A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The Cat in the Hat who sat on a rat [private]

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

The Cat in the Hat who sat on a rat [private] Empty The Cat in the Hat who sat on a rat [private]

Post by Kendall 9/19/2014, 5:41 pm

It was a warm afternoon today; Stella would have enjoyed being outside, to fly through the air or lay on a cloud and sleep, but no. She had to find some books to read to Tempest.

If her dyslexia wasn't so darned irritating, the demititan would have had an easier, breezier, beautiful time finding books for her younger sister. She was browsing an array of picture books, neatly lined on four shelves of one bookcase, listed in ABC order by the author's last name. It was a shame, though, that none of these were written in Ancient Greek, because Stella had to pull out each book to look at the picture on the front and see if she could guess the title. It would take too much time for her to decipher the titles on the spines; this way was annoying, but a lot easier and probably faster.

Tempest's dyslexia wasn't so bad as her sisters', but the kid was five -- lots of five year olds had difficulty reading, dyslexia or not. The demititan had forced herself into the library for her sake, because Mom wanted her little Tempest to read more and, by golly, Stella had to do it because she was the older sister and Aidan did so much for her and blah blah blah. Stella loved her family, but why couldn't they just leave her alone? She had things to do, people to harass, tornadoes to start -- not books to read. She disliked reading, not only due to her dyslexia but her impatience at being forced to read through boring descriptions of landscapes or the love interest's beautiful blond locks and sparkling blue eyes and oh, Edward, why won't you love me?

At least she found "The Cat in the Hat," though. Reading that would probably be the highlight of her week, because who didn't like Dr. Seuss?
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

The Cat in the Hat who sat on a rat [private] Empty Re: The Cat in the Hat who sat on a rat [private]

Post by Holly 9/20/2014, 4:24 pm

Charlotte had watched Stella enter the library and browse the numerous shelves, looking over the spines of the books and finally selecting the cat and the hat. Charlotte couldn't help but smile at the house, she too was reading a book by that same author, but it was hop on pop and not the cat in the hat. Her blonde hair was tied into a braid and her blue eyes shined bright with innocence...although inside she could hear Eliza telling her to smack Stella, while andria soothed her to make a friend. Taking a deep breate and summoning all of her confidence (which was barely any) she stepped towards Stella.

"If you want I can help you find other books like that" she spoke out in a soft whisper, and not just they were in a library, it was how she normally spoke. "I quite enjoy the titles..." She added and showed her the copy of hop on pop she had been reading.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

The Cat in the Hat who sat on a rat [private] Empty Re: The Cat in the Hat who sat on a rat [private]

Post by Kendall 9/23/2014, 3:54 pm

[ooc: Whoops, I'm sorry this is late; I accidentally forgot about it.

Are there any clear physical differences between Andria and Charlotte?]

Stella had been busy flipping through her book to check for the drawn-in obscenities so common in library books when she heard, clearly, the sound of footsteps heading towards her -- but she paid it no heed until she heard a soft whisper and the snatches of words she couldn't quite hear, even with the aid of the winds. It was definitely a girl, so there was that. She'd said something about "finding other books" and... "titles" or something. Did she want help? Did she want to burn down the library to write new versions of all the books currently inside? Stella didn't know.

The demititan looked up slightly, but not very much; she could just see a shirt the way she'd angled her head. It looked like a nice, clean shirt though, so she didn't mind the weird angle that much. "What do you want?" she asked, snapping the book shut. "Can't quite hear you there, kiddo, the harpies don't bite heads off for talking too loudly in here."

