A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Developing Some Confidence... and Photos

Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5142
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Developing Some Confidence... and Photos Empty Developing Some Confidence... and Photos

Post by Jordan 5/30/2013, 10:06 pm

Rudolph exited a solid black revolving door. He was so glad that the Camp had a dark room. The room was stocked with detox and fix, and stop. He wondered how many people actually used the Developing room... probably not many. The son of Iris moved to a tall metal table and spread out his photos. They were fresh out of the water bath, if he let them touch, they'ed stick, and become ruined. He turned to a wire rack, probably used to let paintings dry, but figured it would suit the same purpose. Rudolph began to load the drying rack with his 5x7 inch photos. Faces of campers smiled up at him and he couldn't help but smile back. Though several of them were against getting their photos taken, he could see the beauty each one of them possessed. And he loved capturing it.
    Rudolph wiped his hands on his worn skinny jeans, removing the water that lingered on his palms before working on developing his newly shot film. Rudolph collected the essential supplies around the art room, a black bag, a canister and lid, two film reels, a pair of scissors and a can opener. Rudolph placed all the items into the bag before zipping it closed and stuffing his arms in the holes meant for work. Rudolph rolled his shoulders under a crimson cardigan and set to work, glancing up slightly as he noticed the presence of a girl.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male
    Number of posts : 3580
    Registration date : 2012-08-07

Developing Some Confidence... and Photos Empty Re: Developing Some Confidence... and Photos

Post by Josh 5/31/2013, 6:21 pm

I had been sitting fairly quietly in the corner. I had not seen this boy in here before, not during any of the others times I had been in this room. This was my quiet zone, away from others. I liked other people, but I couldn't always deal with them, and sometimes just need a break, an escape even. The dark room in camp, that was one of those places to go. It wasn't used very often.

The boy, he looked like he actually knew what he was doing. I had not seen people develop photography like that up close before, and seen the steps. I'd been in here and seen the pictures, and sometimes I would have gone up the pictures and looked at them. It was nice to look at the pictures of people from around camp. The groups of friends, the essence of their friendship captured forever. They were pleasant to look at. I didn't have many friends, it was quite sad, but I compromised by looking at those photos.

The boy looked like he was enjoying his work too. He definitely knew what he was doing, I was trying to work out who he was. I really couldn't recognise him at all. Then again, I wasn't Miss Popular, so it didn't surprise me I didn't know.

He then glanced up, and I wasn't sure whether he had seen me. I was slinking back, as if to not be seen, I wasn't comfortable with confrontation. I tried to slink down from the ledge I was sitting on, and moved down, slowly. But, I realised, hiding was futile, he had seen me, there was no denying it.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Developing Some Confidence... and Photos Empty Re: Developing Some Confidence... and Photos

Post by Jordan 6/1/2013, 8:48 pm

Rudolph locked eyes for a second with the girl across the room and he smiled, shifting a lock of copper colored hair from his face with a puff of his breath. His fingers quickly found the roll of film inside the bag as the can opener was applied. With a quick movement, Rudolph had managed to pry open the metal lid and removed the film, continuing to work blindly.
    "Hello." Rudolph smiled to break the silence. It was awfully quiet in here... even more so because he didn't recognize the girl who shared his company. He couldn't place a name, and her face didn't ring a bell either. This meant two things.
    1. He was fairly new to camp, and hadn't met too many people.
    2. He hadn't gotten her picture yet.
    Of course this needed to be fixed, but the lighting in the room was awful, and he was a tad busy developing film. If he decided to remove his arms, light would enter the bag and ruin his film! All that time and effort, wasted. Luckily, he had managed to work the edge of the film into the developing reel and started the exercise of rolling up the film. This and matting photos had to be some of the worst things about photography, the best was going out to eternally capture a scene of beauty.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 6/6/2013, 6:02 am

Ooc: Sorry! I forgot!

