A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Getting Over Losers

DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male
    Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2013-04-26

Getting Over Losers Empty Getting Over Losers

Post by DannyBoi 6/6/2014, 4:34 pm

How in the world did I lose to those… those… Hypnos kids? Dylan said angrily. He was pacing like a madman, trying to cope with the fact that he got cheated out of twenty drachma. Dylan had just been in a horse race against some kids from the Hypnos cabin earlier that midsummer-day, and lost. Dylan thought it would be a breeze, after all, the kids from that cabin are always asleep. With his usual luck, they'd probably fall asleep halfway through the race, and he'd take the twenty drachma they bet. Yet, that didn't happen. In fact, it was the complete opposite of what he was expecting. Through most of the race, Dylan was already in the lead. Then, when the finish line was just over 100 feet away… his horse stopped, and fell asleep. One of the Hypnos kids had the power to make whatever living creature he wanted fall asleep for a short period of time.

Dylan thought it was unfair that they used a cheap trick like that to win, but what could he do? When they agreed to race, no body said that powers weren't allowed. At Camp Half Blood, the presence of that one rule can decide who wins and who loses. While he was dwelling on the fact that he lost, he turned around to see if his best friend, Raven Kenric, was still listening. Dylan's had some good times and some bad ones, but Raven was with him in all of them. She is who Dylan goes to when he's got a problem with someone or when he just wants to let out some steam. When he said that he needed to tell her something, they agreed to meet at the edge of the woods. So there they were, Dylan letting off steam, and Raven listening to him complain about how he lost some money.

They can't stay awake for their lives when it comes to anything important like funerals, but when drachmas get involved, they become geniuses and figure out that their powers are useful for more than just shutting people up. He said. He stopped pacing, turned to Raven, and asked, What do you think I should do?
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Getting Over Losers Empty Re: Getting Over Losers

Post by beanie 6/6/2014, 5:06 pm

When Dylan asked Raven if he could meet him at the edge of the forest, that usually 1. He had a problem or 2. He just wanted to hang out. But with the way he asked her to come, Raven was leaning more towards possibility 1.
    So here she was, listening to Dylan rant and complain while pacing back in forth. The sun was starting to set down towards the horizon, the forest almost turning pitch black. Raven was far more interested in drawing doodles in the dirt at the moment. Right now, she was drawing an angry lemon head with a tiny body.
    It was a cool night so Raven dressed warm. She had thrown her black pull over hoodie, sky blue skinny jeans, purple vans, and black beanie that covered her purple and black messy locks. Her penyboard was leaning against a nearby oak tree, she had practiced some tricks before she met up with Dylan.

"....I should do?" Raven soon noticed that Dylan had turned to her, looking down on her with pleading eyes. Her expression soon turned blank, what had he been ranting about again? Oh right, some Hypnos kids had tricked him out've 20 drachmas.

"Um, try getting them back?" Great advice Rave.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 6/9/2014, 12:19 pm

Um, try getting them back? Raven said. Dylan could tell that this wasn't going very far, and decided that what's done is done, there was nothing else to do but try his hand at another bet… and remembering to add the "NO POWERS" rule to this one. Dylan looked down at the ground around Raven's feet and saw a myriad of doodles. The one that caught his eye was the one she was currently working on: an angry lemon head with a tiny body. Dylan smiled when he saw it. It reminded him of a cartoon show he used to watch, but he couldn't remember the name.

What was that show? He thought to himself. Was it… Adventure Show? No, that wasn't it. What about Adventure Journey? No, that wasn't it either. He knew that it wasn't important if he knew the show's name or not, but it irritated him that he didn't know.

Ah well, I'll just get them back with something else, like swimming. Is that a good idea, or not? He asked her.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/9/2014, 8:11 pm

Raven saw how Dylan was staring down at her dirt doodles. She bit her lip, would he be mad since she hadn't been paying attention? But her worries were for nothing as she saw him smiling before she started talking.