But then Stella looked up fully and frowned at the girl standing before her. Was this...?[/color]

Last edited by Kendall on 10/3/2014, 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/27/2014, 10:28 pm

OOC: brighter eyes, darker hair. Other than that and te personality, no

BIC: Charlotte took a step bak as clasped the book she was holding against her chect. Gulping, she spoke a little louder, repeating what she had said before to the girl. She knew who Stella was and her common sense was telling her to run like hell away from her, but miraculously she held her ground and looked at the girl, well, her hem of her shirt. She couldn't look her in the eyes, frankly the child was too scared.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/3/2014, 9:59 pm

The demititan narrowed her eyes at the girl -- she looked nervous as hell to even be standing there, even though it was a freaking library, for Zeus's sake. For now, Stella had not attempted to kill somebody in the library (aside from, say, one of the annoying harpy librarians who liked to hover around any camper who walked through the doors).

"Don't really need your help," she said flatly, turning back to the shelves. Laying the book flat down on one of the empty sections of the self, she continued to peruse the wide selection of children's books, clicking her tongue."I can read just fine. Thanks for the offer, I guess."

[ooc: Oi, sorry for the late post. I've been busy with school.]
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 10/11/2014, 5:11 am

OOC: I'm so sorry I just now saw that you posted!

BIC: "your welcome...if...if you do need anyone to help you or if your having a particular problem I'm sure I could help you" she whispered quietly, obviously not an extrovert as she stood nearby, watching Stella carefully.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/11/2014, 5:39 pm

[ooc: It's perfectly fine -- I might not have gotten back to it for another few days, if you'd replied immediately, anyway.]

The girl had said something again -- but Stella couldn't hear it. Either it was because her hearing was still off from that fight in New York City a week or two ago, or the girl just spoke in ridiculously soft whispers all the time. Must be annoying, not being able to be heard all the time. "Sorry, what was that, again? Speak louder. Harpies ain't gonna murder you." The demititan had pulled out another book and was staring intently at the cover: it was nothing she'd ever read before, so probably nothing of importance.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 10/12/2014, 6:59 am

Charlotte looked up at her and raised her voice to speak louder to Stella, but not by much. "If you need any help..." She repeated "please just ask, I can help you find a book or a section or something" she told the demititan. She was still scared of Stella, but was gaining confidence as she spoke to her.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/13/2014, 9:04 pm

"Oh yeah? That's fine, then." There it was again: the flash of familiarity in Stella's mind when she looked at the girl's face, like she'd seen her before. It was like the ones she'd gotten a few days or so before, when she'd been talking to... that other girl, when she'd been sitting along the path to the commons area with Cirrus running around overhead.

Andria. Yes.

The demititan paused, looking up from another thin, battered old book to study the girl's face in more detail. The shape was familiar, but the eye color and hair didn't match the person she wanted to connect it to. Perhaps... siblings, maybe? The resemblance was almost uncanny, but this girl's demeanor certainly didn't match the overly-optimistic, sociable one of the Andria she'd met before.

"Do you have any siblings at camp? From the mortal side?" Stella asked abruptly, snapping the book shut.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 10/13/2014, 9:22 pm

She nodded slowly. Her cover was that her other personalities were her siblings, so she wouldn't be connected to the awful acts of wellzc Eliza. "Why do you ask? I have two" she whispered as de stepped closer to her, hesitantly.

"Is it something she did? Your not going to kill me because she did something, will you?" She whimpered, eyes wife and full of fear.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/15/2014, 5:58 pm

"Is one's name Andria, and the other has like... this weird mace thing for a weapon?" Stella was frowning at the girl now, not sure how to really interpret her reaction to her question. Like, gods, was she seriously this much of a pansy? The demititan had barely said five sentences to her and the poor thing looked like she wanted to run and hide in some dark, isolated place for a few years.

