A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Night Meeting (private for Dylan and myself)

Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

Night Meeting (private for Dylan and myself) - Page 2 Empty Re: Night Meeting (private for Dylan and myself)

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/23/2014, 2:02 pm

Benjamin groaned in pain and winced somewhat at the shadow travel to the infirmary, not truly letting on to just how much pain he felt. The wound was superficial, he had gotten worse before, but that didn't mean that the weakness of his leg along with how deep he felt the cut was only made him want to scream with agony from the whole trip. Once in the infirmary he felt himself hit the bed and groaned quietly in pain as Morgan got the supplies together and then got to work fixing his leg. She whispered that he'd be fine and he nodded. "Thank you. Sorry that you had to fix me like that..normally it isn't so easy to get to my leg." He told her. He was truthful in the statement too. Ben, ever since the accident, paid special mind to his leg and almost went out of his way to protect it from any further permanent damage. Sometimes even letting a rouge blade slash his arm or rip his back open just to protect his leg. It was a reckless fighting style and he tried his best to avoid such extremities, but he couldn't lose his ability to walk. Years of living with a limp made him fearful of the idea of being crippled and confined to a chair for the rest of his days.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Night Meeting (private for Dylan and myself) - Page 2 Empty Re: Night Meeting (private for Dylan and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 10/23/2014, 4:17 pm

"Figures," I told him and turned away.

My own wounds were starting to get unbearably stinging and I didn't want to loose time hiding behind curtains. My powers, the fight and the shadow-traveling had weakened me enough. I shakily made my way to the medics shelves, put a bottle back before taking supplies for burns, stuffing them into the basket. With shaky hands, I took the hem of my shirt and pulled it over my head, hissing in pain as the cloth scraped against my injuries. Aaaah. Dude, that hurt.
    Dropping my stained and ripped shirt on the ground, I tried to have a look at the wounds. Two burns on my neck and forearm, the slash on my collarbone, the violet-yellow bruise on my arm and the claw gashes on my lower ribcage. I turned away from Benjamin -- what are you looking at, this is summer and girls walk around in bikini tops all the time, which was kind of the same thing as a bra, so no big deal right there -- and got some cotton to stop the bleeding. My hands shook a lot as I applied it on the burns, stuffing one of my fists into my mouth to bite on and keep me from crying out. I chewed on a small piece of ambrosia then opened the lid of a small round glass box filled with a coppery paste. I scooped up some with a nearby spatula and drew it across my bleeding burns, letting it seep in properly before moving to my claw wounds.
    There too, I sprinkled the dark green powder I had used on Benjamin, pushing it between the edges of the injuries whilst biting on my knuckles, clenching my eyes shut. Chimera claws were a nasty business. When I removed my fingers, they were red, almost black, from the coagulated blood and I quickly wiped them on a piece of cloth, the metallic smell already reaching my nose.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/14/2014, 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/25/2014, 7:37 pm

Benjamin lay there for a moment not sure how he was meant to take her comment and then watched as she started to heal herself. He could see how she was struggling with some of it and sat up, scooting over to her. "Morgan do you need help?" He asked her with sincerity. He knew from the fight they had just been through that she could more than take care of herself, but even still a little help doesn't ever hurt anyone.

(BLah Lame is lame)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/26/2014, 4:08 pm

"What? ...um ...yes, sure," I replied and came over to him. My fingers were still slightly trembling, especially those of my arm with the big violet-yellow bruise. "I think the bone of my arm might be cracked or something. I can't really move it that easily."

When I was four, I had cracked my shinbone skiing; I didn't remember it that well but the pain here was vivid. I sat down next to Benjamin, my jeans still soaked with Chimera blood -- the smell was really acrid -- and put the supply basket between us. "I don't think I'll need a big bandage or anything, it'll be healed by morning, but..."
    Hesitantly reaching out to the basket with my other hand, I took the bottle of nectar and let some droplets fall on the now indigo bruise. Lesson of the day: rocks hurt. I hissed through my teeth but endured it, feeling the tissues starting to mend inside my arm.

