A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

To the Labohratory! Private!

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

To the Labohratory!        Private! - Page 2 Empty Re: To the Labohratory! Private!

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2014, 8:43 am

"You're an asteria, not an asterai," Victoria corrected with a deeper frown. "And I am asking because I am curious. I am half human, half goddess, and I can tell you about both sides. I can tell you about the physics and chemistry of my body, about the reactions that take place, the reason my hair is blonde and the reason my skin has these pigments. I can tell you why we see the sky as blue and I can tell you why we see the grass as green. I know what most produces the continental heat flow and I can tell you how the Earth is going to look in thousands of years from now. I thought it'd be logical you knew answers to some questions about stars and the Universe, but it seems I was mistaken."

To the Labohratory!        Private! - Page 2 Empty Re: To the Labohratory! Private!

Post by Guest 5/9/2014, 8:50 am

"You weren't. I do know about stars and the universe. I don't know things like what the earth will look like in a thousand years. I know a lot about one subject-astronomy. And you come along and ask me questions about astrophysics, when I know less than you. Think about that, mrs know it all"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2014, 9:05 am

Victoria grinned. 'Mrs know it all', 'mrs smartass' were things many people told her. Victoria did not see that as insults, rather as acknowledgements of their own cluelessness. In general, when people insulted her, Victoria knew it was the moment she had won the argument. Because if they had won the argument, they would not feel the need to insult her. In addition, they insulted her in order to save a bit of their honor, so they would not be humiliated by a defeat... it was a mean of walking out the head held high. But Victoria was not fooled. Insults were not arguments, they just proved the person had no arguments left, and was frustrated about it, reason why they tossed cheap shots at her. 'Go ahead,' she wanted to tell them. 'Keep showing the whole world your ignorance.'

"It's weird, to know things but not know why those things take place," she mused, her hematite gray eyes sparkling. "I couldn't guess you'd know less than me. I mean, you're the star nymph."

Post by Guest 5/9/2014, 9:41 am

"It is wierd, isn't it? And flattery won't help. But-grr!" She exclaimed. She had fallen into a trap. Admit that the other is smarter, and lose the argument, or accept the flattery and lose the argument. "Stop messing with me!" She shouted.

Last edited by Creator of Reality on 5/9/2014, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2014, 10:31 am

"Who ever said I was flattering you?" Victoria said, raising a blonde eyebrow. "And I am not messing with you, I am simply pointing things out. If somebody is messing with you, it's yourself."

Post by Guest 5/9/2014, 11:00 am

"There you go again! And again! You have to be doing this! You want me to doubt myself, or doubt you, and either way I lose this. That won't happen. You can't break me."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2014, 11:59 am

"I don't intend to break you, Stella," Athena's daughter stated. "I tend to have better things to do than that."

Reading. Inventing. Working. Calculating. Experimenting.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/9/2014, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 5/9/2014, 12:06 pm

OOC: *gasps.....A ONE LINER FROM MORGAN (people screaming and running around the city)
    BIC:"fine" Stella said. "The. I'm surprised you admit that you think that someone is smarter than you. I never would've thought I'd hear an Athena kid say that. Ever."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2014, 12:11 pm

Ooc: on my phone those were two lines xD imma edit this aberration ^^

Bic: "Excuse me, when did I say that?" She asked. "But yes of course I admit some persons are smarter than me. Athena, my mother, for example. Artemis. My half-brother Benjamin is very intelligent though our types of intelligence differ; same for my half-sister Annabeth."

Post by Guest 5/9/2014, 12:18 pm

"'I couldn't guess you'd know less than me. I mean, you're the star nymph.'" Stella repeated. "That's basically saying you could never believe that I was dumber than you, or saying that there is someone smarter than you."
    OOC: it was a joke XD
    I'm just trying as hard as I can to not one-line
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2014, 12:40 pm

"You're mixing up knowledge with intelligence," Victoria stated, her gaze hard. It was something that made her nerves burn. "Somebody can know a lot and yet be as dumb as his shoes, whereas somebody can know very little but still have a skyrocketing intellect. Knowledge and intelligence are not the same thing at all. Knowledge is just having information. Intelligence is to know how to use this information. And wisdom is to know how to use it correctly."

