A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Irene Ortega's Bunk

JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female
    Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Irene Ortega's Bunk Empty Irene Ortega's Bunk

Post by JosieWosie 6/6/2013, 8:52 am

Still fascinated at the fact that the entire cabin is made of gold, Irene let a deep sigh and figured she had all day to get to know other children of Apollo considering her other friends had moved away once summer started.

In a bout of her own self awareness Irene thought to herself;
    I'm about as worried about the future of my social status as I am about the sun rising....
    Ha get it sun rising? /SUN RISING/ daughter of Apollo Ha.

Irene made a mental note of how funny she found herself to be as she sat up on her bunk letting the sheets greet the floor to her left and Gyzmo rest his snout on her knee to her right. After settling down she took a pen and paper out from her chest that housed her important belongings.

"Psst- Gyzmo, you like haiku right?" Irene asked, as if she would readily get a response from her faithful companion. Oddly enough Gyzmo let out a puff of air from his snout as if in agreement, or at the very least indifference. "Well then, this one is for the entertainment of your satirical glands."

A cabin of gold,
              A father of sun, and more;
            It is hot in here

"What do you think buddy?" Irene asked sarcastically as she tilted the paper to the adequate height for Gyzmo to see.  Gyzmo was glowing as brightly with apathy as the cabin was glowing with gold.
    Please, please hold the applause ladies and gentlemen. Irene thought to herself and as if Gyzmo could read minds, he let out a soft growl at her taunting and trotted out.

"Yea, ok whatever I didn't ask for your opinion anyway" Irene called after him, clearly forgetting the story of the Fox and the Grape. She walked out barefoot, intending on walking around the lake shore, leaving her "masterpiece" to fall and float gently under the bed for Gyzmo to nip at when he returned.

Last edited by JosieWosie on 7/9/2013, 12:41 am; edited 3 times in total
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Irene Ortega's Bunk Empty Re: Irene Ortega's Bunk

Post by JosieWosie 6/7/2013, 10:24 pm

After a quick pace through the lake shore the afternoon began to set in, Irene found it a suitable idea to go for a swim at the beach and watch the sun set she covered up her bathing suit with some khakis and a shirt an old friend from Spain had given her, regardless of the stains on it, and the Gyzmo’s whistle dangling from her neck.

I don't need shoes do I? Nah, if I cut through the forest quick enough I should be able to make the sunset just in time with no harm done

Irene told herself as she walked right out and headed straight for the forest leading the smallest trail behind her of sand, dirt and sweat.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/8/2013, 9:14 pm

Irene walked in enjoying the feel of the cabin she knew all too well and picked up some sleeping clothes to change into, leaving the shell he held in her hands inside the locked chest she kept at the foot of her bed along with a cheap white plastic bag she threw her wet clothes in to wash at a later day.

Irene walked back in wearing her purple satin pajamas with the light pink lining and the pink buttons that lined all the way to her hip where they met pants of the same material.

Irene used her wooden whistle to cal up Gyzmo for bed; he came rushing in nearly toppling over another cabin member. Gyzmo was small for a blood hound, but not that small, roughly the size of a large upright bicycle, still suitable for entering the cabin, barely but still.

Irene told Gyzmo good night as he circled around the warm spots under her bed and began to gently snore.

Irene started to rest with thoughts of Roy and Blaze in her mind as she worked at the shell she found at the beach until it was ready for Roy and Blaze tomorrow.

The next morning Irene woke up,fully rested and slightly excited, she changed into her usual stable clothes, put on her whistle and told Gyzmo to meet up with her in about two hours by the stables.

"Gyzmo it's going to be a long day would you be up to meeting some new friends?"

Gyzmo looked up and gave her an excited look which she took as approval as she walked right out of the cabin.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/11/2013, 10:28 pm

Gyzmo marched in triumphantly, unaware of what fate laid in store for him. Irene couldn't help but giggle at Gyzmo's little happy dance as he circled around her bunk.

She picked up a bucket and threw some towels and soap and her heavy duty washboard. Irene picked up the net she used to wash Gyzmo and sneaked it in the bucket without his notice.

She turned around looked at some of her cabin mates play their instrument and sing along to a song and enjoyed the day thus far.

"He's something isn't he Gyzmo?" Irene asked as she looked at Gyzmo slightly dreamily.

