A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

shopping? shopping.

jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

shopping? shopping. Empty shopping? shopping.

Post by jake. 10/24/2014, 5:06 am

shopping? shopping. 2545910_orig

elijah decided to take a day off from camp and go into nyc to get some shopping done. not only was he low on blood sugar, so he needed a really big dosis of m&m's and sour strings, but he was low on tank-tops, hoodies and jeans, so he needed to stock up. he was in the busy streets right now, thinking about taking a taxi deeper into the city. he was wearing a pair of black ray ban shades, a simple gray t-shirt with the sleeves cut off, a pair of baggy grey sweatpants and a pair of high-tops that matched his sunglasses. he was deciding whether or not to go into hollister or abercrombie and fitch. it was always really fun to go up to those nang guys in front, pretend you were gay and flirt with them. oh, the looks on their faces! it was horrendously funny. he hurrying through the crowds of people when he arrived at the sweet shop. oh. my. zeus. that looked amazingggg. elijah bustled in, pushing everyone aside with a slight 'move way, you peasants' form of body language, and ran to the jar of sour peaches, sour strings, sour apples, and sour smurfs. yup. smurfs. he got one of those white bags, and piled, like, half of the jar of sour strings in, and a few sour peaches. he liked those. he like everything sour, really.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

shopping? shopping. Empty Re: shopping? shopping.

Post by Morgan Landry 10/25/2014, 8:16 am

shopping? shopping. Giphy

New York was definitely Lee's favorite city ever. Busy, always bustling with activity, the metropole was imposing and multi-faceted; it never slept and stayed constantly in motion like an enormous beehive. To a daughter of the communication and travel god who had been raised in a remote North Dakota rez, it was kind of paradise.

Lee was on school holidays, so she was currently squatting at her aunt's, who owned a small flat near Chinatown. Before moving on to Camp, she'd stay there for three days just to hang out with her cousins and lay waste to Manhattan.
    Right now, she was arguing with one of them, Garrett, because he was noticing her stealing sweets in the store they were at right now.

"Lee, you can't do this, put them back," he hissed.

"Oh shut up. Nobody sees anything either way," she said, filling a big white bag with jelly beans and sour strings before innocently letting her satchel fall and swiftly stuffing the bag in whilst pretending to pick it up. "You'll thank me for this later."

"I think the guy just looked at you!"

"Oh, did he?"

Lee glanced over at the shopkeeper, but he was busy accepting money from a kid.

"I meant that guy," Garrett corrected, nodding at a man who was standing in the corner, looking at the people in the shop inquisitively. Indeed, the guy had locked eyes on Lee but he couldn't arrest her yet, right? She wasn't even out of the shop.

"Come on," she said, putting on her most innocent expression and casually walking towards the door. However, in her mind, she was patching herself into a phone frequency, detecting the security guy's phone and calling it. Just as the man was starting to move towards her, he suddenly stopped to pick up. She could hear him in her mind, saying "Hello? Hello?"
    She was about to tell him to turn around to look at the blonde kid next to him and make up some kind of story just the time for her to slip out, but then she bumped into another person and immediately lost her concentration. The phone call dropped and she looked at the guy angrily.

"Dude, watch it!" she hissed, whilst dialling the security person's number again. Then she did a double take and frowned at the guy she had just bumped into. "Elijah?"
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 10/25/2014, 9:21 am

shopping? shopping. 2545910_orig

eljiah was just busy paying, and then walking out, happily munching on some jelly beans whenhe bumped into a girl. "oh, sor.... lee?!" he said, obviously surprised. there was this awkward guy staring at her, he looked annoyed. he could tell that she was in trouble. "troublemaker." he mumbled, grabbed her arm, and held a finger to his lips. he casually began walking about, and then he grabbed lee and ran out, heading down the street. the guy came running for them, shouting 'hey! heeeeeey! kids!! you stole some sweets! heeeeeey!!' but elijah just grinned and pushed through the crowds of people, ignoring the 'excuse me?!' 's and stopped at the corner of an alleyway. he pulled lee in with him, squeezing through the narrow opening. he frowned at lee. "why do you always have to go off and steal stuff?" he was about to tell her off when he broke out into laughter. the whole thing was just too ridiculous, really. he realized he still had hold of her arm and he let go of it, blushing. the guy came barging past, missing them completely. elijah smiled. he walked out casually again, whistling. he hooked up his arm with lee's, and through gritted teeth, mumbling: "just pretend until we're down the other side of the street."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/25/2014, 3:38 pm

"Dude, first rule of stealing something: never run," she told him once they were safely behind the wall of the alleyway.

