A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Up a creek

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Up a creek  - Page 3 Empty Re: Up a creek

Post by beanie 8/15/2014, 4:22 pm

I'D LIKE TO BE EVERYTHING YOU DON'T WANT

The walk from the climbing wall to the mess hall wasn't long but Carmen was growing hungrier with each passing second. When they finally arrived, Carmen wanted to go sit away from the two but she chose not to, plopping in front of Taylor. Her cup was filled with Red Bull and her plate had tacos on it. Carmen dug right in, taking a big bite.

"Me neither." She tried to say with a mouthful of food.

OOC: perhaps a new topic

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/15/2014, 4:54 pm

The walk may have not been too long, but Emily however disliked the trek mostly because her leg still throbbed painfully. She passed her left crutch over to her right, carefully sitting down on Taylor's right. Emily propped both of her crutches against the edge of the table, on her right hand side so to be out of Taylor's way.
    For her own cup she filled with orange juice, her plate a pair of small sandwiches which held ham, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and a few pieces of green pepper.

She wasn't that hungry, a nice light snack would suit her nicely. She could not help but smile as both Taylor and Carmen dived straight into their meals. After all, they where hungry.
    Taking a sip of her drink, she put her cup down carefully before picking up a sandwich, taking a small bite out of it. Emily enjoyed the Mess Hall when she went their off peak times, with it mostly empty it felt so much bigger, it was quieter and also much nicer, in her opinion.
    She took another bite, keeping silent while she ate.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1363
    Registration date : 2013-01-15

Post by Ryger17 8/17/2014, 10:16 pm

Taylor already went through his burger and 2 glasses of Powerade. A large basket of fries now appeared in front of him. Taylor usually forgot that you had to donate a portion of your food to the gods. It's not like he wasn't appreciative or anything, he just got hungry. He grabbed a group of his best looking fries (it was a little hard to tell) and threw them in the fire for the gods.

"For the gods," He announced, then returned to his fries. He was not much of a talker when it came to eating. Scarf it down, then talk. He poured some more salt on his fries.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/18/2014, 11:32 am

No one was talking, not that Carmen was bothered by that. She was far too busy finishing her empanada. Emily hadn't talked either, just eating like a little mouse. Taylor had went to offer something to the gods before sitting down and eating even more.

"Thats a lot of food." Carmen muttered, sipping her drink. She would offer something to her father but then again, no. He was kind've the reason her mother hated her.

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/18/2014, 2:07 pm

Emily threw what appeared to be the best bit of sandwich in offering to the Gods. The ritual of offering the food to the Gods felt important to her yet... She wondered exactly if the Gods bothered with the food they shared or even why they needed it. After all they where Gods, why would they be bothered by mortal foods such a burgers, ribs, sandwiches or cakes?
    There probably was some infallible reason behind it, Emily never dared to ask why in case she offended one of the Gods by inquiring down such lines. Not that she ate much anyway so it wouldn't matter any way if she had to share a portion of her meal with one of the Gods.
    She remained silent, still eating, not wolfing down her food like her companions, Emily had barely started the second sandwich.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 8/19/2014, 12:36 am

Taylor finished his fries, before answering Carmen. It only took him a couple of seconds. "When you are as big as I am, your body requires a lot of food." A second serving of burgers and fries appeared on his plate. "And I mean a lot." He grinned then took a bite of a fry.

Emily wasn't eating much, then again she wasn't as enthusiastic as Taylor and Carmen were at the mention of food. Taylor quickly devoured his second helping. As he always had, a chocolate protein milkshake filled his glass. He still wasn't full but he could hold until dinner. He leaned back propping his feet up on the table. He slurped his shake.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/19/2014, 8:28 am

So far, Emily hasn't spoken a single word and Taylor was just eating like crazy. Carmen was done eating, she finished her meal. Taylor was actually only a couple of inches taller than her but you don't see her eating like a pig. Carmen raised an eyebrow as Taylor's feet became to close to her face. She scowled, moving his feet away.

"Feet. Off. Table." She said in a low tone.