"Look, I guess my advice was bad but yo-" Raven started to say but was soon interrupted by Dylan talking again.

"Ah well, I'll just get them back with something else, like swimming. Is that a good idea, or not?" He asked. The Brit's eyes lit up, suddenly intrigued. She jumped to her feet, coming closer to Dylan.

"If you make the bet swimming, can I do it for you? Please?" She squealed, her British accent ringing loud and clear.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 6/9/2014, 9:08 pm

If you make the bet swimming, can I do it for you? Please? Raven squealed. Dylan was surprised at her sudden reaction. He thought she wasn't even listening, and now she wanted to do it for him? Where did the sudden interest come from?

Why are you so- He was about to continue, but then he remembered one very crucial detail. Oh right! Gosh I feel stupid. You're a daughter of Briareus, you can breathe under water and stuff. He said. If he had her swim against the Morpheus kids, then he'd definitely win back the drachma. Well, he wouldn't win the money… Raven would. It wouldn't be fair, nor would it be truly his victory.

I can't let you do that. For their sake. You'd beat them so badly that they'd crawl back to their cabin and never come out. Well, it's not like they don't do that anyways. He joked. Plus, it wouldn't be me winning the drachma, it'd be you.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/10/2014, 7:13 am

Dylan gave Raven a confused look and she knew that he had forgotten how good of a swimmer she is.

"Why are you so-" he started and Raven gave him a are-you-kidding-me? look. Then his face turned from confused to remembering.

"Oh right! Gosh I feel stupid. You're a daughter of Briareus, you can breathe under water and stuff." He blurted out. Raven chuckled and punched his arm in a playful manner. Sometimes he can be such a goof.

"No really! I can't believe you forgot. But please, I wanna do the bet for you! I'll give you the drachmas back!" She pleaded, giving him a puppy dog look.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 6/10/2014, 9:57 pm

There she was, doing it again. Giving him that dumb little puppy dog look she did when she was playing around. At first, Dylan thought that it was annoying, but over time, he grew fond of it. He grew to actually enjoy it, and it now brought a smile to his face.

But it wasn't just the look that annoyed him in the past. Raven used to get on Dylan's last nerve. She was annoying, wouldn't sit still, and couldn't take anything seriously. He used to completely hate her, but something happened that changed his mind about her. It might have been hypnotism, or it could have been magic, or maybe Dylan actually liked her at first and didn't want to admit it. Whatever it was, he was glad that he had a friend like Raven.

Alright, I'll tell you what, he said, We both do it. That way, we can split the winnings evenly. And, if its odd, you'll get the greater half. Deal? He stuck out his hand, waiting for a handshake, and gave her a friendly grin.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/11/2014, 5:29 pm

Raven could see the small smile facing Dylan's face as she continued to give him the puppy dog look. She couldn't help but giggle. Raven had remembered when Dylan uses to hate the look. It used to annoy him. Heck, he had even called her annoying. But then something happened and then, poof!, they were friends.

"Alright, I'll tell you what, he said, We both do it. That way, we can split the winnings evenly."
    Raven hadn't heard the rest of his sentence cause her brain was focused on one thing. Well, it was more like her feeling only one emotion. Happiness.

"Alright!" She cried out, glee ringing clearly through her voice. What actually surprised her was when she threw her arms around Dylan's neck and gave him a death hug.

"So, when are we gonna challenge the Hypnos kids?" Raven questioned once she pulled away from the hug.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 6/11/2014, 9:40 pm

Tomorrow, at around 4. That is, if they aren't taking their usual nap. He said. Dylan couldn't stand children of Hypnos. He personally thought that they were the most useless demigods when it came to battle. Sure, if the Apollo kids needed a dose of morphine and couldn't find any, then a Hypnos kid with the ability to put people to sleep could come in handy, but in any other scenario they were useless to him.

ooc: do you want me to do a jump cut (i.e. "The next day…") or not?
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/14/2014, 12:38 am

"Tomorrow, at around 4. That is, if they aren't taking their usual nap." Dylan told Her. Raven couldn't help but giggle at the out down. She knew how much he hated the Hypnos kids, he thought they were useless. Raven didn't strongly agree with that, although there are sometimes where she wants to strange them, but other than that, she was fine with the Hypnos kids. That Dylan's problem.

