A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Chemical defect

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Chemical defect Empty Chemical defect

Post by Morgan Landry 3/11/2014, 5:14 pm

It was a hot day. Like, hotter than normal. The sun rays were baking the trees and even the naiads had retrieved into the deepest depths of the lake, where it seemed to be the coldest right now.

Ian wouldn't say no to a little swim there, really; he already felt like walking around shirtless. Unfortunately, though, he wasn't, but his black Antoni Morato shirt was unbuttoned to the bottom of his ribcage already, emphasizing his slim, youthful body and the silver chain he had around his neck, with the flat obsidian pendant.
    Right now, he was going to the archery training. Recurve bow in hand, quiver strapped to his thigh, he was in position, already nocking an arrow.

He was about to shoot, when the Athena cabin, which was training with them, arrived, led by Annabeth. Suddenly, his heart changed its pace, it made a couple of slow beats before increasing wildly.
    There he was. Benjamin Holmes. Ian allowed himself his most charming smile and passed a hand through his caramel-brown hair, messing it up a little as Benjamin walked past him.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Chemical defect Empty Re: Chemical defect

Post by honey 3/11/2014, 8:26 pm

© html by fishy, graphic by sherlock

benjamin

holmes

Normally Benjamin ignored Annabeth when she announced it was archery training time for his cabin. He didn't mind most of his half-siblings, but he found them rather boring. Another reason he avoided the group archery practise was that he wasn't all that fantastic at it, and contrary to popular belief, he didn't quite like being laughed at. Now, however, when Annabeth called training time, Benjamin nimbly leapt off his bunk and followed the group. As he matched Annabeth's pace, she gave him an odd look but otherwise said nothing, which Benjamin appreciated.

Once they were at the archery range, Athena's children strode purposefully past the Aphrodite cabin, most of whom were admiring their reflections in their weapons. Annabeth muttered a joking comment to Benjamin, who was still at her side. He smirked and nodded, agreeing that it would probably be best to pretend they were here on their own, instead of having to deal with the obstacle the Aphrodite children (and other half-bloods; it wasn't only Aphrodite and Athena cabin there) would no doubt present.

There was a girl, about 13 years old, who looked on the verge of tears. Annabeth sighed and went over to help the small girl, and Benjamin faced a mechanically moving dummy target. Benjamin straightened, pulling the string of his bow back, holding it taut as he aimed. He let go, and the arrow visibly wobbled in the air before piercing the dummy's shoulder. Benjamin frowned, and pulled another arrow from his quiver. He was determined to hit the dummy on the head at least once today.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/12/2014, 11:59 am

Benjamin shot an arrow at a moving, mechanical dummy, and hit the shoulder. It wasn't exactly a bad shot, but Ian immediately jumped onto the occasion.

"Aw no," he said, coming right behind Benjamin. "I'm sorry, handsome, but you can do much better than that."

He positioned himself next to him, their arms almost touching. Ian enjoyed the sudden proximity, his pupils enlarging behind his Ray-Ban sunglasses, his pulse quickening.

"Look, your position is not good. Your arm, is not at the right level. Here, let me show you."

Ian took his arm and raised it a little, feeling his warm skin between his fingers.

"And look, your body is not in position. You should be standing straighter, much straighter. Here." He put one hand on Benjamin's back, the other one on his torso and put a little pressure so he would straighten his back. It felt oddly good, he could sense Benjamin's ribs and also the faint shadow of a heartbeat. It was almost intimate. "Theeeere we go. And your feet need to be more apart, much more apart. They're practically sticking together there."

He said all that in his most charming voice, a matching smile on his lips, that let his regular teeth show.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 3/13/2014, 7:40 am

© html by fishy, graphic by sherlock

benjamin

holmes

Startled by the voice behind him (every one pretty much avoided him normally), Benjamin twisted around. The boy behind him smiled charmingly and called Benjamin 'handsome.' Benjamin frowned and opened his mouth to say something, but then the boy was holding his arm and Benjamin never liked to be touched much, so that was simply not on. Benjamin's mouth snapped shut in his shock, Cupid's bow lips pressing together in a slightly down-turned line.