He spoke to me. All it was was a simple greeting, "Hello". That's all he had said. I tried to say hello back, without stuttering, but that couldn't be achieved and it came it out as, "H...he...hello." I silently kicked my foot against the floor. I hated my stutter more than anything, now he would find me incredibly awkward and that would be the end of it. That's how it usually went. I'd stutter, they'd find me to be a freak and then there would be nothing left but awkward silence. It wasn't fair. It wasn't like I wanted to stutter, I couldn't help it! Couldn't people see that?

I was perplexed by what he was doing. It still confused me as to what was going on. Dipping the paper in water? And then hanging it up? And why did it have to be so dark? Couldn't he just use a digital camera like anyone else did? It would have been a lot simpler and would have meant no problems. However, he didn't seem to work like that and he seemed to be enjoying what he was doing.

It seemed like a fairly nice hobby, just taking a pictures. I wondered whether people thought he was strange, for taking pictures of all things, that's if he took loads of pictures, but from the looks of it, he did. I guessed people liked having their pictures taken, I wouldn't have minded it, but no-one ever wanted to be in the pictures with me, I was just the awkward girl out to the side.

I then stood there for another moment, and realised I was probably breaking his concentration on his work, "I...I...I'll j... just leave you t...to your work. I....I'll g...go... away." I stuttered, if he could understand me. It's not like I wanted to leave, but he probably wouldn't have wanted me there... I would much rather have stayed, but I always just got in people's way.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 6/12/2013, 10:30 am

Rudolph turned and smiled at the girl. Something about how she spoke stood out to him... she had a stutter but, personally Rudolph found it to be an admirable trait. It added character, and seemed almost innocent. He finished rolling up the film and slipped his arms out after placing everything into the developing canister, with a locking funnel over the top. As long as the funnel was in place, light wouldn't be able to enter and ruin the film.

He placed a lid over the top, and added masking tape with his name, he didn't want to develop the film just yet, he needed to get to know the girl who shared his company. He stood and turned adjusting his clothing, to make sure he looked presentable. As he was about to go introduce himself, he heard her mention leaving. "No wait." Rudolph called, as he grabbed his camera from the counter. The camera had a few shots left, he needed a few more shots of camp and people before he could develop. His dad had told him he would only send more film once he  had  proof that his current supply was depleted. 

"Wait." Rudolph said moving around the stools that littered the floor. "I don't know you." He said matter-of-factly, "That either means you're new, or since I'm new, I just don't know everyone, or I don't have a photo of you. I remember every photo I take, and I don't have one with you... so. Would you mind?" The son of Iris asked with a smile. He lifted his camera slightly and quickly began to wonder where he could go to take the picture, the lighting was poor inside, but maybe he could find a window.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 6/18/2013, 10:33 am

I was just about to leave when the boy told me not to go. He doesn't want me to leave? I thought to myself. I wasn't used to that. Usually people preferred it when I left. They wouldn't say it, but most of the time I made people uncomfortable. I never acted like this back home on the ranch. I never stuttered with Mom or any of the ranch hands. It was nice back home, and I missed it quite a lot...

I turned back to look at the boy, who spoke to me and asked for a picture of me. I began to blush, and suddenly I was glad it was dark in here. Just before I had been admiring the photos, thinking about how no-one ever wanted me in them, but suddenly this boy here was asking for a picture of me. I was astounded, but happy. And the smile on my face, showed that reaction. "I d... don't m...mi...mind at all!" I told him. "A...and I...I've b..been here f...for a f...few months n...n...now, b...but I don't g... go out m..much, so it c...could be either." I explained to him.

I looked around and it was a bit dark in the room, and so I wondered how he was going to take the picture in here. Unless we opened a window, they were all blacked out at the moment to reduce the amount of light in the room. I looked around, and waited for instructions from him. I wasn't sure what to do. I looked back to him and stared at him, still smiling, waiting for his instructions. I was actually enjoying this moment. I wondered whether this boy in front of me was actually going to become my friend. That would nice. Friend. I still had few of them in camp.

After a while of standing around, I ran away, I was too nervous, I couldn't handle it.

OOC: Sorry, I needed her, and you're busy irl anyways

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 7:14 am