She watched as the guy ran past them, then once he was out of sight, Elijah took her arm casually as if they were a couple and walked to the other side of the street while Lee was texting Garrett in her mind. im out. u ok? They stopped two streets further on a bench and the young girl texted her location to her cousin as well so he could find her and not be too upset with her. Her other cousin, Jordan, was probably close behind.

"I'm kleptomaniac, bro," she told Elijah when he asked why she always had to go and steal stuff. "Whatcha expect?"

She pulled the bag of sweets from her satchel and chewed on a sour string. "Seriously, I'd kill for those."

The wiry Amerindian girl was dressed in a loose, short-sleeved white wool shirt with black leggings, flat brown leather boots and fingerless black gloves, a dark red scarf around her neck. Her hair, short and black, was still as messy as ever, sticking up all around her face. She gave Elijah her signature mischievous smile accented by her dimples and her upturned eyebrows then leaned back casually, watching the New York citizen walk by and remembering how it had been last summer, when this here had been battle ground and all these people had probably been asleep, cast under Morpheus's spell.

"And what are you doing in this fine city?" she asked.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 11/24/2014, 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 10/26/2014, 4:00 am

blame
    I'M NOT THE ONE

elijah chewed on some green sour strings, heading for the red ones next. he grinned at lee, his bright smile seemed to light up the sun. "uh, i'm buying some new pants... i guess?" he said and chuckled. "and some new tank tops. then i am came across, you," he said and gave her a hard, cheeky stare, "and my plans were changed, unfortunatly. so now i'm here. yup." he mumbled something about how the green jelly beans were the best and munched on some sour peaches. "you?" he grunted, his fingers in his pockets fiddling with some screws and pipe cleaners that he had collected earlier on. his hands brushed the emergency drachmas in his pocket. good. still there.

ELIJAH ∆ WOODSEN ∆ SON OF HEPHAESTUS

WHAT KATY DID

Last edited by Jake Landry on 11/2/2014, 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/26/2014, 4:23 pm

"New trousers, new tank tops... You sure you ain't an Aphrodite kid?" She teased him.

She was fiddling with the hem of her scarf whilst eating a couple of jelly beans, her hyperactive mind taking over as she let her thoughts wander around the phones, radios, computers and TVs she could sense around her. One thing she loved to do was hacking into WiFi spots and change the name, like, Darth Vader was here or You call that a connection?", etc. Right now, she had found a couple and was hacking into one.

"Oh, I'm here with my cousins," she said. "Those two guys who were with me in the shop? I'm squatting at their's at the moment, moving on to Camp the day after tomorrow

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/7/2015, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 11/2/2014, 5:28 am

blame
    I'M NOT THE ONE

he smiled at lee, the grin that could mean anything that she wanted it to be. it could be a lets set the roof on fire to lets go play with dolls and rip their heads off. elijah dumped his now empty sweet bag in a nearby public bin, and wiped his mouth clean with his long bony fingers. "i'm sure, yup. not much into dating and all that stuff." he said and grinned again, shrugging. "but, yup, i do care about my appearance, yeah. don't wanna look like you in the future." he said and gave lee a playful poke in the side, and a cheeky wink. he pushed his sunglasses up with his index finger. "wanna do something? there's a pretty neat amusement park somewhere nearby, i believe. small but fun. they have cotton candy." he said and licked his lips. he loved cotton candy. they even made it in green and red. how cool was that? he wiped his hands off of his sweatpants even though they weren't dirty.

ELIJAH ∆ WOODSEN ∆ SON OF HEPHAESTUS

WHAT KATY DID

Last edited by harry styles. on 12/6/2014, 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/23/2014, 9:26 pm

OOC: I'M SO SORRY DD:

BIC: "Oh my gods I'm so offended," Lee grinned as he jokingly said he didn't want to look like her in the future. She loved messing around with people and liked it when people messed with her too.

