A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Crossbow teaching

jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Crossbow teaching Empty Crossbow teaching

Post by jake. 4/16/2014, 12:43 pm

Crow walked into the archery range. He hated this lesson with a deep passion. The death king groaned as he picked up a bow and arrow. He shot and arrow, and it missed the target by a meter or so. He cursed under his breath.

Crow was still thinking about Falko, the weird encounter had been messing with his head. Was she a friend? Maybe an enemy? No, probably a friend. Nope, Fiend. Naw, Friend. Argh... He thought and tried himself again at shooting. it hit the outside of board, the second-worst part to hit it. He groaned once again. "This sucks!" He said and tumbled to one of the small benches at the side of the Archery range. he sat down, and sighed. Then he stood up, trying once again. Missed.

Next one? Miss.
    The one after that? Miss.
    Crow swore a couple of times, and then grinned at the thought of a sword battle with Falko. Maybe she was more of an archery type? He didn't mind. Anything so he could finally put good use to his blade. The cold Stygian Iron had not tasted blood or felt battle for a long time now, nor had he used his powers for a few days. He hadn't seen Nephilim for a week or so now, he was actually wanting to encounter the Asian girl again. He grinned at the thought of her powers. They were awesome, he had to admit. But hey, his dead soldiers were also a great aid in battle. Their ghastly faces made him grin. He had given the two commanders names, Waxy and Bobby. He grinned, still visualising what the battle between Bobby and Falko would look like.

Last edited by jake. on 4/9/2015, 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Crossbow teaching Empty Re: Crossbow teaching

Post by Morgan Landry 4/17/2014, 10:00 am

Crossbow teaching Tumblr_n434kfkukD1saxemio1_500

It was already late afternoon when Falko walked to the archery range with the rest of the Minor War Gods cabin. She was wearing a fashionable plum-colored skirt, cut over the knee, with a demon-printed black top and sandals. Her crossbow was on her shoulder and her daggers at her sides, as usual; a metal-thudded bracelet at her wrist contrasting with the delicate pearl earrings at her lobes. Her hair was straight today, held up by a silver skull-decorated hairpin, so that her black streaks danced around her neck and shoulders with the rhythm of her pace.

When arriving, she caught sight of somebody she had met last week: Crow Finnley, the Death King. He was aiming with a bow and arrows but missed with desperate regularity. Smirking, Falko walked up to him.

"Ah, you're hopeless with a bow too? Welcome to the club."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/17/2014, 10:09 am

Crow noticed that the girl was behind him. Falko. "Ah, Terror face. We meet again." He said and didn't look over his shoulder. He let the arrow fly, and this time it was surprisingly close to the Bulls-eye. He raised his eybrows in surprise. "Yes, I am quite rubbish at letting arrows fly. This one, yet, was quite a good shot." He said, nodding towards the target. He shoved the bow and arrow into Nephilim's hand, smirking.

"How nice. That's the first club I'm actually welcomed into. If not, the first thing, ever I'm welcomed to. Oh, and how fortunate I am to have my good friend Falko with me in this club." He grinned slightly, and slowly trudged to a few dummys that were standing around, probably some Campers were to lasy to transport them to the arena. Crow swung his blade a couple of times, and then twisted around, cleanly chopping off the dummy's head. He made several cuts into the dummys and then sheathed his sword again. "What weapon are you handy with, Nephilim?" He said, almost snarling at the last part. The death king grinned, a usual move by now.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/17/2014, 11:06 am

Surprisingly, the next arrow hit the target.

"Yes, I am quite rubbish at letting arrows fly. This one, yet, was quite a good shot."

"Beginner's luck," Falko commented, smirking at him but then he shoved the bow and arrows into her hands. "Ew no, keep those away from me," she said, shoving them back at him. "I'm good."

"How nice," he said as she 'welcomed him into the club'. "That's the first club I'm actually welcomed into. If not, the first thing, ever I'm welcomed to. Oh, and how fortunate I am to have my good friend Falko with me in this club."

"Good friend, calm down, we barely know each other," the Asian girl chuckled as they went off to some dummies at the side of the range. Crow drew his sword and beheaded one dummy after having swung his blade a couple of times, leaving a metallic ring in the air.  

"What weapon are you handy with, Nephilim?" he asked, sheathing his sword.

