A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Norwegian pirate (Pirates of the Caribbeans AU)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Norwegian pirate (Pirates of the Caribbeans AU) Empty Norwegian pirate (Pirates of the Caribbeans AU)

Post by Morgan Landry 9/7/2014, 3:51 pm

OOC: If you don't get the title reference, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc9nTcROQtw

BIC: The weather in Port-au-Prince was hot and damp, not at all what Capt'n Bellamy was inhabited to, having spent most of her time in the cold waters of Scandinavia. It was much too warm here, her long blue cloak, trousers and embroidered corset clinging to her skin a bit too much. Fortunately, her tricorn was protecting her eyes from the burning sunlight. She was walking through the darker streets, ignoring the stench of unwashed persons while making her way from the bay into the city. Wooden houses piled up against one another; she spotted several taverns and shops. A grocer was praising his fruits in a loud voice. Out of habit, her eyes looked around, focusing on random faces to see who'd make good members for her crew. If she didn't find anyone here, she'd have to go to Tortuga, something that displeased her. Tortuga may be the island of the pirates, the chaos and anarchy there made her fidgety; she liked being in charge, having authority. And there was no authority on Tortuga.
    She had gunners, two surgeons she had grabbed from an overtaken ship's crew, one cook, enough deckhands, even a 14-hears-old cabin boy, but she needed a new master-at-arms, one or two carpenters, some powder monkeys, a boatswain and a navigator. The last ship they had attacked had brought in gold and riches, but many of her crew had died.

She arrived at the tavern she had heard of, the Octopus, and went in, her two mates behind her. The left one was her second mate, a dark-haired girl with a mid-length braid, dressed only in men's clothing and a vest, while the other one was her first mate, another girl with a bicorn on her dirty blonde hair, wearing a green tunic with a large belt, a short cape, trousers and sea boots. All three were equipped with sabers, quality pistols and knives, and carried gold rings, bracelets and rich brooches to pin their cloaks. They were dressed to impress; if they wore indicators of wealth and success, crew members were easier to come along.

Capt'n Bellamy found a table next to a wooden pillar and ordered rhum for all three of them.

"You see a recruit, you tell me," she told them in a clear whisper. She may have been a pirate for most of her life, she still had manners, and the pirate accent had never quite gotten over her speaking like a highborn.
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Norwegian pirate (Pirates of the Caribbeans AU) Empty Re: Norwegian pirate (Pirates of the Caribbeans AU)

Post by beanie 9/8/2014, 3:50 pm

Norwegian pirate (Pirates of the Caribbeans AU) Tumblr_m8o3kyjZhJ1qhpigio3_500

Andi was used to the chaos of Tortuga, where she normally resigned, but here wasn't that chaotic, mostly just hot. Being a pirate had its perks but recently she was crewless, her last captain died in a raid here. Andi was only lucky to survived unnoticed.
    She was going along her day when a woman came into her view. She was obviously new, Andi recognized the faces of the people of Port-au-Prince and she wasn't one of them. Interesting.

"Well well." She said just as a couple of merchants started to set up their carts. Right on time. Andi didn't have enough shillings to get her own food, spent them on the clothes she was wearing; make shirt with brown vest, trousers and sea boots. Her hair was tied up, hidden under the nicotine she was wearing, couldn't have anyone knowing she was a woman, much less a pirate. The mark was hidden underneath her tunic sleeve.
    Anyway, she darted through the crowd, snatching a couple of fruits and bread. No one noticed, like-

"HEY!" Oops. Andi turned around, seeing a merchant staring right at her. Putting her hands up, she dropped the good, just as her sleeve fell down.

"PIRATE!" Someone screamed and with that she ran.

Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Norwegian pirate (Pirates of the Caribbeans AU) Empty Re: Norwegian pirate (Pirates of the Caribbeans AU)

Post by Belle 9/8/2014, 4:50 pm

Norwegian pirate (Pirates of the Caribbeans AU) Tumblr_inline_n02x754nlk1sxjxv9

Alice never grew up being a pirate or anything of the sorts, but her father was a knight. High ranking one in fact and he taught her a few tricks in sword play here and there but of course never gave her a real sword. He wasn't supposed to teach her much about being a knight as for most men took on that job. She also have a few chances to be out on the open sea and rather liked it per say. As of today they had just docked in Port-au-Prince. It was always hot and sometimes rather humid here, and she had no idea how the residents could bare it. She heard a few rumours around saying that there was a captain of a pirate crew that was looking for more people for their crew. Alice was tired of all her studies, and all the men she had to meet because her father wanted to marry her off. She wanted excitement and adventure and just something new to take on.

One of the roles she heard they were looking for was a navigator, and that was one thing Alice had an affinity for. She was good at knowing where she was, she knew how to use the stars for navigation as well since she was fairly good at that. Although a compass was more comfortable for her. Alice never told her father she wanted to go off and do this but she left him a note on his bedside table he'd get later. She was leaving on her own either way, and he wasn't going to stop her. She knew soon she had to use some of her shillings for more appropriate clothing.

That was when she heard the word yelled out about a pirate. Her head turned and saw someone with their arms up. Then he bolted off. Alice picked up the goods he had dropped and then gave a few shillings to the merchant and then bolted after the guy who ran off. She looked behind her and no one was chasing them and as soon as she got closer to the guy she grabbed his arm and pulled him into an alley way. Alice got a better look at him, and studied him for awhile, he didn't look too masculine but some guys were like that. "Here, this was the food you dropped, everyone deserves something to eat." She said softly handing him the goods he dropped and she looked at him for a bit, "please don't run but I just wanted to ask, are you really a pirate?" She asked hoping the answer was yes.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/9/2014, 7:36 am

OOC: Lakisha and her crew just arrived and she hasn't told anyone why she's here but it's okay, I'm not gonna make you edit :)

BIC: Victoria, the first mate, perked up.

"Listen!" she hissed. The second mate and the captain squinted, focusing on their ears... Then they heard it.

"PIRATE!"

The three young women exchanged a glance, waited several moments, then paid the barman and exited the tavern to see a commotion in the street. A young boy was running away, followed by citizen including a young girl that looked highborn from the way she was dressed.

"Come on," Capt'n Bellamy said and jogged after them.

"Not that way! Follow me," Victoria hissed and went to the right. She had been in Port-au-Prince several years and knew the streets; the captain and second mate followed her without questioning. They ran behind her on the irregular pavement, eluding commoners, merchants and carriages, then entered a narrow street, went into a house she knew was abandoned, then opened the door on the other side to find the young boy and the highborn lady next to each other, panting in an equally empty street.
    The second mate pointed her pistol at them and loaded it with a flick of her thumb, standing in the doorway.

"Get in now," she ordered to them. "And if you try anything fancy like screaming or fainting, young lady, I'll be sure to put that bullet in your head."

OOC: In this AU, my characters are a bit older, Morgan and Victoria are about twenty, and Lakisha about 23-24.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/9/2014, 3:41 pm

Norwegian pirate (Pirates of the Caribbeans AU) Tumblr_m8o3kyjZhJ1qhpigio3_500

Was Andi scared? Not one bit. This kind've happened a lot, most of the time she was just caught. No one ever knew she was a pirate.
    But when she was pulled into an alley, a pinge of fear struck her. Was in the guards that patrolled the streets? One of her old cabin mates was educated on the gallows when they were caught as a pirate. She didn't need that happening to her. Andi was tempted to grasp her sword handle when she noticed that it was just a girl, wearing clothes of noble birth. No one ever gave her food, so this girl was either crazy or a loon. Andi guessed both.
    She was about to speak when she heard the click of the pistol, whipping her head around to see a young lady pouring her gun at the two. Andi recognized a pirate when she saw one and let's just say, she was glad to see one.

"I'm comin'. Never thought I'd be glad to see another pirate." Andi said, crossing through the doorway, not without taking her bicorn off, her hair falling to her shoulders.

Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 9/15/2014, 1:08 pm

Norwegian pirate (Pirates of the Caribbeans AU) Tumblr_mzvwf9qu3o1ridkjdo3_250

Alice stared at the boy for awhile, but soon their little meeting in the alley way was interrupted. Alice had never seen a pirate in person before, but she was almost certain the one pointing a gun at her might be. No one just pointed a gun at you unless you were insane or you were a pirate, or something of the sorts. She sighed a bit, having dealt with some weaponry before but it was a bit of a rush just to be held at gun point. There was mixed emotions with it. That was when Alice saw the male take off his hat, which than revealed a lengthy hair, did that mean that he was actually a she this whole time? or was he just a he with long hair.

Alice then continued to move forward as she looked at the girl. "Fainting and screaming isn't exactly my style." She responded cool and collected. It was true though, why faint in a time like this? not like it'd get you out of the situation, fainting was a horrible idea. Screaming, well by the time anyone heard you, you could potentially be dead in a matter of seconds.

OOC: Forgot my original colour already xD and so so so sorry this took me so long to get done D:
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 9/23/2014, 7:31 am

(OOC: Is this still alive or no?)
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/23/2014, 7:32 am

OOC: i think we're waiting for morgan, but i would think so
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/23/2014, 8:46 am

OOC: SORRY I'M SO SORRY

BIC: Held at the point of the gun's barrel, the two persons walked in. The house was old and smelly, with a carpet of dust on nearly every item, the overhead wooden chandelier woven with spiderwebs. Somebody had obviously pillaged it, but had left all the low quality furniture: broken chairs, a sagging mattress, old, rotten wood and broken pottery.

"Girls," the first mate said, obviously surprised. She brushed her dirty blonde hair into her bicorn and observed the two with her piercing gray eyes.

"We don't have much time, the guards will be here in a minute, and they will search every house," the captain said. "I can save your life by returning you to your crew, young girl, if you have one, but if you don't, you can come to mine. What can you do? Carpenting, navigating, fighting?"

"Captain, what should we do with the lady?" the second mate asked. "She'll probably tell the governor about us before we reach the port."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/23/2014, 5:41 pm

Norwegian pirate (Pirates of the Caribbeans AU) Tumblr_m5n8gmsOZq1rpwd9j

The house was of course, a dump. Old furniture, worn-down wood and a not-so-nice smell that made Andi cringe slightly. Not the best look.
    But a voice brought her back to what was happening.

"Hmmm...." The brunette pondered for a second. Another crew? Well one, this new crew didn't look so warm and friendly. The one with the most authority, must be their captain, had that stuck up look and cold gaze that made her a little on edge. The blonde was observing her and it wasn't so comforting. And the other brunette looked like she'd either love you or hate you as soon as you speak. And two. She hasn't been fighting lately.

"It depends. Haven't been in a crew in a while. Last one died in a raid here. Think you could handle my fighting?" Andi hasn't had the best schooling and wasn't so great when it comes to talking.

Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 9/23/2014, 6:54 pm

Norwegian pirate (Pirates of the Caribbeans AU) Tumblr_mzvwf9qu3o1ridkjdo3_250

Alice hated how right away they just assumed things of her, being a higher up class. She was almost furious but showed no trace of emotion for it, she learned to remain calm and just alright in the situation. When she heard word of navigating her interest perked up, and she was willing to jump up and volunteer but she waited for the other girl to speak first.

"I may be from a noble family, but I have no interest in telling anyone anything, I came here for a reason. I know I don't look the part and my bloodline doesn't have much in it's traces but I would like to offer my services and I would like to be dedicated. I have navigation skills and have been taught from a young age, I also know how to fight and hold my ground. Laugh all you want but I know this is no game or story to be played out, I seek adventure and treasure, and I crave it bad, I can't continue to live up to normal female standards in my old life." She said making her case but not making it in a begging like fashion and she took pride in her words and how she carried herself. Alice needed to be apart of something, and she wasnt taking no for an answer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 9:57 am