A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Paint me like one of your French girls

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1571
    Registration date : 2013-06-28

Paint me like one of your French girls  - Page 2 Empty Re: Paint me like one of your French girls

Post by Marceline 10/31/2014, 4:18 am

Matt thought about her answer. He would've thought that she would've gone to see her family. He knew if his family were still alive he would visit them. Maybe he would've never changed too, he might've been friendlier and be the type of guy that Matt made fun of. He sighed quietly.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Paint me like one of your French girls  - Page 2 Empty Re: Paint me like one of your French girls

Post by Kendall 10/31/2014, 6:17 pm

The demigod, in the midst of that awkward silence, stepped back to get a better look of her painting and see if it made any sense like that: there were the two stick figures with their awkwardly shaped heads, the sea of squiggly lines, the door.... And she'd forgotten to start the Titanic, that's right.

Dipping her fingers into the paint water and rubbing them together, Avie glanced over at her assortment of paint globs on the palette. She maybe needed to use white for the iceberg, but then again, white on a white canvas definitely didn't seem like a great idea: it was like using white crayon or colored pencil. Wiping her fingers off on a paper towel, she dipped her finger into the black paint and began to slowly trace out what the ship would look like: it was small to signify distance, and probably would end up looking like a sailboat very soon.

"So," she began again, nonchalantly, "what're you doing on that paper there?"
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 11/5/2014, 4:39 am

"Oh, nothing" he said in reply. He grabbed his paper and scrunched it up. He looked for a bin. He spotted it over in the corner of the room a fee meters from where he sat. He wondered if he could get it in from here. He aimed and threw the paper ball he held in his hand. It just missed and bounced off the rim, landing a few centimeters away from the bin. Dang... He scanned around near him for another scrap paper. He discovered one on a nearby table and grabbed it. He scrunched it up and repeated what he done before. He missed. I must have really bad aim... he them real used why he sucked at archery, not that he ever tried, he just felt like he wouldn't be. And it was true. And that stung a bit.

"Isn't it boring for you? Just doing nothing in this silence?" he asked her. He knew he couldn't be able to go on without becoming annoying because he was bored. He needed to get out but he didn't want to go yet. It seemed too early.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/5/2014, 8:44 pm

At the sound of paper bouncing off the floor -- a light sort of sound, like rustling leaves in a light breeze -- Avie turned her head slightly, only to see two bunched-up balls of paper by the trash can. Well, they certainly hadn't been there before, and she certainly couldn't put two and two together at this point.

"I'm doing something -- I'm painting. Maybe you should too; there's plenty of paint around and you seem a little too bored over there." She turned back to her painting, dipping a finger into her black paint to start on the Titanic in the background. It would be maybe an inch and a half wide at most, in two parts: one still stuck in the iceberg, the other sinking rapidly into the sea. It looked glorious in Avie's head, but she knew it would probably look like a giant pile of poop when she actually painted it. Oh well. So it goes.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 11/5/2014, 10:59 pm

Matt raised one of his eyebrows at her. "What, and paint a horrible titanic boat like you?" he had meant as a small joke but a small part of him figured she wouldn't find it a joke.
    He made another paper ball and threw it, actually getting it in the bin this time.
    ooc: sorry it's short
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/8/2014, 7:30 pm

[ooc: It's fine.]

"Of course -- unless boats aren't your thing. I'm not judging you. It's fun, anyway; I haven't painted like this since kindergarten." If Avie had been any less sarcastic and flippant, she might have found that a bit offensive -- but she had been told worse before, so she let it go. Matt didn't sound like he meant it to be mean, anyway.

Already, the Titanic looked like a misshapen lump of black in the sea; its sides were a bit too curved and the bottom was a little too straight. It almost looked like it was upside down, in a way. Cringing inwardly, she sighed and finished it with a zig-zag line at its front end to signify it had broken in half.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 11/11/2014, 3:27 am

