A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Observing The World From a Single Lense.(Private)

Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

Observing The World From a Single Lense.(Private) Empty Observing The World From a Single Lense.(Private)

Post by Sammy 7/18/2014, 8:02 pm

Ari stepped into the creepy old observatory, watching as sunlight seeped through cracks in the ceiling. It was a cold winter day, and the Indian girl had made a rare decision. No, she wasn't wearing her usual churidar kurta. Instead, she was adorned in a blue tank top, a winter coat, and skinny jeans. Yes. The traditional, classic Upahara Bagya Yatra. Wearing skinny jeans.

Ari didn't really have any interest in stars, and it was noon anyway. She really just came out here to be alone for a few moments. The gypsy-blood in her was getting a bit stir-crazy, and she needed somewhere new. Gods, she missed India. It was so much easier there.

Observing The World From a Single Lense.(Private) Empty Re: Observing The World From a Single Lense.(Private)

Post by Guest 7/18/2014, 9:13 pm

Observing The World From a Single Lense.(Private) Sfgtj8

Hayden wasn't sure why he was in the observatory today.  For one thing there was no heating in the observatory, he was basically sitting in a meat locker.
    And the son of Zelos didn't really know how to cope with the cold weather. Living down under, Hayden didn't get Jack Frost nipping at his nose. So, per-usual, Hayden was in his winter clothes: gloves, three layers of assorted shirts, sweatpants, boots, an overcoat, and an oversized scarf. Needless to say he looked a bit odd.
    So maybe that's why he's in the observatory; to hide from the ridicule h=of his friends. He knew he looked odd, but it's always ten degrees colder to him.

Hayden was playing around in a spinny chair in a corner with all the extra supplies. He didn't notice a new person in the observatory, but who could blame him? Spinny chairs are cool.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Observing The World From a Single Lense.(Private) Empty Re: Observing The World From a Single Lense.(Private)

Post by Sammy 7/19/2014, 1:10 am

Ari, noticing the guy in the corner of the room. She rolled her eyes, and stood at a window on the other side of the large room. After a while, though, she started to notice the soft creaking of the chair every time it swiveled. Every single time.

Ari closed her eyes, gritting her teeth as the noise became even more noticeable. Why was this camp always so loud? Was there not one sweet, peaceful, quiet place where she could just relax. Why did everything in this-

Creak.

"Could you not?" She said, turning around and staring at the immature male. Gods, some people.

Honestly, it was like no one here had any values. No respect, and definitely no maturity. No wonder Ari wanted to get out of here so badly. Sometimes, she honestly wished she was Roman. She much preferred the structure and traditional ways she had heard about them so deeply cherishing.

Last edited by The Landlord's Daughter on 7/20/2014, 12:57 am; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest 7/20/2014, 12:44 am

Observing The World From a Single Lense.(Private) 28t9vew

Hayden jumped at the sound of another voice. He was certain that there was no one else in here two spins ago. He put his hands on the sides of the chair, halting the motion.
    "Sorry, sorry, so sorry."
    Hayden bit his cheek, he didn't really like to get of on the wrong foot without knowing the person's name. It freaked the son of Zelos out that he could make an enemy that fast without really looking at the person's face.
    Speaking  of faces, the face of the person staring at him was a face he has never seen before. Which was nice; he enjoyed seeing new people, despite possibly pissing her off already. Hayden ran his hand through his hair, he had a habit of doing that when he's nervous. This girl definitely made him nervous. "I'm Hayden."
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/20/2014, 12:55 am

Oh, great. Introductions. This'll be fun. She'd kind of been hoping the guy would get all offended and try to start something. Be a lot less boring than whatever this is. But, hey, maybe some conversation could light a spark. The only thing? Ari sucked at conversation.

"Upahara Yatra. Most of the people here call me Ari," She said, turning around and walking over towards him. She cleared a place about three feet away from him and sat down, folding her knees in a bit of a criss-cross shape. She used to only use this for meditating, but after a few years, it'd become natural.

OOC: I'm really sorry, I thought I mentioned it, but I'm leaving for Argentina for a week tomorrow (Sunday) morning. I feel really bad about this. I'll be on all night, though.

