A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+2
Theseus12
Morgan Landry
6 posters

The Halloween dance

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

The Halloween dance Empty The Halloween dance

Post by Morgan Landry 10/29/2014, 7:12 am

OOC: Hey there demigods, welcome to this year's Halloween dance. This topic lasts a week. As you can see, the Hephaestus, Athena and Hecate cabin made a good job of turning the Mess Hall into a graveyard-style dancefloor dotted with pumpkins and spooky ghost-like flowers (thank the Demeters for the latter). You can post in here since it's the common topic, or branch it off into private ones. Whatever you choose: enjoy!

Blood of Olympus spoilers!!:

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 10/30/2014, 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male
    Number of posts : 1923
    Registration date : 2010-11-19

The Halloween dance Empty Re: The Halloween dance

Post by Theseus12 10/29/2014, 11:20 pm

Drizzt arrived into the dance hall, and was surprised by it's rather... dark decor. All we need now is a phantom playing music on an organ. he thought to himself. Being a kid who usually dressed in black, and other dark colors, he was assured that he wasn't underdressed for the party. Making a costume was impossible to do without being cliche. So he just went as himself, in black jeans, shoes, and a tee shirt, all black. He left his cloak at the cabin. The hard part was finding a partner, so he just went without one. "I must have been an early bird" Drizzt muttered. The place was deserted.

Luke decided to be an assassin for the dance party, and came dressed as the infamous Altair, complete with his hidden blades on his wrist. He wasn't much good at weaving, but his costume was fairly authentic. And looked pretty good on him. Checking that the blades wouldn't tear his costume, he then started to go to the party.

((Yeah, Lita's not coming.))
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/31/2014, 9:26 am

When Cleo arrived at the party, it was around 9:30 pm -- yeah, because arriving early at parties is bogus. She was dressed up as a 1800s doll: mid-thigh-long Victorian era inspired dress, white stockings and pastel orange high heels trimmed with lace and embroidered with floral motives. She had sprayed some pale red glitter dust on her cheekbones to complete the porcelain puppet look, not that her makeup didn't take care of that. Light caramel color spread on her forehead, cheekbones and nose, eyebrows retraced to give her a slightly surprised look, lush fake lashes meant to have her eyes seem round and lipstick coloring the middle of her lips.
    Cleo had been unable to stop admiring herself in the mirror for forty-five minutes, appreciating how bubbly her ringlets looked (she had spent ten minutes on them, they better look bubbly) and twirling around to see herself from behind. She already looked very innocent with her huge glittering green irises, symmetric face and full lips, but dressed up and done as a doll, she had an almost angelic hue.

When she arrived on the dance floor with the populars, the party was in full swing. Austin and Kayla, the usual DJs, were rocking it at the turn tables, a couple of Hephaestus kids took care of the light effects (Cleopatra could only make out the huge, grotesquely ugly girl, Sawyer -- seriously, she was a pain to her eyes), the Demeter's being busy at the buffet while some Dionysus's mixed cocktails. Yes, this would prove to be a very interesting party, Cleo thought as she walked between the crooked crosses and tombstones the dance committee people had set up earlier in the afternoon. A vapor ghost puffed up right in front of her but she walked through it, giggling with one of her sisters.
    There were some broken mirrors here and there and she couldn't help but stop in front of one to marvel at her reflection. Her dress moved most prettily around her thighs, as the skirt was wide and done exactly like in the Victorian era: the petticoat, the bustle, the underskirt then the skirt. The dress was done in orange, pink and white, the corset embroidered with flower motives and set with a golden brooch. She even had two bead-and-velvet bracelets around her wrists which looked extremely bubbly as they matched the trail of orange and white silk flowers on the left side of her hair. She knew there wasn't any African/Egyptian porcelain dolls back in the Victorian era -- at least not that she knew of -- but she didn't care. Her outfit just looked so bubbly, she was fangirling over herself.

