A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

the Funeral Pyre (private)

Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 14636
    Registration date : 2011-10-12

the Funeral Pyre (private) Empty the Funeral Pyre (private)

Post by Nemesis 6/1/2013, 5:49 pm

Oblivious formed out of the particles of shadow nearby, cracking his neck as he finished forming. Oblivious walked around the funeral pyre, inspecting it... no, more liked looking at the names of some of the lost on their burials. oblivious looked at some of them, he then decided he would call upon a spirit at random, knowing a spirit would come up "hello?" Oblivious called, waiting for a spirit to surface, he enjoyed talking to some spirits, as long as they didn't wine and keep complaining about why they shouldn't have died. oblivious prefered skeletons, because they could speak to him in the language of death, but they weren't very good participants for conversations.

Last edited by Phantom Reaver on 6/6/2013, 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male
    Number of posts : 1923
    Registration date : 2010-11-19

the Funeral Pyre (private) Empty Re: the Funeral Pyre (private)

Post by Theseus12 6/1/2013, 5:55 pm

Ophelia wondered what as summoning her... rising from the Elysian fields, she came in grey mist. "What? who called me? what's going on?" she sounded happy, but still felt as though some things in life she regretted.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/1/2013, 6:12 pm

oblivious aw the girl raise, seeing the translucent figure rise from the ground. it wasn't an underworld crime to talk to the living if called upon by them, so she would need no worry "hello , spirit. if I may, can I ask of your name?" Oblivious asked, the spirit had a pure presence but it still had that ghost coldness to it, she came from Elysium fields, she was considered a hero.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 6/1/2013, 6:15 pm

"Ophelia. Ophelia Halford." She regarded the mortal with a sad kind of coldness, as though she missed the concept of having a beating heart and stuff. "My father was Cocytus. River of Tears. Now, seeing as you brought me here, would you please explain your purpose, and whom you are as well?"
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/1/2013, 6:19 pm

"My name is Zeanorthoblivious, Oblivious for short, I am son of Thanatos, the one who is currently keeping you in your current state."Oblivious spoke, seeing they where both children of Underworld gods. Interesting thought, meaning they both had similar qualities, except in powers, but they both where dark, he could tell.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 6/1/2013, 6:24 pm

"Interesting name." Ophelia said. "tell me, child of death. Why have you brought me here?"
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/1/2013, 6:30 pm

"I'm guessing that a couple of spirits kill for time away from Underworld, If I am not correct, forgive me. I am just making conversation, the lives in the depths of my fathers domain, they probably hate him for doing his job I presume." Oblivious answered, the girl must be getting bored of those fields, even though they are peaceful. even Oblivious got bored, as long as he could practice his necromancy and meditate he was fine, but Necromancy wouldn't be too smart in the underworld.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 6/1/2013, 6:40 pm

"What do you mean? I'm in Elysium. have you ever heard of an eternal party?" Ophelia managed a smile. "Down there, I can almost forget my past... sometimes I get the feeling I don't deserve it. not that I'm complaining. Asphodel is much worse"
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/1/2013, 6:58 pm

"It is, very noisy and messy, Parties?, I never participate in such activities as parties, too... useless for me" Oblivious spoke truthfully, a couple of months ago, he didn't even know what a party was. Pretty sad most would consider, but it was understandable given he has been alive for 2000 years.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 6/1/2013, 7:04 pm

"You still haven't answered my question," Ophelia asked. "Why did you summon me?"
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/1/2013, 7:15 pm

"As I answered, I summon a random spirit to make a conversation with, it's like reaching in and picking a soul ,except I don't pick them, they just come. More than one sometimes as well. If I may ask, how did you die?" Oblivious asked, it must have been something very heroic is she got Elysium.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 6/2/2013, 3:44 pm

Ophelia shrugged. "We were fighting a Kraken. The thing was too tough on the outside, so I figured, heck. one of us was going to die anyways. So I fed myself to it, cutting it from the inside... I don't even know if it even really killed it. All I know was it sure did me in quite effectively..."
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/3/2013, 8:20 pm