"Take this for a sec," I told him, giving him some medic tape whilst taking out scissors and bandages then passing them over to him. "Can you do me a bandage real quick?" With one hand, it'd be kinda difficult.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/27/2014, 1:15 pm

Benjamin watched as she explained what was wrong with her arm and he noticed the burns and what not that permeated her face. He took the bandage from her and wrapped it around her, careful not to injure her further as he wrapped her up. "So who's Zack?" He asked her politely, finishing wrapping the bandage. "I heard you mention the name when the Chimera first showed itself, made it sound like Zack was someone close to you that the chimera attacked before." He told her, explaining the sudden question that he had asked her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/27/2014, 2:04 pm

I was kind of surprised he'd remember that, but after a quick frown, I crossed my legs and forced my arm to remain motionless while he bandaged it.

"He's one of the guys with whom I did my Quest, a couple of weeks ago. He's a son of Zeus. We were on a train to Miami and the Chimera attacked us, undoubtedly because Zack has a strong demigod smell." I let out a small chuckle. "The stupid thing knocked me out against the wall of the train like, five minutes into the fight. When I woke up, I was surrounded by emergency doctors because the train had derailed, etc, so tonight I felt like the two of us had some unfinished business."

Despite my usually better vision during the night, I couldn't quite make out Benjamin's features in the darkness, probably because he was looking down on my arm. In order not to feel too useless, I dropped a bit of nectar onto the gash in my shoulder.
    I didn't comment though on Benjamin's last sentence. Yes, Zack and I had been very close, we'd been close enough to go out together, but now we were each other's best friend. There were no romantic feelings between us, nothing but affection and trust. I felt kind of the same towards Hammer, the other Quester, though I saw him more as a brother-in-arms than anything else-- a son of Kratos, whatcha expect?
    So yeah, I stayed silent about the whole we-were-together-part because I just felt like it'd seem unnecessarily awkward about that relationship, and I was the type of person who liked clear, straightforward relationships. No gray zones or complicated stuff.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/27/2014, 2:25 pm

Benjmain processed the answer that she gave and noticed her silence at the mention of them being close. He made a mental thought about it all and then with almost as much suddenness as his previous question he let his thoughts roll out. "So you were a couple at one time? It's okay if you choose not to answer, the fact that I assumed so should be reason enough for a lot of things."

He knew that according to past experience she'd likely think he was either prying too much into other people's business or being a simple jackass. But it was neither thing he intended, Ben just liked to know the whole story. It's what made things simpler if he knew everything he was dealing with when it presented himself.

"I'm sure it's no secret that I had a very...wealthy life style back in London," He added in the moment of silence, "From the movements, to what I wear, to how I talk, it just screams rich boy. Well of course I don't hide my past, so I won't hide how I came to this conclusion. I like words, words give a sense of power that simple brute force doesn't provide, and with words you need to of course understand how the mind thinks, how it works, the simple type of things that people share on a more primal level. Love, Fear, Hatred, Joy, all things that are hardwired into making us people. I asked my mom one time to have a guy hired to teach me on how to read people, took a good year or two, and during the time I was being hunted by monsters, but soon I learned all I could know. And now I take great strides to try to use the skills to understand a situation in full view before I get too far into it." He paused for a breath and for the words to correct themselves in his mind as he let them go

"It's...easier...to handle a situation if there isn't something that's making things seem...out of place." He said, settling on that to try to finish his reason for his need to ask questions.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/27/2014, 2:58 pm

Wincing a bit as he finished the bandage, I frowned again, finding it kind of weird he'd picked up only that from what I had just told him. It wasn't even an interesting part or whatever. Nonetheless, I listened to him.

Oh yes, I had kind of figured out he came from a wealthy family. And I wasn't really surprised about the reading-people-lessons, seeing the way some Athena kids looked at others with what I called the Sherlock gaze, it wasn't surprising at all that a rich son of Hades could afford that kind of stuff.