Post by Guest 7/25/2014, 10:35 pm

Observing The World From a Single Lense.(Private) 642xxs

Hayden leaned forward a bit, his mouth making an 'o' shape.
    "Oh wow. I-I mean, not wow in a bad way. That's a pretty name. Er, a cool name. Or both, I mean.."
    Literally Hayden is the worst at trying to make conversation. Normally, he would get into the conversation, say the right things..and then screw it up. He's just pretty bad at talking and it's annoying after a while.  
    Play lacrosse? Go for it.
    Sing a cute litte song? Hayden can do that with ease.
    But talking isn't his forte. Talking to girls is worse. I mean, they're so...scary.
    The worse thing for Hayden was that he found the girl the tiniest bit attractive. That's not odd, right?  First impressions he guessed. The son of Zelos continued to justify his thoughts as he adverted his eyes to a discarded telescope. If he could hide in his scarf, that would be great. It is pretty comfy.  

ooc// sorry for the late reply!! I've had tech week all week and had like no time to post :((
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/26/2014, 10:57 am

"Thank you," she replied, giving him a confused look. He had some mix between dark and light brown eyes, and light brown slightly-messy hair that made him look effortless. She guessed it was a bit attractive, and if she really cared, she would've been stumbling over herself to get him. Dating was stupid, though.

After waiting for an introduction, she decided that the poor creature needed some help when it came to communication. "And your name is...?" she prompted.

OOC: Its fine. I just got back from Argentina yesterday. :)

Post by Guest 7/26/2014, 10:43 pm

Observing The World From a Single Lense.(Private) 2d8s2h1

"Oh!"
    Hayden smiled a crooked smile, "I'm Hayden Jennings." He was fairly certain he said something about his name earlier, but he shrugged it off. Plus now he had said his last name. It's more formal that way.
    Hayden looked around the observatory, which by the looks of it no one has been in here for weeks. Everything was so dusty. It was pretty gross, to be honest. Which is why it was curios to the son of Zelos on why Ari was here.  No one in their right mind would want to be here by  choice right?
    "Why are you here. I mean, not to be rude, but like the observatory is not the hot spot for teenage hangouts."
    Hayden let out a small laugh. But it was true. If anyone wanted to hang out and have a good time, the observatory was not the best place to hold those events. What would you do here? Compare star maps?
    Sounds exciting.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/26/2014, 11:49 pm

"I'm not usually the type of person to be around the 'teenage hangouts'," She replied, looking down at her feet. The henna she had placed on her feet recently was still visible, as well as the plant-based marking on her hands. "I'm actually quite surprised that someone else is here," Ari's strong Indian accent blurred the words together a bit, though she spoke so quietly.

"I'm sorry if I was a bit rude earlier," She said, looking to a large hole in the wall behind Hayden. "I'm just not in a very good mood today," She lied straight through her teeth, but fake apologies were something she was used to by now. Yes, maybe in the deep pit of her unemotional heart, there was an ounce of shame for acting that way, but she never paid attention to that part of herself.

Post by Guest 7/28/2014, 11:32 pm

Observing The World From a Single Lense.(Private) 20kt4s5

"I mean, this is a pretty nice place to avoid people. All, quiet and dusty and stuff." The Australian boy smiled a little, now crossing his feet.
    Looking back up at Ari, he had noticed she apologized. If anyone needed to apologize it would've been himself. The swivel chair can be annoying sometimes. Or all the time.
    "Do you want to talk about it...your bad mood?"

Hayden assumed that people liked talking about bad moods and things in that nature. Or just talking, really. Hayden had on one of those tiny smiles that could either look pretty cocky, or like a little puppy, however you want to take it. He was trying to be nice, but he has the social mannerisms of a five year old so he wasn't really sure how she would react.
    He hoped for the best.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/28/2014, 11:51 pm

Wow. Ari must've been seriously tired or something. I mean, she actually considered telling him about her homesickness. This is Ari. I mean, dang. This is something historical.

No, seriously. Like, this girl is cold. I was pretty sure her heart was frozen, up until now. I don't know, but I think I see a small twinge of light peeking through that thick layer around her deeply unempathetic, harsh, cruel soul.

"I'm just a bit homesick. I'm not used to staying in one place for so long," She replied.

No snarky comment? No exaggerated sigh and a sudden leaving of the area? Ari, baby, you gotta give me something here.

"You probably wouldn't understand. I mean, most people don't," She added, brushing her hair over her right shoulder and playing with it. She stared out of an old window to her left, watching the clouds move across the sky.