Matt ignored the words that came from her mouth though the thought still hung in his mind as the paper balls continued to fly across the room. He thought about what he could paint if he did do a painting. He hasn't done a painting since.. Well since kindergarten like Avie. There had been a few arty things in the younger school years too but that seemed so long ago and, well, he didn't have that artistic skill anyways. Musical skills yes though that seemed to be it.
    Three names came to mind. Though of course he didn't want to paint them with another person around. No. That wouldn't be a great idea. But he was bored so he decided to grab a small canvas. He set it up like Avid had because he wouldn't have the first clue to paint apart from putting paint on the canvas. That was probably it. He felt pretty useless though he shrugged it off. Hr didn't care. He decided to thinly paint the background black. If it was thinner he guessed it would be faster to dry.
    Matt had no clue on what he was going to paint but he decided to have black as the main colour.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/12/2014, 5:59 pm

Observing Matt set up his canvas, Avie turned slightly to nudge some of the paint bottles and tubes in his direction on the table -- the blue, black, red, white, yellow, and a half-empty purple that had been there for no reason and served no purpose to her. They were all smudged with dried paint from the hands of careless artists, covering up most of the text written on the tubes/bottles and making it look like some sort of weird mosaic. "Have fun there -- careful with the black paint bottle, it sprays like a whale."

She turned back to her own painting, admiring the shine of the fresh paint on the canvas for a second before dipping her finger back into the black glob on her palette and continuing the second part of the Titanic. It would probably be finished in half an hour, if she didn't keep getting distracted -- not that she minded. Matt seemed like a nice enough guy, so she didn't totally abhor his company.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 11/15/2014, 5:45 pm

Matt noted down what she had said about the the specific paint bottle. He grabbed it and decided to just squirt it on the canvas then spread it out from there. Though he probably shouldn't have squeezed the paint bottle so hard. There was black paint everywhere. It had covered some of the canvas but it had also covered the floor and Matt was not one who wanted to clean. But seeing as Avie had cleaned up the whole place earlier he decided to grab a damp cloth. He threw it on the floor and used his foot to attempt removing the black paint splatters. Though it just smeared it across the floor. He frowned. He wasn't about to get on his hands and knees and become Cinderella just to clean some paint.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/15/2014, 8:07 pm

Hearing something like a splurt to her side, Avie turned her head slightly to see Matt had decided to ignore her instructions to be careful with that black paint bottle -- and so had gotten black paint not only on his canvas, but also the floor and a part of the wall. Karma is sort of a beautiful thing, isn't it? she thought sarcastically, wiping her fingers off on a paper towel and, for a moment, watched him use his foot to wipe the floor with a cloth. "Here, let me help with that -- there's a mop in one of the closets. I'll get that and you can go... get a bucket of water or something." Maybe she had been a bit mean by thinking that, but hey, Avie never said anything without a reason to do so.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 11/22/2014, 6:01 pm

Matt had now found the funny side of it but resisted the urge to laugh. He guessed that Avid wouldn't understand what was so funny. So instead he went a grabbed a bucket. It took a while sincr he had to search for it and he had never been in this arts and crafts place before. He followed Avies instructions and while the bucket was being filled with warm soapy water Avie had gotten the mop.
    He watched carefully at the bucket to make sure that it didn't overflow. He must've looked weird doing so but he kind of didn't want to have an ocean in the arts and crafts.
    He took the now filled bucket and began to walk over to Avie. He just hoped he wouldn't spill this everywhere. And of course he had to jinx that. He tripped but was glad when he gained balance. But wasn't glad when some of the water had joined the black paint spreading across the floor.
    "Oh come on..." he said, putting down the bucket. He looked down at his shoes and saw that his love was undone. He wished that laces were alive do he could murder it. But instead he glared at the mess that had been created on the ground.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/22/2014, 7:38 pm

"Oh boy," Avie sighed, brushing the back of her wrist against her forehead to scratch an itch she couldn't quite satisfy right now, owing to the paint still on her fingers and the imminent pool of water on the floor before her. She had gotten the mop out of a separate closet in the arts and crafts cabin and walked back to the area just in time to see Matt almost fall and spill out the soapy contents of the bucket everywhere. Thank the gods it hadn't splashed on her painting, or she would have been pissed.