Irene sat on her bed and listened to the music of her acquaintances, they were quite good and gave an uplifting vibe to the cabin. Before long Irene noticed that it had been almost 10 minutes and she would never reach the Creek promptly even if she ran.

Oh he's filthy anyway, and he does love to run and I haven't let him in a while... it wears him out even if he doesn't like to show it, stubborn pooch.

"Gyzmo wanna run?"

Without even finishing the sentance Gyzmo was up and ready with the leather braids in his mouth for me.

Irene let out a chuckle and took it as a yes. She walked out of the cabin after securing her things back in her chest and locking it, and hopped on Gyzmo and firmly grasped the braids.

JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/13/2013, 5:33 pm

Irene walked in sheepishly and pretended not to notice a few of the girls in her cabin scatter and talk about how cute Roy was with her. Letting her feet drag across the floors feeling years of wearing beneth her, giving her a sense of contribution to the floors Irene arrived at her chest at the foot of her bed.

She hadn't paid much attention to the decor of the chest, made with gold leafs flaked across the rim of the opening and a solid gold ring circling around the lock hole. She took the opposing end of her whistle to open the chest. She pulled out some dry clothes and a bag to set the wet ones and headed out to the bathroom.

As she returned from changing in the bathrooms she dumped her things in her chest, for once not caring how organized it looked, and slid into bed comfortably. While the other girls were still preparing for sleep, Irene was thinking of how wonderful Roy was and how happy she was with him. He was like no other, and enjoyed having him in her life, he made camp interesting.

"Good Night Gyzmo, sleep well buddy" Irene looked over to see the top of Gyzmo's head at her bed side, he was small but large enough to pet without dropping her hand from the bedside as she fell asleep.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male
    Number of posts : 747
    Registration date : 2008-10-16

Post by Zachary 6/13/2013, 6:30 pm

Roy knocked on the Apollo cabin door to be greeted by a girl who was not Irene. She had dark brown hair and blue eyes with a light tan on her, and was wearing some lighter silk clothes that she must have been using to sleep in. Roy guessed he had caught her eye, because her mouth slightly opened and she leaned on the door post.

"Why hello there," She said, batting her eyes at Roy.

Roy was dressed in a three-piece. He had a grey suit on with a lighter grey shirt that shown, and a simple black bow tie. His face was rough with a 5 o' clock shadow, and his hair was neatly parted with a bit of gel in it. He had on a pair of shiny new black dress shoes. All together, Roy would say that he looked pretty damn good. A confident smile on his face made it all better.

"You're Irene's new friend, right? Roy? My name's Elizabeth, but you can call me whatever you want," She said, biting her lip.

"Uuh," Roy spoke, feeling awkward. Another girl came up with a smile. She had on a tank top, and short shorts. She had blonde hair and green eyes. She looked at Roy like she was looking at a male supermodel.

"And I'm Alissa," the girl said. "Why are you here, handsome?"

"I'm here for Irene," Roy spoke, trying to look through the cabin to see if Irene was in sight.

"Oh, come on, I'm here for you," Elizabeth spoke.

"I am more," Alissa replied.

"Can I please just talk to Irene?" Roy asked, still trying to make out if anyone behind her was Irene, because more girls were sneaking peeks and giggling stupidly, much opposed to Irene's lovely giggle.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/13/2013, 7:39 pm

Irene had many flaws, among them was jealously, while he hardly ever acted on it, she's said some mean things to some innocent people. She had just come back in her cabin from taking a shower only moments before and was dressed up in a rather simple get up, a soft pastel blue pleated sundress that is tied from the shoulder straps and flowed down to a bit past her knees and completed with a thin pastel yellow belt to match her very simple pastel yellow tennis sneakers.

Irene felt like it would be a nice fresh day and felt the need to dress as such. She saw a commotion stirring outside the cabin and walked up to the entrance as she dried her hair with her biggest white towel. She heard echos of what the girls were saying and heard Roy's name amongst the clamor. With a start, she burst through her chest, brushed her hair, threw on her whistle, tied her hair into a soft bun that let strands fall over her face and bust out the cabin pushing some girls aside, rather violently.

"You, go back to your boyfriend, he's still on Iris message, you get some actual clothes on it's camp not a strip club, and you Alissa, can go back to playing the trombone the way you played the the boy from cabin 12 at the start of summer party. All you back off, we're leaving"

Irene pointed out various girls as she spoke sternly and with precision, after waving her hand in dismissal she took hold of Roy's arm and tugged him off to the side of the cabin.