Post by Guest 5/9/2014, 12:54 pm

"Yes I know, but you know what I mean. Hopefully. So what's your side? Knowledge or wisdom?" She asked curiously.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2014, 12:59 pm

"No, I don't see what you mean. Clearly you didn't know before I told you." She stated, boiling in her inner. "And what do you mean, which side do I choose? I don't choose sides." I'm not like you, she almost said. "I am striving for knowledge, intelligence and wisdom."

Post by Guest 5/9/2014, 1:05 pm

"Well I do know. There's this thing try have called making a mistake,speaking too soon." "Not as good a choice as you could have. Why not have more in one thing then have less in more?" Stella asked.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2014, 1:11 pm

"Speaking too soon happens quite often at yours, it seems," Victoria noticed, then her eyes widened as she said 'why not have more in one thing than less in more'. "Nymph....are you even listening to what you're saying, or is your mouth a symbiot you can't control? You're telling me I should focus on intelligence when having neither knowledge or wisdom, on wisdom when having neither knowledge nor intelligence and on knowledge when lacking intelligence and wisdom. Is that what you are saying?"

Post by Guest 5/9/2014, 1:15 pm

"Well maybe it does!" Stella shouted. "Yes, that's what I'm saying. One thing at a time leads to a simpler, easier life. Of course you wouldn't understand that, you do everything at once." She said, glancing at the writing all over Victoria's arms and clothes.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2014, 1:20 pm

Victoria was shocked though nothing of that emotion could be seen on her face; she just looked coldly neutral.

"Do you even understand that such a thing would be pointless? What is the point of knowledge when you don't have the intelligence to use it? What is the point of intelligence when you have neither knowledge to nourish it nor wisdom to use it? What is the point of wisdom when you don't have the necessary knowledge and intelligence to understand and use it?" She looked down at her arms and clothes. "I'm a multitasker. My mind focuses on various subjects at once while I'm talking with you."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/9/2014, 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 5/9/2014, 1:24 pm

OOC: you spelled clothes wrong
    BIC: "okay. You're a multitasker. I'm not. If you have knowledge, wisdom and intelligence, then surely you should be able to see that we won't get anywhere by arguing. Agreed?" She asked.
    OOC sorry I just have the life of an editor, so I'm bothered when people make mistakes XD
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2014, 1:28 pm

Ooc: Woopsie, thank you!

Bic: "You are saying that because you have no more arguments, not for the sake of intelligence or wisdom," Victoria observed. "You just want to look as if you won this discussion by stopping it."

Post by Guest 5/9/2014, 1:37 pm

"Nope. I'll talk for days. I just want to end the ar-gu-ment." Stella said slowly so that Victoria would know what she was talking about.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2014, 2:27 pm

"Then let's talk for days, why don't we?" Victoria said. "We both have plenty of time. I'm curious to know what else you have to say."

She uncapped her pen and wrote the solution of a differential equation she had just finished calculating in her mind on her shorts.

"Or did you want to end the argument so I would stop proving you wrong?"

Post by Guest 5/9/2014, 2:34 pm

"Okay then. What do you want to talk about? Social life? Monster fighting? Swimming? I can talk about plenty of things." Stella said and shrugged. "I wanted to end the argument so I wouldn't hate you more than I already do. It's not something I usually feel towards anything, hate."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2014, 3:13 pm

"I don't hold any grudge against you for hating me, most people dislike me either way. What do I care? You're all but sophists to me." She listened to Stella's topic examples. Social life? I didn't think I'd seem like somebody who has a social life. "Why don't we talk about ideas?"

Post by Guest 5/9/2014, 3:48 pm

Stella brightened up at the mention of ideas. "Ideas about what? Machinery that could-oh, say work in space that could help me measure the diameter and circumference of a star? Perhaps-oh let's say the third one in Orion's Belt?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2014, 5:53 pm

"You mistake my wording again," Athena's child said. "When I say ideas, I mean idea in the sense of Immanuel Kant, a transcendent but nonempirical concept. In addition, you don't need such a machine to measure the circumference and diameter of a star, in most cases, an optical interferometer suffices for the diameter. As for the circumference, you'd need a radar, emitting a radio signal, and the diameter of the star."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 9:40 pm