A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Charlotte's Hut

Charlotte's Hut Empty Charlotte's Hut

Post by Guest 2/14/2014, 5:06 pm

Pictures lined the wooden walls of the nymphs hut. They were either too big or not cool enought for Charlottes journal. She wanted the next finder to be totally cought up with all things demigods. Charlotte didn't know there was more that twelve cabins since the journal was so old. Charlotte was expecting more photos soon. She had sent Ezra out to take some pictures, she kind of got grounded. Literally, her legs were covered in soil. She dug herself up though. There was still stains of dirt on her legs, but she covered it with flowers, it seemed reasonable.
    Charlotte clutched the spine of the leather book. She had already rebounded it several times so there was at least twenty more pages in the book. She turned around, examining the photos she had took years ago.

Last edited by Jo on 7/6/2014, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Charlotte's Hut Empty Re: Charlotte's Hut

Post by daddeme 2/15/2014, 2:00 pm

A roar echoed throughout the forest, followed immediately by a whimper and a series of childish laughter. Ezra emerged from the trees with a wide smile, his pan sword in his left hand while his right held on tightly to the camera Charlotte had let him borrow. He snorted as he jogged his way towards his nymph friend and sat down across from her Indian-style.
    "Charlii!" The 17-year-old laughed gleefully and handed her the camera. "Charlii, you should've seen it! I beat a chimera! He didn't even have a chance to bite!" Ezra signed along as he said all this out of habit. As always, his speech was slightly distorted as he explained to her how the attack happened and how he beat the fearsome beast. His sword now lay flat on the grass as he described everything in detail.
    "Anyway, I got the pictures. Anything else you want me to do?" He asked curiously with his huge smile as he adjusted his large glasses and his green skull cap.

Post by Guest 6/7/2014, 7:01 pm

Charlotte's Hut Kdakcy

Charlotte grinned, listening to Ezra's stories. She liked his stories he tells her, the real ones and the fake ones she knows he's lying about but goes along with anyway.
    She held the camera gingerly. She had gotten the fairly new polaroid a few months ago when she gave some Apollo kid a flower crown if she would go get her a camera. Apparently, flower crowns are something everyone wants to wear on their heads. Human fashion trends are odd.
    Her nose crinkled, "Umm, I don't think so. But if I find one more picture of yourself, those 'selfie' things, when I get them developed I swear, I-I will...beat you up, or something."
    The flower nymph laughed at herself, bringing her knees to her chest. Her feet were stained with dirt, she should probably go swimming later to clean it off.
    Charlii shrugged to herself, fixing her brown hair, she'll worry about it later.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/8/2014, 12:29 pm

Ezra watched her mouth as she spoke as always, making sure he didn't get her words mistranslated. He was grateful that she had began speaking slower ever since they first met, considering he found himself very confused half of the time. When he had read that there was nothing more for him to do, his full lower lip jutted out in a pout.
    "If you say so..." He said sadly, that brightened up again when she had mentioned his multiple selfies. He laughed again, gripping his sides at her threat that followed. "I knew you'd find them! Did you like 'em?" He said/signed after he had calmed down.

Post by Guest 6/9/2014, 7:44 pm

Charlotte's Hut Kdakcy

Charlotte rolled her eyes and shoved Ezra.
    "I do not understand them, pictures of yourself in weird angles and those different filters. It's awkward."
    Charlie attempted to sign most of the sentence for Ezzy, but she isn't very good at it. Charlotte has a hard time remembering all the words. But it's for her friend.
    She looked at her fingers watching as flowers wrapped around her index finger. She didn't a to do that when she's focusing. It doesn't really make sense but it just happens.
    "I mean we can do something if you want to. I have nothing planned."
    Actually, she had a family lunch planned, but she wasn't really going to go to that.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/10/2014, 3:49 pm

Ezra tipped onto his side from the shove and the childish laughter waned on until he had to shut up to read what she had said next. He watched her hands move in attempt to sign to him and felt a surge of happy warmth. She was trying to help him out, make things easier. And, sure, she was a girl...but he learned through her that girls - only some of them - make really cool friends.
    "It's an art, Charlii. You're too realistic to understand!" He replied, soon poking at the flowers winding around her finger. This always interested him about her - yes, he'll say it - species in general. Nymphs were distracting yet amazing. He looked back to her.
    "I'unno. I could show you some more tricks on my skateboard." He suggested with a shrug, examining the flowers further.