Is there a reason he dressed up? It's summer, how can he stand to be in so much clothes?

"I'm really sorry about that Roy, some of the girls get really worked up over any visitor. Um, Roy is there a reason you got all dressed up? Didn't you get a sun burn or something from the few days in a row being in the sun?"

Irene tilted her head to a side as she asked letting her hair slide over her face, making her flinch backwards jut a hint in annoyance. As a daughter of Apollo, Irene almost never got a sun burn, she just tans, so she was curious to see what she was missing. Don't get her wrong, she wasn't complaining Roy looked fantastic, very handsome, she felt little butterflies fluttering in her guts from just being close to him.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/13/2013, 8:34 pm

Roy was incredibly pleased when Irene had shown up. Now, he taken that back about her being the daughter of Aphrodite. Not that she looked bad, she looked absolutely gorgeous, but the situation Roy just had would have been terrible if she was a daughter of Aphrodite. Now it was just awkward, but if she was...ugh, they'd, like, harvest Roy's soul or something.

"Thanks." He said, being pulled off to the side.

"No, I don't get sunburned very easily. But the reason I've come to you was that I got a letter from Chiron. He's invited me to teach history to some of the campers. I was coming to ask if you'd like to help me. Not that I don't know ancient history -- it's my favorite subject, but I know you're a pretty smart person, at least from what you've hinted. Would you like to join me? Class starts at 10, but I've already set up and everything." Roy had a confident smile and looked Irene in her lovely dark brown eyes. He had a small dream about her. He couldn't remember any of it, but she was there.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/13/2013, 9:29 pm

"I would love to go with you Roy, we'd better get going if we are going to make in time."

Irene was excited to see Roy teach a class; she walked with a perk in her step and wondered how the students would take to Roy's teachings.

He must be brilliant at what he's teaching for Chiron to have chosen him, a first year, to teach something.

Irene looked out to the court yard and saw campers run back and forth with a busy schedule and wondered if any of these kids were headed to the class Roy was teaching. The sun was out and she felt like it was going to be a wonderful day, she couldn't wait to see the class.

"Roy do know anyone who is going to attend? or how you're going to start?"

Although it wasn't her class Irene instinctively started to plan out the best way to lecture and provide hands on activities to the students. She remembered once she had attended an Expo for elderly health with her mother and she taught basic life support tips to the elderly and even some professional nurses, it had gone very well and the money that was used to pay for tickets was all donated to a charity.

Irene started to daze off as she contemplated about going back someday to volunteer again, she missed it dearly along with her family. After a moment of thought Irene glanced up to see Roy's smile just before he spoke.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/13/2013, 10:49 pm

"I don't know who's going to attend, but I have a couple of ideas in mind on how to teach," Roy smiled as he walked to the library. He hoped he would do good. While Roy's father was a good professor, he was the professor nobody wanted, and Roy didn't want to be that. He wanted to be liked as a teacher. The kids were coming to learn, so he would teach. And now it was going to be even better with Irene, the lovely lady that Roy happened to know. Looking over at her, he brought up his eyebrows.

"Come on, let's go." Roy said, heading to the direction of the library.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/14/2013, 8:57 pm

Irene rushed in her cabin, and stepped quickly to her bunk, she had left her purse inside her chest, unlocking it and pulling out the money, only a ten and two fives, she slipped in a small amount of drachmas, just in case, and locked her chest again.

She laid on her bed for a brief moment, very excited to go to a museum, she ran her hand through the silk of her gold lustery comforter enjoying the music a small group of campers were making, it was a popular song she thought, then again she was never really into pop culture so she really wouldn't know.

Just like that, the moment was gone and Irene got up and brisk walked to the bus for the museum. Excited to see Roy more than once in one day she had a slight glow about her person. Even Gyzmo had noticed, he perked his black ears up and you could see the soft pink within, Irene looked back and nodded at Gyzmo.

"I'll be back soon enough boy, don't worry about me I have my whistle" Irene gleamed and walked out touching the whistle softly and holding her bag close, she had brought her flail with her as well in key chain form of course, no one suspects a key chain, just in case. She never felt like she took enough precautions when she left camp, it just wasn't safe for her. With that thought in mind Irene was already half way there.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/15/2013, 12:15 am

Irene walked in quite tired at that she grabbed some towels and took a speedy shower after healing herself up. She got a slight headache but was sure it would be gone by the time she made it to prom.

