of the time. But the first Lamia was not only a chthonian creature, she was, like me, Hecate's daughter. Which kind of made her my half sister but I ignored that. It was too odd.
    But again, I was thinking about this day as my footsteps gently carried me over to the creek. As always, it's pale and limpid color made me think of a paradisiac Hawaiian lagoon, and a smile twisted my lips apart. I pushed a streak of my long brown hair behind my ear and looked around.
    Obviously, I wasn't alone.

Two or three fellow Campers were there. At first sight, I didn't recognize anyone of them. There was a tall boy of about my age, and... I couldn't really make out the others. They seemed to be in a conversation, would I bother them by joining in? Perhaps. Probably. Anyway, I couldn't resist the temptation to smile at them. I always did so with strangers.
    I just hoped my bow and quiver wouldn't make me look to pugnacious. But I just came back from archery training and hadn't had the time to put my bow back to the weapon shed. The wood laced the front of my black shirt, and so did the leather strap that kept my quiver tightly bound on my back. I had let my long brown-black hair out of my ponytail and now it fell until my hips.
    My smile went to the group of persons and I nodded at them to make sure they understood it was aimed at them.
    After that, I allowed myself to sit down on a rock, and watch them a little - perhaps they would invite me to their conversation.

CRÉDIT - CSS
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 5/24/2013, 10:51 am

Aarya turned her head to the girl that had just soaked her wet. She stood on shaking feet, looking the girl in the face. Aarya set her jaw, clenching her teeth. Trying to control her temper, which was hard, she smiled wickedly. "Hello" She said, resting her hand on the hilt of her sword. Aarya looked down at her feet when she realized that she was ankle high in water. She stumbled back to the tree.
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female

Post by Komaeda 5/24/2013, 12:18 pm

I wringed the water out of my hair and clothes to reach for the girl's hand. " Hey, I'm Terra, Hecate's daughter I persume you are. You seem like one. I am a daughter of Geb. " I smile and keep my fists clinced and down at my waste to prevent anymore flying earth. I walk across the creek as i get my feet wet. " I am sorry about that by the way, I just sometimes cant control my powers. I just need to work harder ya know? " I look at the guy next to her. " Who are you? " I ask him with a small grin on my face. Maybe Percy can just wait for a moment, his friend didnt say that he was that much in trouble. I felt my power go as I moved my hand and no rocks flew anywere. " Yes! " I wispered to my self.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 5/24/2013, 2:56 pm

Aaraya took the girls hand cautiously. "I am Aarya, and yes, daughter of Hecate. I'm not quite as... magical, as my siblings. I prefer the shadows." Aarya smiled evilly. She let go of the girls hand. "Isn't Geb the earth goddess lady thing?" aarya asked questioningly. She leaned back against the tree, wondering why there were so many random people around this creek, because it was usually lesser known. She did not have to ponder long. She herself did not know the creek was so beautiful until this day. They most likely were told of its beauty from others around camp. "You trying to master your powers?" She asked Terra.
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female

Post by Komaeda 5/24/2013, 3:16 pm

" Well, sorta. Geb is the Egyptian god of earth. And yes I am trying to master my powers. I cant seem to do it. " I raise a piece of earth from the ground and make it fly who the heck knows where. " I can also do earth quakes but- " I cut my self off as I remembers about when I used it this week. Tears went down my face at the thought. I took my sword and stabbed a tree near by. I slid down the trunk of the tree I stabbed. " I am so sorry Percy, I am so sorry. " I get you about 5 minutes later and shoot an earth piece into the sky in anger. I could have done something! But I didnt.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 5/24/2013, 4:43 pm

I had the impression they had a nice conversation going on, and I smiled. Perhaps I shouldn't join, then. I had just seen one of them splash water at another one. The girl was young, perhaps eleven or twelve. I recognized the other one though: her name was Aarya, and she was from my own cabin: Hecate. I knew she was fifteen too.

Wait.

How come Hecate had two children ... of the same age? From different men?

My smile twisted into a surprised rictus as I thought about it before deciding it wasn't worth the effort. Some things were better left unsaid.