"Yep, we used to date," I told him as a reply to his first question. "But it's over, like, we're best friends. We decided that mutually after our Quest." I stopped. "I don't even know why I'm discussing that. Whatever, moving on." I could feel the medics and ambrosia seep in and my cells buzzing as they mended, the inner bleeding stopping slowly but surely. It felt almost like a kind of purr. "I can only agree with what you last said. And lessons to read people? That sounds so cool. It must take a lot of practice, though, right?"
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/27/2014, 3:30 pm

Ben nodded with a small smirk in reply to her question of his skills requiring a lot of practice. "It was no walk in the park learning them to begin with. If mum hadn't forced me to continue, even for someone wealthy the prices my teacher charged were insane, then I would've given up likely within at most 6 months. But eventually I grew accustomed to the lessons and eventually I learned how to read people. Sometimes it's easy, other times...people like to try to put up a defense. And when that happens I get both excited and annoyed." He told her as he felt the cut on his leg slowly but surely finishing up sealing itself, he was sure a scar would remain, a cut that deep had to leave it's mark behind.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/27/2014, 4:49 pm

"Sounds legit," I replied, whispering a chuckle which turned into a controlled hiss as I applied a dark blue slime on my arrow wound. "Do you know how to do a shoulder bandage?"

I had had one when I had broken my collarbone -- skiing again -- and I obviously hadn't done the bandage myself. I just remembered it had to go under my other arm.

Looking back at the son of Hades, I tried to put on a serious expression though was betrayed almost immediately by my amused smirk. "So tell me. What can you read about me? I'm curious how much of an open book I am."
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/28/2014, 1:33 pm

Benjamin watched how she acted, nodding at the question about the bandage and carefully constructed one to hold her arm in place to heal it as she asked him what he could read about her. He smirked a bit watching her mannerisms and seeing her amused smirk. 'Well the first thing I see is that you don't seem to think I can read anything now that you're trying to hide yourself. But beyond that...hmm." Ben started pausing as he sat up off the bed, gently moving over to a chair facing in front of her and sat silently for a decent amount of time.

After what seemed like hours of silence Benjamin smirked lightly. "You're a fighter, you're young in terms of camp years, but you've got experience in ways that most don't seem to understand. On top of this, your voice, it holds the sense of kind, helpfulness that's rare to this day and age, but at the same time, it had a brash edge, signs of someone that is blunt and cruel when the situation demands it, and your scars from whether it be a fight or extreme sport show many things have been thrust into your life willingly or otherwise. But your eyes...they tell something more..something personal. You've seen things that most would dream to see, but that's the light an happy mask...what really is there are eyes burdened by things that known should have to face...fear..pain...these things are normal. But...you've experienced something worse than this...something that can only be seen from being right at the point when it occurred...something that can only be seen with a close friend. You lost someone, someone that you may have not been great friends with, but you were in a situation with them that caused such stress that they were the only way to find a sense of comfort, a sense of safety...and then they died before you. I see the hopelessness of watching someone die and not being able to actually save them." Benjamin stated, lowering his voice as he spoke.

He knew death, he was a form of death himself...but the hopelessness in her eyes from that loss was something he couldn't truly know..not without facing such a thing himself.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/28/2014, 4:04 pm

"Okay, that thing about you learning how to read people, I don't buy it. You're a psychic, that's what you are."

I chuckled, though my chuckle was kind of nervous. It felt weird to be told that kind of stuff about myself, stuff that I hadn't really payed much thought to. He had said the general things about me, that I was generally kind, but could also be a sadistic b!tch on my bad days. There were some things he hadn't addressed like my strong-willed determination or my being rebellious (rules and I didn't really work well together -- except if they were my own rules), but he had perfectly sought out my anxious part, my fighter part, the burden.
    Yeah, the burden.

"How on Earth did you know about...." I said, meaning to talk about the losing a close friend part. "Like, is it because you're a son of Hades or is it really just that obvious?"
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/29/2014, 1:11 pm

Ben shook his head at proclamation that he was psychic. He saw her reactions, all of them. The nervous chuckle, the slow born realization of how accurate his general terms had been, the sly look and thinking he had missed things when really they just weren't prominent to the things that he could physically asses, and then the sorrow in her eyes and then the question from the final part, the loss of a friend.

