A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Gaurding like a bossess

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1571
    Registration date : 2013-06-28

Gaurding like a bossess Empty Gaurding like a bossess

Post by Marceline 3/7/2014, 4:20 am

I walked into the tunnel, my converse crunching the dry clay rocks. The cool autumn breeze filled the air. The sky was littered with clouds and down below cars honked as they waited in a long line of traffic. Next to the motorway grew a single tree, colored with golds, browns and reds. It reminded me of my own fiery hair which was covered by an oversized helmet which covered my sapphire eyes.
    I held onto my sword as I stood on guard, with another camper who waited until their shift was over. I kept my mouth shut as shyness was spread throughout my body. I looked across the landscape of the land below. There wasn't much to look at apart from angry drivers and a colorful tree.
    A heard a person walk out from the tunnel to start their shift.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Gaurding like a bossess Empty Re: Gaurding like a bossess

Post by Holly 3/7/2014, 4:39 am

Lindia walked out from the safety of the camp to her post on the outside of the Caldecott tunn in Oakland. Her heavy leather boots decorated her feet while combat pants and a set of heavy, yet well polished armor covered her dark shirt. Scars traced her delicate arms, an on one of the wrists was a metallic looking cuff, stretching nearly all the way to her elbow. The child of trivia noticed another girl at the post and sighed, knowing her from the fifth cohort.

Lindia was in the first cohort, and naturally held the response to look down upon the final cohort of this California based legion. Her shining, yet icy blue eyes looked over the other camper before hefting her sheild up, clutching her pilum with the othe hand. The see teen year olds hair was done in a ponytail underneath her roman war helmet, braided and dyed with streaks of a midnight blue.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 3/7/2014, 4:53 am

The new girl looked at me with a sort of snobby look. Unlike my rebellious sister, Charlotte , I just smiled at her. Though if I was Charlotte I would have probably been snobby right back to her.
    I gazed down to the ground near my feet. I scraped my shoes in the dirt and clay leaving stains on the black and white material. My helmet fell off making a loud clang on the ground. It gave me a fright, even though I knew that the helmet was to big to fit on my head. I picked up the metal head piece and brushed off some of the dirt before placing it back on my rural hair.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/7/2014, 7:56 am

Lindia rolled her eyes as she made it to the end of the tunnel and stood out in the open, right outside the cqmp with the other girl. Apparently, they had to stand there and protect the damn camp but Lindia didn't care; she wanted to leave. Lindia finally tore her eyes away from the rush hour traffic to look at her partner better, circling.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 3/7/2014, 1:04 pm

My helmet fell over my eyes, letting me see little of the world. I moved it back out of my field of vision. I really needed to ask for a helmet that fitted better. I'm sure if Reyna saw me she wouldn't be to proud.
    "Stupid helmet." I muttered.
    I continued to observe the loud cars and lonely tree.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/7/2014, 1:20 pm

Lindia sat on a rock and looked at her, reaching into her pokey and pulling out a cigarette box. She messed with the cover a moment before sticking one in her mouth. It wasnt real though; she had given up the horrible habit when she met Laure. What she used now was merely water vapor based products to help her get rid of the nicotine addiction. She sucked on it for a moment before bringing it from her dark lips and looking at the girl she was sharing guard duty with. "So. Who are you?" She asked evenly, though slightly annoyed as well.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 3/7/2014, 1:28 pm

I looked at the girl. She was smoking, something I would never do. She had asked who I was. "I am Ruby Bay. Fifth cohort." I said "My sister is Charlotte Bay." She could have known my sister. She was more popular.
    I looked at my hand. I had written a bunch of things to do. After this I had to clean my bed and a few others. A stupid bet I had lost.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/7/2014, 1:35 pm

"Fifth cohort" Lindia sneered a second before setting the false-cigarette on her leg. "Who's your mother, or rather father?" She asked as se stared out towards San Quentin, theatre prison just north of San Francisco and Oakland....the place where her father was. He wanted to personally go and end his life, but she sent need more cops on her than there already were.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 3/7/2014, 1:46 pm

"Oh, um my mother is Flora." I started. "My father, he died in a fire." I said my last sentence quieter. I looked away as I tried to hide the tear, running down my cheek. I wiped it away with the back of my hand and observed the ground, scattered with nothing but small clumps of rock and clay.
    I didn't ask her any questions, it was obvious she didn't like fifth cohort. Not that anyone does...
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/7/2014, 2:00 pm

"At least your father died. I've wanted mine to perish for years now" The child of trivia chuckled as she squashed what was left of the cigarette in her palm and threw it across the street into a trash can. "Some people just deserve to bite the dust, am I right?" She asked sarcastically. She set her pilum against the wall with her shield and smirked at the other girl, lookin her up and down. "Isn't flora a flower child or something?"
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 3/7/2014, 2:23 pm

I looked down at the ground, ignoring her first few sentences. "Flora is the goddess of flowers." I said to her with no snarky or depressed voice at all, just calm. "she lives in the underworld with Pluto." I added.
    I noticed a person peaking out from the tree trunk below. It was probably just a nymph or another demigod.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/7/2014, 2:32 pm

Lindia shrugged as she noticed the same figure and drew her golden sword from the sheath on her hip. "Who's there" he barked, her voice firm and one of command. She was going to prove to reyna, as well as Octavian an Laure that she was a roman, and one that shukd not be messed with. Yes, she was rebellious and did what she wished, but when it came down to it, she obeyed orders to protect the camp.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 3/7/2014, 2:41 pm