She chewed on another sour string. Amusement park? Heck yeah. She hadn't been to those... well, in years. Her mother wasn't exactly rich, and when she got money she used it to travel around. Lee got along with her mom just fine, don't get her wrong. She just didn't see her much, as she was in a boarding school all the time and her mother had a very busy job. Sometimes her mother would take her with her on trips but most of the time, she took them off-season to get the cheapest flights, and those were generally the times Lee was at school, soooo... yeah.
    A part of the string still sticking out of her mouth, she was about to text Garrett again then thought better of it. It'd be much more fun with just Elijah. Sure, she loved her cousins and everything, but they weren't as risk-taking as she was, which could quickly get dull. With Elijah, it was something else. They were buddies at Camp and liked to prank together -- Lee's #1 activity. So she just texted him im wiht a firend. could get introuble. c u l8r. That'd keep him off; if he knew she was up to something mischievous, he'd roll his eyes and go away.

"Amusement park, hell yeah." She got up, her mind logging into GoogleMaps to see where it was and the quickest way to go there. She got it in a second and made an inviting gesture with her arm like, after you. "Ladies first," she grinned.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 12/6/2014, 5:51 am

elijah snorted and carried on walking besides her. "you're certainly not a lady, so it must be me, huh?" he said and gave her a click of the tongue. he slid a phone out of his pocket. it didn't have a sim card in it, so it wouldn't attract any monsters. he checked the time. half past four. not all too late just yet, right? elijah sped up his pace a little as they reached the amusement park.

it was huge; in the distance you could hear the loud screaming of happy children. "well, we've got nothing to lose..." elijah murmered. "we're not going on any rollercoasters, though. you know about my fear of heights." he said nervously, swallowing down a hot lump of embaressment. he stepped forward, eyes flickering across the landscape infront of them. he looked at the cue in the ticket counter -- not too long, but he expected a few minutes of waiting time. elijah smiled, however, and pushed through to the v.i.p entrance. he flicked out one drachma and smiled at the cashier. she narrowed her eyes and whispered 'demigods?'. elijah nodded, smirking smugly, and she nodded towards the direction of the gates. elijah shrugged and walked towards them. the scene unfolded infront of him, his eyes sparkling. it had been ages since he had been here. the smell of sweets and hamburgers and hot dogs was overpowering, his mouth watering. he trudged off to the 'ghost house.' it seemd like one of those creepy rides. no one seemed to be around, there was a small cue. with all the crowds of tourists here nothing really seemed creepy. elijah grinned at lee, and patted her shoulder. he slipped his hand in hers. "sorry about that, but i don't need you running off." he said and gave her a playful scowl. "today i'm feeling motherly!" he said and gave a chuckle from him. his other hand slipped into his pocket, and he began pushing/shouldering through the crowd, until they reached the house. it seemd pretty okay, it was quite large and had the style of a haunted house about it. a few creepy clowns were standing around, handing out flyers for a circus or something. elijah shrugged and walked to the entrance. he talked to the ticket booth lady, and got two tickets. she had this weird voice, it sounded pretty raspy. elijah gripped lee's hand tighter and gave her a look, like, 'what's up with her?' and shrugged. he handed the two tickets to the clown guy, who gave him a wolfish grin and gestured for them to get inside.

it was dark. that was his first thought. a few flashing lights were in the corner of the thing, revealing a dark, musky corridor. it seemed to be the first hallway. elijah didn't realize he was still holding lee's hand, and quickly let go, blushing. "let's go, then?" he said quietly.

ooc: i'm thinking they get seperated in there, and turns out that it's a monster lair or something? lots of empousai
    and stuff xDD
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/6/2014, 9:34 am

OOC: Let's do it :P

BIC: Amazement glistened in Lee's eyes; she felt like she was eight years old again, which was the last time she had been in such a place. The widest grin spread on her face as she readily took Elijah's hand, craning her neck to gaze at the roller coasters, the water rides, ice cream and candy stands, the Ferris wheel... She was so excited! Loud music and conversations echoed around her, people bumped into her, the crow moved like a human maelstrom.
    She was a bit disappointed they wouldn't go on a roller coaster but if it made Elijah sick, there was no point to it.

