A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Do we have to say goodbye?

sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder
    This user coded the site!

Female
    Number of posts : 1828
    Registration date : 2012-09-10

Do we have to say goodbye? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we have to say goodbye?

Post by sienna 6/17/2014, 6:46 pm

Aliana Parks

Okay, one thing was for sure, Aliana did not want to be the first one to admit her feelings. She spent most of her life keeping them hidden, and now she was expected to blurt them all out. Aliana took a deep breath, and sat on the step, trying to figure out what to say. She already felt vulnerable, which was silly and stupid because you aren’t supposed to feel that way around someone you like. As much as she wanted it to stop, that stupid feeling of anxiety wouldn’t go away. That heaviness on her chest that was telling her that it was a bad idea. There was always that disconnection between her metaphorical heart and her brain.

Anyways, Aliana was sitting on the step, her cane beside her. Thousands of thoughts were running through her head, and she was trying to pick out the best ones. Sure, she might’ve been over thinking the situation, but how else was she supposed to react?

“I don’t know.” Aliana started, “I would be lying if I said that I thought of this, friendship or relationship or whatever it is, as completely platonic. I also would be lying if I told you that I think of you as more than a friend. What I’m trying to say... is that I like you. As more than a friend. Well, I like you as a friend too, but I also like you as more than a friend.” Aliana covered her face with her hands, “Oh my god, I can’t believe that you actually got me to say that.”
    Well. She did it. Although now she was stressing about what Adan was going to say. Which wasn’t any better than the anxiety caused by her having to admit her feelings in the first place.

Last edited by Sienna on 6/23/2014, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Post by daddeme 6/18/2014, 4:36 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

"I know that we were meant to break. So what? I don't mind."

Check mate. To say the last, Adan was taken aback by her response. She liked him? Seriously. No joke, no prank TV show...this was legit, right? Under any normal circumstance he would've thought that this was just a spur of the moment type of thing. Like, she was under interrogation and had to answer a specific way. What had him hooked was that she was over thinking things out loud - which she probably did in her head before answering - which was the exact same thing Adan always did. To this day, no one had ever seen Adan smile as wide as he did then, so wide that the smile actually reached his eyes. He saw that Aliana had relaxed on the stairs and had chosen to do the same, leaning his legs against the rail and squinting against the sun at the cabin courtyard that wasn't so far off. What could he say? He knew what he wanted to say, but the phrasing was what had got him.
    "Well, I guess I can say I like you, too. Though I never had the feeling of actually liking someone before. It kinda feels like getting smacked with a bat, but with sparkles and stuff instead of pain and blood." Yep, that sounded about right. The calmness remained in his tone surprisingly - probably because he felt like a dam had broken inside of him and he could finally say what he was thinking. His eyes focused back to her.
    "I have friends...but I don't feel like I swallowed a pound of crackers when I talk to them. You're easy to talk to like a friend, but at the same time you make me stutter and sound like an idiot." His tone suddenly grew with curiosity and bewilderment as he muttered his next words. "Which I kind of like looking back on it. At the time, though, I feel like I'm going to die. That's good, right?"
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/20/2014, 6:54 pm

Aliana Parks

Aliana laughed, out of relief and because Adan’s comments were spot on. “Yeah, you make me pretty nervous too.” Wow. Understatement of the century right there. Except she wasn’t so nervous anymore. And those stupid, irritating, anxious thoughts had ceased for the first time in forever. Actually, for the first time in about five years. They had surfaced when she had first arrived at camp. Probably because she was alone for the first time in her life. When she had stepped over those borders, she didn’t know anybody. For normal people, she would describe her experience as being thrown into a maze, where you couldn’t see where you were going, and everybody you met said the maze was actually a park. Except you knew it was a maze. And nobody could help you out of the damn maze because they thought it was a park. So, eventually, you started to tell people that it was a park. Except it was still a maze.

Aliana had just reached the end of that maze. Except there was one more question that needed to be answered. “So, where do we go from here?”