I slid my bow off my shoulder - the wood started to weigh a little, and a film of perspiration had started to cover my forehead. Looking at the Creek, I couldn't resist the temptation to take my shoes off.
    Shoes? Okay, my military jackboots.

Yes, set, with iron spikes.

I took them off and put them next to the rock. After that, I took my black socks off and stuffed them into my boots, then I waded into the water.
    Apart from my black T-Shirt, all I had was a pair of black shorts that covered me until mid-thigh. I made a cup out of my hands and dipped them into the water, then splashed my warm face with it. The shock was coolly refreshing and I closed my eyes in delight.
    I bathed my arms and forearms, kneeling down in the water and putting water on my head, not caring wether my clothes became wet or not.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 5/27/2013, 6:09 pm

Aarya looked over at the girl sitting by the creek. She looked familiar. Aarya squinted against the light to get a better look at her. Aarya knew the girl as Morgan, though not knowing her last name, her half sister. Morgan wore black clothes, like Aarya, but had much lighter skin. Aarya also knew that Morgan was 15 as well. She tore her glance away from Morgan back to Terra. "What are you yelling about? And who the h*ll is Percy?" She said, tilting her head and not really caring about the answer.
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female

Post by Komaeda 5/29/2013, 7:11 am

I sighed. " He is just a friend, I-I need to go help him, but I just cant. For all I know he could be dead by now, either that or he is suffering unidentified pain and he would die soon, chances are grim, thats all I am saying. " I sighed agian as I get up and grab my sword from the tree. " I would go help him ya know? But I cant control my powers enough to help, what if I mess up and hurt him instead. I just couldnt risk it. " I say looking her in the eye. I grab a cump of dirt and I mold it into a heart using my powers. The heart then falls to the ground and breaks. " Every demigod on earth can control there powers, but- " I look up at te sky. " -but why cant I control mine? "
    Doug The Turtle

Male
    Number of posts : 2320
    Registration date : 2013-04-20

Post by Doug The Turtle 5/29/2013, 7:16 am

I run down to the creek after escaping those guys i sigh And jump in the creek and comeback up i don't notice anyone there so i lay on my back in the water and hear Terra i automatically sit up "Terra! are you ok?"I climb out of the water and run towards her i stop at her because i don't know if she's hurt my scratches and buises ache i hated being in that.... that prison
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 5/29/2013, 7:43 am

Socks blinked, coming out of his reverie as a young boy jumped into the creek beside him, inadvertently splashing water onto him. Stepping backward, Socks looked around bemusedly, there were people all around. how the hell had the creek gotten so crowded? he thought, this was supposed to be a secret place for crying out loud. Apart from the boy that had just splashed him with water, there were two other campers apparently in the middle of a discussion, the girl who had been leaning against the tree was also still present. Socks reserved a special scowl for the last one, as though she was responsible for leading all these people here. Still frowning so that his forehead was slightly creased, Socks waded out of the creek and looked around for his t-shirt. The sun hadnt come out from behind the clouds yet and standing bare chested in the increasilingly cooler water hadnt been the best idea.

Running a hand absentmindedly against the goosebumps that had appeared on his arms, Socks shook his head a little to get rid of the dripping sensation on his face. Finally finding his tshirt, he used the soft cloth to dab against his wet torso, having not had the presence of mind to bring a towel. Slinking away toward the tree he had intially sat against, he hoped no one was particularly aware of his presence, he really dint feel like being drawn into a conversation at the moment. His narrowed eyes revealing his irritation again, Socks turned away from the droves of people, spotting Cheshire curled up asleep near the base of the tree. A bit annoyed at everything, including his cat, Socks ignored the fat tabby and continued dabbing at his now nearly dry skin.

ooc: -Some sort of posting order guys? To prevent chaos.
    -Fred weasley and New kid, the word minimum is 100. Please keep to that if you want to continue posting in this topic.
    -Paying some attention to spelling and grammar would be great too, I cant respond to your posts if I dont understand them.
    -Putting effort into your posts is really rewarding guys, whether that means trying to put in detail or spell checking your posts. It takes time and effort but its worth it and frankly, its really not that hard. This ooc is 100 words right here.

