A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Guard Duty [private]

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Guard Duty [private] Empty Guard Duty [private]

Post by Kendall 10/19/2014, 3:22 pm

Guard duty. Eugh.

Dorian hated standing in front of the tunnel, armed with his sword and armor and his pack of breath mints alongside one of his fellow Third Cohort members: fighting was such a hassle, and frankly nobody really interesting ever came through, especially during his shift. It was early morning, a little after breakfast-time; the sun was still rather low in the sky, but it was bright and warm like it was still summer. The legacy didn't know if that was because Camp was located in California, or if the weather had been manipulated; if he had known before he quite forgot now.

Reaching into his back pocket, Dorian pulled out his pack of Altoids and flipped it open, pouring one out into the palm of his hand and popping it in his mouth. Delicious mintiness -- always good to clear his nose, if it got too stuffy. He shut the little container and slipped it back into his pocket, glancing around distractedly. His fellow guard wasn't paying attention; he looked like he was sleeping, leaning against the wall. Secretly, the boy hoped a Centurion or Legionnaire would come by and talk to them, if only to yell at his partner for sleeping -- that would be infinitely more interesting than standing here looking pretty.

But nothing of that sort happened within the next five minutes. Sighing in defeat, Dorian gazed at the entrance with his arms folded across his chest, waiting for any sort of danger to enter and, you know, let him do something of interest. The Fates were so cruel sometimes.
    Ragnarok

Male
    Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2014-09-16

Guard Duty [private] Empty Re: Guard Duty [private]

Post by Ragnarok 10/19/2014, 3:36 pm

Jerome had enough of being near the entrance in good place and blacked out the campfire and throw threw his stuff away because he knew he wont need those anymore for real. He stood in the morning and now he was ready to continue his adventure of life. "Finally this is done and no one interferes." Jerome smiled up to the sky fairly and began walking.

Then he remembered something he had seen something suspicious last night when he was awake. He looked around steadily to run because he didn't have anything to protect himself with. Along the former place of his encampment were as he had suspected, nothing was there. Then he continued until he saw something, a guard couple near the tunnels front and he stopped walking fast as he did. He walked more slowly almost as slow as he could mumbling something. "What to do?" he questioned himself because he knew it was time to do something but didn't know what. Then he walked more by to get in to the vision of one guard at least.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/19/2014, 3:55 pm

After a few minutes of blankly staring off into the distance, Dorian came to after hearing his partner shift and mumble something to him -- or that was what the legacy thought, because turning his head he found that the other boy was... asleep. Or something.

Then he heard something: footsteps coming in their direction, slow but almost deliberate. There was the sound of cars rumbling on by, but Dorian could still hear the thing coming. Was it a person? Or more specifically, a demigod or just a regular mortal? He knew occasionally regular mortal walkers came by, usually homeless people or such, but those were extremely rare.

It couldn't hurt to call out, would it? Although, he mentally noted, glancing at his partner, that would probably be unwise, as his fellow Third Cohort member probably would not be of much help asleep.

And so, Dorian put his hand on the hilt of his sword and waited, until....

He raised his eyebrows as a boy walked into view, coming slowly but surely in their direction; the legacy of Mefitis tightened his grip on his sword. It was now or never. "Halt! Who goes there?"
    Ragnarok

Male

Post by Ragnarok 10/19/2014, 4:12 pm

Jerome was walking towards the front of the tunnel until he heard something from the same tunnel he had been heading to. Then he stopped like he would have faced a wall on his path to the camp. "I am Jerome Rohan Johnson, son of Vulcan the Roman god of fire!" He yelled back to the guard what had yelled to him too one question.

Then he continued walking to the tunnels front. He reached his own eyes on the guard and faced towards him. After this he came in front of this guard and continued speaking "May I pass through now?" He asked this question because he wanted to be friendly towards the guard. Now he was only awaiting for the answer.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/19/2014, 4:29 pm

Dorian narrowed his eyes, watching the boy come closer until they were face-to face; his hand remained where it was, prepared to draw it in case this situation went south. He couldn't depend on his friend by the wall to help him, anyway; the boy was apparently a deep sleeper.

"And when were you claimed?" the legacy asked, ignoring the other boy's question for the time being. Lupa had clearly approved of the boy if he were here right now, but Dorian had to make sure this wasn't some sort of trick of the Mist that was cloaking, say, a monster in disguise. He'd been trained to be cautious, especially for these times: there was war on the horizon and the camp could not afford to be infiltrated by any enemy, especially agents of Gaea. "Who told you where we were?"
    Ragnarok

Male

Post by Ragnarok 10/20/2014, 1:55 am

Jerome didn't take the ignore seriously which he more by understood sometime ago by monsters. "I were claimed five years ago in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Europe. And what comes to your second question here's letter from my long lost friend who gave me letter which had information where I should get." He would give the letter to the guard steadily and then take a few steps back to give the guard his own space of feelings.

Then he heard something coming from behind him and that wasn't ordinary human... it must have been a monster stepping this way. "Damn it... If I am not wrong there is monster coming this way which followed me this way all the way from San Francisco. You should check it after you've checked the proofs I gave you." Then he went next to the guard ready to stalk if he was right or wrong.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/20/2014, 4:11 pm

Dorian took the letter and examined it closely: he didn't know who this person was at all, either because this person didn't exist or he had never interacted with him. Frowning, he turned to the boy and held out the letter back to him: "Proves nothing to me -- I don't know this kid at all. You, maybe a monster in disguise, could easily have forged this letter to give to me. We can't be too free with who we let in anymore."