"Well, that's fine. Floor was gonna have water all over it anyway." Passing the mop handle from her left to her right hand, Avie plopped it in the middle of the puddle and wrinkled her nose as the blackish mess. The paint and water hadn't quite mixed, but it definitely would when she started mopping. With her free hand, she gently moved her canvas stand away from the mess and then shifted the mop a bit, noting how the soap was beginning to become black. "It doesn't seem like much," she said, almost hopefully, to herself as she began to move the mop in a clockwise motion, making it sop up the water and paint -- and in the same movement, spread the paint around further.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 11/28/2014, 5:28 am

Matt had tied his lace up thinking he was 1) a total jerk and 2) a total idiot. He wasn't usually this.. caring of how others viewed him. But he felt bad watching her mop up his mess. She wasn't a slave and there were times he would wish he could stop cleaningup after others.
    "Here, pass the mop." hr said carefully mmaking sure his shoes didn't get black water over them. He held out his hand ready to grab the mop.
    "Just go and finish your painting. I'll clean." his voice seemed to be a mix of mumbling and saying. He looked at the small pool he would have to mop up.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/29/2014, 5:24 pm

Avie looked up from the blackish soap sludge on the floor, hands still making the mop move slowly back and forth in the water. Well, this certainly was unexpected. "Er, yeah, sure. But you sure you don't want help? I've got time, and I'm almost done my painting anyway." Hesitantly, she held out the mop handle to him, half-wanting to take it back and half-wanting him to just take the stupid thing and be done with it. She wasn't exactly miffed at him for making such a mess -- everybody was a bit clumsy every once in a while -- but she wasn't very happy to clean it up. Avie had always hated doing chores at home and this should have been no different, but she wasn't quite sure if she was just pitying him for seemingly having such a bad day or if she subconsciously considered this a favor, not a chore.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 12/14/2014, 3:55 pm

Matt grabbed the mop. Sure, sometimes he let his insensitivity get in the way but he didn't want someone to do his dirty work. If he wanted to be like a snobby popular girl he would've gone to the Aphrodite cabin.
    "it's okay. Seriously." he reassured her.
    He began to mop, not actually knowing how to mop. He just guessed he was doing it right as the sloppy black mess began to decrease. In a few minutes it was done and he had squeezed out the mop and tipped out the dirty water before placing them back.
    He walked back over his painting he had started on. Some of it was covered while some of it was still clean, white canvas. The black paint was still wet and while he figured out what to do. He dipped his finger into the wet paint and he felt a smirk pull on his lips. Avie was facing away from him. He held out his finger close to Avie's face but not so she noticed it.
    "Avie." he said, hoping to get her attention. What was he doing exactly? He was attempting to do that thing where you hold your finger out and say the persons name. When they turned around they would be poked in the cheek. Unless they saw it coming. Then that just ruined the fun.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/24/2014, 3:29 pm

[ooc: Oi, sorry for the late post, I've been busy lately.]

After Matt had somehow gotten the mop out of her hands, Avie had gone back to her painting, still glancing over her shoulder occasionally to make sure he was doing it right. He wasn't as incompetent as she thought he was -- not to be insulting or anything. A lot of people didn't know proper mopping technique. She only knew because her father was sort of a klutz and spilled his coffee a lot before going to work.

So she stopped paying attention to the boy with the mop and the weird black sludge-water on the floor, going back to splashing blues and darker shades of blue (which was the original blue paint mixed with black, not any new globs of paint she'd gotten from the arts and crafts closet's rather meager supply) to touch up parts of the ocean, make the squigglies a tad more realistic. It was all going good, until --

"Avie."

"Eh?" Her head turned to Matt...
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 12/26/2014, 5:21 am

Avie turned around and got a black blob on her cheek. Matt was grinning the whole time he waited for her to turn around. He giggled a bit before removing his finger and wiping it on his jeans, not really caring about them that much. He then waited a few seconds until he caught her reaction..

ooc; it's okay kendall i understand and i don't mind. :D plus sorry that it's short.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/17/2015, 7:20 pm

[ooc: aaannnddd I forgot about this. I'm sorry again.]

Avie blinked when she felt the cold sensation of something being pressed against her cheek by the boy's finger; raising her hand to touch it after he had backed off, she found it was a dab of black paint from one of the tubes. Matt was giggling, so... obviously a prank. Obviously.

She had to half-smile at that; it was sort of funny that she had fallen for it, after all. Oh so smart, and yet oh so awkward, that's what she was and what she probably would be forever. "Nice one, man. It really brings out my eyes."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 3:46 pm