Last edited by Aurora on 5/29/2013, 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female

Post by Komaeda 5/29/2013, 7:50 am

ooc: posting order is fine with me

" Percy? Percy! " I go out and hug him. " How did you escape from them? I am so sorry I couldnt help! I just didnt think I could help you. I am so so so so so sorry! I am just so stupid! I walk away from him and I start hitting my forhead while walking back andforth calling myself stupid a bunch of times. I put back on the sweater/hoodie that was tied around my waist. Then put the black hood over my light blonde hair. I then put my hands in my pockets and walked over to Percy. I sighed and I looked up at him. " Percy, I-I just, I just have to go I am sorry. " I say running off into the forest. Leaving that little rock heart behind me, I might never come back. I just cant go through with this life any longer. Fear grasps me as I leave making me feel like I am being watched at every second of my life. I leave having a chill down my back. I am just scared I will never say Good Bye.

Last edited by Hiccup on 5/29/2013, 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 5/29/2013, 7:54 am

Ooc: Incase you havnt noticed, there IS no posting order at the moment.
    If you want to post in this topic, keep to the 100 word minimum. If you cant do that, you're free to post elsewhere.
    Doug The Turtle

Male
    Number of posts : 2320
    Registration date : 2013-04-20

Post by Doug The Turtle 5/29/2013, 4:13 pm

I huge her back and smile and as she runs off i run after her i can't let anything happen to her.

OOC:Sorry nothing else to say :(
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 5/29/2013, 8:38 pm

OOC: Sorry, I don't really count my words, and I am a little depressed at the moment, so... I'm just gonna leave.

BIC:
    Aarya ran off into the trees, considering she did not really like people, and she knew none of them.

Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1714
    Registration date : 2012-02-13

Post by Break 5/30/2013, 3:57 pm

I walked in my back was still partially broken into small pieces, they did ache but why would I care, I was daughter to a millionaire who could get the best op whenever.
    I paused for a brief second moving a strand of my dark blue hair away from my eyes which shone a aura blue color though the effect was unnoticeable, a person with sharp sight would notice it instantly.
    Though I wondered about my newly found younger brother Gregor who actually looked nothing like me , though we did think that our safest place was the silver woods with the wolf pack and we both could communicate with animals.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male
    Number of posts : 739
    Registration date : 2012-11-23

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/30/2013, 4:13 pm

Oliver walked through the forest. It had been a while since he did anything at camp. Wandering around, he liked the peace of the forest. The rest of camp was kind of...filled with people. And the rest of the world was filled with monsters. As he walked, Oli saw a girl. As he kept walking, he saw that the blue in her hair was glowing. "That's weird an cool..." He mutters to himself as he walks. He was used to seeing things like this now. Nothing has been truely weird since he saw a half goat man and finding out his mother was the Greek goddess of wisdom.
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1714
    Registration date : 2012-02-13

Post by Break 5/31/2013, 12:00 pm

I paused I could sense it a boy was staring at my glowing hair.
    I walked over to the boy, my hair was brushing against my face , I turned back round as I could tell he was in busied thought.
    I made a blue ball of aura which was 5X5 , I then threw into the air and as it landed she kicked it into one of the boulder and it exploded into millions of hues of blue like a firework.
    The boulder it hit was now covered in glitter which made the moss glow a silky blue which was like a glowstick.

Last edited by Break on 6/1/2013, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 5/31/2013, 1:21 pm

ooc: You know what I told you about switching from first to third person and vice-versa? You just did it again. Please edit, its very confusing to read.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male
    Number of posts : 739
    Registration date : 2012-11-23

Post by Oli_Paxton 5/31/2013, 1:40 pm

Oliver walke up to this girl. "How did you do that?" He asks her. "That was amazing." He'd never seen anything like it, except for when he was a child and went to see fireworks with his father. The boulder was now covered in blue, which looked cool. After all the time he'd been here, he'd never seen anything like glowing hair and balls of blue glowy stuff. Oliver wondered who her godly parent was, because that was bound to be related to the power she has, and the glowing hair.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 5:42 am