They approached a big, purposefully shabby house, paid for their tickets and went in. Scare houses were amazing, but the clowns actually creeped Lee out a bit. She let go of Elijah's hand once inside and adjusted her satchel on her shoulder. "Aaaayyy," she said and went ahead eagerly.
    They were in the first corridor when the lights suddenly shut down and loud laughter echoed around, like the Joker's. Lee chuckled. Seriously? They entered the first room, smoke erupting around their feet. Small lights illuminated something that looked like a murder scene with a moving corpse and actors disguised as zombies.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 12/19/2014, 6:00 am

shopping? shopping. Tumblr_inline_mqgo7b2fC21qz4rgp
    elijah - hephaestus - sixteen

elijah fumbled with his ring, the tiny button just waiting to pressed. for gods sakes, elijah... man up. he thought. he hesitantly moved along with lee, his wide open green-brown eyes staring at the exit behind them. the door clicked shut. a cold sihiver went down his spine as he felt something... breathing down his neck. he flung himself around only to find nothing there. his narrowed his eyes and exhaled sharply. "sorry... headache." elijah muttered, but his frightened tone gave him away. he pushed through the crowd of zombie actors, finding himself in another room.

it looked like a kitchen of some sort; and elijah gulped at the -- fake, mind you -- heads dangling from the hooks off the walls. he managed a nervous laugh and turned around to say something to lee when... wait... where the heck was she? the door behind him had closed on it's own. elijah frowned and pushed against it, his bony shoulder cracking, like he did to his knuckles sometimes. elijah winced quietly and rubbed his shoulder, then frowning again. he needed to find the exit to this cursed place. he sighed out heavily, before he felt that feeling again. that breath in his neck. he turned around slowly.

and this time there was a girl standing there, about his age. he thought about screaming, but it didn't really occur to him. she was beautiful; long blonde hair, dazzling green eyes that sparkled mischieviously. elijah coughed and the girl smiled. she ran one hand down his neck lightly, making elijah frown. he wanted to smack the hand away, but he relaxed under her touch. the girl hissed, and instantly elijah was jarred. what had he learned in that monster class back at camp? one metal leg, one... donkey leg, was it? beautiful, and drank... the blood of mortal males, or preferrably demigod males. the son of hephaestus smiled crookedly as the word popped into his head. was it... empousai?

"lights out, blondie." he said and pressed the button on his silver ring, the ring folding and expanding, and in around two seconds, he was holding a three foot bronze sword. he swung once, missed, swung twice, cut her on the arm, swung the third time... a sickening thunk hit the floor as elijah opened his eyes full of terror, only to find that not only was the gir- no, empousa's head was lying in a yucky heap on the floor, but also that there were two more in the room now. "lee! for gods sakes, get back here and help me! lee!" he screamed, and ran into battle. the room was quite large, so as he was halfway through, he thought, if this was a monster lair, there must be godly metals around... elijah focused, and a small celestial bronze cooking knife spun up from a pile of dirty dishes. he focused, stopped for a second, and sent it flying at the first empousa, who got impaled straight in her... oh well, let's not say where it hit her, shall we? elijah then charged at the other one, his body twisting slightly in mid air, one arm holding the sword out by it's maximum reach, the other straight out to get him more momentum in the twist, and he sliced the empousa clean through. the golden-bronze dust was swept off into the air. three monsters in one day... elijah felt weary and tired. and then his vision cleared and he though about lee. maybe she had been attacked!

elijah focused once more, and he searched for a lighter above the shelves. surely, if this was a kitchen, they must have something to make a fire? and then there it was; a small cigarette lighter on the top shelf. elijah flung it down and flicked it on, holding up his hand. fire produced smoke, didn't it? and sure; elijah could just produce smoke, as a smoke manipulator, but it would drain his energy. so why not use something that was provided for you? the flame grew larger and then, smoke billowed out of it as elijah felt a tug in his stomach. he concentrated and imagined weaving the smoke into a large shield... and soon enough, as he opened his eyes, the room hazy and smokey; on the ground was a black shield the size of elijahs upper body, about. elijah's vision jarred and he felt sick, but he only had fifteen minutes before the damn thing evaporated, and then bam, he would only have his sword. he slung a small strap of the shied across his left arm and began running down the small corridors, shoutung lee's name in despair of the whole situation.

Last edited by harry styles. on 1/9/2015, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/7/2015, 12:01 pm

Lee had been hopping around the rooms and corridors happily, laughing at the actors and the gory scenes, making jokes in her head to fight the bit of fear that had grown in her. This whole thing made her more fidgety than usual, but damn, the fun!

"Hey Elijah, look at this one, he looks like... " A sudden doubt hit her. "Elijah?"

No reply came.

"Elijah?"

