A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

The Heights

The Heights - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heights

Post by Guest 5/28/2014, 10:18 pm

"Yeah." Sol said sadly. "Lung cancer." He said then looked over to hunter. "I'd rather not talk about it, though. Can we change the subject?" He asked.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1055
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

Post by kayla 5/28/2014, 10:35 pm

"Understandable dude, sorry I shouldn't have gone there." Hunter played off with a nervous laugh, rubbing the back of his neck with a sweaty palm. His arm had completely healed and he swung it around a couple of time, nearly hitting the other boy in the face in testing. Hunter wiped his hands on his orange shirt, making sure they were completely dry before he stood up and clapped his hands together as he faced Sol.

"I say we have a race. First person to the top gets to kick the loser off the top of the wall, face first. Or maybe a less punishing punishment seeing as I'll probably loose. Hmm yeah this is pretty tough." He contemplated.

Post by Guest 5/28/2014, 10:38 pm

Sol grinned once more. "Readysetgo!" He said swiftly and dashed over to the wall, scaling it fastiy, and in 20 seconds was more than halfway up the wall.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 5/28/2014, 10:43 pm

Hunter took off a bit late due to Sol's fast talk and within 35 seconds was already nearly up the wall and was ready to pull himself up onto the platform in hopes of actually winning but he was faced with shoes. He looked up at the owner of said shoes to all but see Sol's smug grinning face.

"Aw come on!" Hunter whined, pulling himself up and tried to balance between the claps the two halves of the wall did to erupt lava. "That was not fair." He stated, pointing at Sol.

Post by Guest 5/28/2014, 10:47 pm

"It was entirely fair." Said sol. "Now open your mouth." He said and slowly pushed hunter off the side of the wall face first. "Try being faster next time!" He called down and hopped down from the wall.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 5/28/2014, 10:54 pm

Hunter groaned as he fell in mid air, his brown hair being hit by the wind and he braced himself for impact. He opened his eyes just in time to meet the green grass and as he landed on his head, he flipped his body upside down so when he laid down, his entire body faced the sky. He could see Sol coming down from the corner of his eye and focused them back at the sky.

"I hate you so much. I hate me so much. Why did I come up with that stupid bet?" He asked to no one in particular and sighed, getting back up on his feet and facing Sol.

Post by Guest 5/28/2014, 11:00 pm

"Sometimes life isn't fair. Now you know that shoes don't taste good. Isn't that a valuable life lesson that you'll be able to tell your kids someday?" He asked.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 5/28/2014, 11:06 pm

Hunter glared at him, wiping away the taste from his mouth. Sol's shoes were dirty and fowl and he had not liked the taste of it at all. Dirt, rocks, shows, and gods knows what else. He shivered slightly in disgust in the clueless beyond of what the boy could've stepped in.

"Hopefully they won't be as stupid as I am to never have one go near their mouth."

Post by Guest 5/28/2014, 11:09 pm

"Hey, you and I agreed on that." He argued. "Nah, your kids won't be stupid. They'll be great." He said.
    OOC: I'm tired so I'm gonna rest a while. I'll reply next in like 20 or so minutes.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 5/28/2014, 11:21 pm

"I know, I know, I'm just being mad at myself and taking it out on you. And my kids will be great, they'll be like legends or some stuff like that. But first I actually have to get a girlfriend for that to happen and besides, I'm not having kids this early. I can barely look after myself." Hunter laughed.

OOC: Alright, I'll probably reply tomorrow morning when you do or later tonight. Idk depends how I feel

Post by Guest 5/29/2014, 6:31 am

That's what I've always wanted to be." Sol said. "A legend. Someone who changes the world, where people will say , 'Hey, I knew that guy as a kid!' That would be nice. A legend....." He trailed off, looking at nothing in particular.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 5/29/2014, 9:53 am

"It would be nice wouldn't it? People knowing your name, what you did, a hero.." Hunter said, looking down. "But since I'm not exactly hero material I'll just help the heroes along. Maybe be a nameless face to them who dies in action, I dunno maybe something like that." He shrugged nonchalantly.

Post by Guest 5/29/2014, 3:57 pm

"I just want my life to be something. To have a meaning. I'm not saying that it doesn't, or that I'm not satisfied with this life-because I swear to every god there is that this life is probably the best one I'll ever get-, is jut that I want people to know my name and respect it. It just.....seems.....like a good way to live your life." He said eventually.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 5/29/2014, 6:47 pm

"I guess that's one way to live your life. Maybe one day you'll be able to achieve that." Hunter said sincerely as he shrugged rubbing his jaw with his hand roughly before yawning. Stretching his arms, he sat on the floor and tucked his arms under his chin.

Post by Guest 5/30/2014, 3:58 pm

"You ever want that?" He asked. "To be as famous as.....Chuck Norris perhaps. Look how far he's gone. It's be amazing to have people respect you like that." He said dreamily.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 5/30/2014, 7:32 pm

"I've heard of the name, never knew much about him I guess. What is he? Some crazy martial artist or something? What'd he ever do to get so much respect?" Hunter asked with a laugh as he looked at Sol's goo goo eyes with that dreamy look of awe of his as he talked about some Chuck Norris dude.

Post by Guest 5/30/2014, 7:38 pm

"Yeah, the only guy who can win the 1983 World Series of poker despite holding only a joker, get ou of jail free monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from uno." He said in awe and recited the many Chuck Norris jokes he had memorized.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 5/30/2014, 8:09 pm

"Wow. Okay, guess I can't argue against that- it's pretty awesome. I don't think even a demigod could do that. Well but then again, a demigod probably wouldn't end up in that situation." He shrugged and leaned back.

Post by Guest 5/30/2014, 8:12 pm

Sol grinned. "Yup. That's Chuck Norris for you." He joked. "So what have you done since you got here?" He asked curiously.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 5/30/2014, 8:32 pm

"You mean like when I was 13? Not much actually, just hung around camp my life from then on. I'm a year rounder and the best part is that there isn't much school unless you talk to one of the Athena kids. I've never been on a quest or anything so my life isn't all that exciting unless you count occasional combat and run in with monsters."

Hunter hadn't actually realized how little action he had in his life outside camp or with anything that was risky. He guessed that was just him being a wuss and staying in his comfort zone.

Post by Guest 5/31/2014, 8:13 am

"I actually got here just a few weeks ago, and I'm a year rounder. No family or friends to visit. But it's fine, this place is great, and has found me plenty of family and friends already." He said happily with a smile on his face.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 5/31/2014, 12:15 pm

"Wow only a few weeks ago and you're like, what 17? How'd monsters not come to surround you or kill you? Right when I hit 13 a satyr had to save my skin from being killed." Hunter said in astonishment.

Post by Guest 5/31/2014, 12:45 pm

"I was followed by monsters a lot, and yeah I was attacked quite a lot also. It started at the same time you say it happened-13. Those were the hardest years of my life....." He trailed off.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 5/31/2014, 1:19 pm

"How'd you get them off your back? I thought only celestial bronze or imperial gold could kill them. And Stygian iron but that's not your division." Hunter asked in confusion.

Post by Guest 5/31/2014, 1:25 pm

"I ran." He said. "I got lucky. I hid in buildings, alleys, random houses, anything I could find. I was sent to the public jail multiple times but I was bailed out every time, or was charged with community service." He said sadly remembering the dark days.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 2:17 am