"A kraken?, where at if I may ask. krakens don't usually just pop out of the ocean" Oblivious said, though he believe he had once read about the kraken, some hero named Perceus killed it. Oblivious took a seat on a rock near by, relaxing a bit as he listened to this girl's story.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 6/4/2013, 3:13 pm

"Well, it was either in the Black Sea or the Bermuda Triangle. I forget which one it was. funny. I forget where I died, exactly... must have been the second stomach of the Kraken, or something." Ophelia frowned. "You know... If I were in your position, I'd be spending time with those who are still alive. you'll have had your fill of dead people when you become one yourself."
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/4/2013, 7:24 pm

"you forget, I am son of death, I prefer the dead over the living, it's the way I am. Though, is there a reason you had to fight the kraken?, I'm sure a god could have handled it" Oblivious said, wondering why the gods are so lazy at times, it was rather annoying in his opinion that Poseidon couldn't have just speared it with his trident or something.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 6/5/2013, 9:54 am

"It was for a quest." Ophelia answered, as though the answer was sufficient enough.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/6/2013, 12:32 am

"I see" Oblivious said as he looked to the girl "have you ever considered being reborn?" he asked with wonder in his voice. Oblivious could tell lots of souls wanted to be reborn, not wanting to stay down there and become... nothing. They would just wander around for the rest of their lives or just forget everything and leave. The River Lethe was used to help keep the population in the Underworld under control, which wasn't very efficient.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Post by Steve Rogers 6/6/2013, 1:04 am

OoC is this a private topic? If so, please specify that it is, in the title or description. If not, I'm going to have staff merge it because there's no need to create topics just for the sake of creating topics.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/6/2013, 1:18 am

ooc: it's private, editing it in.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 6/6/2013, 10:23 am

Ophelia stopped. turning to the child of death, she looked at him curiously. "No... I haven't... maybe a second life would be what I need to go for true redemption... I may have, as they said, died heroically, but I think I need a new life to truly wash away some of my other wrongs... I'll think it over."
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/6/2013, 4:07 pm

"redemption..." Oblivious thought of, he would need to do something his life to redeem the deaths of all of the people he has killed in his life, something drastic even. Oblivious couldn't think of anything that could truly redeem him, maybe the 13 labors would do so, since he did kill his mother when he was 4.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 6/6/2013, 6:24 pm

"Indeed.... you've given me something to think about, breathling." Ophelia sat there awkwardly. "a clean slate. a new start... yes..."
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/6/2013, 6:30 pm

Oblivious nodded, standing up from his current seating, and stared at the spirit for a second before closing his eyes"I hope everything works out for you" he said.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 6/6/2013, 6:45 pm

"Yeah," Ophelia said. "Me too, for you... Even though I still say you should be with the living more while you can." As she faded into mist, for a brief moment, her form changed. instead of blue jeans and a black tee shirt with a fallen raven crest on the front, she wore a torn up black dress that seemed to be made of an opaque black water. she seemed to wear gloves that went to her elbows made from the same substance, and had a frilly, crown like flair behind her hair, which suddenly was a different style, covering part of her face in a way that gave her a dark look. purple eyeshadow resembling tears was on her face, and her skin was as blue as a drowned corpse. just as quickly as the form was made, however, it faded to just regular Ophelia, although slightly pained, and she dissapeared into smoke.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/6/2013, 7:05 pm

Oblivious watched as she slowly dissipated, something about her had changed for a brief second, her appearance. She had looked like a crying corpse. Oblivious then started to fade into the shadows, his very essence changing into the darkness as he eventually became nothing but faded black particles on the ground and dissipated. He would head to the graveyard and check up on how things where going, while it was night and before the mortals would come with there flowers and such. It seemed like he was flying in the air while shadow travelling, only with a feeling of a headache while doing it and his eyes could keep up with it perfectly, which hurt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 12:19 pm