"Those I carry, Finnley," she replied as a response to him calling her Nephilim -- she preferred Falko. "Daggers and crossbow."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/17/2014, 11:22 am

"Beginner's luck," Falko said, and Crow raised his eyebrows. "B*tch please. I've been doing this for atleast ever since I got here, and I've failed. This, is what I call improvement." He said and smirked at the Asian girl.

As he shoved her the weapons, she shoved them back, and muttered something like "Eww, keep those away from me." The death king just rolled his eyes and shot again, this time hitting the third baddest place to score. He raised his eyebrows once more.

"See? Improvement, Falko." He said.

"Good friend, calm down, we barely know each other," Falko said, and chuckled, to crow's annoyance. He smirked. "Admit it, Terror face. You wanna' be my friend. Imagine! The Good friend of the Death King. Almost Famous. You would score so much in the categorie of popularity, believe me." He said, rolling his eyes. "Obviously I'm not your friend."

"Those I carry, Finnley", she said. Was she trying to offend him somehow? Because it had failed. He did not find any offense in being called by his last name.

"Daggers and crossbow." She said, and Crow raised his eyebrows for the third time, maybe in sarcasm, maybe because he was geniuenly intrested. "Aha. Intresting, Nephilim." He snarked the last part again, knowing it had too cause some sort of discomfort in her. "The Death King would like to see that."

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/17/2014, 2:18 pm

"Improvement? Yeah, shoot some more arrows, I want a laugh," Falko jibed him with a smirk. He hit the third worst place. "Keep shooting. Your luck might just run out."

"Admit it, Terror face," Crow said. "You wanna' be my friend. Imagine! The Good friend of the Death King. Almost Famous. You would score so much in the categorie of popularity, believe me." He said, rolling his eyes. "Obviously I'm not your friend."

"I don't care about popularity much even though I'm considered member of the popular cliques," she casually replied. "I ain't so dumb as to care what others think about my friends."

He looked at her weapons. All were painted in matte black, including the blades, in order to keep the metal from reflecting light. Even the skull shaped dagger pommels were colored that way.
    Aha. Intresting, Nephilim." He snarked the last part again, knowing it had too cause some sort of discomfort in her. "The Death King would like to see that."

Falko snorted. "I'm under no obligation to obey your orders, Crow," she told him.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/18/2014, 8:18 am

Crow just smirked as Falko said-"Improvement? Yeah, shoot some more arrows, I want a laugh," and then added, "Keep shooting. Your luck might just run out." Crow raised his eyebrows. "As if you were any better." He mumbled and nodded towards her weapons. "They look quite cool." He said sarcastically, grinning. For some strange reason, he wanted her to grin back.

"I don't care about popularity much even though I'm considered member of the popular cliques," she casually replied. "I ain't so dumb as to care what others think about my friends." Falko said. Crow chuckled.

"Terror Queen, do you even have any friends? If so, go ahead and name them." He said, raising his eybrows, awaiting an answer, still grinning.

"I'm under no obligation to obey your orders, Crow," The Daughter Of deimos said, giving out a snort. Crow just laughed. "I understand. We have an independent woman here, everybody!" He said, chuckling. He put his arm around her tightly, so that she couldn't escape. "Now show me some of your own Bow n' arrow skills, Terror Queen." He said, smiling at her from the side.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/18/2014, 11:12 am

"As if you were any better." He mumbled and nodded towards her weapons. "They look quite cool." He said sarcastically, grinning.

"I know I'm hopeless at archery, reason why I carry around this baby here," Falko replied. "And thanks. I got them from the arsenal."

Crow still chuckled. "Terror Queen, do you even have any friends? If so, go ahead abs name them."

"Is this a challenge?" Falko said, raising her slanted eyebrows. "You know, just because you're awkward around people doesn't mean I am. Of course I have friends, my best one being Terra. I have quite a number of friends in a bit every cabin, even yours, not to mention those I have in Montreal, where I live. I couldn't list them all, I'd forget some."

When she said she would not obey him, he chuckled again. "I understand. We have an independent woman here, everybody!" He said and passed an arm around her shoulders tightly and smiled. "Now show me some of your own Bow n' arrow skills, Terror Queen."