The legacy had already taken a disliking to this boy; he was very insistent on getting in to the camp and New Rome and seemed to be a very talkative person. He didn't seem to be very bright, either, if he hadn't bothered to knock off a monster following him to camp and he now thought he could throw his problem onto the guards and, you know, let them handle it -- not a person Dorian would like to befriend, certainly. The guard chewed on his breath mint and listened to the movements nearby, drawing his sword as he split the Altoid in half with a clamp of his teeth.
    Ragnarok

Male

Post by Ragnarok 10/21/2014, 4:52 am

Jerome looked at the and took it but at last he sought that if it was no use to the guard it was no use to him. He sliced it in to pieces with his hands and walked a bit away from the front of the tunnel and threw the parts of paper away. "God, if you want to know why I throw the job of killing the monster to you... Well I don't have a weapon which to use to kill it at least briefly so there is a good reason for which I am throwing the responsibility to you." Then he looked around wishing that he could do something about this. Then he saw the damn stupid guard who was sleeping. "Mind if I take his weapon and help you if the monster attacks?" Jerome asked this with caution because he never liked to be idle and sitting around when others do the work. "And seriously why someone orders a guard to patrol if they sleep their whole patrol? Like why the hell?" He looked at the sleeping guard partner of the one he had been talking the and then he thought why not to take his weapon and take out the monster alone.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/21/2014, 4:06 pm

[ooc: Dorian never said anything about Jerome throwing the monster responsibility onto him out loud.]

"Don't take the weapon," the legacy of Mefitis snapped at Jerome, sword at the ready for whatever monster approached around the corner. "That's his and not yours, and we don't even know if your story is true. You could just be tricking me so you can kill both us guards and go into the camp. I can take the monster by myself, thanks."

He wasn't sure if he was being cocky or not; Dorian was fully capable of killing monsters on his own, and his volcanic-vapor breath power was certainly helpful in making the monster(s) woozy, enough for him to give him a substantial advantage over them sometimes. He did know, however, that he was much more trained for these types of fights than this Jerome kid here, who thought he could waltz in and act like he fit in perfectly well enough to judge Dorian and his fellow-guard as if he was their buddy and not some brat. He had lived in New Rome for several years and had trained under Lupa too; his years of experience in fighting due to the rigorous Roman training made him perfectly suited to killing monsters on guard duty.
    Ragnarok

Male

Post by Ragnarok 10/27/2014, 1:47 am

[OOC : Yea sorry... I am sometimes a bit forgetting person and that happens a lot actually.]

"Okay I wont take the weapon if you don't want me to." Jerome looked and came back but still thought why was the other guard sleeping on the shift. "But may I ask why your the shift buddy you have here is sleeping his shift? I believe this isn't something someone might want to see am I right?" Then he walked somewhere nearby just probably in front of the tunnel and sat there. "And if you don't like me its actually quite fine. But also I don't mean to be rude. That's all that matters."

Then he still was sitting there until he poured something bright like fire between his hands. Probably because he hadn't felt any kind of warmth by now and was trying to calm himself down before getting easily angry.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/27/2014, 6:39 pm

[ooc: Er... What exactly is he doing? Does he suddenly have a power that you didn't (and should have) put into your form? I'll have Dorian ignore it for now until you explain.]

"He had a long night," the legacy muttered, gritting his teeth in irritation. Boy, was this guy a bit too talkative -- the centurions would have a great time shutting him up pretty fast if he decided it was okay to run his mouth the way he was now. Frankly, Dorian did not care one ounce whether or not this Jerry or Jackson or whatever guy meant to be rude or not; he just wanted a bit of peace and quiet guarding the tunnel, rather than having his ear yapped off by some idiot who just happened to wander by. Gods. He prayed to his mother silently that his shift would go by faster.

But still. Over these thoughts he listened for the movements, but they soon either stopped completely or became faint: he couldn't exactly tell with the sound of cars in the distance and some nature-related noises like wind confounding his hearing.
    Ragnarok

Male

Post by Ragnarok 11/3/2014, 10:30 am

[OOC : Well... Lets say about this as one explainable thing... Jerome always carries matches with him at least a box or two in his pockets. There it is and sorry for being mysterious and so on.]

Jerome continued playing with the fire and revealed it to be only match he played with it until it was a small fragile match and he just blew the fire off the match. "Well if you say he had a long night I understand. I am going to sit here and play with my matches if you don't mind. But still if I could say I am not sure if they are looking for the encampment of mine first what is near the road. God they are fools if they do so because every time I have camped somewhere... Well I throw everything away when I don't need them anymore. Just to hide tracks what could reveal something you know." Then didn't take a matter and took a match again from the box which he had matches in which was quite full. He began playing until he was bored and stopped and looked around with his eyes peering for possible clues of the damn monsters if they even had found a way to them yet to reach them maybe.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/5/2014, 8:56 pm

"They don't know that," Dorian pointed out, rolling his eyes. "Everyone knows it's smart to check around places that look like it's been in use lately. Ain't stopping them from coming this way, either."

Rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand, the legacy kept a close eye out for any disturbances in the area. If need be, he could discharge his volcanic-vapor breath, but he'd need to stay far away from his partner and this idiot; even if he didn't like the latter and was indifferent to the former, he wouldn't wish it on anyone to breathe in what he could breathe out. It took a bit longer to kill than regular volcanic gases, but it was still deadly and smelly enough to warrant Dorian's caution while using it.

The movements started again. He waited there, tempted to check his watch and see how long it would take for whatever it was to get here -- it was taking its sweet time for sure.

[ooc: Would you like to choose the monster?]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 1:56 am