"I'm not in a killing mood, anyway, right now," Stella announced casually, looking her up and down. The resemblance between these siblings was uncanny; she had two younger sisters herself, but they didn't have so much as a passing similarity in their facial features. Perhaps the girls were triplets? "Unless, of course, you keep insisting on whispering. That's annoying me a bit."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 10/15/2014, 6:14 pm

"Andria and Eliza" she nodded, speaking louder now so not to annoy Stella. "They are my sisters..." She said, messing with the book in her hands. "Have you met them? I...I mean...well...Eliza...Eliza mentioned you" She whispered and played with an axe charm on her wrist. "They...she said, she said you were mean, but then andria said you weren't" Charlotte said as she watched her.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/15/2014, 6:23 pm

"Met them both. Andria was okay, I guess, but Eliza's an idiot. Just saying." Well, she certainly wasn't heartbroken over this accusation of being "mean" -- she'd been called plenty worse over the years. Stella gave her a half-shrug and turned back to the shelf, hand brushing the tops of the thin books encased in plastic covers -- to ensure they wouldn't be majorly damaged during a spill, probably. They always looked pretty beat-up anyway, so maybe they really were doing a good job at keeping the books safe. "Think I met Eliza in... New York? Something like that. Nothin' special about her, she's just one of those idiots who think they can beat me in a fight. It's funny."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 10/15/2014, 8:14 pm

"Eliza is a meanie. She bully's me. She hurts andria. We only have to let her, I can't fight back but when andria does it only gets worse for me...." She sighed and put her book back onto the shelf with the other ones. "She steals my axe a lot, and andrias knives...she's just not a nice person, sometimes I wish she could die...but..."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/17/2014, 5:10 pm

"Then maybe you two should plan things a bit better," Stella mused, pulling out another book -- and then, just glancing at it once for a few seconds, put it right back. It looked like it was written in Japanese or Mandarin, which she clearly could not read at this point in her life, if ever. She had a hard enough time reading just English, so she could save this book for fifty years in the future when she actually decided to learn Chinese and, maybe, her dyslexia's effects will have substantially lessened. Sighing, she glanced over her shoulder back at the girl, hand resting on one of the empty spaces on the shelf. "Poison her. Attack her in her sleep. Get more help to beat her. I'd kick her ass but I wouldn't do it out of the goodness of my nonexistent soul for your sake -- but I do know that if you kill her before I do, it's less idiocy for me to witness and less work. Double whammy."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 10/18/2014, 1:19 am

"I can't! If she dies, I die. If andria dies, we die. We are all connected so if one dies we all die. I can't kill her without killing myself and she can't kill me without killing herself! That's why she just beats me up...she wants to kill me but she know she can't" She sighed an leaned against the shelves.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/18/2014, 12:27 pm

That was... certainly very strange. Stella was giving the girl an odd side-eye look as her head turned a bit back towards the shelf, wondering briefly if she were a bit insane -- a lot of people in camp were nowadays, for some unknown and probably very strange reason.

The girls seemed to be a bit more than just siblings, if they were connected that way. It sounded like a sort of twisted empathy link to the demititan, but she only had a very small knowledge of the way those things worked; she couldn't accurately judge.

"You seem a bit closer than just siblings if what you're saying is true," she replied evenly, turning herself to face the girl fully.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 10/22/2014, 1:40 am

"What....what do you mean?" Charlotte asked as she looked at her, showing fear and also hope buried deep inside. "We are triplets, Eliza got the darker hair of our father, while I inherited the blonde of my mother..." She whispered and looked down. She was scared now 2$/5 if te secret was found out? She couldn't risk that...Eliza would be killing her, andria would be crushed...
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/22/2014, 2:58 pm

"Unless you've got some weird black magic going on in your family, most 'siblings' don't die when another does in a domino effect. That's definitely not how triplets work." Cue the finger quotations around the word 'siblings.' Of course, Stella couldn't really argue with this girl on that other point: the alleged triplets did look slightly different in terms of hair and eye color and personality, but, like.... Hmm. She didn't know much about genetics, but whatever. Maybe they were just ridiculously close, unlike most sets of siblings -- including her own -- that she knew of in camp and around her hometown.