Post by Guest 6/12/2014, 10:10 pm

Charlii's eyes lightened up when she heard Ezra speak about his skateboard.
    "Oh yes! The wood on wheels, I'd love it if you would display your tricks." She grinned widely; the skateboard is one of Charlii's favorite things Ezzy brings to show her. The technology of it looked so simple, but the tricks are so amazing to Charlotte.
    The nymph jumped up, and pulled Ezra along with her. She loved having a human as her best friend, the were far more interesting than the nymphs. Nymphs are very old timey and boring. Charlotte was pretty sure if her mother had it her way, Charlii would be married off to some nymph by now. But that's weird.
    Charlotte wants to explore the human world, to be apart of that world. But she's a nymph, and her family is against her leisurely walking around camp.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/13/2014, 12:26 pm

Ezra's eyes widened at the excitement displayed on her face. He hadn't had time to read her lips, so his being pulled up by Charlii and dragged away had caught him very much off guard. Saying Ezra was deaf really meant that he was deaf. Imagine hearing a constant faint ringing in your ears 24/7 and nothing more. Now think of ho startled Ezra was at this. Soon he had figured that she had probably said yes, however, and jogged beside her instead of being unceremoniously dragged.
    "It's over there!" He pointed to a pile of leaves that housed his skateboard, the bright green rail slightly sticking out from the side. He always remembered to bring it just in case he had to show Charlii something new he'd learned.Otherwise, he would have just left it half-buried near where the camp met the wood as a form of transportation. one thing Ezzy hated more than growing up was walking behind slowpokes in Camp. His longboard helped with that, speeding past those people with ease. He only had his skateboard for tricks. ezzy ran towards his board and pulled it from its hiding place, dusting the deck off with his hands.
    "What do you wanna see first?" He asked, looking back at her.

Ooc: Walking around on those - what are they called again? Oh, feet.

Post by Guest 6/17/2014, 2:34 pm

Charlotte skipped over with Ezra, grinning wildly. She sat down on a grassy hill, watching Ezra as he pulled out the skateboard. Charlii liked when he showed her tricks. Charlotte rarely had any tricks to show her friends. Her flower power is cool in all, but it could get old after a while. Ezra was facinating to the nymph. He always had something to tekk her Things she never really seen before. He gave her those hamburger things once. She learned that hamburgers are very good.
    "Anything!" Charlotte said/signed. The one word things Charlotte was able to sign well enough. When Charlii sneaks out to the library, she finds books on sign language. She wanted Ezra to understand her. Sh talks fast sometimes, which could be hard for him. Charlii has some of the books at her hut. She never remembered to return them. Oh well.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/19/2014, 7:18 pm

Ezra quickly hopped onto the deck and immediately he felt like this was his element. He looked down at the smooth bark of a dead sycamore beneath his wheels and contemplated on which trick he should show her firts. While thinking, he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and began rolling. Let's see... Ezra recalled the last time he tried his hand at a Caballerial. He'd need a ramp to do that now, and the las time he'd ended up in the infirmary for a broken wrist. Not cool. So that he didn't bore Charlii with his mental stalling, he did something he was used to doing.
    "This is a nollie. It's like an ollie, but I use the nose instead. Watch." Ezzy tapped the nose of his board with his sneakered toe and jump appropriately. He landed back on the board with a neat thud and rotated his direction so that he didn't fall on the broken branches. He smiled down at Charlii to see how she liked that trick. It was simple, but a fun party trick.

