A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Nobody Asked You

The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

Nobody Asked You Empty Nobody Asked You

Post by The Seelie Queen 4/20/2014, 7:45 pm

Caleb hadn't meant to end up at the basketball court. He hadn't meant to end up in the common area, hadn't meant to pass the big house, hadn't even meant to leave the U of the cabins. It just happened that way. So when he did, in fact, find himself surrounded by sweating basketball players, dribbling basketballs, and cheering, he rolled his eyes at himself.

He had stumbled into the court (yes, literally stumbled. Caleb was the equivalent of a baby girraffe; tall and clumsy on his feet) and wandered over to a bench where he promptly sat down, panting. He wasn't sure why he was panting. Had he ran there? He had no idea; his mind was too clowded with thoughts. Like, for instance, his girlfriend, who he treasured.

He did, however, notice the few girls sitting on the other side of the bench, gawking at him. He frowned. Did he have something on his face? Was his hair messier than usual? He took off his beanie and ran his fingers through the unruly tangles, quickly placing the beanie back on his head. But the girls kept staring and whispering and pointing. When one of them waved at him with the flick of her wrist and a seductive smile, he simply smiled shyly back. He choice to ignore them and focus on the game.

Basketball wasn't exactly his favorite sport, but it was damn right close. Since he was tall (6'7 is pretty tall for a sixteen year old), his old highschool quickly had him join the team, even though he had no skill at the sport whatsoever. He would either trip over the ball, accidentally hurt someone, or throw the ball too high. Plus, the nieghborhood kids weren't the nicest of people, so they never let him use their ball, and he could never afford to buy his own. Breathing in the humid air, hr did his best to focus on the game and not the girls.

OOC: the html was being weird so I decided not to use the template
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Nobody Asked You Empty Re: Nobody Asked You

Post by beanie 4/21/2014, 7:15 am

It wasn't unusual for Andi to be at the basketball court. But it wasn't like Andi to pass up a basketball game or just watch. She'd normally be playing with her brothers in the Apollo cabin. But today, Andi choose the option to sit out. She had cut her right hand badly, a thin red line running across her palm. It stung badly whenever she touched something with it. When she got it checked out, she was told to take it easy for the next couple of days so she didn't re-injured it, much to her discomfort and not to her liking.

So there she was, sitting on the bench, observing the basketball games on the court. Her bandaged hand was outstretched, making sure that if it leaked blood through the bandage, it wouldn't drip any blood on her military skinny jeans or black t-shirt with the band name Fun.on it. The girl especially didn't want any blood on her black converse, for those were her favorite pair.

As she watched the game unfold, Andi noticed that the girls on the edge of the bench, who made flirty remarks to the players the entire game, almost making Andi punch them, were pointing, whispering and looking in the brunette's direction. At first, the daughter of Apollo thought that they were talking about her but soon realized there was someone behind. She turned her head around and saw that there was a boy sitting in the other edge. He was wearing a beanie like her black one and had an uncomfortable expression on his face. She glanced back at the girls, some of them giving her a weird expression. She shrugged it off and turned back to the boy, her messy brown locks whirling.

"They bothering you?" She asked him, motioning to the girls.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 4/21/2014, 10:30 pm

© made by fishy
    Caleb Guardian

"If I follow the light that I deem the brightest
    I won't believe that it's always like this."

Caleb's eyes moved to the girl seated between the non-so quiet ones, and himself. When she spoke, he jumped a little, not expecting anything other than the flirting whispers of the other girls to be so close to him.

He turned his head halfway, looking at her from the corner of his eye. "I guess," he said, eyes transitioning to the girls behind her, who squealed when they noticed he had looked at them with a full head spin. He unwillingly rolled his eyes at them.
    "I guess they're pretty annoying." he sighed and faced the game again. "But there is nothing we can do, right?" he shrugged and looked back towards the game, sighing.

He hated attention more than he hated mean kids.

(OOC: sorry, kind of short)

beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 4/22/2014, 2:13 am

The boy turned his head slightly, looking at Andi in the corner of his eye.

"I guess," the answer was short and simple. Some squeals were heard from behind her but she didn't turn around, just kept looking at the guy. Her brown orbs though caught the small eye roll he gave them and a small smile formed on her lips.

"I guess they're pretty annoying." He added in before redirecting his attention back to the game. Pretty annoying? Andi could think of more ways that they were annoying but she kept it to herself. Her brown eyes moved with her head as her gaze turned to the girls, who were still gawking at the boy next to her.
    Their behavior puzzled the brunette. Sure, she was a girl but some girls always puzzled her. Like whenever she used to hang out with her best friend Ethan back home, there always be one or two girls that striving for his attention, trying to gain it with complements, hair twirling, and all that other stupid stuff. For Andi, she didn't get it, for she'd never have to beg for a guys attention; she was always one of the guys back home.

Andi looked back at the guy before reaching her left hand out for a shake. "I'm Andi."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 4/27/2014, 8:53 pm

© made by fishy
    Caleb Guardian

Caleb eyed the girl's hand before out stretching his own. "Caleb," he said, whilst giving the hand a brief shake once, twice, and then three times before letting go and returning his own hand back to his side.

He saw the way the girl was sitting — a little bit more directed towards him, so he turned to face her. "Nice to meet you."