Last edited by Sienna on 6/23/2014, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/21/2014, 1:27 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

He laughed with her for a bit, letting the tension dam break fully as his stress vanished. His dam stress. Anyway. Aliana's next question hit Adan like a brick wall. Like a wrecking ball. Ah, hell. Um.
    "I...really don't know. I didn't think I'd get this far." His voice was breathy, a little lost in one of the personality traits hidden by the tension dam: his actual excessive nervousness, the kind that was actually a notable flaw. He was supposed to be going with Eva's advice. Prom, prom, prom. How was he going to ask her to prom?! Was now the right time?! Should he do it the Diva's suggested way?! His palms were clamming up. Was there cotton in his throat? He was pretty sure that there was cotton in his throat. Maybe he could pretend he didn't hear her. No! Too late! He had already responded. Oh! He could get a fake visa and move to Mexico, maybe purchase a cactus and change his name to Pedro or something. Yes, then he could be a nice automobile repairman that lived in the hills with just his tools and a pitbull named Chullo.
    "How about Prom?" What?! Wait, no! Don't reiterate, don't reiterate, don't reiterate. You're going to sound stupid. "Me and you. The two of us. I can take you to Prom." Adan Lightfoot: 1996-2014. He might as well just die there and now. Maybe a giant, or some Romans, or a pelican would come end this agonizing predicament quickly. Yep, this would be the day Adan died of complete embarrassment and idiocy. Well, if he already signed for his death he might as well seal it up and send it. "Only if you want to go with me. The offer only stands if you say yes, because if you don't want to then please slap me or stab me so I can stop sounded like a moron." Adan pressed his lips together as if stopping his word from spilling out, slapping a hand over his eyes. Nailed it.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/23/2014, 11:47 pm

Aliana Parks

“Prom?” Aliana raised her eyebrows. Ok, she definitely didn’t see that coming. She had completely forgotten about prom. For goodness sake, she was blind. She could barely walk on her own, let alone dance, yet she still found herself saying “I’d love to.” The anxiety that had gone away a moment ago was now back. Dancing did sound fun, but there were dangers like people and moving object and one to many variables to keep track of. Stop it. she told herself, You are going to that dance and you are going to have a fantastic time. Because she probably would. It was just that little chance of something going wrong that scared her. But look what happened last time she threw caution to the wind, she found out that Adan liked her. And now they’re going to prom together. “Just,” Aliana added, “be aware that I am probably as bad at dancing as it comes. I’m serious. I have a feeling I’m going to do damage to your feet.” Okay, that was enough talking. Sure, she had gotten over one hurdle of nervousness and anxiety, but that doesn’t mean she was in the clear.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/24/2014, 1:47 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

Okay, okay. Adan was good....well, not good but good. His promposal sucked, but at least she said yes. He just had to figure out the other stuff, like who he was going as and how to make the trip over a 30 foot walking distance magical and sparkly. He'd probably try to get a horse to not hate him and pick Aliana up on that. Ugh. Dances were out of his comfort zone. While he was (once again) internally stressing out, Aliana had said something about not being able to dance. Adan laughed and sat down beside her.
    "At least you have a better excuse. I wouldn't be able to dance even if both my legs were fully functional." Adan chuckled in attempt to make her feel better. "We could be those people orbiting around the actual dancers if you'd like."
    Ooc: Suckyyy
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/28/2014, 4:28 pm

Aliana Parks

Aliana laughed, “I would like that.” It came to mind that Aliana would have to find a dress. She’d probably have to enlist the help of her half-siblings because she was hopeless with dresses. Especially dresses from fairytales. Sure, she knew all the stories, but she didn’t really know what princess dresses looked like specifically. But, there would be time for that later. Aliana stood up, and grabbed her cane. “So. I’ve been told it’s a beautiful day. And you were going to go show me... something. Do you still want to do that, or we can just sit here.”

OOC: Same.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/29/2014, 9:40 pm

© made by fishy

Adan Lightfoot

Adan laughed again and the idea of Adan and Aliana avoiding every person out on the dance floor, walking around aimlessly and making hopeless yet hilarious casual conversation. The idea should have made his guts churn at another awkward exchange of words with Aliana, but he was actually looking forward to it. After all they had all ready admitted that they liked each other and all. How awkward could it be? Oh, gods, Adan just jinxed himself. His attention reverted back to Aliana's voice as his dark eyes studied the sparkling water of the beach in the distance. He felt the gentle breeze as it brushed by (most likely from a kid belonging to a wind god) and automatically agreed with Aliana. It was a beautiful day, perhaps even more because there was a knot released in his chest. Then he realized he was supposed to have been taken Aliana to the creek - to this "date". He face turned a darker shade of red.
    "Oops. I was supposed to take you to the creek." Adan said intelligently. His hand wrapped around Aliana's as he also acknowledged that the sun was getting lower and lower in the sky. In a matter or hours, the harpies would be ready for chow time. "We should go before we're bird feed. We could talk more there." He gently placed her cane into her opposite hand and - carefully but not too carefully - led her towards the creek, chattering uncontrollably because of his anxiety.
    Ooc: Also sucky, but I thought I should speed it up since I took so long to post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 1:12 pm