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/19/2014, 1:24 pm

Emily finally finished her other sandwich before drinking the rest of her orange juice. She was full, unlike Taylor who seemed to possess the appetite of a small army.
    "Maybe you should eat more filling foods instead?" She suggested since it might mean he would need to eat less. Emily disliked what Carmen said to Taylor about his feet being on the table, but only because it reminded her too much of home, a place Emily wished to forget instead.

She looked away hoping to hide her pained expression, after a few seconds she recovered her composure and rejoined the conversation. "So..." Emily began, searching for a question in which to ask. "Do you two both live here all year round or do you just come here for the summer?" A fair question in all honesty, some Campers stayed all year round where as others returned back to the real world once summer ended.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 8/19/2014, 3:33 pm

Carmen just shoved Taylor's feet off the table. So much for comfortably drinking his shake. He put his hands up in mock surrender, "Alright, princess, I will keep my feet off the table." He still grinned at her though. He turned his head towards Emily. [color=lightblue"I guess the food I like isn't really filling. Just good."[/color]

"I'm a year-rounder but I go to a nearby school in the winter to play ball." Taylor replied. Something seemed to be bothering Emily. Taylor didn't know if he should ask her or not.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/23/2014, 12:56 pm

Carmen raised an eyebrow. Princess? No one calls her princess, ever. She reached over, smacking the back of his head while he was talking to Emily. Hard.
    "Don't call me princess." She muttered, turning to Emily. Honestly, she thought that Emily wasn't here since she was being so quiet.

"Year-rounder. I'm not going back to my mom's." She said.
    OOC: i actually thought i had relied but i didn't. sorry.

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/23/2014, 1:24 pm

OOC: Hey that is fine.

Emily listened half heartedly to his reply only to have her attention brought back to the conversation when Carmen struck Taylor in the back of his head with some force.
    "Ouch..." Emily muttered before saying. "I am a year rounder... Because of my leg" It left her far to vulnerable when she left the camp, no fancy moves or powerful attacks to fight off or avoid the monsters.
    Emily did not have much choice other than to remain here, her home wasn't exactly a place she could return to... Not that she liked to think of that place as her home, the camp in her eyes happened to be her real home. She however did not intend to reveal such information to them, such matters where private and the others did not need to know it.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 8/25/2014, 6:17 pm

Carmen got a good smack on the back of Taylor's head. It stung a little. "Alright, I won't call you Princess. How about Miss Sunshine or Happy Pants?" He reached for his shake and his hand grabbed air. Looking down, he saw it had spilled on the ground. He frowned. Looking at Carmen, he made a sad face, "You spilled my very excellent shake, Princess."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/25/2014, 7:53 pm

The more "sweet" names Taylor kept calling her, the more carmen wanted to chuck him across the room. It was getting very annoying and he actually found this funny. She glared at him, biting her lip so she didn't growl at him though she wanted to very bad. What pushed her over the edge when he called her princess again with that sad face. Oh boo hoo.
    Reaching across the table again, Carmen grapes a fistful of his shirt, bringing him closer. She was mad.

"Call me Princess again. I dare you." This is why she doesn't like people.

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/26/2014, 12:31 pm

Emily struggled not to laugh when Carmen struck Taylor in the back of the head again for calling her princess once more. She choked down the laugh and just smiled at them,  Emily made a mental note to never call Carmen princess... Somehow the thought of being shot in the head displeased her.
    "Okay now moving onto another topic..." Emily began, hoping to avoid having Taylor being hit in the head again by Taylor who she guessed was becoming rapidly annoyed with him.
    "Either of you two seen The Longest day?" She inquired.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 8/27/2014, 12:17 pm

Taylor whole goal was to get a rise out of Carmen. His plan work a little too well. She reached across, grabbed his shirt, and then threatened him. The tone of her voice said she was flat out pissed. Taylor did the only thing he thought was a good idea. He grinned at her. Pushing her hand off of him, he sat back down. He grabbed another glass, filled with a strawberry shake, and began to drink.

"Maybe some other time," He said between sips. Answering Emily, "I don't think I have. What's it about?"