Post by Guest 7/29/2014, 12:22 am

Observing The World From a Single Lense.(Private) 2nm3pf4

Hayden nodded slowly; he totally understood. Hayden is separated from his mother all year round. To be honest, he wasn't even sure if she was still living in Australia, oh whatever.
    "I get it. My family's across the world, but it's ok I guess. Have you tried writing?"
    Yeah sure, writing solves everything right? Take it from Hayden Jennings who never writes his own mother. And he's supposed to be the good child the mother favorites.
    Hayden began to pick at his lower lip, one of his many nervous ticks. What if he said something wrong. He could've said some trigger word that would have her start bawling. A-And Hayden doesn't know how to deal with crying girls. Sure, he has a sister but that doesn't stop him from avoiding her when she cries.
    Literally Hayden please stop thinking. Enjoy yourself, you're making a friend, friends are great.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/29/2014, 12:35 am

Oh, gods, Ari, please break down and cry. That would be such a big step in your character development. Oh, please! There's so many directions I could take advantage of if you have an emotional breakdo-

"Yes. But you see, its not exactly like that," She replied, taking a deep breath. In a way, 3/4 of her was away from the entire world, alone with no one but herself and Mukta, riding away from a family who didn't want her.

That night had been so cold...

She got like this surprisingly more than some would think. She could talk and talk and never realize what she was saying, despite the fact that within minutes she would be back to her usual stone-cold, only-talk-when-its-needed self.

"My mother's the traveling type, you see. She's what some would call a gypsy. And not like the stupid TV show gypsy wedding thing. She travels all over India in a wagon with two horses. She also reads people's fortunes, asks a high price, and gives them nothing but lies in return. Besides, I'd doubt she'd want to hear from me," She said, continuing to stare out the window.

"Wait, you said your family was halfway across the world. Was that just an exaggeration?" She said, coming a bit out of her zoned-out space, but not completely. She had certain trigger words in conversations, things that she made sure to listen to. "World" was one of those words.

OOC: Long post, no pressure or anything xD

Post by Guest 8/4/2014, 9:17 pm

"Oh," he said quietly. Hayden was trying his best to imagine Ari's mother. He would think that she would look very similar to her daughter. He had never seen a gypsy before, if you don't count the animated gypsy Esmeralda. He had no insight to what she was saying, he was no help.
    The son of Zelos found himself staring at Ari when she had asked him a question.
    "I mean I wasn't very good at geography, but I think so. I'm uh, from Australia. My mom and sister live there. I get to visit them a few times, but it's really expensive, y'know."
    Does he miss his family, oh yeah, tons. But he's not going to sit in the middle of camp and play his guitar and ask for money. It seems like something he would do actually, never mind.  The teenager tried to smile, but it ended up looking pretty awkward.  He had heard that smiles are contagious, and it looks like Ari really needed a smile. Hayden really didn't have the same, mother abandoning experiences that she had, but he understood how that life changing that can be.
    "I-I'm sorry." Hayden apologized. He seems to always apologize for things, some sort of habit for him. Which was a pretty weird habit.
    Hayden Jennings found himself staring at her again, he quickly changed his glance, intertwining his fingers together. Gods Hayden. I mean, if he was going for the weirdest  kid award he would surely win it. Who stares at a girl twice in less than five minutes. Apparently people like Hayden does.

Last edited by Jo on 8/4/2014, 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/4/2014, 9:44 pm

"Australia?" She said, recognizing the name and almost immediately making the connection. "I've never been. It must be nice,"

Ari was confused at his apology. No one had ever apologized to her before. Seriously. All her mother had ever done was slap her wrist and blame it on her. It was odd, having someone take something onto their own shoulders for her sake.

Aww, poor Ari. So confused in this American culture. You know, now would be a great time for the emotional breakdown.

"Why would you apologize? You haven't done anything," She said, her eyebrows furrowing in curiosity. She looked at his eyes, at first looking in them to try to find some type of hint towards his reason for saying what he did, and her gaze staying there as she realized their color. They were a partially-light partially-dark brown, much like the ones she saw all the time in India. She hadn't seen that eye color in a while, though she would place a bet that a lot of people had it. It kind of reminded her of home.

She looked away quickly, hoping he hadn't caught her staring.

Ooc: Sorry about the coloring. On my tablet ATM.