Post by Guest 6/20/2014, 7:48 pm

Charlii clapped after he finished. She learned a long time ago that after something finishes, the people clap. So that's what the flower nymph does, clap.
    "Very good! Your noddy, nodty, whatever was very good. Charlotte stood, still smiling.
    The nymph had tried to skateboard with Ezzy before, and that didn't end well. But on the bright side she got to leave camp to go to the big building they called the hospital. The city was absolutely beautiful. There was a bunch of people, way more people there than at camp. And those metal boxes. Those metal boxes were terrifying.
    "Ezzy, when will you take me back to the city?"
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/21/2014, 3:01 pm

Ezra's face blossomed into a somewhat shy grin when Charlii had clapped for and complimented his nolly, chuckling when she messed up the name. He could tell by the form her lips took that she had tried yet failed at the term. Nonetheless, Ezzy was still embarrassed and continued doing small tricks along the smooth bark. It wasn't every day he got complimented on his board skills. Usually people thought of him as a nuisance, and other times he would see some not-so-nice symbols that were definitely not his type of sign language. People were mean whenever he did his tricks, but it wasn't his fault that there were no skate parks in camp. And out in the city was a scary place - the smells weren't too good and the people pretended not to see you and would trample over anyone. He looked to Charlii just in time to catch the end of her sentence: "...back to the city?" What a coincidence. Ezzy grimaced and slammed his foot on the tail of his deck, stopping the board's motion so he could jump off the tree.
    "Never." He said sternly. His nose crinkled up. "The human world....it is a mess, Charlii. It's a bunch of stinky old people on fancy phones, walking around in angry-grey suits and stuff. I will never take you back there unless I have to. As soon as you feet touch that sidewalk BAM!" Ezra threw open his arms. "You're a grownup! I 'll never take you back. Never, ever."

Post by Guest 6/21/2014, 4:24 pm

"But...that's not what happened last time." Charlotte whispered. She did not recall turning into an adult last time they traveled. Charlii isn't even sure she can be an adult. She's going to look like a seventeen year old girl for like one hundred years or so. She didn't understand why Ezra was so mad. He never understands.
    "You don't understand Ezra! The city is beautiful, not all of the people are stuffy old guys in suits. Maybe you need to grow up a little. You're acting like a little baby. You're seventeen years old! Can you at least act like you're fifteen. You're y best friend Ezzy, but you are so...annoying! Just because you know the human world doesn't mean you can dictate if I can go or not."
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/23/2014, 11:29 am

Ezra exploded once again when she began saying that she was okay last time.
    "I don't care! It could happen, and Charlii, you're the only real friend I have!" Ezra sucked in a breath; that had taken a lot of air out of him. Ezra turned away from her, sighing a huge sigh of stress that released the usual light snowfall around him. The snow melted away quickly, but not Ezra's worry. The city was what turned his father into an inapproachable stone wall. He hated his kids - Ezra was sure of it. Charlii really was his actual friend at camp, and if that happened to her Ezra had no idea where he would be. She was the only one who attempted to learn sign language for his sake. She got him into photography, she didn't treat his deafness as a weakness. Just as he turned around to apologize for his agitation, she was speaking again. He flinched away from her words as if he could hear the intensity. Grow up. Acting like a baby. Seventeen. He wanted it to stop. Annoying. Grow up, grow up, grow up.
    "STOP IT!" Ezzy screamed, covering up his face. The whites of his eyes started to become pinker with the pressure of tears. "ENOUGH! If you don't care about how much I care about your liveliness then so be it! You can go out into the city! You can lose your happiness, and y-your will to be fun! But you can do it alone - I'm not going to be responsible for your bitterness." Ezra uncovered his face to make eye contact with her. His hands instead held her shoulders, his voice now calm and quiet.
    "Just please don't say goodbye when you go there. Goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting. I know the city, and I know how easy it is to walk away from the happiness you felt before you got there. Please don't let that go. You'll forget me if you do, and I can't lose you. You're all I have left." That's the only time Ezra has ever sounded older than his actual age.