She tried expanding her consciousness around her, looking left and right, up and down... There. She felt it. His phone. There was no SIM card in it but she could still feel it.
    Suddenly she heard shouting -- it was Elijah, calling her, shouting for her to help him. She wanted to yell back that she was coming but thought better of it; if there were other monsters in this building, she'd be stupid to reveal her location to them so easily -- also, they could smell her, she wasn't giving them any further advantage. The daughter of Hermes drew one knife from behind her belt and another one from inside her wool shirt, stalking along the corridors carefully. Her mind was focused on Elijah's phone, which she was feeling like a tugging in her thoughts.
    Suddenly the floor hit her face. "Ouch!" she hissed. The sense of imminent danger was sharp like electricity running up the edge of her skin, it kept her from giving in into the surprised pain. If she didn't get out of here now, she could say hello to Hades.
    The next second, she was on her feet, two meters away. Her bony fingers were clenching the handles of her knives hard enough for her knuckles to pale. She didn't know what had attacked her, if it was an actor or something -- but that couldn't be right. Actors weren't allowed to grab people.
    What if this was but a humongous monster trap?
    She very silently took some steps backwards, her eyes darting around in the darkness. That was when flames appeared at approximately one meter seventy from the ground, red eyes glowing underneath them. This was either an empousa or an ephialtes. Lee reacted in a heartbeat. Half a second later, one of her knives was stuck in one of the red eyes, having the creature explode in a brief column of green flames. That was enough to light the corridor ahead and Lee made a run for it. She had always been among the fastest, even at Camp Half-Blood. Keeping an eye out for walls and other stuff that could get in her way, Lee concentrated on Elijah's phone. It was right there, she just needed a couple more meters...
    Boom. Wall.
    She tapped on it but it was probably no use, he couldn't hear her. Sighing, she took her flashlight out of her pocket and switched it on. She hadn't yet used it because the batteries were almost empty. She'd have to stea-- cough, buy some at camp once she got back.
    The beam of her light swept around the perimeter, she was in a corridor with strung up plastic bodies. Fake blood caked the floor. Well then. She saw a door and immediately went for it, opening it just the moment her flashlight died. "Oh come on!" she hissed in a whisper.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 1/9/2015, 1:16 pm

shopping? shopping. Tumblr_inline_mqgo7b2fC21qz4rgp
    elijah - hephaestus - sixteen

"lee?!" elijah says, hurtling throug the doorways, jumping through the smashed windows with difficulty and- bam. elijah is on the floor. it hurts. alot. glass is cutting into him, his eyes wild with fear. as wild as his hair, you might say. then he realizes that he ran into the girl he was looking for, the girl he needed most at the moment -- wait. elijah focuses and then gives out a laugh, a happy, bellowing laugh, strained with pain and the hoarsness of his broken voice. "gods i- i mean, i've been looking- for goodness sake, where were you-oh, come here!" he mumbles the last part, the conclusion of a string of jumbled, short notes of happiness. elijahs hands is loosely holding his sword in his bleeding hand, then other wrapped around lee in an embrace. there was silence for a while, before he broke off into a worried grumble and then pulled her into another hug. "i was pretty worried, y'know! leave it up to me to be your knight in shining armor, miss sherwood." he just felt so jumbled up with emotions, mostly worriedness and annoyance at his own stupidity. he then scrunches up his nose. "and no, i'm not your mother, but you are younger than me, so i feel like i need to protect you. you get yourself in all kinds and sorts of trouble, climber girl. now lets hurry and bust out of here, eh?" he says, his voice breaking once more before making his way through the broken glass and the dark corridor once more, hesitating and softly taking lee by the shoulder, pulling her along with him.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/11/2015, 10:12 am

She didn't have the time to do anything as Elijah suddenly hugged her, mumbling about how worried he had been and his protectiveness of her. "Um, yes, yes," Lee said, patting him on the back awkwardly, "I appreciate that but y'know, I can handle myself. Don't need no knight in shiny armor, even though they're pretty for decoration." She gave him a grin and pulled away. Lee felt a bit awkward, as hugs weren't in her usual daily schedule. She never hugged anyone really -- except if it involved rubbing food in their hair while doing so -- not that she didn't like it, just that she wasn't inhabited to it. She was more, boyish hand shakes, shoulder clasps, brofists, that kind of stuff.

"So ummm... how do we get out of here? Oh wait, I'm the daughter of the god of traveling. What a stupid question."

She didn't have supersenses or anything, but she had a tendency of knowing the right way -- most of the time. Sometimes it didn't work. Lee shouldered her bag and went to the right, still holding her knives in her hands.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 1:53 pm