Post by Guest 8/4/2014, 10:35 pm

"It's really nice, I used to live like an hour from the Eureka Tower, it was awesome." Hayden grinned, looking down at his legs.  He missed home, that was apparent. But he liked it at camp as well. People were nice here, and friendly too.
    His smile had faded, and his eyebrows knitted together.
    "I know, it's just...a habit." He said sheepishly. Hayden bit his lip. He could've explained the whole thing,but he's not sure how to explain it exactly. Or maybe he's just a little too wimpy to explain it to her. The second one is probably the most accurate example.
    Except now, for some reason, Hayden didn't want the second option.
    "I.." he said slowly, trying to choose the right words for this, "you see, it's kind of an empathy thing. Like, I can't make it up to you for your mother, and I can't do anything in my power to change it. But, I understand your sorrow, I guess is what I'm trying to say." Towards the end of his rambling, Hayden did notice the end of Ari's staring. His cheeks felt warmer, but he didn't take mind to it. He was more preoccupied with his little speech thing. Hayden was pretty proud of it, he normally doesn't say anything remotely smart when he's rambling. But this, this was gold. High fives for you, Hayden.

Last edited by Jo on 8/4/2014, 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/4/2014, 10:45 pm

"Oh," She said, looking down at the floor, taking this new information in. "Well then, I'm sorry about you being so far away from your home," she said, and for the first time in a while, truly meaning something she said. She could completely understand what he was talking about.

Hold up. Do my eyes deceive me? Is this really what I think it is? Is the cold, stone-hearted Ari Yates actually showing emotions along the lines of... compassion? Oh, the character development! The ways I could advance her plotline!

Ari gave the boy a rare-and I mean rare- smile, before trying to find some way to keep the conversation going. "So, how are you liking camp? I mean, how long have you been here?" She asked, the curious glint to her eyes that was always present brightening a bit.

Who are you? Its like I don't even know you any more.

Post by Guest 8/4/2014, 11:23 pm

Hayden laughed, "Thank you." The son of Zelos ran his hand through his brown locks, still grinning. Hayden changed his position, now sitting straighter, the boy was looking at Ari head on, as opposed to his view with his horrible posture. You would think his posture would be semi decent on the account of he was in band class for a few years. His teacher was insane, posture was his passion.

Hayden's grin widened when Ari talked about camp. "Camp is great! I-I mean, this whole country, it's amazing. They call Macca's McDonald's. The toilet water spins the wrong way, and that's pretty weird, but still."
    Hayden always found America so interesting. They're just...so weird. And they get so hyped for the fourth of July, one of Hayden's friends hate the government and he was pretty patriotic that day. He's been here for four three years and the people have not failed to amaze him.
    "Have you been here long?"
    Have you been here long? Gods Hayden, how about you just go and tell Ari about changing the strings on your guitar.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/5/2014, 9:17 am

Ari was still unimpressed by the greasy, overpraised culture of America, but she had to admit, some things were pretty cool. Like the constantly-changing fashion and the very smart way of keeping people out of the roads, which was practically nonexistent in India. As far as anyone was concerned, the roads were for pedestrians, and cars just had to find a way through.

"I'm still a bit unimpressed. Then again, I haven't really experienced much since I arrived," She admitted with a small shrug.

I just...I quit, okay? You know what, I'm done. I'm packing up the writing stuff, and I'm out of here. This is just...

"I think its been three years or so," She answered, looking up at the ceiling as she counted. "Three or four."

Post by Guest 8/7/2014, 9:21 pm

Hayden shrugged, taking in a huge breath. Hayden didn't know what his feelings about America were, he just really enjoyed looking at the Americans. People watching, that's what his sister would call it. Except, the difference between Hayden's people watching and Hadley's people watching is that Hayden doesn't make snide remarks about the people walking. He just..observes. The teen is the silent observer;that could be a really good super hero name.

Hayden smiled, looking back up at Ari, "We were new at the same time. I went to an orientation...it-it wasn’t an orientation.” Hayden grinned a goofy smile,  “It was more of, pick on the unclaimed kid in the Hermes cabin. Those kids are ruthless...” He trailed off, finding himself staring again.
    Why does he always have to stare. It’s not like he’s never seen a girl before. He lives with two women at his home. And the other gods cabin is pretty full of the female gender. It’s actually pretty scary. But, not to sound totally creepy or anything, but he...liked looking at her.
    Okay, wait, backtrack. Hayden Jennings does not like looking at a girl. He likes looking at guitars and those sheet music that looks totally complicated but in reality it is super easy to play and he laughs when people look at the sheet music while he playing it(it’s a magical feeling) But girls, girls are...well, they’re something. Hayden doesn’t really know what.
    There he goes again. Hayden Jennings keeps on staring. He needed to stop. How about he just stares at the telescope, close to Ari’s head...and now he’s looking at her face again. Dammit Hayden.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/12/2014, 4:52 pm

Ari reflected at her time with the unclaimed kids. She'd made sure from the very start that no one was to talk to her unless she acknowledged them. Gods, even at her preteen years she'd had a bit of a don't-mess-with-me attitude.