"It's a little of both truth be told. Yes I'm a son of Hades, of course I reek of death and I can smell it on other underworld kids, that's natural. But you, you're a daughter of Hecate, while you have the faintest scent of the underworld because of your mother, that's all you should have, but your scent, as weird as I feel this sounds, is stronger than it should be. That kind of smell should only be for people with their parent related with death itself, but your mother isn't, at least not directly, the crossroads can be argued but I don't feel the time to debate. Regardless, you smell too much of death for being the demigod you are..and then once I looked into your eyes and recognized that look of loss, the pieces fell into place with each word I spat." He explained to her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/29/2014, 1:22 pm

So that what it was like to meet Sherlock Holmes...

Well, a more mythology version of him, but still. I sat there, still looking at him as I processed what had just happened, how he had just read out my personality and facts about me just be being there and gazing at me.

"Well then," I said as I tried to get my former good mood back. Of course, talking about Leïla kind of put a weight on the whole conversation but I wouldn't stop it because of that -- after all, I had been the one to ask him to read me out. "Guess not many people can hold secrets from you too long. Did that annoy a lot of people at your school?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/27/2015, 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/29/2014, 2:29 pm

Benjamin grew a confused look. "School?" He asked her calmly. He was confused for good reason. Up until the first year he spent at the place, consequentially also the first time he got attacked, he had never been to school. He had private at home teachers and the friend he had were kids that lived in the same area of London as him.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/29/2014, 2:43 pm

I first thought he had misheard -- we were kind of whispering -- though then realized what he meant. On the other hand, it was pretty obvious, him being a rich boy and such.

"Oh. You've been homeschooled, right?" I asked, not entirely sure.

That had never happened to me; the closest I got was when I did these additional lessons through the CNED, a French school thing stuff that sent you textbooks to learn and work. You had to hand in tests and do the exercises and all in all, in addition of normal school work, it could pretty exhausting at times. But my parents had insisted I did it in German, French, maths, etc, so I did it.

"Um, well, scratch what I last said, then."

No school... I wondered, who would he hang out with as a kid if he had no school to make friends at? Or was there some kind of high society circle where the rich kids all hung out together?

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 11/27/2014, 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/30/2014, 1:06 pm

Benjamin heard her question and chose to nod rather than verbalize a response. He never really felt out of place for having private instructors versus a class of 30 kids, no not out of place, just...more advanced than most kids. But at the same time, even with the friends he had in London he knew that that was a part of his life that he may consider to be robbed from him. The chance to have such bonds that you could really only get in a school setting that was an an actual building rather than his home.

"I spent one year in school. And I didn't even get the chance to finish it. I was attacked for the first time when I went there and then when I found out who I was, I refused to come here till I was 13, and had gained the damaged thing as a reminder of how ignorant I was to my own abilities back then." He said referring to his weak leg. He sighed as he thought back to the days before the years of running away from monsters.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/30/2014, 2:00 pm

I didn't really know what to answer to that; anything that came to my mind seemed stupid so I decided to just keep quiet.
    My injuries were throbbing a bit less and I looked at the big clock, my vision more accurate through the darkness.
    2 am. We had to be up in five hours and people would question my bruises if they hadn't healed by then.

"I think I should go back," I said after a moment of silence. The fight and my wounds were taking their toll on my energy levels and I felt literally exhausted. The thought of my bed seemed like Elysium right now. I turned to look at Benjamin and gave him a small, frank grin. "It was nice meeting you Mr Holmes," I said, reaching out my hand for him to shake.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/9/2015, 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 10/30/2014, 2:32 pm

Benjamin smiled at her. He stood silently and took her hand in his, bringing it up and lightly kissing it. "It was quite interesting talking to you, Mrs. Landry. And please call me Ben or Benjamin. Mr. Holmes sounds like I'm a walking copyright." He told her chuckling a little before vanishing into the night, his destination being the bed in his nearly empty cabin.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/30/2014, 2:36 pm

Well.... another gentleman. Zack was kind of like that too so I was inhabited to the whole hand-kissing thing.
    Benjamin wasn't as weakened as I was so shadow traveling was okay for him; I had to heave myself up and drag my tired butt over to the dark Hecate cabin, trying to make as less sound as possible as I climbed back into my bunk bed. Being the second-in-command of the Hecates, I kind of had to be an example for others and the less people knew about my breaking the rules, the better it'd be. I hoped Benjamin would stay discrete about tonight's encounter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 8:21 am