Irene was very grateful to the Hephaestus kids who had taken the time to make her prom dress in a giffy. It was her first stop after making it back to camp. She had just picked it up and it looked quite nice on her it was fitted and everything.

Geeze, these kids know how to make stuff happen.

Irene was enthralled at the idea of dancing wit Roy at prom. She wasn't in love or anything, she just seriously enjoyed his company. Finally dressed and ready, Irene said her good byes to Gyzmo and left the cabin with confidence
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/20/2013, 10:47 pm

Irene woke up half tucked in, half sprawled around. Dazed, and a little confused, Irene started to remember last night, and a wide smile ascended on her face. Gyzmo looked up at her and puffed a bit of air in her face, and sat on his furry butt, panting as always, even though chances are he hasn't done anything in the time she was asleep. Irene sat up on her bed and fixed up her sheets so that they laid loosely on her legs.

Rubbing her hands on her golden sheets Irene let out a nice sigh. She was relaxed and happy; she glanced outside and realized she had wasted enough time. She jumped out of bed feeling so full of energy and joy that she thought she could take on the world. Picking up some clothes from her chest she headed out to the bathrooms for a nice shower, almost unwilling to let the remains of the former night be washed out, but necessary; Irene couldn't stand to feel unclean when she has the option to shower.

Coming back in, her feet left a trail of wet footsteps along the cabin, dodging instruments, sheet music and some kind of herbal drug in a baggie she preferred not to ask questions on, along the way to her bed. She did her bed and sat comfortably, she had thrown on some cargo pants and a plain blue v-necked shirt with the stitching fold was a bright contrasting green that looked well on the shirt. Her whistle always visible and her ring looked always seemed to go well with whatever she wore, of course it was only the second outfit but Irene could sense it.

She laid on her bed for a moment just contemplating on the night before, her day was free, she had done all her chores, or the remaining chores, the Apollo cabin had struck a deal with one of the other cabins, so she was free for a few days, and the stables were cleaned out before prom and they were fed this morning before Irene even woke up.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/20/2013, 11:39 pm

Roy knocked on door of the Apollo cabin. He wore his Hughes Jacket open, and his white shirt had the first three buttons undone, showing the basilisk fang, the shell necklace, and his chest. Under the jacket was also his satchel, and while one belt carried the manriki chain, the loose belt carried his xiphos sword, which hanged on the hip of Roy, who was wearing black suit pants. His hair was already dry and parted naturally on the same far-right area of Roy's head. He had dropped his suitcase next to him.

Out of the glowing cabin Roy could make out some girls peeking out the windows. There was giggling, and some talking, and Elizabeth, from last time, opened the door, and out came Alissa and another girl Roy didn't know. They were all smiling, red as a tomato, and giggling a bit.

"Looking for her, are we?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yeah, do you ladies happen to know where Irene is?" Roy asked.

"Oh, she's not here at the moment...but we are." Alissa said, stepping closer to Roy. Roy crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm -- I'm Eva," The unfamiliar girl spoke and then giggled wildly. She had long, jet black hair and a stronger Russian accent.

"I hardly care who you are, may I please just know where Irene is?"

"Oh, come on, why does it matter so much to you? There's only one of her and three of us," Alissa said. She started to play with Roy's hair, and he grabbed her hand.

"Quality, not quantity," He spoke, angrily looking into her eyes. He decided to go in on his own, and noted to himself to never knock on the Apollo cabin doors again.

"Irene?" Roy asked, looking around the room.

Last edited by Zachary on 6/21/2013, 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/21/2013, 12:02 am

Irene was comfortable on her bed, in fact she was on the verge of napping if it were not for the commotion outside the cabin, and her thoughts relentlessly going back to Roy and his dazzling smile.

I wonder if he's ever gotten an award for that smile, is that weird to ask? Not like an Oscar or anything but like a class award, maybe a little joke teachers sometimes do. I won'd ask, I'll just enjoy the next time I see it.

Irene heard her name be called, followed by a handful of groans and "aww"'s by the front of the cabin. Curious to see, and because the voice was distorted and covered by other noise Irene had a small idea of who it was but wanted to make sure. She turned her head, and attention to the front of the cabin to see Roy walking in.

