A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

You Got A Friend In Me

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

You Got A Friend In Me  Empty You Got A Friend In Me

Post by beanie 7/31/2014, 8:23 am

"Don't worry your all of me.

OOC: ignore the title, I was just watching that with the fam.
    BIC:It was hot today. Okay, Veronica has had hotter but it was down right scorching today!
    And what's bad about that was that she was tending the grape vines in the fields today with the Demeter cabin. It was supposed to be nice and cool today but Apollo thought differently. Veronica had actuall brought a sweatshirt in case it would rain but there wasn't a cloud in the sky so it was pretty much useless at the moment. All she had on was a tan shirt with the logo of the Big Bang on it (she loved that show), light denim shorts, green and blue running sneakers, and fake hipster glasses (she wasn't going to admit it but they helped her see a little). Her hair was tied in a braid hanging off her shoulder, trying to get the sweat off her neck.
    Everyone around her had partners helping each other but her partner wasn't here, so she was picking the grapes off and dropping them in the basket by herself. She was fine but Ronnie was getting a little lonely. Oh well, these grapes aren't going to pick themselves.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

You Got A Friend In Me  Empty Re: You Got A Friend In Me

Post by Morgan Landry 8/1/2014, 1:30 pm

Picking strawberries was among the chores Jana Kay loved the most -- probably because she was the daughter of the harvest goddess. It was with cheerfulness and enthusiasm that she picked her basket at the entrance to the fields and went to take a spot, kneeling between the green leaves.

"Oh look at you, aren't you cute?" she chuckled, taking a tiny strawberry in between her fingertips. She liked acting like that sometimes, to relieve the stress. Jana let her power flow through her finger a bit, feeling it course through her veins like warm pine needles until it arrived at her fingertips. The strawberry in her hand started to swell, becoming darker shades of red until it filled her hand, ripe and heavy. Jana Kay took it, separated it from her stem and put it into her basket. Some meters away stood a girl, picking grapes.

"Hi Ronnie!" Jana Kay waved with a big smile, recognizing her as Veronica, from the Iris cabin.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/1/2014, 5:23 pm

"Hi Ronnie!" A super cheery voice startled her, causing her to jump slightly. Turning her head to the source of the voice, Ronnie saw a blonde girl around her age. She instantly recognized her as Jana Kay from the Demeter cabin. She's really nice but Veronica's too shy to talk to her. A shy smile gracing her lips, Ronnie half waved at the girl.

"H-Hi Jana Kay." She said before looking back at her grape vine. Picking and dropping, she repeated the same pattern from before, her basket filling up with grapes.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/2/2014, 8:47 am

Jana Kay filled her first basket happily, then brought it to the satyr overlooking the operation, Hollis. He was a kind guy, with orange hair in a ponytail and skin showered in freckles, always up for organizing games and pranking some of the demigods.

She then took a basket for the grapes and went to help Ronnie, cutting the stems of the grapes neatly before putting it in her basket.

"This is so fun!" she told Ronnie with a huge smile.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/2/2014, 9:38 am

Hollis was going around, collecting the baskets of berries that everyone was gathering. Veronica handed her share of the grapes to the saytr, a shy smile as he gave her a kind one. He was one of the saytrs that she didn't mind, most of the ones she knew were too bossy to her.
    Someone had plopped themselves by Veronica and when she turned her head to the side, Ronnie saw Jana Kay. Oh, she's very nice. With a shy smile, Ronnie started to pick the grapes, handing them to Jana Kay after.

"Thanks for the help." Ronnie said shyly. She wasn't sure what she should say after, Jana Kay seemed nice but she didn't know her that well.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/3/2014, 6:25 pm

"Haha, anytime, darling," Jana Kay laughed. "Harvest is my speciality," she added with a purposefully thick Scottish accent. She loved doing accents, and got most of the British ones right, but the Scottish one she did perfectly -- after all, she was from Scotland.

She picked a two other grapes and dropped them in her basket, a huge grin on her face as she playfully stuck one of the huge vine leaves in her hair.

"Ah, I'm a bit tired," she said, suppressing a yawn. "Guess the Amphitheater session was a bit long yesterday," Demeter's daughter laughed.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/4/2014, 6:19 am

"Haha, anytime, darling," Veronica laughed with Jana Kay at that, liking the Scottish accent she was using. She's always enjoyed accents, granted she didn't have one, but they were always fun to hear. Jana Kay's Scottish one sounded delightful.
    She picked a couple more, dropping them in the basket. At this pace, and with the help of Jana Kay, she might be able to get 5 baskets done. Veronica eventually heard Jana Kay talking about the Amphitheater session she had earlier.

"It must've been exhausting." The red head commented, finally noticing the vine leaf that Jana snuck into her hair. She did her best not to smile at that though she was probably smiling right now.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/4/2014, 9:55 am

"Oh, you weren't there?" Jana Kay asked. The summer session had started last week, but campers kept arriving every day. Jana Kay had come here about twelve days ago, one week after the end of school to hang out and relax with her family.

OOC: Sorry sorry sorry for the short post.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/4/2014, 12:55 pm

OOC:it's kay, mines short as well
    BIC:"N-No." Veronica stuttered, looking up at Jana before looking back at her work. So far, she's been running around reading and doing lessons. Plus, group activities weren't really her thing, too many people made her feel uncomfortable.

"W-What is it like?" She asked.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/5/2014, 12:39 pm

"Oh, we just sing and roast marshmallows. It's really awesome!!"

She laughed, picking some more grapes and blowing streaks out of her face.

"Some songs would seem a bit weird if I sang them now, but in the dark, with everybody participating, it's really fun. Why don't you come around?"
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/5/2014, 3:30 pm

"Why don't you come around?" Veronica knew the answer to that. She was very shy and being around people made her all flustered so that wouldn't be the best decision. But maybe if she went with Jana, it might be better.

"M-Maybe. When do you go?" She asked, picking more grapes. The basket was filling up a lot.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/3/2014, 5:04 am

OOC: Finally able to post! Sorry for the long wait :O

BIC: "Well, it's usually every evening," Jana Kay said with a light chuckle.

She went to bring the full (heavy!) basket to the satyrs, who were loading them on a kind of chariot, then came back with an empty basket and resumed picking the grapes. She sometimes plucked a bit from them to eat -- the Pinot Noir grapes were simply too delicious.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/3/2014, 4:06 pm

[/url]
    pour me out
    Standing with the Wallflowers

Evenings? Veronica was sure that she was free. She was pretty much free all the time, never really enjoyed doing things, mostly because she never asked. But if she went with Jana Kay, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad.
    When Veronica was about to say yes, Jana left to go take care of her basket. Ronnie sighed, picking more and more berries, occasionally plopping some in her mouth. She couldn't help it, they were so yummy.

"Oh." She finally realized that Jana was back. "I'll go. Maybe." It was a start.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 11:50 am