A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Scuse you, who do you think you are (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Scuse you, who do you think you are (private) Empty Scuse you, who do you think you are (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 11/29/2014, 11:15 am

The sun was obviously hot, but Sawyer's wasn't breaking a sweat. Her blistered copper skin was rough and hard and the only way for her to get perspiration was working in the forge, which she actually did most of her day. She was dressed in a red muscle shirt with large shorts she had gotten from the boys's section of the shop and hiking boots, her Camp necklace hanging around her thick neck.

But right now, she was sitting on a marble bench in front of the Arts and Crafts building with her pal Hanson, from the Apollo's, a piece of wood in her hands which she was shaping into an exotic fish, careful to sculpt out the slim fins and the delicate scales. Sawyer's hands were huge and gruff but she could cut incredibly precise shapes out of a piece of marble or scrap wood.

"But seriously, when you think about it, the Horsemen of the Apocalypse are such a joke," she said in her deep voice, her Texas accent poking through. "How are they supposed to take over the world in five months, we're like seven billions with tanks and helicopters and fighter jets." Wood scraps fell on the ground as she cut the dorsal fin slimmer. "They're four. On ponies."
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Scuse you, who do you think you are (private) Empty Re: Scuse you, who do you think you are (private)

Post by honey 11/30/2014, 1:39 pm

i don't care if the world knows
    what my secrets are (so what?)

Scuse you, who do you think you are (private) Tumblr_mtdkvuQbB71rusjpbo8_r1_250
    hanson levi
    this is so fun, he thought, as he held his craft in his hands. it was so hot outside, and yeah, he was totally jealous of sawyer's ability to stay not-sweaty. he stuck another magenta feather onto the ring of construction paper he was making. there was the first layer of feathers. now he reached to his side, pulled up the bag with fake gems. taking his glue bottle, he glued red jewels onto the sides of the crown.

he snickered, "heh, guess what your christmas present is gonna be, sawyer." he glued the last jewel onto the crown with a flourish, and reached for the next layer of black feathers.

he turned his attention back to his friend, and snorted, putting the crown down for a while. "yeah, i know right? also, did anyone think about the half-bloods? we'd totally beat their asses into the ground." he stretched out on the porch, looking a lot like a lazy cat. he was wearing a blue t-shirt, khaki shorts, and tan boat shoes. his gold hair glinted in the sun.

"then again, do you think a half-blood could have thought the four horsemen up?"

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Scuse you, who do you think you are (private) Empty Re: Scuse you, who do you think you are (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 12/1/2014, 4:02 am

Next to her, Hanson was building a paper crown with fake gems and a whole bunch of feathers on the top, a bit like the crowns the little girls used to do in art class back in her school in São Luís. She gave him a grin as he snickered it'd be her Christmas gift.

"Yeeeee!" she said in a slightly higher voice -- though she still sounded like a boy.

He put the crown away for a moment, sitting on the bench in the totally-casual-but-still-good-looking way the Apollo's had. Hanson was handsome, like practically three fourth of the boys here at Camp, and even though she had once had a slight crush on him some years ago, she just saw him as a close friend now.

"I don't know. To be honest, I wouldn't see why they'd put effort into it." She was cutting elegant designs on the scales of the fish before working on its round eyes. "I mean, it's Christianity, what's their business there. On my side, I wouldn't have heard of them if not for the Marvel comics."
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Post by honey 12/3/2014, 2:57 pm

you don't believe in anything

he laughed at her attempt to sound girly--it contrasted the low huskiness of her voice. sitting up again, he started pasting feathers on again. still, he grinned at her, fondness colouring every aspect of his expression. she was one of his closest friends, and he thought she was beautiful in her own way. she had this dry humour that never failed to make him laugh, and she tolerated his idiocy.

they were kind of like a hermit crab and an anemone. figure it out.

"pff, whatever," hanson flopped his hand around dismissively, "who cares about the four horsemen anyway? besides the christians, of course."

tagged; hanson & sawyer
    WHAT KATY DID

Last edited by alexander hamilton on 2/10/2016, 8:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 3:51 pm

"To be honest, most of the Bible seems like a mount of made-up stuff to me," Sawyer shrugged.

Sawyer wasn't anti-Catholic, anti-Christian, anti-Islamic or anti-anything. To her, the godly aspect of this world was the panel of Greco-Roman divinities, and that was all there was to it. Perhaps what everybody called God was Fate, or, mythologically, the Parcae. She left religious people alone, didn't care to pick up debates with them though she didn't hesitate to cut in if she found a contradiction or the like in what they said.

"What annoys me is when some people go, Oh, I got a raise today, God is good! and you're like, Seventeen kids died while you said that and they reply, God is mysterious. Like c'mon." Sawyer scoffed, flicking some wood scraps from her fish.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 3:49 am