A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Leila's Bunk

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1055
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

Leila's Bunk Empty Leila's Bunk

Post by kayla 5/28/2014, 5:54 pm

Age 14, First entering camp:

A daughter of Epione? The only gods her family had told her stories about were Japanese and Korean folk tales at the most, oh the irony in that. Mom was a Greek goddess? She asked herself as she walked into her cabin, her new home. She found an untaken bunk and sat down with her head in her hands. Leila felt like she had lost her individuality of being an only child. She must have had a bunch of half siblings and the whole camp was full of her cousins for Christs' sake! Could she even date one of them? She decided she wouldn't dwelve into that. She sat back up, tucking her long dark hair back behind her ears and pulled up her suitcase onto the bed. The demigod boy who had brought her here had told her to pack anything she needed since nobody was home and she had time to do what she had needed to.

She opened up her bag and she remembered that the first thing she had grabbed was her photo album. A big case that was sleek and black with her family's last name on the cover. Eun. Her eyes welled up with tears and she pressed it to her chest as she sobbed quietly in case anybody was going to walk in on her. She missed her appa, her hal-abeoji, and her halmeoni, all the people she had loved were gone. Her grandma didn't remember her, her grandpa was dead, and now she had left her father. Leila so badly wanted to go back home but she knew it was safer here. But she couldn't stand the idea of her dad being hurt because of her. Maybe when she was older she'd ask Chiron about leaving camp for a visit to her dad. She didn't know if that was in the rules or not since it was her first day here but she'd find out. But what she did know was that she'd have to be stronger than she ever was before, emotionally and physically. And nothing was going to stop her from doing that.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

Leila's Bunk Empty Re: Leila's Bunk

Post by Sammy 11/30/2014, 6:28 pm

It took colin right around twenty seconds to decide to go after her. In a way, he was relieved it wasn't a guy, but he felt stupid for being so self-centered and thinking that. So, that was why he stood at her cabin door, hesitating slightly before knocking.

He opened the door slowly, before spotting Leila on her bunk a ways down the cabin. He slowly made his way to her, before sitting on her bed with her and taking off his jacket, shrugging it onto her own shoulders.

"You really know how to speed walk," He said gently, curling his arms around her and petting her hair softly.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/30/2014, 6:52 pm

"doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will"

Leila had changed and comfortably crashed into her bed when she heard a knock on the door and the creaking of it being opened. The cabin was mostly empty except with another couple on another bunk a couple bunks away from her own. She had the knit blanket that her grandmother made for her covering the lower half of her body and her fingers played with the gem that hung off her necklace and she smiled a bit. This stupid necklace was how she met Colin in the first place. She was glad she threw it in the lake.

She heard footsteps coming towards her but ignored it, guessing that it was just another camper going to their own bunk for a nap or something. She was surprised when she felt a jacket being draped over her shoulders and she tugged it closer, recognizing it as Colin's. Gods now she felt all giddy inside when she felt his arms around her and his hand on her hair.

She closed her eyes and shook her head a little, instinctively moving closer to his warmth. She turned around to face him and looked at him in amusement. "Do you do this for all your friends?"

art credit

Last edited by kayla vern on 11/30/2014, 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 11/30/2014, 7:05 pm

"No. Only the ones that run away from me," He replied, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. He leaned up against her bedpost, not taking his arms away from her.

"I remember the one year anniversary after Astaria's death. I didn't leave my cabin for a week. I was convinced that I didn't deserve to leave the bed. They had to force feed me, I felt so bad. Eventually, I refused to sleep or to even move. Every second I felt like I died a bit more. And it didn't get better. Each year, the same thing happened. It hasn't stopped. Her anniversary is coming up in a month or so, and nothing's going to change," He told her, playing with her hair lightly.

"The thing is, it never would've have been so bad had someone actually been there for me. No one ever was, and no one ever is. I just sit there, dead, for days and no one does anything but pass me and pity me.

"My point is, I'm going to be there for you, okay? Through thick and thin. No matter what. You could kill everyone I love and I'd be there for you. I promise you that."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/30/2014, 7:26 pm

She watched silently as he leaned against her bedpost and Leila covered him with some of her blanket so she had half and so did he. She listened attentively and adjusted herself a little too so that she was lying on his chest; one ear listening to his story and the other to his beating heart.