The head popped out to reveal it's full body, though I didn't really care. It wasn't likely to be a monster, the head was to small. Well I'm sure it was to small. I didn't pay attention to things like that. Though I held my sword tightly, just in case.
    Even though I wasn't looking I could see the... thing come out from it's hiding place in the corner of my eye.
    I looked towards the object as it came.. slithering towards us. Gorgon.
    I looked the girl, who I didn't even know the name of, to see what she would do.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/7/2014, 3:01 pm

Lindia grabbed her shield instantly, locking it against herself as she approached the gorgon, sword sticking out from her body. The child of Trivia eyes blazed with blue fire as she engaged the gorgon in heated combat, using her better range of flexibility and speed to her advantage. After planting a kick to the monsters chest she whipped her head back to the other girl. "You! Find the other one, they travel in pairs!" She ordered, slashing at the monster only to get her shield ripped instead. After muttering a few curses, she struck again, using the full measure of her training to engage the poisonous creature.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 3/7/2014, 3:18 pm

I ran to find the other gorgon, carefully making sure I wouldn't get the gorgons attention. I scanned the area, looking for any clue of where the other one was. I ran to the tree and saw where the gorgon would look.
    If I was a gorgon where would I go? I looked for places when I saw it slithering near the cars.
    I ran towards it, with no protection. I slashed at it with my sword by surprise. It hissed and spun around to attack. I dodged it's move and my helmet slipped off and thumped on the ground. I didn't have time to place it back on my head as it pounced onto me, full-body weight pushing me down. I gripped my sword and made another puncture in its side, causing it to roll off me.
    (OOC: Do gorgons have fangs they can eject poison out of?)
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/7/2014, 3:35 pm

OOC: yes

BIC: Lindia slashed and controlled her strikes towards the gorgon, and it wasnt long until her in provisional style destroyed the gorgon. The moment it hit the ground in a pile of dust she turned and ran back towards the other girl. Whatever her name was obviously needed more help in training, she was on the ground! Cursing like a sailor, Lindia picked up her pilum and thre the large spear at the monster, impaling it through the chest. "Are you a roman or a coward!?" She shouted at the other girl.9
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 3/7/2014, 3:42 pm

Okay, to be honest I really wanted to say coward. I mean it's true. I sighed. "I am a roman." I said quietly "A cowardly roman." I walked over and picked my helmet off the ground. I placed it on my head, this time letting it block my vision of her angry face. I didn't purposely want to make her angry but I was trying to be honest. I guess you could say I never stand up for myself, my sister does that for me.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/7/2014, 3:49 pm

Lindia growled at her, picking up the two vials that the gorgons as left for the prize of battle. The vials were identical, except for the liquid inside. One was a deadly poison, one was a healer beyond measure. The child or trivia held one in each hand, her golden sword back in her sheath. "A cowardly roman has no right to be in the legion. Mars almighty is ashamed by your actions! You can't cower behind the skirts of flora, or the corpse of your father. Learn to grow up" Lindia said sternly, setting the vials down to retrieve her torn shield and her pilum, both covered in monster dust. "I'll have to report your stupidity to reyna, then we may see what the price is. Maybe scrubbing the toulets?"
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 3/7/2014, 4:03 pm

I looked to the ground as I began to walk slowly away, back to where I had once stood by the tunnel entrance. My shoes were now covered with dust and dirt same as my camp shirt and jeans.
    I held my blood stained sword in my hand as I dragged it on the ground, creating a hardly visible line in the ground. I felt sad and I guess it had spread out to my power. I noticed that a small patch of grass had withered instantly. I didn't care.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/7/2014, 4:28 pm

Lindia shook her head in disappointment, removing her helmet to let the full of her blue streaked hair run down her back. "How old are you even? Being able to enter the camp and lift a soldier seems like all you can do. Can you even survive a war game? I doubt it with that pathetic look on your face" Lindia chuckled a moment before reaching for her box of fake cigarettes, though hesitating at the last moment. But it that moment, she showed weakness into her soft soul.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 3/7/2014, 4:34 pm

"I'm twelve." I said. The rest of her talk I ignored. I tried to think what my life would be like if me and Charlie* (*Charlotte) were normal and not half god.
    We would still be living in our house which wasn't burnt down, with our father, who didn't see us as troublesome and I would still have friends instead of people who looked down on me every single second of their lives just because I was in fifth cohort.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/7/2014, 4:37 pm

Lindia paused for a moment "twelve...? Wow, I could have sworn you were older" She said and walked over "draw your blade, now. If you want to make it another year, your going to need to have some skill." Lindia could remember when she was her age, back in Detroit org her abusice father and step mother. She felt herself reeling into flashbacks before stoping herself.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 3/7/2014, 4:45 pm

I drew out my blade and held out front of me. I didn't even notice that she had stopped talking. I looked up at her, she looked as though she was staring into space.
    I waved my hand in front of her, to see if her mind would come back to earth. "Hello? Are you there?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 3/7/2014, 4:47 pm

Lindia blinked, then looked down at her. "Sorry, memories" She muttered before grabbed her wrist, adjusting the postion and the grip of the sword so it was correct. "That's better." She drew her own weapon and set it against the child of floras blade. "Now. Try to disarm me, prove yourself that your willing to learn"
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 3/7/2014, 5:10 pm

"How am I meant to dis arm you?" I said. I was sure she was older than me but I tried anyway. I hit her sword with mine as hard as I could and when that didn't work I slashed at her wrist then knocked the sword out of her hand. I just needed to make her loosen her grip then hit her sword. Very basic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 6:31 pm