Post by Guest 6/23/2014, 1:51 pm

Charlotte's Hut 2drxajb

"Ezra..." Charlotte looked down at the grass.  She felt a twang of guilt hit her in the stomach. She should've known that this would've set him off. She should've just stopped. But...Charlotte didn't want to stop with the city talk. And she didn't want to go alone. Charlotte rested her hand on her other arm as Ezra scolded her. Not saying one word. But she wanted to say so many things. Not everyone turns into his father. Not everyone grows cold. It wasn't like she could even go to the city. Her father watches her like a hawk and sends these...animals to watch her and scold her. He's probably watching her now, laughing. Laughing because she was the only one with the dream of the city. A stupid, stupid dream.
    And now she was realizing that her dream was stupid. She didn't want Ezra to yell at her anymore. He was her friends, her best friend. No nymph would run around the cabins with her. No nymph would do half the things her and Ezra do. And that's why she felt even more horrible than she did before.
    Charlotte didn't know that she was all Ezra had. She didn't know how much her words hurt him.
    Charlii hugged Ezra tightly, "I'm sorry." She mumbled into his shirt.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/23/2014, 2:17 pm

Ezra's sight was blurry so he couldn't read what she said. He was so scared. First his dad, then his sister...now Charlii had the capability of leaving him. He was so scared. His hands were trembling on her shoulders. He couldn't speak because of the lump in his throat. When she hugged him, he held onto her tightly and let a lone tear slip from his closed eyes. Ezra wished he could grow up - mentally, because physically he would age until death. He wanted to think like everyone else. Ezzy was sad. He was too sad to think like an adult, because when you're a sad adult you do stupid things and make bad decisions. He felt terrible about not being able to take Charlii to see the humans, to see how things worked outside of their camp. He couldn't lose her, as selfish as it seemed. he needed her, or else he would turn into a sad adult that made stupid decisions.
    Ezzy didn't let go for a long time. he just stood there and hugged Charlii, hoping to mute his own guilt and pain. When he did, though, he took a step back and looked to his blue-and-black Vans covered in soil. He couldn't looked at her after he'd killed her dream. Lastly, Ezra felt like a coward and a hypocrite. Would he had felt this way if he did go with her into the city? He didn't want to answer himself. Instead, he walked back to his board and kicked it into his hand. He sat down in the dirt with the board on his lap, his eyes still focused on his shoes.
    "I'm sorry, too."

Post by Guest 6/23/2014, 3:08 pm

Charlotte's Hut 30ivt79

Charlotte bit her lip, letting out a sigh. She slowly walked over to where Ezra sat, "Do you want to talk?" She asked quietly. That's what her mother always asked her after throwing a fit. But Charlotte never wanted to talk to her mother about it. So why would Ezra want to talk to her about it?
    Charlotte sat down in front of him, dusting the dirt off of her legs. She wanted to cry, and leave. But she wasn't going to go to that. She had a friend. A friend she made feel horrible. And that made her feel horrible.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/24/2014, 1:32 pm

Ezra glanced up at the shift of the air around him and saw Charlii's mouth moving. The tears had sunk their way back down, so this time he could understand her.
    "Yeah." He cleared his throat. His voice was hoarse from yelling and being on the verge of panic, so he would stay quiet as much as possible. Ezzy didn't like these feelings. He was supposed to always be happy, especially around Charlii. He guessed that the fear of actually losing her powered through all that, and all he felt was foolish selfishness.
    "I got scared. I want to protect you from disappointment, and I am afraid you'll like being out there better than being friends w-with...me." Ezra turned his head just slightly to look at her. "I have a lot of people who like me. They call themselves my friends, but they don't like having fun with me like you do. I just want to have fun...but that would cost your dream, and I can't do that to you. That's why I told you to go without me."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 3:06 am