If there was one thing Falko could do really good, it was the Joker laugh. So what did she decide to dress up as for tonight? Take a wild guess.
    The Asian daughter of Deimos had arrived with the popular clique dressed in a white blouse under a yellow silk waistcoat with a purple skirt, green bowtie, tights and knee-high black socks. Her normally black hair fell in wild green curls over her shoulder and a daughter of Dionysus had given her such a realistic Glasgow smile with stage make up she had thought she was actually bleeding. While the populars slowly clogged off into groups of four or five, Falko went to the bar to get a virgin cocktail. As a starter, there would be plenty of time to drink alcohol later.
    She saw two guys at one end of the dance floor, one having a very convincing corpse costume: grey skin, red eyes, everything, and the other one dressed up as some kind of assassin from Assassin's Creed. Right next to them stood Cleo -- well, Esmeralda, but everybody called her Cleo -- who was as hopelessly drawn to mirrors as flies are drawn to honey. She was twirling around on her high heels, checking her hairdo, striking poses and smiling prettily. Falko knew she was a model, but did she really need to do that during a party?

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 11/1/2014, 3:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/31/2014, 1:24 pm

Drizzt waited as people started to trickle in. First it was some Altair dressup, then some girl who seemed like she was into nothing but mirrors. Mirrors, just to ogle herself in. Sure, she was kinda pretty, but he didn't see the need to prance around a piece of reflective glass. Grabbing himself some punch (which, for the Halloween theme, was as red as blood, though actually tasting like pumpkin), he walked towards another end of the dance floor, glancing back at Miss Model. Noticing some girl dressed as Batman's The Joker (genderbent), he decided to walk over there. Maybe start up a conversation. Part of him regretted not dressing up in a costume. By dressing normally, he set himself up for a bunch of "Halloween's over. Take the mask off" jokes in November. But there was nothing to be done about it now. Maybe next year he could go as Kratos. If he could get some muscles. and a couple of short swords. He'd need a lot of things, to be frank. He motioned towards the girl with his cup. "Lively party, eh?" he said, dry humor on his lips.

Luke, finishing up his drink, refilled his punch as he waited for people to arrive. Apart from that gray-skinned fellow. He creeped Luke the heck out. Looked positively evil, to him. A couple girls came in, and one seemed to go for mirrors more than anything. Peculiar practice. He would like to inquire about it. Tossing his empty plastic cup into the trash, he was soon walking towards her silently, his feet noiseless against the ground. It wasn't too long before he was in her area, waiting politely for her to notice that he was there.

((Very sorry for sucky posts))
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/31/2014, 1:54 pm

The corpse guy came over to her just as she took the first sip of her drink. It was a deep orange liquid with a darker top, decorated with a wheel of licorice. Falko tasted orange and peppermint aromas.

The guy talked loud to cover the music and she nodded. "Yes it is!" she shouted back. Most demigods were on the dance floor, dancing and shaking it to the loud beat. The Dionysus kids had teamed up with the Hephaestus's and Apollo's to make most of this, but Falko knew the real party would only start in about an hour, when the youngest would be obliged by curfew to go to bed and people would start getting a bit drunk. That was normally the moment when Maddy induced a celebration feeling to get everybody on their feet and dancing like a bunch of crazed maenads -- it was one of her powers, as the daughter of Dionysus.

Cleo was busy admiring her make up, stroking her fake lashes with a finger tip when she saw a guy looking at her in the mirror. She gave him an innocent smile, twirled around and tilted her head to the right. "Yes?" she asked, not needing to raise her voice that much since they were a bit far from the turn tables.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/31/2014, 2:38 pm

The first thing he saw when Luke looked at her was that she was a lot more beautiful up close. Symmetrical features and everything. Luke then mentally kicked himself. Appearance wasn't everything. He held out a hand, as though to shake it. "The name's Luke. what's yours?"

"So I see," Drizzt said casually. The demigod sipped his punch, watching as more people trickled in. Some people were grinding to some gods awful pop song. "Ugh," he said, not impressed by the music. "They could do much better..." Turning back to the girl he was talking to, he spoke up. "I like your costume."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/31/2014, 3:20 pm

Cleo was just examining her makeup, stroking her long fake lashes with a fingertip when she caught sight in the mirror of a boy standing behind her and watching her. She twirled around and gave him a pretty, innocent smile as he introduced himself and asked for her name.