Last edited by Ryger17 on 8/27/2014, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/27/2014, 4:01 pm

Whatever positive thoughts Carmen was having about Taylor were diminishing with every passing second. He just kept pissing her off with that smile. Emily, on the other hand, was actually trying to change the subject. Carmen gave her points for that. But Carmen never heard of whatever she was talking about.

"What's that?" Proves her point. "Is it a movie or something?"

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 8/27/2014, 4:11 pm

"Yes it is a movie" She explained to them. "A war film about Operation Overlord it is pretty good" Emily remembered watching it with her step father, he had insisted on her watching it. The Longest Day had been one of his favourite films.
    Hopefully the switching of the topic would prevent Carmen from killing Taylor, since she seemed very close to actually doing.
    She smiled nervously at them both.

Last edited by Lindsey Callaghan on 8/28/2014, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 8/28/2014, 12:18 pm

Taylor shook his nearly empty shake. "Operation Overlord." He took another sip. "That's D-Day right? Normandy and such." History was never his strong point. Neither were movies. He never really had time to watch movies. Or really the want to. He would rather read or, as always, play basketball.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/1/2014, 11:43 am

Carmen was lost and confused, mostly confused. The most she was ever confused was when she had that boring history tutor come. History isn't really her strong point, neither was socializing. But this was even more confusing and she didn't like it.

"No offense but it doesn't sound interesting." She was being honest.

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 9/1/2014, 2:35 pm

Emily nodded to Taylor but blinked the once at Carmen as if she thought about saying something in response to her rather dismissive comment. But you could never change someone's opinion, it was their belief after all and Emily neither wished to try to change Carmen's opinion not enter an argument about it.
    It was always far better to just move on and forget such matters.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/2/2014, 10:57 am

After Taylor's little meal, an ice cream sundae appeared. Vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate syrup, crushed up Oreo cookies and whipped cream. A bright red Maraschino cherry sat on top. Yummy. He began to eat. It was as delicious as it look.

Carmen had kind of just shut down that conversation. It didn't seem like she found much to be interesting. Emily looked a little like she had been slapped when Carmen said she didn't care. He felt some sympathy for her, trying to start conversations only to have them shut down.

Taylor pointed his spoon at Carmen, "So what are you interested in?" He was o-so tempted to add princess there but he held off. He didn't want to make a scene.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/2/2014, 11:47 am

The conversation ended as soon as Carmen finished speaking. Emily looked like she just ate sour candy and just got slapped in the face. Carmen didn't really mean to be mean but she was being honest. This happens a lot, which is one of the reasons why she doesn't have that many friends but go figure.
    Her meal had vanished and was replaced by a plate with a slice of chocolate cake. Carmen loved chocolate. Chocolate was life. She was about to eat a slice when Taylor spoke and she was almost tempted to smack him, though she didn't cause he didn't say princess like she predicted.

"Photography and computer editing. And the occasional horror movie." She said simply, not making eye contact. "What about you two?"

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 9/2/2014, 12:29 pm

Emily shrugged before saying. "Oh you know this and that". She didn't really answer the question. She shuffled uncomfortably her leg throbbing painfully, though fortunately less than earlier. Emily happened to be glad that she was sitting down, even if the conversation became little awkward.
    Emily had few friends, mostly because she seemed reluctant to speak up especially if someone was dismissive of what she had to say.

Emily's drink became refilled with a diet coke, she took a small sip of it, staying quiet.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/3/2014, 12:14 pm

Taylor hadn't actually meant for Carmen to answer his question. His sarcasm game must be off. Maybe he should of thrown in princess. She didn't seem like the person who liked to take pictures. The horror movies were understandable. She was kind of scary herself. Emily said something that meant nothing. It wasn't answering his attempted sarcastic question. Eh, maybe she'll loosen up.

"I'm pretty sure it's obvious what I like. Food, sports, and girls." He counted each one off on fingers.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/3/2014, 4:25 pm

Emily was starting to sound boring but she wasn't going to judge. If she had a bum leg, then she wouldn't do anything either. But she could predict Taylor's hobbies, he practically screamed jock material. Carmen almost laughed.

"I should've guessed." She said, taking another slice of her cake.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 9:35 am