The way that the girl — Andi, he reminded himself, looked at the other girls with confusion made him laugh a little on the inside. Okay, then. Not a daughter of Aphrodite. Caleb let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, a put on a non forced smile.
    "So, Andi. Whatcha doin' on the basketball court? Do you play?" he looked at her, wondering if she did. That would be a fun game — sure, he was taller than her by a lot, but he was also clumsy, and if she was good, maybe she could help him learn a little better.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 4/27/2014, 9:35 pm

"Caleb." the boy Caleb stated, giving Andi's hand a firm shake. She let it fall to her side when he let it go, a small smile forming on her lips. "Nice to meet you."
    Caleb faced himself more towards Andi, a smile appearing on his face.

"So, Andi. Whatcha doin' on the basketball court? Do you play?" He questioned. The brunette gave a small nod. She wasn't the best-she was better at soccer-but she played mostly with her half-brothers and on the rare occasion, her half-sisters.

"Yeah, I play." She replied with a shrug. "I would be playing now with my half-brothers-she gestured to the Apollo boys- but I hurt my hand earlier." She held her hand out, some parts of the bandage stained with her dried blood.

"Do you play?" She asked the same question to Caleb. He looked like one, he was taller than her, which was an advantage for most people that play.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 5/2/2014, 3:58 pm

© made by fishy
    Caleb Guardian

Caleb shook his head at the girl's question, laughing a little to himself. "Yeah, I guess. I mean, if you count trippin' over the ball, or other people, or yourself 'playin''. Than yes, absolutely."

He smiled at Andi, looked back up at the court.

"I wanna join them, but at the very same time, I don't wanna make a fool of myself. You know that feelin'?"
    He turned his head, looking at her hand, and then back at her face. "What happened?" he asked with concern. "That looks like it hurt.."

ooc: short short short
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/2/2014, 9:04 pm

Caleb shook his head as Andi asked.

"Yeah, I guess. I mean, if you count trippin' over the ball, or other people, or yourself 'playin''. Than yes, absolutely."Andi chuckled a little. His smile was contagious because she found herself smiling back.

"That's how I was when I first started. Before I started playing basketball, I was used to using my feet for football, or as most people call it soccer. But I improved as I continued to practice." She explained with a small shrug. She remembered that her coach used to yell at her for kicking the ball with her feet during practices.

"I wanna join them, but at the very same time, I don't wanna make a fool of myself. You know that feelin'?" Caleb asked, looking at Andi. Boy, Andi knew that feeling well.

"Yeah, I still get that feeling now. Most boys, even my half-brothers, always pick me last just because I'm a girl. They know I can play, they've seen me play and sometimes it makes my blood boil!" She replied. Though she wasn't going to unleash her anger onto Caleb, it wouldn't be a good first impression.
    Pain started to shoot from her hand. Andi winced, grabbing her hand in pain.

"What happened?" Caleb asked with concern. "That looks like it hurt.."

"Yeah, it hurts like hell." She said through gritted teeth. "I was training earlier and my opponent's sword cut my hand badly."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 5/18/2014, 9:24 pm

© made by fishy
    Caleb Guardian

Caleb grit his teeth together. hearing the girl's pain in her voice. "Jesus," he said, sympathy plaguing his voice. Any other demigod at camp would have said, "it's a training camp for half god monster fighters. What do you expect to happen?" But he didn't.

Instead, he acknowledged what she had said before. "I know how you feel. It's no secret I'm clumsy, so everyone nev'a picks me eith'a." he smiled at her. "But then again, I suppose they wouldn't wanna have someone trippin' over his own feet in their team." he laughed.

OOC: sorry for the short post and not posting for a little while
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/22/2014, 8:14 pm

I'm a Bad Influence
    "Jesus." Caleb replied sympathetically. Normally people would've said some snarky comment that Andi would've beet them up for. She glanced up back at Caleb and flashed him a genuine smile. Not a smirk, a smile.

"Thanks." She whispered. Out of the corner of her eye, Andi noticed that the players had wrapped up their game and were starting to flee the court. Some of the chatty girls had left even, though there was still some that was watching the pair's conversation with scornful expressions. Andi shrugged it off and arose to her feet, snatching a discarded basketball ball that someone had left behind. Her hand stung a little but she shrugged it off again as she chucked the ball at Caleb.

"C'mon." she started, ushering Caleb to his feet. "I'm going to teach ya how to be a little bit better at basketball."

But....Man I'm Fun!

The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 6/14/2014, 3:09 pm

© made by fishy
    Caleb Guardian

Caleb snickered and caught the ball, only seconds before it hit his face. "Impossible," he said, but stood up and  followed her anyways.
    Caleb balanced the ball on one hand, standing across from Andi. He smiled, liking the look on her face - determination, and confidence. One thing he's always had, one thing he wished he had more of.
    "Now what?" he asked, slunching his shoulders without realizing it.

ooc: omg im so sorry and this is short D:
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/14/2014, 5:56 pm

I'm a Bad Influence
    Caleb had followed Andi to the center of the court, balancing the ball on one hand. At least he knows how to hold the ball. Andi turned around, facing Caleb. Her gaze flickered from the girls who were staring right at Caleb back to the boy.

"Well, for starters, I wanna see what you can do. Like, layups and shooting and stuff like that." Andi explained while flicking some stray hairs out've her face.

OOC: Mine short as well

But....Man I'm Fun!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 4:43 pm