"Esmeralda," she replied. She had said her name with the Spanish accent -- she was Spanish (well, Spanish/Egyptian) -- so the accent was accurate, giving her name a melodious and sultry note. "But please call me Cleo, it's bubblier."

She took his hand with her manicured own, her deep brown caramel skin flawless and her oval fingertips painted with pastel pink nail polish. She wondered what he wanted, a drink, a dance? With his long costume, she was unsure of how much he could do of the latter.

"As long as they stay clear from Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez, I'm fine with everything," she replied. Falko was sipping on her drink and occasionally nibbling at the decorative licorice before hearing him say he liked her outfit. "Thanks! I like yours too," she grinned, which, with her bleeding Glasgow smile, looked a bit deranging.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/31/2014, 9:51 pm

"Bieber. Now that's terrifying," Drizzt chuckled out. He then stayed quiet as the dance went on. Eventually, the comment on costumes came out, and she replied she liked his, as well. "That's kinda funny, he said. "I'm actually not in a costume." He mentally braced himself, waiting for her to either not believe him or to make fun of him.

Bubbly. There was a new term for Luke to chew on. "Personally, I find the name Esmeralda to be quite unique, and beautiful, while I have met a few Cleos before, but if you wish." Shaking her hand, he got the idea she moisturized frequently, to prevent callouses and other such toughening of tissues from forming. Her hands were certainly smooth enough to give this impression. All of a sudden, he felt subconscious of the fact that his hands were not as smooth. They weren't rough, like a warrior's, but they weren't as velvet smooth as this, either. more like, cloth bed sheets.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2014, 7:15 am

Falko frowned, then it hit her. "Oh! I've heard of you! You're that Makaria kid, aren't you? Oh, I'm so sorry."

She bit her lip, actually super embarrassed.

"Cleo stands for Cleopatra," she giggled. "It's my nickname because I'm Egyptian. Between a queen and a gypsy, I rather choose the queen though Esmeralda's love story is so beautiful," she sniffled. "But Cleopatra has bubbly love stories too. Caesar and Mark Anthony! Two of the most famous emperors of all time!"
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 11/1/2014, 2:52 pm

Drizzt grinned, with the barest of humor in his smile. "At least my reputation preceded me somewhat. It's okay, though. No need to beat yourself up over it. It kinda makes sense. It's Halloween. People all over the place are in costume. It would only be natural to assume I would be in costume as well. I'm just not, though. Due to my naturally gray tone, any costume I do would naturally become a "Dead" version of said costume. Zelda's Link would become "Dead Link". Dead Mario. That ort of thing. Heck, the only thing that wouldn't be a dead version of the original costume is if I went as the grim reaper, but according to one person I met, I already bear too much of a resemblance. So don't feel bad. Okay?"

Luke shrugged. "Even so, I find Esmerelda to be a much more beautiful name. Nothing against your personal preference, that is merely my personal belief on the matter." He then stopped, and mentally backtracked. "Um... forgive me, but did you say Mark Antony, or Mark Anthony? I've heard of a Mark Antony, but not a Mark Anthony."

((Sorry if the Mark Anthony bit was technically a typo or anything. Merely thought it would make decent conversation.))
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2014, 3:23 pm

"I don't feel bad, just embarrassed that I didn't recognize you," Falko pointed out as she finished her orange drink. "But I have to say, this is the first time I see you at a party -- and I go to literally every party here. What made you come out on the dance floor?"

Cleo gave him the Oops! Silly me! look. "I tend to mix those two up. Marc Anthony is this actor/singer, but you know whom I meant."
    She gave him another smile. "Yes, Esmeralda is beautiful (especially because of my green eyes) but in a crowd of people who -- for the most part -- can't pronounce it well, it's kind of bogus." She loved to talk about herself though felt like the conversation topic could move on. "I'm so thirsty!" she said. "Are you? I think I might go get a cocktail at the bar."
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 11/1/2014, 3:33 pm

"Ah," Drizzt said. "Who's to say I haven't been before, and merely have stayed on the outskirts? But you're right. I have stayed out of parties. I tend to get persecuted a lot for my, well, lack of color. People always looking at me with fear. Too many zombie jokes. Heck. One time a kid in school threw glitter on me and called me Edward." Drizzt's face contorted with obvious disgust.