"You don't always have to be so mean but yes, tomorrow at 4 sounds splendid." She giggled, her British voice ringing clear. She was honestly very excited.

OOC: sure sounds good.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 6/17/2014, 8:55 pm

The next day was a pretty eventful one. After lunch, Raven and Dylan waited for the Hypnos kids at the lake. About thirty minutes after, they finally came. Their faces looked drowsy and they were constantly yawning as all the demigods made their bets. Then, the race started. Raven was obviously in the lead, and Dylan wasn't too far behind. Half way through, one of the Hypnos kids called quits. Dylan and Raven collected the forty drachma, and met back at the edge of the woods, the same place they met the day before.

Now that, was great. Dylan said to Raven. He could tell that she really enjoyed the race, and felt that allowing her to come along was a great idea.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/18/2014, 7:32 pm

"I know right!" Raven cried out in sheer excitement, walking along side Dylan.
    Earlier, she and Danny had swam against the Hypnos kids. As soon as the race started, Raven was already ahead, Dylan  right behind her. The Hypnos kids were as slow as always, they could barely keep up. Halfway through the race (Ravwn was practically a foot away from the finish line), the Hypnos kids called it off, forking over 40 drachmas while they layed practically dead by the lake.
    It was  just after the race and Raven was still in her bathing suit; a two piece black bathing suit that showed her slim body. Her flip flops slapped against her feet as she continued to walk by side Dylan, the sun beating down on them. Her black and purple hair was still wet, her locks sticking to the back of her neck.

"So, what are you gonna do with your drachmas?" She questioned. Honestly, she was probably going to save it for a later date.  
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 6/19/2014, 2:18 pm

So, what are you going to do with your drachmas? Raven asked Dylan. It was a good question that not even Dylan knew the answer to. He would probably use it to get himself a new set of armor, or maybe a new bow from the weapon shop. Or, he'd use them as a means of contacting his friends. Whatever he was going to use it for, twenty drachmas was a lot of drachmas.
    I don't know. I was thinking about getting a new suit of armor, and using the drachmas to pay someone. I know a Hephaestus kid who can make some pretty good armor. He said. What about you? How will you use your hard earned drachmas?
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/20/2014, 5:23 pm

A new set of armor? Raven should've seen this coming. A giggle escaped her lips as she pondered Dylan's question. What was she going to do with her drachmas? Well, she'd probably save it until she needed it.

"I'm just going to save it for later." She explained nonchalantly with a shrug.

"So, what's this so called armor gonna look like?" She asked after an awkward period of silence fell upon the two.

OOC:SHORTT
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 6/21/2014, 10:03 pm

ooc: I know, I know. I was rushing. I didn't want to keep you waiting for too long again.

bic: So, what's this so called armor gonna look like? Raven asked.

Well, it's gonna look like this: He said. He explained that the armor he wanted was going to be leather, with celestial bronze in the layer underneath. The leather would be tanned and embroidered where the muscles were, old-school Greek style. On the back there would be a holster for his sword, and on the side there would be a clip for a knife. After he was finished explaining, with sound affects of monsters disintegrating and people cheering his name, he turned to Raven and said, I know, its cheesy, but its what I want. He peered into the woods and thought, What else could be in there?