Leila felt like her own heart was breaking after learning how Colin dealt with his mourning. A tear fell down her cheek and she didn't know she was crying until she felt a tear hit her hand. She sat up and wiped her face with the sleeve of her orange sweater without speaking and turned back to Colin and just attacked him with a hug. Her face was on his chest and her arms were wrapped around his torso. She buried her face there for a while until she looked back up with a smile.

"Colin you really are the best and thanks for saying that. I didn't realize how much I wanted someone to say that they'd be there for me in a long while so thank you." Leila said graciously. She leaned up and placed a kiss on his cheek, letting her lips linger for a while before pulling back. "This year I'll be there for you, okay? I'll be there for you when you grieve and when you mourn and I'll be there for the rest of the years to come. And I promise you that."

art credit

Last edited by kayla vern on 11/30/2014, 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 11/30/2014, 8:13 pm

"how about we just promise to never leave each other?" He asked with a mall laugh, kissing her back on the forehead. he sat there with her in his arms for a while longer, taking her hand in his and rubbing circles onto the back of it.

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked her, pulling her closer to him. "I can stay, if you want," He suggested, his voice full of hope and worry. He didn't want to leave her alone. He didn't know what would happen to her. He didn't want to leave her ever, actually, but it had to happen at some point. As much as he wished, he couldn't be with her forever.

Nothing lasts forever. He'd learned that the hard way.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/30/2014, 8:39 pm

"I can keep a promise like that." Leila smiled a bit shyly as she nuzzled into him. Was it just him or was it getting hot in here? Maybe she didn't need the blanket right now but hey whatever. "I'm going to be okay but yeah, just stay for a while."

She sighed in content and got comfortable in Colin's arms, ready to say something when she saw something move from the corner of her eye. "Get out." Leila heard someone say and she turned her head back to see who it was. It was a girl and a guy on a bed. The girl's name was Mariasonia she believed, she recognized her face since they shared a cabin and talked once for introductions. The guy she was with wore a lot of eyeshadow. Even Leila didn't own that much eyeshadow. Then the guy did something that made Leila gasp and make a face of disgust. Did he just kiss her and pin her to the bed when she just told him to leave??

She could feel herself coil up and tense in annoyance. Did that boy never learn to R-E-S-P-E-C-T a woman's personal space? Because it certainly didn't seem like it all. Her fingers twitched, itching for the sword that was under the pillow Colin was laying on. "Colin . . ."

art credit
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 11/30/2014, 9:33 pm

"Shh..." Colin said, grabbing her hand gently. "Look, she pulled a whip on him. It's fine. He's leaving now," He said quietly as the guy left and the girl promptly dropped the weapon and fell back down on her bed.

He sat there with her, watching the girl sob into her pillow for a few minutes before going silent, presumably falling asleep. He didn't tear her eyes from her frame, though, and for some reason kept imagining that it was leila in that bed. No matter what, he would never let that happen to her.

"I'll stay here for a while longer, okay?"
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/30/2014, 10:07 pm

"Hmph." Leila responded, glaring daggers at Mr. Eyeshadow as he walked out of the cabin and stuck her tongue out as the door hit him on the way out. She relaxed a bit knowing that he was gone and laid her head back on Colin's chest, squeezing his hand. She looked back over to where Mariasonia was and she wanted to run after the boy who just left and curse him to Tartarus. She looked away from the crying girl who had fallen asleep and frowned. Next time she saw Mr. Eyeshadow she was going to hit him.

"Okay." She whispered back as she played with his fingers for a moment before realizing what she was doing and presumably dropped it with burning ears.

"Hey Colin?" Leila murmured quietly. "What am I to you?"

She felt like butterflies were raging in her stomach and spiders were crawling out her throat when she finally asked the question that'd been bothering her for quite a while. She didn't really want him to answer for fear she might have gotten her hopes up a little too high but he wouldn't just do this with anyone else right? She hoped not at least but still braced herself for the worst.

art credit
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 12/1/2014, 8:35 pm

Oh, gods. That wasn't something he was expecting. What was the answer? He'd spent so much time asking the same question about himself to Leila. He had no idea what to say, because the answer was something he either didn't know or didn't have the words for. And even if he did, he wasn't romantic. How was he to do this? He was probably the least romantic guy on the planet.