Luke smiled. "I see what you mean." When she proclaimed her thirst, he decided that, yes, perhaps some drinks would be nice. "You do know that alcohol will dehydrate you, right? Why people drink it, I don't know, but it just doesn't do it's job as a hydrating beverage."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2014, 3:48 pm

"So what made you go out today?" Falko repeated, since he had glided past her question, too busy narrating his misadventures. She rearranged her black socks over her tights up to her knees, then put her glass away. A son of Dionysus immediately took it and put it into the sink, where a harpy did the washing with lava.

Cleo wondered if this Luke guy would keep playing the smartass all the time. Who cared anyway? Alcohol tasted good and a party without it would be bogus!

"It's not supposed to," she finally said, toying with one of her brown curls. "Alcohol is there so you can enjoy the party more. Where's the fun in drinking if you don't wanna drink anymore after the first two glasses? If I wanted to totally quench my thirst, I'd have some bogus water."
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Post by beanie 11/1/2014, 3:51 pm

Niamh's costume wasn't really a costume. Her step-mother had sent her this flamenco dress and she wanted to show it off. It was made of black silk, with two thin black straps on her shoulders. It flowed down to her thighs, a bunch of lovely red ruffles at the bottom. She loved the way it swirled when she twirled and it looked beautiful when the lights catch the beads her step-mother had sown into the neckline. To top it off her had her makeup done and these adorable wedges on her feet. Heels would just hurt when she dances.
    The decorations for the dance hall were beautiful though, that was the first thing that Niamh thought when she walked through the giant doors. She very much liked the flowers that the Demeter kids had thought of. That wasn't the only thing she was paying attention to, the blonde's blue-green eyes had caught the sight of a certain brunette in Victorian clothing. She smiled, making her way over to her half-sister.

"Hi Cleo!" She squealed, giving her half-sister a hug before noticing the other male here. "Oh hi."

Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 11/1/2014, 3:57 pm

Drizzt managed a dry chuckle. "Basically, I was running on the assumption that people would be less likely to get onto me for my skin tone, and assume I was in a costume. So far it seems to have worked."

Luke shrugged. "I suppose I'm just practical with my drinks." Upon arrival at the bar, he asked for, and received, some apple juice. "So, what are your interests, apart from alcohol, parties, and looking in the mirror, if I may ask?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2014, 4:07 pm

"Well it doesn't exactly work if you tell people it's not a costume, now does it," Falko pointed out. She had her arms crossed though had taken a mummy-faced minipizza and was nibbling on it. The guy was starting to get on her nerves a bit, though she did not show it. People were made fun of all the time because of what they looked like. Yes, he looked like a corpse, but once people got accustomed to it, where was the problem? You didn't need to hide or anything. She just needed to look at the impossibly hideous girl from the Hephaestus to see that: she had been bullied all the time be it where she lived or here, but she had put up with it, ignored it, laughed at the people for their superficiality and boom, done. But from the small conversation they had had, Drizzt seemed like someone who was overly focused on his problems, and hell, if he was ready to give up social life because of how he looked, well, that already meant something.

"Niamh!" Cleo giggled as she hugged her half-sister. The two had prepared together with the rest of the populars and Cleo was so happy to see her lovely sister in this bubbly flamenco dress! Being from Spain, she had had the occasion to dance flamenco a lot and loved the outfit. "I already told you that half a dozen times already, but you look so bubbly!"

Then Luke asked her a question and Cleo gave him an innocent frown. "Well that sounded a bit insulting," she said.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 11/1/2014, 4:21 pm

"Oh why thank ya." Niamh giggled back. One of the reasons why she had giggled was because of the memory of Cleo trying to help Niamh get ready. It took the girl a while to help Niamh with her makeup, they were giggling too much and Niamh wouldn't stop squirming in her seat but it was worth it. "And I already told ya but ya look amazing as well."