Still. The girl looked a little too uncomfortable to be telling the whole truth, even if she seemed like she was just a generally timid person, and Stella had never heard of any sets of siblings so close emotionally that they would all die together except outside of a really bad novel or some obscure sections of mythology.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 11/8/2014, 8:25 pm

"It's...it's...complicated?" She asked, more of a question than anything else. She was certainly feeling the pressure of these question now, and honestly she didn't really want to keep answering them, but at the same time she didn't want to anger Stella. "I'm not sure how it all works, it could be magic..." She managed to tell her
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/8/2014, 9:42 pm

"Maybe. Or you could be lying to me, that's always a possibility." As far as Stella knew, nothing she'd ever heard or read concerning curses had ever said something of this sort -- at worst, maybe the girls would have been cursed to die at some young age. Dying in a domino effect, though, seemed a bit far-fetched; their parent must have pissed off a god really bad to get that put on them. From what the demititan had heard of Thanatos, he didn't seem to care very much when he got souls, so he probably wouldn't have cursed them. Hades, maybe? But no, most people were not that important to him.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 11/9/2014, 11:33 am

"I'm not lying!" She exclaimed suddenly. Quickly though she drew back and looked down. "Sorry..." She whispered, crossing her arms over her chest in an effort to emotionally shield herself from the demititan. Her emotions inside were different, each and all faction wrestling for control, to either slug, hug, or emotionally detach herself. Which angle would win out? She had no idea whom, but it more than likely wouldn't end well.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/9/2014, 3:41 pm

Stella was taken aback by her sudden outburst -- so the girl could be loud if she wanted to. That was nice to finally know. She frowned at her, wondering briefly if something more natural than some magic curse was occurring to make her little friend and her "sisters" act like this -- because if it wasn't a magical curse, then it had to be something else.

The three girls the demititan had met looked extremely similar in the face, but the hair and eyes were usually different. So maybe they were triplets. But that didn't explain the way this one was acting like they were so codependent on each other, to the point where it seemed as if they were linked by something more than sibling bonds -- if one dies, so do the others, and if the violent one wants to kill this one but couldn't, then....

Something clicked in Stella's head, making her grow just a bit more suspicious. The girl was lying, she knew that, but how far did this go? "So if it's not a curse and you'll all die if just one of you does, then might you share something a bit more than, say, a sibling bond?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 11/9/2014, 9:37 pm

Another gulp and another slow nod was how she responded. "Yes....you...you could say that" Charlotte replied in a whisper, her sudden burst of emotional expression had reduced her back to her timid nature. On the inside though, she was the little one in the corner while both Andrea and Eliza grappled for control, to see which one would win out over the others. If anything, Andrea would be the better one...

The three shared almost everything physically, both Charlotte and Andrea retaining the blonde hair and blue eyes, the only difference being clothing fashion and style of their hair. Eliza however was the brunette, and brown eyes being the opposite of her...sisters. Though right now appearances didn't matter, it was the personality that made them different. From the loud and violent Eliza to the kind Andrea to the timid Charlotte, they were indeed all the same, but different as well.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/10/2014, 4:18 pm

"So it's closer than a sibling bond but not quite it," she continued on, not looking directly at the girl before her, "and not a magic curse nor an empathy link. It's a bit more natural than that, isn't it?"

Turning her eyes back to the girl, Stella stared at her intently: she looked mildly uncomfortable now, the way she did before, but now the demititan could relish in being the reason for it in a different way. She was getting a bit too close to home, and it was certainly much more satisfying than simply being an imposing figure standing there flipping through children's books. Making people uncomfortable or frightened was one of her hobbies, however odd that sounds; it gave her an extra feeling of superiority over people, making them flee or avoid her eyes just with a few words instead of, say, with her powers. All those people she'd fought before, who had said she needed her powers to be intimidating, were very, very wrong.

She chuckled lightly and raised her eyebrows, wondering briefly if her deductions were close to the mark. "Something, perhaps, that even mortals share with us demigods? Am I right in assuming that, or should I reevaluate myself? Don't lie to me, that won't help you."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 5:51 am