Ari noticed him looking, and ducked her head down so she couldn't see how nervous it made her. It actually took her a few seconds to realize that that was what it was-- she hadn't been nervous in a long time. But, gods, her stomach was galloping away from her.

She moved her hair from her eyes, cleared her throat, and slowly straightened back up. "I'm sorry if I missed this, but did you ever mention your god parent?" She asked, the thought coming to mind at the mention of the unclaimed.

Post by Guest 8/30/2014, 2:46 pm

"Oh, um yeah. I haven't mentioned that." Hayden crinkled his nose, his god-father was a sore subject. He hated what he stood for; competition and junk like that. He hated competition because competition brings out the worst in people.
    "My dad's Zelos, god of competition and stuff."  Hayden sighed, "Which obviously I am a total carbon copy of him." Hayden is so sassy. No, I'm lying. Hayden Jennings tries extremely hard to be nothing like his father. He played lacrosse for a while, but that was the only competition he allowed himself to do, and it got pretty competitive.  He hasn't played it in a while , which is pretty good for him. Hayden likes to stay calm and nice and he likes to sleep and avoid competition. And it works pretty well most of the time.

"What about you?"
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/30/2014, 3:47 pm

"I'm a Hecate child. I'm not exactly very happy about it, either. She's...quite insane, in some ways, but in others, she's extremely wise," She explained, her eyebrows creasing as she considered the question.

"Really? You don't seem very...competitive. Which, in my opinion, is a good thing. Most people here tend to let their parent's personalities be the thing that defines them. The Underworld kids are depressed, the Ares kids are tough, and the Dionysus kids love to party with the Aphrodite cabin. It's refreshing seeing someone act as an individual instead of a definition."

Ari, snap out of it girl. This is so not you. Like, seriously. Listen to me. I am your master. Punch this guy. This wasn't supposed to happen. Oh, gods, please just make some smart yet insulting comment and get the hell out of there. Ari, do as I say, or by the gods, I will-

"Then again, I'm not exactly one to talk. I mean, I guess it depends on the person who raised you. Had I been raised somewhere else, with someone else, I know that I wouldn't even recognize myself," She said, stopping herself before she could continue droning on.

Dammit, Ari, do you know how long its going to take for me to edit your plotline? Think of the effects this might have on your perfectly constructed future! We haven't got room for love, or boys, or anything else! Get your head in the fricking game!

Post by Guest 8/30/2014, 11:32 pm

Hayden nodded, "Yeah, I get it. I mean sometimes it's nice so you can easily tell god parent's. But I mean, like you can't judge people on that, because that'd be weird." He laughed awkwardly.
    "I mean, you don't...look like a child of Hecate. Which like, is not bad. Unless that is bad. I mean you called her insane and you don't look insane. You look nice, which is nice." Damn Hayden, great moves. If there weren't godly parent stereotypes Hayden would have a hard time
    finding all the cabins. Like, he would pop into the Aphrodite cabin every day  if it wasn't so glittery and shiny.
    Ari's comment made him think a little more than usual. Would he be different if it wasn't his mother that raised him. Maybe Hayden would be the more fun twin instead of Hadley. Not that Hayden's not fun. Hayden is a riot.
    When it's just him.
    Alone.
    Playing with his guitar.
    Ugh Hayden has no fun, who is he kidding.
    ooc-short
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 8/31/2014, 12:04 am

OOC: Not your fault, I really just gave you nothing but a ton of dialogue to work with.

BIC:

Ari nodded, a laugh ringing softly like bells escaping her as she noticed his semi-adorable awkwardness. I mean, as far as I can tell, it wasn't that adorable, but I guess my opinion doesn't matter anymore. I mean, hell, you don't need me. Just go off and become a clown or something. Not like I'm your creator or anything.

"I didn't know that children of Hecate had a certain look. Unless you mean pale white, with black hair, green eyes, and sort of completely-opposite-of-me." She said, and a smile naturally fell over her face. Oh, gods, is it just me, or do I hear a hint of a flirtatious tone in her voice? I mean, its not much, but...maybe I just imagined it. I mean, this is Ari. Ari isn't affected by teenage hormones. She's too...Ari. Oh, gods. What even happened here?

"So, you're from Australia. Have you been anywhere else?" She asked, tracing the henna on her arms with her fingers as her eyes followed the design.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 10:27 am