He looks so wonderful, handsome, I wonder how he managed to carry me for so long last night dress and all, he's so sweet. He's-

Weapons: both known.
    Hands: one still red slightly, he was carrying something
    weight of package: undetermined,
    hair: not gelled-, wasn't he supposed to have class today?
    clothing: not teaching appropriate, loose, fresh and clean.
    reason- undetermined.

Irene couldn't help it most times but Roy interested her to no end so it's not like she tried to resist her urges to analyze everything and file it in her mind. She could only hope she didn't look like she was an idiot, or at the very least look like she was following a fly with all the eye movement she must have been making as she scanned Roy.

That in mind Irene realized Roy was looking around the room and she had not called back. "Oh, Allo Roy-" Irene had to physically hold back on asking so many questions from her analysis and pursed her lips for a brief moment before continuing "what brings you here this morning?" and not be in class right now. Irene showed curiosity on her face and at the same time greetings with wide eyes and still dilated eyes from initial visual contact with Roy as he entered the cabin.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/21/2013, 12:29 am

"You said you wanted to go on an adventure, well here I am. We're due in Sundsvall, Sweden. I've already talked to Chiron about class -- he had a kid of Athena ready to go. My friend Jacques found something. He didn't mention it in his letter -- I'll explain what I can later. Pack your bag for a 5 day stay in the arctic, along with your weapon." Roy spoke fast. He was never one for others slowing him down.

"I won't ask much of you, but don't do anything unless I tell you to out there. Stop when I say stop, go when I say go. There's no funny business out there in the wild." He cleared up. You could tell from his voice that he was serious, and that he'd be extremely angry if you weren't listening to him. The girls from outside came in and after giving Roy a longing look, somewhat knowing they'd never get him but at the same time would try anyway. He leaned against the door frame, looking antsy.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/21/2013, 12:59 am

Not sure how to respond Irene looked blankly for a moment, not liking to be be bossed around. For the sake of time she nodded her head and knew within that she won'd tolerate bossiness, she was more than capable of taking care of herself, at the very minimum staying alive. They tell you to not rely on powers to much at camp, though they train you well, because it tired you and you should be skilled in other things; however when you are a daughter of Apollo it's easy to get used to the tiredness, it slows you down but if it means staying alive she didn't mind.

"Sure, just give me 5 minutes, I have a backpack, I'll see you at the bus stop in 10 minutes. It's not a far walk." Irene looked up kindly, trying her best to not show her annoyance at being bossed, she had to suck it up for now, and nodded.

Getting to work on the spot, uncaring for who was around Irene took out a medium sized backpack, the same that got her through some fury attacks back in France, and began to make mental notes as quickly as she packed them.

Reason: possible hiking, possible running- pack light pack loose
    Notes- probably not staying in a five star hotel pack very light.
    Length of stay 5 days.

Irene popped out all her jackets and looked at which were light but worthy. She found a deep green jacket, for heavy snow, it took up a bit of space but it would be work on the plane to and fro so she didn't care; it would not take up backpack space at all.

Heavy jacket

3 long sleeved shirts

2 long sleeve undershirts

a fitted dress she never wore, she gambled it fit and rolled it up and put it in

her only pair of under shorts to go beneath her cargo pants, her warm yoga pants and her thickest pair of jeans

her boots from skiing in the Alps, and a pair of hiking boots she would wear on the way there, adding a few extra's such as mittens and matching ear muffs and head gear.

Some thick socks and a thin dog coat, Gyzmo hates it, and while he has very thick fur, she wouldn't risk him if she needed his assistance.She pulled out her toiletries, except for things she knew she could find in a hotel, and a single bar of soap just in case there was nothing.

After getting everything ready Irene looked at Gyzmo and threw the bag on the floor.

Gyzmo, tell me boy, is it heavy?

Gyzmo looked at the bag and sniffed it, much to Irene's disappointment it took him a while to pick it up and put it back on the bed with no effort.

Lifting it and putting it on herself, Irene was content, it wouldn't slow her down terribly, and once they had a place to stay she could take things out and not have to carry a purse full of medical things, animal and human alike and just fill the bag with that.

Irene walked out after explaining the situation to Gyzmo and jogged to the bus stop after realizing she would be late otherwise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 1:57 am