He remembered his first month at the camp. It was also the first time he want into the woods. He was with another camper, her name was Cassidy, ant it was the first time he ever used his power; He calls upon the power of his father, and his body glows a bright red color and increases in strength nearly 3-fold. His hair color changes to have red highlights that act as a meter for how long he has his power active. Once he starts the power, his hair slowly fades back to its normal black color. Once its back to normal, Dylan passes out for ten minutes. Cassidy called it his "Super-Saiyan" mode, and from that point on, that's what he called it. He had told Raven about it, but he had never needed to go "Super-Saiyan" in front of her. That made him start to think…

You want to see me go "Super-Saiyan"?
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/22/2014, 2:04 pm

"Dude, that sounds awesome!" Raven exclaimed, clapping her hands together in delight.
    The way Dylan described his armor, man!, it sounded awesome! Leather with celestial bronze underneath, how come Raven didn't think of that? She made a mental note for her to think of new armor choices later.

"You want to see me go "Super-Saiyan"?" That made her smile vanish. Dylan had told her the story of when some camper named Cassidy had made him turn his powers on, which he calls "Super Saiyan". Raven had never seen it but it had always sounded cool the way Dylan had described it.

"Um, if you wanna show it to me, then ok." Raven murmured, sitting sown on the ground nearby.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 6/29/2014, 9:53 am

Allright. Well, in order for that to happen, I need to be in the middle of a fight. It's one of the set-backs that I have as a son of Cratus, he said. It was an understandable negotiation; Dylan can go "Super-Saiyan," but only in battle, only once a day, and he'll pass out after a certain amount of time. This seemed to be a tolerable set-back, but he has to be in the heat of a life and death situation. He knew it was dangerous to bring Raven into a situation like this, but Dylan knew she could handle it.
    What would you say if we went into the woods and rid Camp Half-Blood of one or two more monsters? He asked her. It didn't matter to him whether she agreed or disagreed with him; if she said 'no' then he'd still go in.

ooc: Short, I know. I've been busy lately with family, and I haven't really been able to get to a computer.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/29/2014, 8:36 pm

"oh no." Raven cried out, scampering to her feet. "No no no no no no no." Her hands were placed firmly on Dylan's shoulders, squeezing them tightly. There is no way in her life was she gonna have one of her best friends get their a$$ whooped just to show her something.

"If you go and try to get yourself killed, I will bring you back from Tartus and kill you again." Raven stated, trying to muster a serious face. Turns out, she had made a poker face. She doesn't do serious faces.

"Just," she sighed, giving him a puppy dog expression. "Don't. Please?" Wait, that sounded needy. She retracted her hands, blushing slightly as she scratched the back of her neck.

"Just don't get yourself killed, alright?" She pleaded, looking at the ground. Oh, the embarrassment.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 7/3/2014, 9:42 am

Dylan saw that she didn't want to go into the woods, and he felt like a jerk after that. He wasn't expecting her initial reaction to be this way, but he knew Raven. She was much like her father, a wild storm. Storms don't really happen often in the world, which is why it's a phenomenon when one is seen. With Raven, he had caught lightning in a bottle, and he'd do anything to make her happy. That's what Dylan understood as what friends do for each other.
    Alright, alright. If my safety means that much to you, then we won't go in the woods. By the way, you really need to work on that "serious" face of yours. It'd probably work at the Lotus Casino, but not on me. He said.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 7/3/2014, 7:44 pm

"Alright, alright. If my safety means that much to you, then we won't go in the woods. By the way, you really need to work on that "serious" face of yours. It'd probably work at the Lotus Casino, but not on me."
    At those words, Raven felt as if she was going to burst. Honestly, if Dylan had gone monster hunting, she was going to literally kill him. Seriously, she would've trapped him in the middle of the sea during a storm. Just Kidding!

"Thank the gods. You had me worried there for a second." She sighed in relief, wrapping her arms around Dylan, bringing him into a hug. She was used to hugging him and she was sure that he was okay with it. At least, she thought.

"But my serious faces are-" Raven started, but was interrupted when she heard a snap behind her. Oh great, what was that? Turning her head back, her kaleidoscope eyes scanning the green field of trees. Her heart was pounding, she was kinda scarred.

"What was that?" She asked Dylan, her arms still wrapped around his neck in a hug.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 10:26 am