A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Target Practise

Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1433
    Registration date : 2012-01-27

Target Practise Empty Target Practise

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/20/2013, 7:11 am

Rave had slowly wandered by the lake, and found the haybales he always used to use for target practice. Recently he'd been laying off on his archery, sleeping most days instead of actually doing anything, so he decided it'd be good to get back into a routine.
    Taking out his old bow and reaching into his quiver for an arrow, he brought up a shot, and let out a deep breath before letting loose. The target board in the center of one of the bales barely got hit, the arrow only just lodging itself into the outer ring.

"Damn, guess I do need the practice..." he muttered to himself.
    Bell
    Bell

Female
    Number of posts : 1653
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

Target Practise Empty Re: Target Practise

Post by Bell 12/20/2013, 8:05 am

After the surprising incident involving her and her friends, Laraine Frobisher felt that she needed a time for herself. Having friends around her was such a nice thing, but intense events really were not good for her. Those times were always the times of desperation, the times where she felt quite hopeless and not in control.

Laraine had walked back to her bunk soon after the incident to take her weapon. She’d decided to practice using her spear for she was not that good with it, hoping that the practice area was empty so that she could practice freely. Her hope, however, was just a mere dream. The area was swarmed with campers, it was clear that she wouldn’t be able to practice properly there.

Now that she currently had nowhere to go, she found herself sitting by the lake, watching the environment around her, practically having some silent, peaceful time.

The quiet moment, apparently, didn’t last really long. Soon after Laraine sat onto the ground, a camper walked passed her and stopped not very far from her. Her curiosity took over and instead of watching the water, Laraine chose to watch the camper instead. The older camper, much in Laraine’s surprise, was practicing using his bow and arrows...and some targets.

Laraine wasn’t really paying attention to the camper’s performance, but she was excited by the idea of having hay bales as targets for her practice. She looked at her spear and wondered if the camper would let her practice with him. She, however, hesitated to ask because she’d never seen the camper before and decided to just watch him practice...for now.

Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/20/2013, 8:20 am

Rave went for another shot, this time slowing down a lot more, and taking a good amount of time to line up the shot. This one was much more acceptable, and landed not too far away from the center ring.

"Thank the gods I haven't lost it," he chuckled quietly, before getting a feeling of being watched. He turned slowly to his left, and noticed a young girl sitting by the lake. If it wasn't for his tendency to be very difficult to unnerve, he surely would have jumped out of his skin. But instead, he smiled, and spoke gently; "Well hello there, you alright?"
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 12/20/2013, 9:39 am

Laraine felt like a criminal caught in the act.

As soon as the older camper turned and found that she was looking at him, Laraine quickly fixed her gaze to the blue lake water in embarassement. She knew that it was too late, though. She wasn’t fast enough to turn her head away. At first, Laraine thought that she would be scorned by this older fellow, for he wore black sunglasses which, in her opinion, made him look unfriendly. Laraine closed her right eye, silently preparing for any shouts that might come out from the camper’s mouth.

The sentence that he spoke, however, surprised her.

Looking straight at the camper, Laraine saw that warm smile and felt relieved. She soon found some courage to talk, knowing that the camper most probably wouldn’t scowl her and managed to say “Uh.” She cleared her throat and continued talking. “I was wondering...if I could use those hay bales of yours to practice my spear throwing? It won’t be long,” she added in a hurried manner.

Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/20/2013, 9:51 am

Rave got a pretty good idea of how this girl was feeling right now, from how she acted, and therefore knew he had to accommodate her. She felt like she was intruding, and that meant he had to show her that it wasn't like that at all, that he was perfectly happy for her to be there.

"By all means, practice as long you like!" he held his hand towards the hay bales in a welcoming manner. "Don't worry, I'm not selfish, haha!"
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 12/23/2013, 1:59 am

“Oh,” she said, completely stunned.

The people back in the practice area had given her some sort of ‘who are you and what do you think you are doing here’ kind of looks, and not to mention that they were mostly older than her...Oh, for crying out loud. They weren’t supposed to judge people from their covers. They were probably thinking that she belonged in the fifth cohort, judging from their cold eyes, but no. She belonged in the first cohort, and she was proud of it.

And it wasn’t odd that Laraine did not see that sentence coming. Nobody had ever been that kind to her—except Lindia, of course, but it was a different story. Despite the dark sunglasses and the not-too-good first impression, the camper had proven himself that he was really, a very nice guy.

“Thank you,” Laraine said, trying to be polite. “I’m Laraine, daughter of Veiovis, first cohort. Nice to meet you.”

OOC: So sorry for the late reply!
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/23/2013, 11:36 am

OOC: It's fine, honestly

IC: "Pleasure to meet you, Laraine," Rave smiled at the young girl. "My name's Rave, son of Sol, Second Cohort. Been here for a while, haha, this has always been my little spot, open to anyone who's game for some good target practice. It's quiet around here, which has to help."

