A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

oh, we're never gonna quit it (aka freezing while staring wistfully at strange cabins in the forest)

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

oh, we're never gonna quit it (aka freezing while staring wistfully at strange cabins in the forest) Empty oh, we're never gonna quit it (aka freezing while staring wistfully at strange cabins in the forest)

Post by mabel pines 3/16/2014, 3:45 pm

© html made by fishy, graphic by sherlock

I'm not whole.

it's horribly cold in the forest, and taleis supposes he should have brought a heavier jacket or something. let it be said that taleis is definitely not the god of forethought. the god of forethought would probably squish him like a bug. that is how awful taleis is at forethought. the god of forethought would find his mere presence insulting.

so, taleis is in the forest, and he is quite cold, and he'd prefer to be sitting by the fire and eating fondue with justin bieber than freezing out here. he shoves his hands as far into the pockets of his flimsy coat and, gods, he'd even take a scarves and taleis thinks that scarves are the most pretentious thing ever, seriously, he is that desperate.

"i hate everything," he says, huffing out a breath and sitting down stubbornly on a rock

loki
    loki

Male
    Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2014-03-15

oh, we're never gonna quit it (aka freezing while staring wistfully at strange cabins in the forest) Empty Re: oh, we're never gonna quit it (aka freezing while staring wistfully at strange cabins in the forest)

Post by loki 3/18/2014, 7:03 pm

A cute girl told Jim about the Titan cabin hidden in the woods the other day.

They shouldn’t have done that, probably. Now, Jim was hurrying to the cabin, breath hanging in white mist in the air. He was all nice and toasty in his charcoal fleece jacket, hands tucked inside the pockets. Every step he took made a squelch noise (which was totally unattractive and gross, by the way). It had snowed a couple days ago, and the melting snow turned the ground into cold mud that stuck to his shoes. He was pretty sure his cheeks were red from the cold, but he really didn’t care, especially when he could see the cabin through the trees and fog. He picked up speed, a huge grin on his face. As he got closer, though, he saw another guy standing around the cabin.

What the hell? The kid was wearing a thin jacket, which explained why he was shaking like a leaf. He looked miserable. Jim slowed down. The guy could be some sort of guard, and that was gonna get in the way of Jim’s plans. He had plans dammit.

“Hey,” Jim called out, trying for a charming smile, “what are you doing out here?”

OOC: I tried to use the HTML, but apparently I "can't post external links for 7 days" because I'm new.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

oh, we're never gonna quit it (aka freezing while staring wistfully at strange cabins in the forest) Empty Re: oh, we're never gonna quit it (aka freezing while staring wistfully at strange cabins in the forest)

Post by mabel pines 3/18/2014, 8:01 pm

I'm not whole.

admittedly, taleis' reaction is quite lame and it is definitely not one he will tell his children in the future, but, dammit, the cabin looks abandoned and he hears a voice, so who can blame taleis for queaking and falling off his rock, really.

"jesus!" he exclaims, because it is cold and now his palms and the knees of his jeans are all muddy and wet. and it's cold. has he mentioned how cold it is yet? because it is. it's cold. it's very cold. taleis does not like cold. he likes his warm california climate very much, thank you.

"that wasn't very nice of you," taleis says as he stands up, frowning at the dark patches of mud on his knees. he looks thoughtfully at the cabin. maybe it's warm in there. maybe he could, like, snag a jacket, or something. and some dry jeans. that would be great.

he eyes over the boy, unsure of whether or not he's suspicious or anything of the like. it's hard to tell at camp, really; taleis just goes with assuming everyone is suspicious. seriously, you see a smaller and more innocent looking child of ares, but how do you know they're a child of ares, so you go to start a friendly conversation, and then the next thing you know you're in the infirmary and you've got a broken arm and ten stitches. not that taleis is speaking from experience, or anything, of course not. how could you even think of making that accusation? rude.

ooc: oh man laaaaaaame
    loki
    loki

Male

Post by loki 3/19/2014, 8:27 am

"Sorry," Jim ducks his head and grins apologetically. "I didn't meant to, uh, scare you." Like, he really didn't, and he feels especially bad because the guy fell on the cold, squishy, disgusting mud. He looks even more miserable than before. Jim sees the guy glance over to the cabin. Maybe he isn't a guard, which would be really great because the cabin and Jim have a date but if the guy isn't a guard and wants to join in, it would be a-ok with Jim. Still, it might be wishful thinking...

"You didn't answer my question, dude." He says, squaring his shoulders. Better to be safe then sorry. Pssh, Jim never listened to whoever had said that to him once in his life, but whatever. He wasn't gonna give up his plans just cause he didn't ask.

OOC: But the HTML is still hella rad.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 3/21/2014, 10:32 pm

I'm not whole.

taleis takes a moment to think about that, because, seriously. what is he doing out here? like, why would he willingly go on a walk in the forest in the middle of winter with his stupid jacket? taleis has no idea. he legitimately has no clue. it should be more concerning than it is, but, honestly, taleis has gotten used to not knowing why he does things.

"i really have no idea," taleis replies in a bright voice, smiling cheerily at whoever it is who has stumbled upon him. taleis briefly wonders if he looks unhinged, before coming to the conclusion that it is very likely that he does and it is not something that he should worry about. that happens a lot. not much of a big deal anymore, really.

"now, if i may ask," taleis says, "what are you doing here?" he flashes his best 'i am completely 100% harmless' smile and hopes it doesn't add to the unhinged-ness of his appearance.

loki
    loki

Male

Post by loki 3/27/2014, 10:15 am

© html made by albatross, graphic by sherlock

Jim Thorn

"I dare you to do better."

Okay, so now the kid was kind of creeping Jim out. He was smiling, but in the way that either meant he was running on zero sleep or he was one step from doing seven backflips in a row and spontaneously combusting. Or something. Anyway, the dude looked crazy—and yeah the kid didn’t even know why he was there, which was concerning. Jim wished he had thought to bring a Taser like that cute chick in the Thor movie. Still, he hadn’t attacked Jim yet, so when he asked Jim what he was doing, he answered honestly.

“I’m going on an adventure.” He said, feeling like Bilbo. “That cabin,” he said, pointing ahead, “and I have plans.” He grinned winningly, and stuck his hand back into his pocket. And because he’s a really awesome person, he offered, “You can come with if you promise not to bite me, or anything. Because lemme tell you, man, you look like you’re one step away from medical insanity.”

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 3/28/2014, 7:05 am

I'm not whole.

taleis laughs, can't help but throw his head back. "yeah, i kind of expected that," he says. he could try and keep his grin down, but that'd be boring, right? it's best to keep things interesting.

"promise i don't bite, though," taleis adds as a second thought, because this guy said something about an adventure and there has been a serious lack of those around here. camp is great and all, but it can get a bit boring sometimes. par the lava-spilling climbing wall. the lava wall is great. taleis would marry it, if you could marry climbing walls. she's truly lovely.

"so!" taleis says, clapping his hands together and bouncing on the balls of his feet (which is definitely because he is excited, not because he's cold or something like that; you're insane). "what does this adventure entail? should i tell my mother i won't be home by supper?"

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 6/1/2014, 12:33 pm

ooc: bruh

taleis leaves. screw this, he's cold.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 4:54 pm