And then the guy next to them had to ruin it with his question towards Cleo. He didn't even introduce himself to Niamh when she said hi, which was a little rude. "Who is this guy?" She whispered to Cleo.

Mystery

Female
    Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2014-11-01

Post by Mystery 11/1/2014, 6:11 pm

Seashell came to the dance floor in her blue/green short dress with some jeans underneath the dress. She was wearing her pearl necklace, which she found a year ago, and walked up to the punch bowl. Seashell took a cup and pored punch into it. "I wonder who I should dance with..." she asked herself, looking around for someone special to dance with.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

Post by mabel pines 11/1/2014, 6:13 pm

ooc: mystery, please read the rules. as i told you before, your character NEEDS to be approved before you can post.
    Mystery

Female
    Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2014-11-01

Post by Mystery 11/1/2014, 6:34 pm

I'm waiting, and I didn't read the post before this, sorry. Yay!
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 11/1/2014, 9:13 pm

Luke smiled. "I apologize. I meant no offense, I assure you. I merely wished to know what your preffered methods of diversion were." When he heard the other girl ask who he was, he stood, offering a hand. "Luke. Son of Eirene, goddess of peace. And you are?"

"I see," Drizzt said. He remained silent for some time, nibbling a cracker, when he spoke again. "If I may, who's your godly parent?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/2/2014, 3:47 am

"Hmf," Cleo said, pursing her lips into an angelic pout, her huge green irises gleaming a bit in the candle light. "This is Niamh, my wonderful half-sister," she said, not exactly liking how he said And you are? "As for what you call my 'methods of diversion' --or something -- well, I'm a model so obviously I spend quite some time in studios or outside doing photoshoots."

Cleo rose her chin and went for an orange-red cocktail a son of Dionysus handed her, decorated with a quarter of orange and crushed ice. Taking a sip, she tasted tangerine, grenadine and also rum. This was delicious. "Try this Niamh darling," she told her sister, handing her a straw.

She briefly wondered what his statement I see had to do with what she just said but then he asked about her god parent.

"Deimos," Falko replied. "God of terror." She finished her minipizza then looked into his corpse eyes. "And as such, I can assure you you're not terrifying or whatever you think you are."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 11/2/2014, 7:39 am

This guy was rude, that was what Niamh thought. But she didn't show it, he could be nice even with his rude comments. Instead, she turned to her half-sister who had just offered her a drink. Normally Niamh doesn't really drink but today was supposed to be fun so she'd make an exception.
    "Gracias mi hermana." She accepted the drink with the little Spanish that Cleo had taught her. Niamh sipped it through the straw, drinking a little more than she thought. She couldn't help it, the fruity taste was amazing.

"Wow, this is amazing." She giggled, handing the drink back Cleo.

Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 11/2/2014, 12:59 pm

Drizzt smiled at that. "Thank you," he said simply. It was a relief, not being thought of as creepy or scary just because of appearances. "So, if I may ask, what do you like to do? Hobbies and the like? In fact... Would you mind if I was to get you a drink?"

Luke nodded politely. "I see. I personally never had much interest in modeling, but if it makes you happy, then go for it." he said, a smile on his lips. "Not that you ever needed my approval or anything like that...." He smiled uneasily. "I wasn't saying you needed it."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/2/2014, 1:17 pm

"I just got one, thank you", she replied, passing a hand through her green-dyed hair to tangle it up. "Hobbies? Contortions, Cyr wheel, acrobatics in general.... then there's dancing, partying, eating pizza and drawing." The young daughter of Deimos crossed her ankles, looking at the dance floor. Most of her friends were there, rocking it out and dancing like there was no tomorrow.

Cleo frowned at him. What he just said just didn't make sense to him and it was so full of awkward she wondered if it was contagious. Not at all the kind of conversation she was inhabited to. She didn't want to point it out to him because she hated conflict and arguments in general -- that was just so bogus, exactly the type of thing ugly people do. But she was pretty, so she was above all that. She gave in for a friendly "Thank you," then turned to Niamh. "I know right, it's rum. Never had some?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 12:36 pm