Falko shook herself free. "If you put yourself at the place of a target dummy, I'd be glad to," she replied, readying her carbon fibre crossbow before turning to one of the targets, tmher index on the trigger. All four bolts were ready. Falko pressed the trigger, and the first bolt flew, lodging itself in the dummy's neck. She turned the crossbow ninety degrees such as to have the next bolt and fired. It hit the dummy's painted right eye. She turned the weapon again, third bolt. After she fired, it hit the dummy's chest. Now, fourth and final bolt. Falko turned the crossbow and pressed the trigger. Next second, the bolt was lodged in the dummy's other eye.

She turned to Crow. "That's why I don't use bows and arrows."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/18/2014, 1:38 pm

"I know I'm hopeless at archery, reason why I carry around this baby here," Falko said.. "And thanks. I got them from the arsenal." Crow just smiled slightly.

"Is this a challenge?" Falko said, raising her slanted eyebrows. "You know, just because you're awkward around people doesn't mean I am. Of course I have friends, my best one being Terra. I have quite a number of friends in a bit every cabin, even yours, not to mention those I have in Montreal, where I live. I couldn't list them all, I'd forget some." Crow grinned. "How intresting." He said and smirked.

As Falko shook herself free, he smiled once more. He watched her shoot. "Nice." He said.

OOC: Sorry for le short post. I was running out of time

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/22/2014, 6:43 am

Crow just smirked and replied with one or two words. Falk waited, the bolts slowly reappearing on her crossbow, and she stroked the carbon fibre with her index, her nails painted in black.

"Where do you come from?" she asked.

OOC: Sorry too xD
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/22/2014, 7:12 am

"Where do you come from?" Falko asked Crow, and he shrugged. "I'm from Seattle, Washington. Nothin' Posh or anything." He said and gave her a slight smile. "Well, I know you're from the Cirque by now, but where exactly?" He asked her brushing his hands through his messy black hair and smiling slightly once more.

OOC: God dayum these short posts xD
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/22/2014, 10:35 am

"Where? Until I was nine all I did was traveling with my mother and the group across the world."

She shot an arrow at another dummy, hitting the ribcage, right under the painted heart.

"But then I met a satyr by chance and my mother and I settled down in Montreal. The Cirque has a permanent show there."

OOC: I know xD I'm sorry!
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/23/2014, 3:04 am

"Where? Until I was nine all I did was traveling with my mother and the group across the world." Falko said, and Crow simply nodded. "But then I met a satyr by chance and my mother and I settled down in Montreal. The Cirque has a permanent show there." Crow raised his eybrows. "Could you teach me how to do that?" He nodded towards the dummy, and then to the crossbow.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/24/2014, 10:01 am

"Could you teach me how to do that?"

Falko was surprised, Crow seemed like the type of self-assured guy who wouldn't ever ask help of anybody.

"Um sure," she replied, then shoved the carbon fibre competition crossbow into his arms. "Alright so here you got the trigger," she told him, showing the button with her index, "you turn the shaft around like this, and for the aiming, that's your job."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/24/2014, 12:29 pm

Crossbow teaching Tumblr_mz26jqKL2W1sadm02o1_500
    -----

Crow raised his eybrows as Falko handed him the crossbow. She showed him how to shoot, and he nodded, getting quite a good idea of how to do it. He shot once, and it hit the dummy somewhere in the leg, then straight in the knee. He grinned. "It's quite difficult, but thanks." he said. He shot once more, and it hit the dummy right between the legs. "Ouch, hope that wasn't a guy." he said and grinned lightly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2014, 5:34 am

"It's quite difficult, but thanks." he said.

"You'll quickly get the hand of it, don't worry," Falko answered, crossing her arms to watch him shoot another bolt. It hit the dummy between the legs.

"Ouch, hope that wasn't a guy."

Falko chuckled. "Too bad we ain't using real persons instead of dummies. I mean, real monsters." She grinned like a wolf, as if she had not at all meant to correct her lapsus. "You should straighten your arms," the Asian girl said and took his forearms in her hands, moving them, to show him. "Try now."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/25/2014, 5:46 am

-----

"You'll quickly get the hand of it, don't worry," Falko said, making Crow nod a bit. "M'kay." He said.
    "Too bad we ain't using real persons instead of dummies. I mean, real monsters." Crow raised his eyebrows. "Damn, that would hurt." He said, grinning a bit. "You should straighten your arms," Falko said and Crow just nodded as she took his forearms and straightened them. She asked Crow to try now, and he shot, hitting somewhere at the dummy's shoulder. He grinned. "Thanks for the tip." he said, smiling mishchievously.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2014, 6:19 am

"No problem," Falko grinned back.