Oh, well. He had to say something eventually, right? And so, with a deep breath, he began.

"You remember when we went cliff diving in California? Well, you know that feeling you got the minute after you jump, where your heart skips a beat because if you messed one thing up, your past the point of being able to fix it? And then that burst of relief and adrenaline and whatever else you can think of when you hit the water? Like you've actually achieved something? Like 'wow, I can't believe I did this'. That's the same feeling I get every time I see you.

"And you remember when we went star gazing that night, and it felt like you were in a completely separate world? Like, yeah, your problems still exist, but when you're right there, in that moment, you don't care. You don't care because you are quite possibly witnessing the most beautiful moment in all of mankind's history, and you can't even remember what your problems were because the good you see has pushed all the bad stuff out? That's the feeling I get every time I just talk to you.

"Oh, but that's not even the best part. You know how sometimes you'll stay up really late, and you're really tired but you don't want to go to sleep, so you end up in this half-awake state that blends reality and dreams together? Where you don't remember all the adults telling you that something's impossible and you don't have logic beating you down, but you still have just enough sense of reality to believe that what you're dreaming is real. I get this same feeling every time I think of you, Leila. And I think about you a lot.

"Honestly, Leila, I don't care what you are to me, or what you think I am to you. I don't care if you hate me. No matter what, you'll always be something special to me, and I can't describe that with words. So I guess I can't tell you what you are to me. All I can say is that you're Leila, the girl I've been going insane over from the moment I met her."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 12/1/2014, 10:37 pm

To be honest, that was the best and most Colin-ish thing answer she could get out of him. And she absolutely loved it. Leila couldn't find the words to say because she was really just speechless. So she decided to find a better way to use her lips.

She sat up and turned herself around so she was facing the boy she absolutely adored Colin and looked at his beautiful eyes with a fiery determination before she swooped down to capture his lips with her own. She kissed him slowly and with eyes closed, remembering the rush of the fall when she jumped off of the cliff and into the rushing water below. She gripped his shirt to pull him closer as close as they were under the starry sky but maybe even closer. After gods who knows how long, Leila pulled back before pressing one last kiss to his lips, and falling over on his chest as laughter bubbled up within her.

Okay she felt embarrassed for her hasty action but didn't regret it. For once in her life of many regrets, she didn't regret kissing Colin. Maybe she never would.

"I'm sorry that was kind of random wasn't it?" She laughed out as she leaned her head back to look at him in all his holy magnificence of brown hair and indescribable eyes that just made her want to kiss him again because holy cow were they gorgeous. "But I have to say, that's the best thing I've ever heard since stepping foot in this camp. I knew you were good with languages but when did you become such a poet?"

OOC: yes leila ruin his whole speech of wonderfulness by just kissing him and saying something lame back

art credit

Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 12/7/2014, 11:39 pm

Ooc: the dorkiness of leilin. Time for some French, no?

Bic:

Oh, gods. Oh gods. Oh godsohgodsohgods. He was being kissed. By Leila. Leila. Was. What.

This was the summary of the thoughts going through Colin's head. Besides the random asdfghjkllkjhkgdfhfgjjttu's that can't really be put into words.

He kissed her back softly, gently, not wanting to break the fragile moment he held so closely to him. He held it close to him, like a bird, scared that if he were too careless, it would fly away, but worried that if he were too rough, he would break it.

The moment was over too soon, and he was left with a huge stupid grin on his face that made him look like a surprised puppy. "Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point," He quoted playfully in response, knowing full well she probably wouldn't understand it.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 12/8/2014, 12:18 am

Leila rolled her eyes with a smile still plastered onto her face.

"You know I don't know what that meant. Would you be so kind as to translate?" She asked a little teasingly. She noticed she was still practically straddling him and wanted to roll off her bed and into Tartarus in embarrassment even if she wanted to just lay like this forever. She couldn't help it! The guy was all warm and puppy dog looks, how could she want to move?

OOC:when i saw your ooc note and "french" i uh thought you meant french kissing and was going to gasp bc colin??? french kiss????? how scandalous ;D

art credit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 5:36 pm