And really, was touching all that necessary? He felt the uncomfortable warmth of the boy's hand through the grey fabric of Benjamin's shirt. The boy wasn't giving Benjamin a chance to speak, to protest, between the talking and the damn touching. Benjamin wasn't a child anymore, he didn't need this. The boy didn't step back, even when he seemed to be finished talking--his hands still lingered on Benjamin's skin.

Benjamin fought to keep the uneasy scowl off of his face as he inched away from the boy's touch. "Thank you," he said, voice clipped and not sounding grateful at all, "I'm sure I can do it on my own now." He added on the last part pointedly, and flashed an insincere smile with entirely too much teeth before turning back to the dummy. Still in the position the boy put him in, Benjamin pulled back the string of his bow, until his hand reached his mouth. He let the string go, and this time, the arrow didn't wobble as much. It pierced the dummy where it's nose would be. Benjamin's arms fall to his side in his surprise, pale green eyes widening in surprise.

He glanced to the boy again, a small, genuine smile on his face. "Benjamin Holmes," he said, "son of Athena."

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/13/2014, 8:35 am

"I know," Ian replied. Because I've had a crush on you for four months now. "But can you deduce who I am?"

He added to that a challenging yet still attractive smile, whilst arching his well-defined eyebrows.
    He had quite ignored the underlying note of annoyance he had detected in Benjamin's voice. He doesn't know me yet, he thought. Of course he's annoyed, but I like that.
    Ian knew he had to impress Benjamin, and now. Not through archery talents, he doubted the son of Athena cared much about that, but through mental skills. He was a manipulator, and was decided to use this to his advantage.

OOC: Shooooort.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 3/14/2014, 8:45 am

"How--" Benjamin began to ask, frowning again, but the boy cut him off again, telling Benjamin to deduce him. This boy was unsettling Benjamin, and he did not like it. He thought about refusing to deduce the boy, but hell, Benjamin would never ignore a chance to deduce anyone (unless it was Mark's girlfriend--that was a bit not good). His face smoothed into a cool, detached mask, standing straight.

"Well. You're wealthy, that much is obvious to the most dull of people. Went to a public school too--or private school, I don't care what you call it here. You're a confident person, perhaps too confident." Benjamin gave the boy a methodical once-over before continuing. "You're not a son of Aphrodite; you were actually practising, unlike the other idiots from the cabin. Eros, maybe? Mm, no. Ate? Yes, a son of Ate." Benjamin sniffs haughtily, and steps away from the boy, imperceptibly bracing himself from the blow he's sure to throw.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/16/2014, 2:22 pm

Ian smirked. "Not bad, not bad," he commented. "Not many people know about Ate. But you... I'm sure you know all about her," he grinned, implying Benjamin was very cultivated.

He stepped a bit closer, catching a hint of his citrus and paper scent, then took his arm in one hand. "Let's practice again. You made improvement, you shouldn't stop." As he said that, he put a very light hand into his pocket and slipped his phone out.

OOC: I'm doing that so he has his phone, like Irene Adler did (but Irene had had his jacket xD).
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 3/19/2014, 7:29 am

Benjamin was distracted by the pressure of the hand on his arm, so he didn't feel the other hand in his coat. His expression went sour again, and he tugged his arm away from the strange boy. His behaviour... unnerved Benjamin, and it was a new and very uncomfortable sensation.

"You already showed me, thanks." Benjamin said sharply, looking down his nose at the boy. He hadn't learned the boy's name, but he didn't care. With an arrogant toss of his dark curls, Benjamin lifted his bow once more, eyes narrowing slightly as he watched the dummy move. He let the arrow fly, and this time, it struck where the eye would be. Damn. Not exactly the middle of the forehead, but close enough that Benjamin was a little satisfied. He pursed his lips slightly, trying to ignore the boy next to him as he pulled another arrow. He shot again, and hit just a little closer to his target. Finally, he dropped his arms and turned to the boy, frowning deeply.

"Can I help you?" Benjamin snapped. His mere presence was annoying. Then a thought struck him, and a tiny hopeful light lit in his eyes. "Have you got a case?"
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by honey 5/13/2014, 5:03 pm

{topic is abandoned}

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content