She watched him shoot the arrows, then got a bit uneasy because of her ADHD and started leaning backwards so far her forehead touched the ground. She did not mean to show off, she was hyperactive and couldn't just stand there doing nothing for more than a minute. Resting her arms on the ground, she made an elbow stand before rolling back up, her black hair whipping across her back.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/25/2014, 10:01 am

-----

Crow looked at Falko wierdly as she bent backwards, her head almost touching the ground of the archery range. "What the f*ck?" Crow said and grinned wickedly, almost impressed by her getting up swiftly again. "Do that again, Terror face. I don't wanna' admit it, but that was quite impressive." He said and felt the urge to wink, but didn't in the end. He kept on grinning mishchievously at Falko, keeping the Crossbow at his side.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2014, 10:36 am

"Quiet and shoot, you," Falko replied, squinting at him. "That last bolt was a mess."

She couldn't help but smile at his compliment though. Her mother being a professional contortionist, of course she had learned from her, but not only from her. She had learned from nearly everybody in her mother's group. Now she could not only perform contortions but also fire-breathing, tight rope walking and numerous other things that came in handy during the Titan war.

"I'm just gonna stand here and watch you shoot," she smirked, going into Durvasa's pose, standing perfectly straight with one foot on her shoulder.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/25/2014, 10:49 am

Crossbow teaching Tumblr_mcm5zubyOg1rtqmho
    -----

"Quiet and shoot, you," Crow put and arm around her and whispered into the shell of her ear: "Yeah, Yeah." Then pulled away and shot again, this time hitting straight in the chest. Falko was standing there watching him with her foot above her shoulder, which made Crow grin a bit. He shot three times, each one getting better and better. "How's that for improvement?" he asked, grinning.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2014, 4:23 pm

"Hm. Not bad," she commented before putting her foot back on the ground and dusting her shoulder, where the shoe had left some earth stains.

She was still a bit confused by the fact he took her shoulder and whispered in her ear, as if they were intimate; it was not the first time he did this, she recalled. It was just weird, this stranger she was just starting to know who did things like that. If she didn't know him at all, she'd suspect him of flirting with her, but seeing he was as cold emotionally as a fridge, it was highly improbable.

"Try hitting the nose," Falko said with amusement.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/26/2014, 3:03 am

-----

"Hm. Not bad," Falko commented, and Crow raised his eyebrows a bit. "Hey Terror Face...Not bad? It was good. Very good. Admit it." He coldy said, but still having a hint of teasing in his voice.

"Try hitting the nose," Falko said, and Crow rolled his eyes. "M'kay, your Majesty." he said and shot once more, hitting it at the mouth. Second time he shot, it hit the leg again. "Darnit." He mumbled.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/26/2014, 7:49 am

"Hehehe. See what I told you? Beginner's luck," Falko teased him, punching his shoulder in a friendly way. "But the mouth was indeed a nice shot, though it wasn't your target. That must not feel very good," she chuckled.

She passed a hand through her up-pinned hair and hoped nobody had seen her performing those things, I mean -- she was wearing a skirt. A tight one, yes, so not much to be seen, but still.
    But anyway, what did she care? She always had a black cotton short under her skirts, just in case she was attacked by some monster, in which case the skirt would only inhibit her movements.

"So if archery's not your style, what are you fighting with then?" she smirked. "That toothpick?" she teased, pointing at his sword.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/26/2014, 8:34 am

-----

"Hehehe. See what I told you? Beginner's luck," Falko said and punched Crow in the arm, and he raised his eyebrows in slight surprise, then he returned to his cold, slightly arrogant face, but he couldn't help but grin mishchivously as Falko said: "But the mouth was indeed a nice shot, though it wasn't your target. That must not feel very good," Crow just nodded and grinned widely. "Was that a Compliment I just heard, Terror Face?" he asked smiling at her from the side, then handing her her Crossbow back.

"So if archery's not your style, what are you fighting with then?" Falko smirked. "That toothpick?"

Crow looked at her from the side, smirking. "A toothpick? Stygian Iron, cooled in the river lethe itself. Absorbs you're spirit, Terror Face. You don't wanna' get in its way." he said and punched her as a response of her punching him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content