Quickly, he turned around and opened up another shot, taking aim carefully and letting the arrow fly. Once again, it landed on the ring just around the center. Soon he would get a bullseye, he was just getting back into shape for it right now, didn't want to rush it. Turning back to Laraine, he spoke again;

"Don't be freaked by the shades, it's to do with my power. Eyes as bright as the sun!" he chuckled for a moment.

Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 1/1/2014, 10:59 am

Laraine grabbed her spear and walked towards the bay hales. She expressed her gratitude by nodding politely at Rave, and then turned to face the target. She looked at the hay bale she’d choosen to be her victim of the day and imagined the faces of monsters she’d encountered throughout her life, gruesome creatures that she loathed very much.

She threw her spear.

The result, apparently, wasn’t too bad. The spear didn’t reach the center of the target, but it landed not quite far from the center. Laraine smiled proudly. For a person who hadn’t been practicing for weeks, the result was quite satisfying.

And then she heard Rave talking about his glasses, and decided to stop practicing for a while. After all, he was the one who gave her permission to use his hay bales. Listening to his words was the least she could do to repay his kindness.

“Oh, I see,” Laraine nodded politely. “You can blind people. Do you, um, like, blast them with a very bright ray of light to make them blind?”
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 1/2/2014, 3:35 pm

"Good shot," Rave took to saying first, and then thought briefly about her other question. "And, sort of. My eye's constantly project light of very similar intensity to our own sun. I can't ever stop it, these sunglasses just block that light so it cannot harm anyone."
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 1/10/2014, 11:56 am

“Oh,” Laraine said. “That is actually really cool!”

And she really meant it. She found Rave’s power really interesting. Sure, she’d saw some incredible powers demonstrated by the other campers. She’d saw the campers fighting monsters. She’d even remembered seeing skeleton monsters attacking people who were buying ice cream...but the fact that Rave’s eyes are as bright as a sun was so amusing that she was quite tempted to actually see his eyes.

“But Rave,” Laraine stared at his sunglasses. “Do you see things normally? I mean, do your eyes function properly....uh, normally?”

OOC: I'm sorry for not posting! Did you receive my PM?

Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 7/24/2014, 10:53 am

Rave chuckled slightly, stopping himself from going into a full laugh as it could come across rude.

"Of course," he simmered down, smiling lightly, pulling out another arrow to raise a shot. "I can see just fine. Even better than fine normally, they work like a charm. I just have to be careful with them when I'm around other people."

Turning his face back towards the target, he let the arrow fly, and it landed another good shot. Second inner ring. Not bad at all.

"See?" he raised an eyebrow towards Laraine.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/25/2014, 10:55 am

“Really?” Laraine asked as she took an arrow. Her short ovservation had informed her quite earlier that the glasses Rave wore was really black—pitch black, she could way that—but yet he was still able to nail this practice. “That’s interesting.”

Laraine sighed and shot the arrow. It did not hit the bullseye, but—in her amazement—not from far from it. She let a couple of more arrows fly from her bow as she thought about Rave’s words before taking a breath and took another arrow, with her eyes gazing towards the older Roman.

“Let me get this straight,” she said, “So your eyes are simply too bright for anybody and thus you wear sunglasses. Is it possible that your sunglasses actually plays a huge part in increasing your accuracy? I mean, it kinda blackens—wow, is that even a word—your far-too-bright vision into a vision a normal archer would have, right? Can you hit the bullseye with your sunglasses open?” added her curiously.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 7/25/2014, 7:05 pm

Rave had complimented Laraine on her shots, but paused at that question, it took him by surprise. That thought had never really occurred to him. The way it was, having those sunglasses on was a regular part of his life.

"Gods, I don't really know," he shrugged slightly. "You gotta understand, I pretty much never take these off. Okay, every now and then they might fall off by accident or something, but I'll immediately cover my eyes and put them back on, for the safety of others. I've already hurt people with them before. But..." he paused again, finding it hard to come up with a proper response the younger girl's question. "I've never really tried, I guess. Never really thought about it."
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 7/27/2014, 9:17 am

Laraine stopped in mid-action, leaving her mouth stupidly open. “But you really should try!” She said in rather an excited manner as she took another arrow, determined to hit the bullseye. “You will never know unless you try. My teacher said that...”

Laraine took a deep breath, readied her bow, and fired the arrow. The arrow did not hit the bullseye, but the distance between it and the middle point was getting shorter and shorter and she felt optimistic of her chance hitting the bullseye—even if it was just once—today. She turned back to Rave to finish her words. “...You can try firing those arrows when you’re alone...” she stopped to think, and then added, “or you can buy five or six sunglasses and give them to the nearby Romans so that they won’t get hurt when you open your eyes!” before laughing at her own words.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 8:48 am